Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#54338 - 05/11/11 02:57 PM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Fnord]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Kim Jong Il is just a bad example. He doesn't do a good job running the country and is incredibly intrusive. It would be very difficult to come up with a contemporary example of a good dictator, but it doesn't rule out the possibility. That is why I had conditions to that statement. I think Kublai Khan did pretty well. He united all of China and almost certainly improved the quality of life for its people while increasing their relative freedom and promoting multiculturalism.

No system is perfect, and, considering how intellectually deficient I view the majority of people, I know democracy is not. If somebody was to take over the nation, then ran things with minimal intervention and did it well, what would you have to complain about? I think there's a greater chance of that happening than a democracy ever getting things right because people are just too damned stupid on average.

#54401 - 05/13/11 03:12 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Lucifer Rising]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: Lucifer Rising
because people are just too damned stupid on average.

I may have taken your quote out of context but those are the words I agree with.

Even here on a forum of those who like to think they are critical thinkers, the elite, those above the plebs and what is that word oh yeah mundanes yet you still talk like RP might ever have a chance of winning "the electoral college vote". You talk like your vote means anything beyond counting to let your states electoral votes count. Like these presidential debates are anything but mental masturbation.

Come on people they taught me this in the fourth fucking grade.

An example: You tell me you want a butterfly tattoo I show you three and say choose one. I still control your choice by showing you three to choose from. I'm not showing you anything I think is ugly or anything I wouldn't want to do. Get it yet?

Now what if you got to pick one yet the electoral chose another so that was what you get, what then?

Why do I see while I am forced to walk amongst so many who are blind?

~T~

#54402 - 05/13/11 03:27 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

It's not that they are blind, they are just hard-wired in thinking to be free in their birdcage.

#54415 - 05/14/11 02:33 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Dimitri]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
 Quote:

It's not that they are blind, they are just hard-wired in thinking to be free in their birdcage.

I cannot see any difference.

General reply;

To think I still hoped someone could out think the logic I provided and show me where I was wrong. Without that I fear any talk of who is running and/or who is voting is simply an exercise in futility. Nothing more than trying to convince yourselves of the self inflated value of your own opinions.

~T~

#54424 - 05/14/11 08:00 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: ta2zz]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It isn't a big secret you point at ta2zz. In voting choice doesn't imply you can choose something as much as you can choose from something.

“Here is the list of all candidates and you may vote for the one you like.”

In the end you are deluded in believing you have some influence at the game while they defined the rules along which you are forced to play. In that, no matter what the outcome will be, it will always be within their expectations.

It's a lottery where when your ticket wins, the money goes to someone else. But you are convinced you won. Pretty clever huh?

D.

#54425 - 05/14/11 10:19 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Diavolo]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
I've explained that politics are like sports for me, at least once or twice on here. Of course, I'm not heavily invested in it; but it's a stimulating game, and the more people who play, the more stimulating it is.

Some people have argued against the existence of free will entirely based upon your argument ta2zz; which I'm sure is like a sport to them.

Regardless, for anyone in general who thinks an exercise of their volition in any certain direction is useless: feel free not to act. If you think politics are a sham, but feel better for criticizing people who play politics as a game--by all means, play your own game.

Cynicism and apathy must be fun, because so many people love to play it; the elite included.

#54431 - 05/14/11 11:47 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Shea]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Politics is fun, I myself enjoy each election period immensely, even when, as a voter, you don't really pick the cards but only help to shuffle them. Of course our electoral system is somewhat different and if the cards are shuffled badly, things become complicated, as evidenced in our almost year long political impasse.

But major changes seldom are caused by politics. Mostly politics is the art of maintaining the status quo and no matter what promises are made, in the end, only the trivialities change.

D.

#54438 - 05/14/11 02:51 PM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Diavolo]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
I certainly am not deluding myself into thinking my opinions are going to make a difference, except perhaps to those that listen to them. The reason I said I wouldn't mind a dictatorship if it was non-intrusive and properly managed is because I can't really tell the difference between political systems. To me the differences are trivial, since no matter what system you use or endorse there is always only a handful of people that actually run the show. So when I talk about politics, I focus on how those people are doing and what potential entrants into these groups could do. Like Shea, politics is more like watching a sporting event for me, except I actually find politics interesting. I like watching the power struggle.

When a political system fails, it has far less to do with the particular system of government than it does with the actions of its leaders. Governments that fail usually are those that forget one important thing; the mob is Rome. If you don't want a revolt on your hands, you have to appease the people. If you can do that, you can get away with just about anything. All you have to do is not run it into the ground.

#54558 - 05/16/11 06:12 PM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: Diavolo]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
It isn't a big secret you point at ta2zz. In voting choice doesn't imply you can choose something as much as you can choose from something.

“Here is the list of all candidates and you may vote for the one you like.”

In the end you are deluded in believing you have some influence at the game while they defined the rules along which you are forced to play. In that, no matter what the outcome will be, it will always be within their expectations.

It's a lottery where when your ticket wins, the money goes to someone else. But you are convinced you won. Pretty clever huh?

D.

A secret not at all unless it is hidden in plain sight.

I see the deceit for what it is, a choice that is still nothing but a control.

I know at times I cannot fathom why I understood this in 4th grade while so many even here as adults still think their vote makes a change. They watch the debates like it were something other than a distraction to the cage we are in. Like winning a debate or having a better idea can sway the election.

There is no stirring the pot with our vote the electors elect the president in America point blank simple enough a 4th grader could understand it.

I have been here long enough to know if my opinion was incorrect it would be pointed out to me quickly. I tire of the so called elite here being as blind as any other. I tire of typical human stupidity.

Blind or wearing blinders cannot be Satanist as Satanist cannot be blind or self blinded. IMHO That's all.

Be aware!

~T~

#54600 - 05/17/11 09:26 AM Re: Ron Paul 2012 Money Bomb [Re: ta2zz]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
In any given situation, a person can completely specify all of your possible options; in absolutely any situation. Whether it be posting on a forum about a subject that you claim to have incontrovertible wisdom about, or hauling your garbage out to the dumpster. The very nature of existence has presented you with a limited amount of options in any given situation, and you cannot step outside of those options.

Do you approach the rest of your life with the same world weary apathy that you do politics? Following your logic to its apex, it should certainly apply to any other situation in which your influence is minimal: say, if you were diagnosed with terminal cancer. In such a case, you and your doctor could minimally interfere with the cancer's progress but ultimately you would die. Surrendering, or lecturing your doctor about the futility of the situation, doesn't seem all too Satanic to me, honestly.

Life is by far more entertaining if you play it while adopting a little honest duplicity. Knowing that your influence in the political process is ultimately negligible, the game is much more fun to play if there are other people involved--it becomes not so much an exercise in electing Grand Poobah Manager of the United States, but an exercise in group dynamics and REAL politics (manipulating people).

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.