Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5402 - 03/12/08 05:04 PM Music
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
So the new Nine Inch Nails cd just came out and it sounds wicked. I have been a fan of thiers since the late '80s. And twenty years later they still blow my mind. What is everyones take on the band?

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#5405 - 03/12/08 06:25 PM Re: Music [Re: Pan420]
TheMask Offline

It actually sounds good? Im wearing a NIN shirt right now. I love their first album, Pretty Hate Machine. I havent listened to the other albums much except for some songs on With_Teeth and they are really good. I think i may have to check out their latest.

Speaking of NIN, Manson and Reznor had some kind of beef that i could never really understand much. Does anybody know what it was about? Ive read Mansons autobiography but i still dont remember much.

#5418 - 03/12/08 07:51 PM Re: Music [Re: TheMask]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I did like NiN for a while, but I went off of them quite suddenly. I couldn't listen to them anymore after a particular incident.

The only reason why i got into them is cuz one of my closest friends is a big fan of them.

I prefer Fear Factory personally...

#5447 - 03/12/08 10:41 PM Re: Music [Re: DistroyA]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
Well Manson and Rezner were lover and Manson Broke up with Rezner. Thats why Manson came out with the beautiful people and Rezner came out with Star Fuckers inc. Very interesting.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#5455 - 03/12/08 11:26 PM Re: Music [Re: Pan420]
TheMask Offline

Are you serious? Where did you find out about this? I have never heard that before, that they were lovers.
#5478 - 03/13/08 02:01 AM Re: Music [Re: Pan420]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Pan420
Well Manson and Rezner were lover and Manson Broke up with Rezner. Thats why Manson came out with the beautiful people and Rezner came out with Star Fuckers inc. Very interesting.
Whose Rezner? I like gay boys, they make the best music, and they got the best rhythm. I love AFI... their older stuff. Queen - they're untouchable! Michael Jacksons old school stuff, that was great.

~~352~~

#5479 - 03/13/08 02:05 AM Re: Music [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails fame (I assume you know who Nine Inch Nails are).

He's a very talented musician, but his music is not really my thing. Although I still have a slight infatuation for the song Head Like A Hole though.

#5624 - 03/14/08 01:23 PM Re: Music [Re: DistroyA]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Nine Inch Nails still exist? I thought the group split up. Eh, glad to see they didn't. I'm not sure about the album though, I might go down to Sanity tomorrow and see if I can find it.

#5625 - 03/14/08 01:25 PM Re: Music [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
DaVinci Offline

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
Queen - they're untouchable!

Freddie Mercury was a magnificent composer, musician and general speaker. My idol is and, always will be, Brian May from Queen. He was my inspiration for picking up my guitar and learning how to play. Now I can play every Queen song (that I can find and locate!) \:\)

#5629 - 03/14/08 01:33 PM Re: Music [Re: DaVinci]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: DaVinci

Freddie Mercury was a magnificent composer, musician and general speaker. My idol is and, always will be, Brian May from Queen. He was my inspiration for picking up my guitar and learning how to play. Now I can play every Queen song (that I can find and locate!) \:\)

I heard Freddie (the lead singer?) was so dedicated to his art that he never fixed his crooked teeth because he didn't want it to affect the way he sang and sounded! Queen is classic; it doesn't matter what kinda music one listens to, if you have any taste, Queen is always in the list!

Do you play the guitar? Every song huh, i can barely sing along myself \:\) Are you in a band?

"Big bottom girls you make the world go round..."

~~352~~

#5631 - 03/14/08 01:41 PM Re: Music [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
DaVinci Offline

Originally Posted By: DaVinci

I heard Freddie (the lead singer?) was so dedicated to his art that he never fixed his crooked teeth because he didn't want it to affect the way he sang and sounded! Queen is classic; it doesn't matter what kinda music one listens to, if you have any taste, Queen is always in the list!

Do you play the guitar? Every song huh, i can barely sing along myself \:\) Are you in a band?

"Big bottom girls you make the world go round..."

I think that is a fact. I heard something about him never doing anything about his over-bite because he thought something could either a) go wrong during the operation and portentially damage his voicebox or, b) he would lose the trademark (such as Brian's hair). And yes, Freddie was the lead singer.

Freddie Mercury: Lead Vocalist/Composer
Brian May: Guitars/Back-Up Vocals
John Deacon: Bass/Back-Up Vocals
Roger Taylor: Drums/Back-Up Vocals

Me? A band? Nah, never had the time. Still don't for that fact. Besides, I wouldn't like to limit myself to one style of music -- I like most Genres and enjoy playing them all.

Sing along? I've yet to hear any individual with the ability to sing such as Freddie did. It's impossible.

"We are the champions, my friend.."

Edited by DaVinci (03/14/08 01:42 PM)

#5675 - 03/14/08 09:10 PM Re: Music [Re: DaVinci]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
Big bottom girls you make the world go round..."

No wonder you can hardly sing along, you're singing the wrong words.

try, 'Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round, yeah, fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go roung.

You might find it fits better. LOL

Z

#5676 - 03/14/08 09:13 PM Re: Music [Re: DistroyA]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: DistroyA
Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails fame (I assume you know who Nine Inch Nails are).

He's a very talented musician, but his music is not really my thing. Although I still have a slight infatuation for the song Head Like A Hole though.

No way Manson and Trent were messing with each other?
I hung out with Stanton once at his pad in LA and he was showing us around right. He had this shoe box where he keeps his special trinkets and he was showing us that that ring with the big stone that his gramps wore (its on his finger in one of anton's famous photos) but i noticed there were credit cards in the shoebox. I picked one up and it was Warners; the letters were encrushted with *white powder*. He was telling me stories about Mason, like how he's so effed up on drugs that his manager won't allow him access to his own money and stuff. Stanton owns these two terriers (you know the spuds mackenzie dogs) and they look just like him. People are gunna attack me for not having proof; which i don't. Just sharing.

~~352~~

#5677 - 03/14/08 09:15 PM Re: Music [Re: ZephyrGirl]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
 Quote:
Big bottom girls you make the world go round..."

No wonder you can hardly sing along, you're singing the wrong words.

try, 'Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round, yeah, fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go roung.

You might find it fits better. LOL

Z
LOL! oh shit Zeph. I feel like a dork. How come nobody pointed that out earlier \:D Thats not how i remember it.

~~352~~

#6373 - 03/25/08 06:46 PM Re: Music [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Haha Kayla is going to hate me. xD I USED to like all that old school stuff. But for the past few years, it's been pretty much Norweigen Black Metal. I mean I like most metal but, I prefer Black Metal. Anyone listen to stuff like: Tvangest, Illnath, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Satyricon? Anyway as to the Nine Inch Nails question, I thought they were kinda good when I was like 12 and listened to this one song. but then I listened to more and realized I didnt actually like them. AFI is pretty good but I got bored of there music eventually.

Kayla if you like AFI look up Blaqk Audio. It's a fairly recent project started by Jade and Davey. Check it out and let me know what you think. I think you'll like it. ^^.

Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.