Page 9 of 15 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#10137 - 07/08/08 09:28 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

Loc: chicago illinois
If you are interested in satanic music, feel free to check out my band's myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/manmademan . We are signed to tvr/koch worldwide. the music has been described at a mixture of hardcore/blackmetal/thrash. My vocals have been compared to a mixture of Bury Your Dead , Devildriver , and Cradle of Filth.

I think if you want to hear music written from satanic stand point, minus the idiotic allegories to demons and dragons etc, check us out.

We will be going on a high profile tour once our c.d. gets released. Feel free to let me know what you think of our music.

Edited by SevenDeadlySins (07/08/08 09:45 PM)

#10140 - 07/08/08 11:47 PM Re: Music [Re: PigFeeder]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Borknagar is a pretty excellent band, though I feel they have fallen off the mark in recent years, especially since the addition of Vintersorg to the lineup. He's a good vocalist, but a poor replacement for Simen (I.C.S. Vortex). The album you should check out is "Quintessence," in my opinion THE best Borknagar album to date. However, I recommend starting as far back as you can to get a clearer picture of their music. As Devul mentioned, they started out as a sort of "all-star" group with members from Ulver (Garm on vocals for the first two albums and I believe the Ulver bassist was on the first two as well), Gorgoroth (Erik on drums, if I'm not mistaken...could have been Immortal, though), and Enslaved (Ivar Bjornson on keyboards/percussion/effects). The Norwegian scene is notoriously incestuous, and many of these members were involved in many other projects. Check out Garm also on Arcturus' "Aspera Hiems Symfonia" (a great album, very avant-garde symphonic piece of black metal; not "true," I suppose, but involved some very prominent members in the scene, including Hellhammer of Mayhem). On a side note, some other interesting (and somewhat avant-garde) "super-groups" to check out are Ved Buens Ende and Fleurety, both of which have been reissued by Candlelight Records.

Anyway, try to go as far back as the self-titled debut, or at least "The Olden Domain,' and make your way forward from there (or at least check out Quintessence); not easy, I know, especially when it's hard to find a lot of this stuff on the file-sharing programs, and you're not likely to shell out the money in your local record store, IF you can even find them in your local store...it's all about location. I've had to go out-of-state for some albums I'd been looking for for ages. Ebay and online music retailers make that easier. Great website to order from, as they've got music clips for almost everything they have in stock, is http://www.aquariusrecords.org

Edited by Draculesti (07/08/08 11:49 PM)
Edit Reason: content

Homo Homini Lupus

#10173 - 07/11/08 11:18 AM Re: Music [Re: Draculesti]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Just exploiting and opportunity for constructive critisism and to spread the shit \:\)

We just got our demo done with my new band Dark Days Ahead. It's kind of straight forward metal, that's the closest thing I can come up with in labeling it. Just the basic instruments and no fag synths... \:\)

http://www.myspace.com/ddaband

Please check it out and any feedback is always appreciated!

#10174 - 07/11/08 05:11 PM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
sounds great,i just finished listing to all 4 tracks but for the life of me i cant figure out your musical influences, usually that is quite apparent but for yours it remains elusive. i am really liking saint sadistic and the low riff for the chorus,sounds almost pro music quality but could use some extra punch somewhere, maybe just bring the drums up a tad? but as to where i cant help you their im an artist not a musician:)

what instrument do you play maggotfacemoe??

#10178 - 07/11/08 08:08 PM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Kon Offline
pledge

Loc: Berlin, Germany
Yea Moe your band is good man. Though the drumming leaves something to be desired in a few of the songs I heard. As far as instrumentals go, I could say you've a bit of a Slipknot feel, though I wouldn't classify your band as Nu metal as I would them, I could see you leaning more towards thrash or death metal genres.
Wicked shit though.

\m/

#10183 - 07/12/08 12:17 AM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Hey, you guys are pretty good. In my opinion, you guys have an old-school death sound, with some At the Gates thrown in there. There's another band I'm thinking of, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't know what everybody is talking about with the drums; they were executed very well, the rhythm precise; I heard no irregularities in the beat. Some drummers tend to play the beats within the measure unevenly, while others tend to fluctuate the tempo where it makes no musical sense (i.e. when it's not a case of an accelerando or decelerando). I heard none of these things. Someone said that they were, perhaps, a bit low in the mix, which might be true, but that's something to worry about when you cut the real album tracks, eh?

Homo Homini Lupus

#10209 - 07/13/08 01:53 PM Re: Music [Re: rob_church]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Even I'm not certain of our musical influences... \:\) The guitarists are pretty old school thrash/death and it certainly is of big influence and makes our music the way it is.

Yeah, a lot could still be done with the mixing, but we decided not to give it a very polished sound and let it sound a bit raw. We're recording a new promo in six months anyway so this demo is just a thing we did to better get a picture of the whole thing and to set some guidelines. And to get some shit on myspace \:\)
Oh, and I handle the vocals.

#10210 - 07/13/08 03:44 PM Re: Music [Re: Kon]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Heh, never thought of us sounding anything like Slipknot. Hopefully not too much though, I can't stand their new style.
Death and thrash is what we constantly try keep in our music though not too faithfully. I wouldn't want us to be thought of as just a "thrash" or "death" band.

#10211 - 07/13/08 03:49 PM Re: Music [Re: Draculesti]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Yeah, the drums and some vocals were a bit low, but they're now fixed on the master tape. The songs on myspace were the first mixed versions, but when I get my hands on the final versions I'll update on myspace.

And thanks to you all for the feed back! And great you liked it \:\)

#10217 - 07/14/08 12:32 AM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

I was curious what anyone thought of my band's music we posted on our page. I sincerly would like to hear your opinions on our music from our forthcoming album.

#10218 - 07/14/08 12:35 AM Re: Music [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
SevenDeadlySins Offline
stranger

The band ahead i must say i enjoyed. It was very different from what I have heard as of late. If we go overseas to promote our c.d. we should hook up for a few dates.

#10270 - 07/17/08 09:15 AM Re: Music [Re: SevenDeadlySins]
morgoth Offline
stranger

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
Life without music would fucking suck. It's a personal choice, the style of music one likes, but if they dig the music they listen to and get enjoyment from it, good on them.

I will listen to most music from Mozart to Death Metal. I don't like rap/hip hop or electronic dance music, I'll listen to it, but just can't get my head around the monotonous beat.

However I am a fan of such bands as,
The MC5
Agnostic Front
Iggy Pop and the Stooges
The Doors
Bill Halley to B.T.O
Buddy Holly to Hendrix
Robert Johnson to Jethro Tull

I'll give all music a go, if I like it good, if I don't fuck it.

#10331 - 07/23/08 04:36 AM Re: Music [Re: morgoth]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Music is a central part of my life. I am a musician. I make money from playing. Even though I have numerous other interests, without access to my instruments I would become completely miserable. I am fond of 60's style rock like the doors, the grateful dead, the rolling stones, etc. I can play this stuff all day long. I learn new charts all the time. The internet has made finding the lyrics and chords to songs very simple. I also like to compose my own music. I find a great release in performing. Nothing else matters to me while doing it. I suppose that it is a form of meditation that is highly therapeutic. It can also be physically demanding.
I like to pit myself against the challenge to perform. It is a transforming experience. It is magical.

#10580 - 08/10/08 04:55 PM Re: Music [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Vargvid Offline
stranger

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
 Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
I wouldn't want us to be thought of as just a "thrash" or "death" band.

Then do something speciall with it. Like my band, we added some grind,some slam with groove, also a pigvoice that nobody can understand. Now we got something that nobody have ever heard before! Goregrind/grove/slam/brutal death metal. Alot of tags but its pure love.

Well there is alot of bands who have done this but its still underground. I recommand you to listen to some Cock and ball torture, Rompeprop, Waking the cadaver (NO ITS NOT DEATHCORE), Kraanium, Degrade and Abominable Putridity. Heavy, brutal death metal that makes you wanna go berserk. Go away from the mainstream crap and take inspiration from the underground bands rader from the mainstream band. Thats the diffrent for being "just another/a "thrash" or "death" band" and being a great band with your own style and sounds.

#10609 - 08/11/08 11:48 AM Re: Music [Re: Vargvid]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
@moe- Awesome music.

That said, I would like to hear Satanic music that sounds DIFFERENT. I love metal, but why does it seem like every single openly "satanic" band seem to have the same general musical formula? The "deep growling and distorted guitars searing on a bed of blastbeats" sound gets boring after a while.

I've heard some very good dark ambient and classical projects with a satanic bend though. Most metal-minded people hate synth and sampling, but it gives the musician a boundless sonic pallate of evocative soundscapes.

Page 9 of 15 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.