Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#53847 - 05/02/11 12:11 AM </OSAMA>
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Bin Laden killed in strike, USA says

Our priests have finally flung the goat of Azazel from atop the cliff, and watched- in solemn reverence- his mangled body break upon the jagged rocks below. Parade in jubilation back to the village to feast and sing hymns to God, for our holy nation is cleansed of sin!

Edited by The Zebu (05/02/11 12:11 AM)

#53849 - 05/02/11 12:29 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think people will be disappointed if they think the problem has been solved now. I foresee big headlines in the near future.

D.

#53850 - 05/02/11 12:48 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Diavolo]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

There are already all sorts of people who are prematurely celebrating is if this one death will make any difference. Osama will be quickly replaced and the games will continue. I also wouldn't expect to see an end to combat operations in the Middle East either.

There will never be an end to terrorism without there first being an end to all human life. You can not fight a war on terrorism any more than you can fight a war on colors.

#53852 - 05/02/11 03:23 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: The Zebu]
Harvey Offline
stranger

It could be that I'm paranoid or overly cynical, but the timing of this is quite fortuitous for Obama - suspiciously so. What better way to boost his approval than to succeed where Bush failed, and to put that fantastic media goblin in the grave.

Can everyone sleep soundly knowing that we have been delivered from EVIL by our kindly overlords, whose overwhelming might, intelligence and resources only took a decade or so to locate and subdue that BAD man? I thought so.

#53854 - 05/02/11 05:58 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Harvey]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
The man was in very poor health for years leading up to the September 11 attacks; he was likely killed or died soon after. Our government's just used him as a bogeyman, a reason to impinge further on our personal freedoms.

Coincidence is a rare occurrence in politics (especially big-time, American politics). It seems to me, this recent "discovery" is really just the start of a media blitz related to Obama's re-election campaign.

What's particularly alarming, at least to my mind, is that if we got rid of such an effective bogeyman...who's going to be the next one? Kristol's neo-conservatism (essentially embraced by both parties), influenced by Orwell, embraces the notion of perpetual war: I wonder who the next villain will be?

#53855 - 05/02/11 06:01 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Harvey]
Evin Offline
stranger

Quote:
than to succeed where Bush failed

Chimp just didn't care about OBL.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Even the FBI doesn't mention 9/11

Edited by Evin (05/02/11 06:22 AM)
Edit Reason: add

#53856 - 05/02/11 07:07 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Evin]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
http://w-o-e.blogspot.com/2008/01/bbc-censors-bhuttos-bin-laden-murder.html

Normally, I'm not much for blogs; but the video and musings to be found here are pretty fascinating.

I tend to trust online sources more than major media outlets, but of course, take everything with a air of disbelief.

#53858 - 05/02/11 07:35 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Shea]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
A Live Leak video consisting of a single picture of a supposedly dead bin Laden:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e0_1304318784

The light grey streaks in the beard seem to match up with those seen in pictures of him while stll alive, as does the nose and lips. Hard to tell with the rest of the head, as it's in a sad state

Or it could just be the work of a very talented photoshopper.

Also, I find it rather amusing that our military supposedly gave these pieces of shit burials which were in keeping with Muslim traditions. Hence the burial at sea (uh huh).

#53859 - 05/02/11 08:32 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Nemesis]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
GREETINGS!

Apparently the news is saying Osama Bin Laden has been killed in a camp in Pakistan. For some of the family who lost loved ones in the 9-11 attack this brings closure, others celebrate because their dumb rednecks. Please be advised... This does NOT mean the "war on terror" is over.

This simply means we dont know WHO will be running the show from now on. Don't think for one minute the passing of one leader means they will back down and go away, some fool will step up and try and hurt more people. There might be a retaliation, and there might not be. DO NOT BE SURPRISED either way. Expect something to come from this, that is all these people know.

#53860 - 05/02/11 09:32 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
General thoughts and reply:

I believe that he is dead.
Iím very happy that he is dead.
I donít care if he was shot in the head, the back, or even if he just dropped dead of natural causes.
I donít think that his death will make even a dent in terrorism.
The opinion of those who think that itís in bad taste to openly celebrate his death does not matter to me one bit.

#53861 - 05/02/11 09:39 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Nemesis]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I dunno, his beard looks too dark. Maybe they have 5 Minute for Men coloring stuff over there in their mountain hideaways.

Anyway, he's probably dead whether it was staged right now for effect or he's been dead a while.

My first thought was to wonder who's next in line to be the Devil.

#53865 - 05/02/11 10:12 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fnord]
Autodidact Offline

It is at least a symbolic victory for the US - ObL was held up as "the big bad guy" and now "we got him". At minimum this will give a morale boost to US civilians and military, and be some level of morale blow to ObL's friends and allies.

Beyond the tribe vs. tribe bit, I agree it's unlikely to have much of an operational effect on (whatever's being called) terrorism.

Fnord, I'm guessing Gaddafi will be put in that spot initially. He's not really all that, tho, more like a Devil-Lite.

#53866 - 05/02/11 10:16 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Autodidact]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Exactly who I was thinking of, coincidentally \:\) He seems to be being groomed for the seat.

By the by, if anyone still bothers with Facebook, the calls for one nation under god are deafening this morning.

People are so easily led.

#53867 - 05/02/11 10:18 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fnord]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
One nation under god? Hmmm, perhaps they mean Allah?

#53868 - 05/02/11 10:25 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fnord]
Evin Offline
stranger

Quote:
I dunno, his beard looks too dark. Maybe they have 5 Minute for Men coloring stuff over there in their mountain hideaways.

Here's a pic of before and after.

Look at the mouth.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/Osama-Bin-Laden-comp.jpg

Shopped, in my opinion.

Even the beard is the same.

Edited by Evin (05/02/11 10:27 AM)

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.