Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
@The Zebu

http://www.myspace.com/666homepage

#10628 - 08/12/08 09:23 AM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
 Originally Posted By: The Zebu
@moe- Awesome music.

That said, I would like to hear Satanic music that sounds DIFFERENT. I love metal, but why does it seem like every single openly "satanic" band seem to have the same general musical formula? The "deep growling and distorted guitars searing on a bed of blastbeats" sound gets boring after a while.

First I'll thank you.
Then to the point. To put it short and simple, because of the possible target audience. Most openly "satanic" people are from metal genre. Rarely people associate ambient or any other alternative with Satanism, and although some would like computed music, they don't even know where to look.
My other band isn't so strictly metal as to be put in any genre, but it's satanic. We have used a bit Faith No More kind of stuff, we use a lot of computers in the background, though we're not an industrial band nor do we sound like one. We have some songs on myspace, though not the ones with most computers or alternative shit. But here it is anyway:

http://www.myspace.com/manufacturerspride

We're recording our new album at the moment, and it's going to be a bit more alternative I guess. I'll let you know when we have new stuff on myspace...

#10664 - 08/14/08 12:09 PM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
First of all VargVid, although some may dissagree with me, most people find PigVocals [Not Pig Voice idiot.. Again showing your naive side..] distasteful and annoying..

Quote:
"Then do something speciall with it. Like my band, we added some grind,some slam with groove, also a pigvoice that nobody can understand."

Personally, Pig Vocals that nobody understands, would be a pointless, piece of shit, waste of space to add.. Explain to me what the fuck I would want to listen to something I can't understand for? Throughout history, the majority remember the lyrics that were said. The meaning.. When I write my lyrics, play out my vocals, I make sure it sounds profound. If someone is going to listen to me.. I better make damn well sure it's worth listening to..

Quote:
Go away from the mainstream crap and take inspiration from the underground bands rader from the mainstream band.

There's a reason why most mainstream stuff is mainstream.. And UG stuff, stays UG. the reason that Ug usually sounds like shit, or have no clue what they're doing.. obviously if you're still playing in local clubs, 4-6 years later, same music, same sound and your not heard of or signed, there's a problem.

And to go along with the subject of incomprehensible vocals, no actual lyrics behind it; this would all be the reason why I also, hate most Death Metal. Same ridiculous growls.. Same bass riffs, all sounding the same.

-The Zebu- If you think all Black Metal sounds the same, either you have heard of a small variety, or you are just not listening.. If you truly love Black Metal, you feel the music. You could easily pick out the differences..

~Snow~.

#10698 - 08/16/08 12:11 AM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Actually, I am a HUGE black metal fan. I've heard a wide range of it over the years, and there are certainly some very diverse and interesting bands out there.

You implied that mainstream music is better than underground music. I wholeheartedly disagree. Now I'm not one to hate a band for "selling out", or complaining that a BM act are no longer "kvlt" once they stop recording their albums on handheld tape recorders in the basement. I like a few "popular" bands as well.

My basic problem is not being in a certain style per se. It's the blandness and lack of ingenuity that plagues the "extreme metal mainstream". Mainstream music always starts out fresh once it comes out from the underground, but then grows stagnant over time. Overall, they're using a set "palette" of sonic elements that the masses find appealing. Eventually everything will start sounding the same if they keep using the same ones over and over again. And it is.

Some bands evolve and change their sound, while others keep on doing the same thing over and over again. Eventually some band might stumble on a new sound that the mainstream likes, and so that "underground" sound becomes the new mainstream. That's how popular music works. Even with metal.

At the current moment, most of the mainstream is hackneyed, indistinguishable garbage.

Which is why I like the underground more. It's different. And there's variety. And there are plenty of them who have an awesome sound but never go mainstream because it's not what the populus wants at the moment.

Oh and their live shows are cheap and usually in small close-up clubs where you can actually see what's going on, as opposed to being in a massive flesh-fest of beer and sweat, and too blinded by the flashing lights to actually see the tiny specks on the horizon you think might be the band playing.

The whims of the masses don't determine what is "good music" for me. I don't care how many people like Miley Cyrus, I still won't listen to her terrible commercial shit. Lustmord and yelworC please.

Whatever strikes your fancy, go right ahead. I just tend to get rant-y on these topics anyways.

Edited by The Zebu (08/16/08 12:13 AM)

#10711 - 08/16/08 04:21 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
I personally do not like AFI or nine inch nails but my girlfriend likes them so i'll listen to them with her.must please the woman. As to true norweigen black metal, it is awesome!!! i am actually wearing my TNBM patches as i type.

#10948 - 08/23/08 03:23 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

Catalepsy's like the best Death Metal band I've ever heard,check it out.
#10951 - 08/23/08 04:57 PM Re: Music [Re: napalm]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
hey man, i totally know of Catalepsy! they rock.

#10959 - 08/23/08 09:34 PM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

As far as Black Metal's concerened i personally like Naglfar Dark Funeral,Enslaved,and Dimmu Borgir.I would like some other ones but not all Black metal bands know how to produce a CD that sounds good production wise.
#10960 - 08/23/08 09:41 PM Re: Music [Re: harrison]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

Bloodbath,Decapitated,and Neuraxis it gives me the drive to wake up early strap on the sheath and go to work.Really + tihs.
#10961 - 08/23/08 09:47 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

Im just glad true Death Metal has reached a point were they don't feel the need to do the same hihg picked solo as everyone else to sell CD's.
#11047 - 08/27/08 05:34 AM Re: Music [Re: napalm]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

I just found a um its in between death metal and black,Rotting Christ.
#11094 - 08/28/08 10:37 PM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Personally, I don't find too many of the more well known Black Metal bands too all sound the same. What I find particularly interesting about Black Metal is the fact that each band, tends to bring it's own sound in a new way. But yes,there are some bands that let themselves get too influenced by others.

Now with the whole, watch the dots on the horizon metaphor - I don't think that necessarily true. I saw Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir, two bands that are considered extremely well known and mainstream. I was close enough that when Shagrath took a drink of water, and spit it into the air. I felt the mist coming down on me. This was at the Metropolis in Montreal, in April.

I guess it just all depends, some are good and unique, some sound like too many other bands.

As to the last few posts, considering that the majority is worthless, double-posting, and has to do with mostly Death Metal, I don't find the point in replying..

Good night,
~Snow~.

#11312 - 09/09/08 01:31 PM Re: Music [Re: Vargvid]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
 Originally Posted By: Vargvid

LOL, I used to listen to it when I was about 12 years old... I put this to sleep xD

It's been a long time since I last heard it... like all the techno artists from that period, in fact (Straddi.virus and everything)... Does 666 still make music ? New albums or whatever ? I've seen songs on the MySpace I don't know but I'm not sure they're recent.

I have to confess I didn't read the whole thread - did anyone already mention Muse ? Their last album's not great (stuff like "Starlight" or "Supermassive Black Hole"'s not really interesting), but I consider them like one of the best rock bands I ever heard. Their 2nd album ("Origin of Symmetry") is the #1 album to me.

I love System Of A Down too (what a pain they probably split up, Serj Tankian alone and Scars On Broadway are cool, but SOAD together is far better (at least 3 firsts albums)), and have started listening closely to Deftones, 'cause it's one of the favourite bands of my bandmates, and I like it too. Their ambiances are great...

I also see lots of Death/Black metal listeners around here... I like some of these bands too. Gorgoroth is nice (I have the "Antichrist" album and love it), Marduk, Mayhem and Immortal have some nice songs too. And such music is a good training to become tough when playing guitar xD

#11337 - 09/10/08 05:00 AM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Peter Gilmore and Anton LaVey both recommend some very interesting selections of classical music. For my own listening pleasure, I prefer softer, more organic sounds. Overly processed drum machine music irritates me. Many artists in the studio today use a click track to keep the beat steady throughout the piece. I find this lack of variation in time to be stifling. Homogenized music just doesn't get my synapses going.
#11408 - 09/11/08 07:24 PM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
If you want to hear NEW music thats you CAN understand the lyrics from a satanic standpoint check out my band. We are signed to tvr / koch worldwide . On another note, our c.d. release show is hosted by Szandora LaVey. i think you guys get the drift.

Check out the link let me know what you think. We are serious metal bridging the gap between blackmetal,hardcore,deathmetal and melody. You can also understand my vocals as well and they AREN'T lame fantasy crap either.

http://www.myspace.com/manmademan

Edited by SevenDeadlySins (09/11/08 07:25 PM)

Page 10 of 15 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.