Page 6 of 15 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#7319 - 04/06/08 03:45 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: PigFeeder
Haha Kayla is going to hate me. xD I USED to like all that old school stuff. But for the past few years, it's been pretty much Norweigen Black Metal. I mean I like most metal but, I prefer Black Metal. Anyone listen to stuff like: Tvangest, Illnath, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone, Satyricon? Anyway as to the Nine Inch Nails question, I thought they were kinda good when I was like 12 and listened to this one song. but then I listened to more and realized I didnt actually like them. AFI is pretty good but I got bored of there music eventually.

Kayla if you like AFI look up Blaqk Audio. It's a fairly recent project started by Jade and Davey. Check it out and let me know what you think. I think you'll like it. ^^.

Black metal. I tried getting into it, but it never was my cup of tea. This was also back in the day when I thought Cradle of Filth was Black metal. The only black metal song I like is "Architecture of a Genocidal Nature" by Dimmu Borgir. Other than that, the only black metal tinged band I'm into is God Dethroned. I'm more of a death metal kid than anything. ;\)

#7326 - 04/06/08 04:22 PM Re: Music [Re: DistroyA]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
The new radiohead is very creative.
#7767 - 04/15/08 08:30 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
mz.amazing_93 Offline
lurker

I love Marilyn Manson. He is one of the most talented and passionate artists ever. My favorite album would have to be The Golden Age Of Grotesque and Antichrist Superstar is a close second. He's also incredibly smart. I would definitely recommend his autobiography the long hard road out of hell. I don't care about what people say about him or what he does. If you stand up for what you believe in, even if their are consequences. You automatically have my respect, and look what happened. He may have had a rough start but look at him now! The bottom line is he is amazing and he always will be. Are there any other Manson lovers out there?
#7774 - 04/15/08 10:34 PM Re: Music [Re: mz.amazing_93]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
I think he's an okay guy and all. I don't have any negative opinion on him whatsoever. His music does have meaning, although sometimes difficult to decipher. I used to like him when I was younger but that may have been just because he was the only musician I knew that was differtent from the stuff I REALLY didn't like. I looked into music more and now he's more of a passed fad to me. He's talented, but the only time I listen to him is when my friends and I all party it up and feel like relaxing and spacing out.

#7782 - 04/15/08 11:51 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I don't know... Manson VS. Kathy Lee? I'd pick Kathy Lee, even thoe I hate her guts; because her music video was hella funny! Manson's sounds like he stole a few things from Pantera.

~~352~~

#7784 - 04/16/08 12:01 AM Re: Music [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

I never really got the impression he stole anything from Pantera. And holy Hell I hate Pantera. I hate most Thrash Metal as is, but old thrash metal blows.

Anyway I'm not a big fan of his either way, I have my own idols that I respect for better reasons.

#7785 - 04/16/08 12:05 AM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
As a general rule, I stay away from these conversations, but if you really want to learn about Mr Manson's influences, take a long look at Rozz Williams and his many projects: Christian Death, Premature Ejaculation, Shadow Project, EXP, and Heltir.

#8116 - 04/23/08 12:03 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
Phillip Offline
stranger

Oh yeah...Satyricon rips much face. I've heard a little of Darkthrone, but the others are new to me.

Like Pig Destroyer?

Wait--you hate Pantera? What are you talking about? Driven? Trendkill? That stuff sets standards bands today can't even approach, yo. They aren't exactly "thrash" anyhow, I don't think. And Phil is an enthusiastic supporter of Black Metal. Hell, he helped Satyricon get started.

Edited by Phillip (04/23/08 12:07 PM)
Edit Reason: Pantera

#8132 - 04/23/08 08:21 PM Re: Music [Re: Phillip]
PigFeeder Offline

I'm into a lot of black metal, and all it's subgenres. I know the whole argument that yes, all the older music like Pantera and Black sabbath gave birth to what is known metal today. But I just can't listen to the older music and thrash metal. I respect if others listen to it, but myself, I can't stand it. It gets on my nerves and just isn't my kind of music. Everyone has there own type of music they like. And I'm pretty sure they are Thrash, they definetly could fit the category.

Quote:
That stuff sets standards bands today can't even approach, yo.

Are you kidding me? please tell me this is a joke? The music today has learnt from the past.. The musicians today are so much more amazing then the past. Sure the past was good, but like I said, they've learned, evolved.. REAL bands today have improved so much more.

#8134 - 04/23/08 10:15 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
The musicians today are so much more amazing then the past. Sure the past was good, but like I said, they've learned, evolved.. REAL bands today have improved so much more.

That must be why the last cd I bought was Porter Wagner's greatest hits. Prior to that it was a new box set of Johnny Cash. And before that it was a rehash of Elvis songs. The last concert I went to was Los Lonely Boys. My summer concert highlight of this year will be seeing Poison, again. I did buy the latest release from Lamb of God and Type O Negative. Today's music is bland, cookie cutter, crap. Then again, I am probably old enough to be your dad, so I have a much broader range of artists to draw from. I can't listen to radio anymore, since it all sounds and is the same. So I listen to talk radio all day, or play my old (and much better) cds. I will choose Pantera over almost any current artist out today.

#8144 - 04/24/08 04:11 PM Re: Music [Re: fakepropht]
PigFeeder Offline

First of all.. I hate Lamb Of God.. Why anyone would want to listen to that Trash Metal is beyond me.. Type O Negative is just as bad.. And just because your older, doesn't mean anything. I've done my research, I've listened to a lot of stuff. Older music to me is bland and sounds always much the same, whilst in today's music, you can find much more of a variety with many different branches of sound. Contrary to 'back in the day' when most bands followed the same trend and the same type of music happened often at the same time. I don't listen to the radio either because it's usually the mainstream, soldout songs that people for some reason like. And like I said your choice is your choice, mine is mine. Whether or not you would choose your cd's over newer stuff is nothing I care about. What you prefer listening to is your choice. You have your opinion I have mine. I personally would probabally go mentally insane if you put me in a room with music playing from any of those artists you mentioned..

#8162 - 04/25/08 01:13 AM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
It's funny, I usually take mass transit to work. If I'm just sitting there on the bus or train, I love putting on the old black fucking metal. If I happen to take the old minivan to work(I am 37), I love to listen to a variety of the rock genres-mainstream included. I had on some Rise Against, Misfits, the Ataris, Exploited, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC (Radio surfing and finding something good is just so rewarding).

Nothing beats giving the old horns out the sun roof or giving the finger to some taxi driver for cutting you off while doing some good old fashioned dashboard karoake.

Open your mind, expand your horizons, Grasshopper...

#8175 - 04/25/08 06:29 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Watch Piggy, listen to this first (Pantera - Walk):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ONZ9bL2WGBE&feature=related

Then listen to this (Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TxuWdEbxAn4

Okay... I'm slightly partially drunk right now, so to me they sound very similar. Is it just me though? I'm no expert in music, but they sound similar.

Pantera still kicks ass thoe.

Kayla

~~352~~

#8176 - 04/25/08 06:45 PM Re: Music [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Holy crao Kayla I tryed but I seriously couldn't sit through the first minute of Pantera, they just suck ass to me.

But you were very right actually, I can see how they have the same sound and beat to each. Although I'm no big fan of either, I'd much rather Manson's. It is very true though, he does draw his infulences from a lot of other bands and artists. Which is probabally why he enjoys doing covers of other work.

#8177 - 04/25/08 06:48 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

LOL... i guess you don't like Pantera. Yeah, but the beat is similar... maybe Manson didn't "rip" anyone off, but you see the similarities too thoe. Ok, good, I thought it was just me.

Kayla

~~352~~

Page 6 of 15 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.