Page 11 of 15 « First<910111213>Last »
Topic Options
#11424 - 09/12/08 10:03 AM Re: Music [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Take no offense, but more, look at the criticism - As a vocalist I can say two things.

A: I understand almost any vocalist, and I can barely understand yours..
B: The combination of death metal, pig vocals, and a dash of thrash thrown in, makes for an interesting vocal style, but you need more practice. You're not good enough to be leading others to the site and 'whoring' yourself. It sounds somewhat.. Poorly done. What mic, and what [if any] pedals/voice altering methods are you using?

Another thing, whomever did the highs for the overlaps in The Brutal Truth, should probably do more of them. They weren't bad, although they may sound off-ish if used alone. Your cleans weren't bad at all. Couple off/flat notes, but better than decent.

#11435 - 09/12/08 08:45 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Speaking of whoreage, you might be interested in checking out my band, Ferrum Dei.

http://www.myspace.com/ferrumdei
newest album: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGK2WA6L

For lack of a proper genre, it is Industrial- mixed elements of hard rock, ebm, black metal, dark ambient, and electronic dance.

I do vocals as well but I can't say for myself whether or not they're intelligible. Mostly raw growly stuff.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#11468 - 09/15/08 08:20 AM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Sounded nice, I started downloading your album. I'll give you proper feedback once I've had a chance to listen to it thoroughly.
#11498 - 09/16/08 05:30 AM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

I listened to your album yesterday evening and have to say I truly liked it. I've listened to some bands of the same genre and your music was a lot better than most. Most have just a couple of songs that hits the nerve, so to speak, but on your new album I liked pretty much every song. Good job!
It's a shame they don't have them available in stores, as I'd love to own that also in CD format.
Do you have your previous albums for download too?

#11546 - 09/17/08 06:18 PM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
It's poorly done? We recorded in a multi million dollar recording studio . As for me not being good enough I'll take your opinion for what it's worth. I dont expect everyone to like my vocals but we ARE signed and I HAVE done tour support with with my band on MANY high profile tours already. So I will take YOUR vocal critique based on what you listen to. I can't say I like any of the vocalist's you enjoy. So maybe it's a stylistic disagreement.

I recorded on a 15000 dollar neuman mic for vocals btw.

#11547 - 09/17/08 06:20 PM Re: Music [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
Btw I'd like to see your recorded songs ..... lol

#11555 - 09/18/08 12:08 AM Re: Music [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I doesn't matter if you record it in a top-notch studio... all the mastering in the world aren't going to make pig vocals sound better. Although, if that's your thing and you think it sounds good, go right ahead. I'm neutral towards the whole thing.

On the other hand, there are some excellent bands with shitty production.

#11580 - 09/18/08 08:32 PM Re: Music [Re: The Zebu]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
That's quite true, Zebu. As for pig vocals, each to their own. I prefer my death metal vocals to actually sound like words rather than noise. Mind you, Decapitated started off with vocals that were half unintelligible and half you could make out some words, but I put that down to the volume of the vocals being too low on their debut. Thankfully, they improved on the second and third album in that respect.

Oh yeah, your album doesn't sound too bad Zebu. I haven't listened fully to it, but it seemed alright from what I heard. I'll probably get round to listening to it properly after I've gone through the current phase, of which is Andy McKee; possibly the best acoustic guitarist out there.

#11687 - 09/21/08 09:17 AM Re: Music [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Are you speaking to me? If you are, you should perhaps use the 'reply to' button..

~Snow~.

#11795 - 09/24/08 08:54 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
DistroyA Offline

@MaggotFaceMoe: I've just listened to a couple of songs of your band's (Well snippets, and I'm listening to one at the moment...), and the guitar work sounds pretty catchy. "The Weak" sounds alright, and like I've said before about the guitar playing, very catchy. Wasn't keen on the vocals on this track though, although they're growing on me. However, it was "Faith Sufferer" that really got my attention. A wonderful mix of different vocal styles (Some of the screaming vocals reminded me of Ill Niño in places, of which is a good thing for me...).

If I find your band's album anywhere, I'm getting it.

#11806 - 09/25/08 05:27 AM Re: Music [Re: DistroyA]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Thanks mate! Nice to get good feedback. The songs on our myspace could be said to be a bit outdated. We started doing that album about two years ago and have developed a somewhat different sound since. We still play some of those songs, but our new material does sound a bit different and maybe has more depth to it. We'll be posting some new shit soon, though I'd say the songs that were chosen aren't actually the ones that best represent us, but perhaps the easiest for the listener, which was the record labels choice I guess. I can't be blamed, I just work in the band ;\)

http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/manufacturer_s_pride/faustian_evangelion/

Not meant as an advertisement, just thought I'd let you know where to get them ;\)

#11819 - 09/25/08 05:03 PM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
DistroyA Offline

Well, if I find it in Nottingham, whenever I make a trip down there again, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'll get it off eBay or something.

Speaking of the songs that were posted on there, some of them wouldn't load up for some bizarre reason. Oh well, I got a couple of decent songs to listen to.

If you tour over in the UK, let me know. ;\)

On the topic of music in general, I got Art of Motion by Andy McKee in the post today. The whole album is pretty damned awesome. If anybody on here likes acoustic guitar music, check him out on Youtube. His style of playing can be very unorthodox, especially on the song Drifting.

#11849 - 09/25/08 08:43 PM Re: Music [Re: DistroyA]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I recently discovered Rev D-Ray and the Shockers. Punkabilly, Hellbilly, Psychobilly, whatever the kids are calling it these days. They have some great tongue in cheek lyrics. Put on a great show. Do a cover of Danzig's "Mother", only rockabillyified. If you're looking for fun music or something a little off the beaten path, give them a listen. I would put a link in, but I left the cd in the truck and I don't feel like doing the google work for you.

#11889 - 09/26/08 09:24 PM Re: Music [Re: fakepropht]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I'll give it a listen, I'm a bit partial to rocka billy, punkabilly, country and stuff.

Actually there is a blues song that I'm trying to find, don't know who sings it, or its name, but the chorus is something along the lines of

Nobody can love you like the devil can.

Real slow and sexy. Anyone happen to know it?

Zeph

#11902 - 09/27/08 08:39 AM Re: Music [Re: Pan420]
Vincent 13 Offline
lurker

Loc: South Africa
The new Nine Inch Nails is in my opinion the best album of the year. I have been a fan since I was 13. There will never be another music genius like Trent Reznor
Page 11 of 15 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.