Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#53869 - 05/02/11 10:35 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Evin]
Evin Offline
stranger

OK here is the fucking proof that this is fake.

Right here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake

#53872 - 05/02/11 11:05 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Evin]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

Glad the fucker's dead. Probably doesn't mean much for overall long-term war on terrorism, but it sends a powerful message that the US will spend in excess of one trillion dollars, ten years and one million lives to get you should you feel like participating in terrorism. Persistent, much?

Al Quaeda can't compare to that kind of terror. Not with all the suicide bombers in the world. Above all, this has become a war of symbols. Osama is that twelve-pointed set of antlers over your mantelpiece. Were I American, I would celebrate the death of a grade-A scumbag today. Fuck it, I've long felt like an American; I'll celebrate anyway. Cheers!

#53873 - 05/02/11 11:18 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
I really don't care. If they really did just kill him or if it is a publicity stunt, it makes for good propaganda and a reason to take resources out of Afghanistan and to use them elsewhere. If it was a publicity stunt and he has been dead for quite some time, it is a very good move to wait until now to release it. If it isn't and they really did just kill him, I never liked the fucker anyway and it is great timing for Obama.

#53874 - 05/02/11 11:26 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Skaff, I hereby confer upon you the title of honorary, and better than most, American. \:\)

This thing is getting curiouser and curiouser.

I stumbled across an article in remembrance of the date that Hitler was announced dead (May 1). May Day, perhaps time for new beginnings?

Anyway, I've now read two articles that have disappeared about Osama being executed after the firefight... not during. This doesn't jibe well with the video ABC just released of a blood streaked room and bed.

I'll just chalk it up to people clamoring for info and posting up mis info at this point. I am curious about the final spin now though.

#53875 - 05/02/11 11:38 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fnord]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
Great as it is to hear of the death of Osama, since his victory on 9/11 he had been reduced to no more than an internet keyboard warrior, putting out the occasional internet video or statement.

Now new leaders will emerge who will be more behind the scenes, the al qaeda network will be reorganised into a new fighting machine.

#53878 - 05/02/11 12:12 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fnord]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Fnord
Anyway, I've now read two articles that have disappeared about Osama being executed after the firefight... not during. This doesn't jibe well with the video ABC just released of a blood streaked room and bed.

I'll just chalk it up to people clamoring for info and posting up mis info at this point. I am curious about the final spin now though.

The bodyguards of Bin Laden have orders to always keep a bullet aside for him preventing he ever being captured alive. So no matter what the intention was, dead he'd be.

Many think new leaders will arise but al-Qaeda doesn't function like that. Obama was the ideological leader but didn't lead any operation since years. The organization split in independent cells doing as they please.

D.

#53879 - 05/02/11 12:13 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fnord]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
There were 4 other people killed in the operation, including a woman used as a body shield and one of Osama's sons. I'm sure we won't know whose blood stains belong to whom until after forensics has been through it and can match DNA and whatnot.

#53880 - 05/02/11 12:30 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Nemesis]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It will sure be a blow to them but the real bad-ass of al-Qaeda is still around: al-Zawahiri. I can imagine that someone who studied psychology, behaviorism and pharmacology sure reaps the benefits in this kind of work.

Sometimes a degree does pay after all.

D.

#53881 - 05/02/11 01:10 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: The Zebu]
Stag Offline
pledge

To echo Fist's comments on another thread:

"Bread and circuses"

Stag

#53883 - 05/02/11 03:28 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Nemesis]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
CNN just stated DNA was a match, which might be one reason why they waited to tell everyone.

I sense this will increase terrorist attacks, and his death will make him a martyr. Capturing him, trying him in court, then blowing his brains out would have discredited him. But I am happy he is dead regardless.

My words for today were thus:

"What do you think went through his mind before he died?"

A bullet.

#53900 - 05/02/11 09:59 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Ghostly1]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
One Muslim down, 1 billion to go...

But seriously....

After reading what others have posted, here are my two cents:

UBL has been alive and well in Pakistan for years. He lived in a large compound built on, or adjacent to, land owned by the Paki military. He lived near the Paki Military Academy (think West Point).

The Taliban is a creation of the Paki intelligence service (ISI). The ISI has long played both ends against the middle in the AFPAK region.

It is hard to believe that the ISI has not known about UBL's compound for some time. As soon as AQ broke ground on their new compound ISI operatives would have been snooping around.

It would have been impossible for the US to conduct the sort of raid it did without, at very least, the reluctant approval of Paki Army.

How will this play out in Pakistan? Will there be a popular backlash?

According the President Obama, he has met with his national security team at least 5 times over the last year to discuss this raid. Thus begging the question, "What were you waiting for?" Perhaps this would make a good prop to bolster his 2012 election run? With all of the other serious domestic problems in the US, perhaps this was a perfect time for a little Bread and Circus?

If you will remember your Orwell, every Imperial/Police State requires an 'endless war' to justify infringement on liberty and gross expenditures in times of economic hardship. I don't see the 'War on Terror' ending anytime soon.

If there is a silver lining here, we have really broken the back of AQ. Most of their top leaders have been killed or captured. In fact, most of their replacements have also been killed or captured. What AQ is working with now is their third string leadership. At the very least, the US may have just shown it's enemy (the Muslim World) that it may very well have the will to fight for a very long time at any cost - a reality that they will find as shocking as a kick in the nuts.

Act One may be coming to a close. We still have yet to cease combat operations in Iraq or Afghanistan. And we are still engaged in a shooting war in Libya. I am more interested in what happens in Act Two.

#53903 - 05/02/11 11:16 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fist]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
Southeast Asia seems to be a distinct possibility; our quest for total dominance in the Middle East seems to be going as planned, so it seems likely that we'll move outside that region.

As Orwell said, "Oceania is fighting Eurasia. Oceania has always fought Eurasia." The Kristol neo-con idea of perpetual war has been accepted by what passes as our country's supposedly two-party system. A successful operation anywhere guarantees an additional operation; an unsuccessful operation anywhere, guarantees an additional operation.

#53904 - 05/02/11 11:37 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fist]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
According to news reports the Pakis were kept "out of the loop" specifically to not allow Osama/Usama to catch wind of it through them and flee again.

They denied he was even in Pakistan for years now. And if they deny his presence despite the location I dont buy it. But even our CIA and NSA have claimed similar issues with terrorist organizations forming near their headquarters.

As for the leadership, they would be wise to stay out of the public eye if they are to survive. Personal ambition, and pride is why even Usama made the occasional video to lead the flock of goat jihads to their deaths.

&2 virgins could mean 72 male goats....virgin goats. And they fuck him. That's a train that wouldn't leave the station for a while.

#53909 - 05/03/11 11:19 AM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: Fist]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Fist
UBL has been alive and well in Pakistan for years. He lived in a large compound built on, or adjacent to, land owned by the Paki military. He lived near the Paki Military Academy (think West Point).

The Taliban is a creation of the Paki intelligence service (ISI). The ISI has long played both ends against the middle in the AFPAK region.

It is hard to believe that the ISI has not known about UBL's compound for some time. As soon as AQ broke ground on their new compound ISI operatives would have been snooping around.

I watched some video about the compound he lived in and that was my first thought; did really none there find that even slightly suspicious, a "bunker", barbed wire and armed guards, close to a populated area and a military academy? If you sell nude magazines in Pakistan, half a platoon will raid your house within two hours and beat you to death while raping your wife.

But Bin Laden lives there in a fucking fortress since five or six years and none knew.

"Wir haben es nicht gewusst."

Too fucking funny.

Pakistan is fucked quite good. The government sure didn't want to rat out Bin Laden avoiding being the next target of the Taliban but now the USA friendly thanked them in public, even when they did nothing, some sure will be sweating.

D.

#53910 - 05/03/11 12:39 PM Re: </OSAMA> [Re: The Zebu]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
No matter what actually happened in the SEAL assault, ObL has just been turned from a fading irrelevancy into a martyr. In the ongoing popular revolutions sweeping the Arabic countries, ObL's image and involvement have been conspicuous for their absence. Whether alive or dead, it would have been PSYOP-prudent not to "resurrect" him.

I was in Vietnam when Ho Chi Minh died. Some Americans rejoiced in the same way. I thought the same thing: Now he's a "supernatural, untouchable martyr". That's what happened: If anything, Ho's death galvanized North Vietnam to win the war "for his memory", and when they did they renamed Saigon for him.

I am also old enough to remember the same consequence from the killing of Che Guevara, who wasn't nearly as big a deal alive as croaked, after which the T-shirts, etc. hit the fan.

What you do with notable figures whom the USA once sponsored and later decided not to (Noriega, Saddam Hussein, bin Laden) is either arrange their undramatic fading into obscurity (Noriega) or let their own cultures or countries take action against them (Iraq, Egypt, Tunisia, pending-Libya, etc.).

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.