Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53481 - 04/25/11 05:09 PM Of Prince William getting married
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
Britain will go wild this Friday, since it is the big day when Prince William gets married. Britain has not had a knees up so I am told for a big Royal occasion for 30 years.

Some of my neighbours have their buntings and flags out. The British Prime Minister David Cameron has told the British public to ignore the Councils with their obsession for health and safety, permits and insurance requirements to go ahead and have street parties. A road next to mine has street permits nailed to trees all the way up it allowing a huge street party from 11am to 11pm.

It is estimated that 2 billion people will watch the big occasion. For the British after months of bad news of war, political corruption, cuts and tax rises this royal wedding comes as a welcome relief to forget it all and party.

Everyone likes Prince William, who is the only British royal apart from the Queen who has not disgraced himself in some manner. Even I feel a slight bit of nationalistic pride for this occasion.

#53483 - 04/25/11 05:56 PM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: mabon2010]
Hegesias Offline

I'll be at the gym ALL day, I'm not getting involved with the retarded goings on. The Prince is getting married, that's amazing and incredibly boring, he has my commiserations, I don't feel compelled to get inebriated because of this. I HATE people drinking, I don't drink or abuse any substance.

#53603 - 04/28/11 03:03 PM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: Hegesias]
mabon2010 Offline

I will be working most of the day.

I wish the Royals well and wish them a great day.

I don't feel a part of the occasion even though various street parties are going on around me. I can't get excited about this.

Still, Britain can stand at the centre of the world for one day as 2 billion people watch the wedding.

#53620 - 04/28/11 06:59 PM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: mabon2010]
Hegesias Offline

I want to wish the Royals a great day too, I don't care what the public are doing though.

I just got too pissed off with the fact that ignoble peasants will be shambling about the streets talking utter shit, pottering about ignominiously intoxicated thinking they are amazing and important basking in the shadow of Royalty they don't really care about, waving flags that are actually Christian symbolism and nothing to do with Anglo Saxon heritage of the land, the true English National Flag of old, the Anglo Saxon English Flag is The White Dragon. The years around 450 AD was then "Celtic Britain".

#53627 - 04/28/11 11:55 PM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: Hegesias]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Bread and Circus.

At least for a day you won't have to think about high unemployment, high taxes, excessive govt regulation, high fuel prices, or the invasion of Muslims into the UK. Cheers!

#53628 - 04/29/11 12:00 AM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: Hegesias]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I too have a bit of a soft spot for the Old Guard aristocracy. They're all that's left of the increasingly-irrelevant royal families that once carved the face of world history. (Guess I'm a bit of a romantic about the past, my bitter dislike of oligarchy nonwithstanding...) Consequently, I give them a tip of the hat and perhaps a toast in memory of a dead Aion.

On the other hand, seeing idiots flock about and gossip over the matter like they're celebrities is a bit nauseating. This pretty much sums it up...

Edited by The Zebu (04/29/11 12:03 AM)

#53660 - 04/29/11 03:20 PM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: Fist]
mabon2010 Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
Bread and Circus.

At least for a day you won't have to think about high unemployment, high taxes, excessive govt regulation, high fuel prices, or the invasion of Muslims into the UK. Cheers!

That was until you reminded me.

Royal Weddings of this magnitude happen once every 30 years in Britain, and it certainly brings everyone together. Community spirit I thought was dead and there are at least three streets near me all having their own street parties with games, face painting, prince and princess competitions, music, races and other silly little games.

Saw a man in a wedding dress which was funny.

Neigbours inviting each other around to BQ's, people who probably have never spoken to each other.

There seems a lot of good coming out of this wedding on the level of the common people.

Everyone is happy, even the local drunks in the cemetary.

And it was a fine sunny warm day.

All is well with the world.

Edited by mabon2010 (04/29/11 03:21 PM)

#53697 - 04/30/11 07:19 AM Re: Of Prince William getting married [Re: mabon2010]
Crystal9Maat Offline
stranger

Loc: South Carolina, USA
 Originally Posted By: mabon2010
Britain will go wild this Friday, since it is the big day when Prince William gets married. Britain has not had a knees up so I am told for a big Royal occasion for 30 years.

Some of my neighbours have their buntings and flags out. The British Prime Minister David Cameron has told the British public to ignore the Councils with their obsession for health and safety, permits and insurance requirements to go ahead and have street parties. A road next to mine has street permits nailed to trees all the way up it allowing a huge street party from 11am to 11pm.

It is estimated that 2 billion people will watch the big occasion. For the British after months of bad news of war, political corruption, cuts and tax rises this royal wedding comes as a welcome relief to forget it all and party.

Everyone likes Prince William, who is the only British royal apart from the Queen who has not disgraced himself in some manner. Even I feel a slight bit of nationalistic pride for this occasion.

I watched my news feed all morning, seeing the speculation over someone's life and "their big day". It was quite disappointing in my opinion. Realizing also that cyber hackers already had viruses and worms set up for those who would snoop to see what the Princess's dress looked like was laughable, to say the least. How un-aware some are when they assume the position of "gawker". It allows time for all sort of diversion tactics and other trickery to generate. While the onlookers are hypnotized, the real work is being orchestrated behind the scenes, and the sheep are none the wiser.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.