Page 2 of 11 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#54210 - 05/09/11 04:13 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fnord]
Invidious Offline
stranger

I am here because I am not somewhere else. I've been other places, they were interesting for awhile and right now this place is interesting. Someday some other place might be interesting as well.

Invidious.

#54215 - 05/09/11 07:01 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fist]
Oxus Offline

I'm here because Dr. Aquino is
#54218 - 05/09/11 07:20 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Oxus]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
I'm here because I like to occasionally post my relevant drawings and get feedback. I used to post them over at LttD, but then they started charging for their service. Which ended up being a blessing.

I was never very pleased with my experience at LttD. I didn't feel like folks there, in general, espoused critical thinking as much as I would like. I'm not interested in being really involved in the "satanic community", and as such, probably would not have been motivated to find this place had they not started charging.

#54222 - 05/09/11 08:24 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fist]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
The reasons for my participation are manyfold. In the name of pragmatism, I'm writing a "Black Book" from my replies in the threads.

My determined Mind still persists, and I'm calling the few to "leap" over the precipise or crags of Reality: no matter what happens. My Mind as a logical instrument gives way to a Mind as embodying my-Self. This is termed by some to be "walking on a Dark road" on the othershore of Fire. This is being embraced by the profligacy of Satan who reveals mysteries through the Darkest clouds of Naturalism. All material things start from me and end in "forgetting" me. A Self that remains a Self all the time is no-Self: the Self is known as one that 'smells' to much of itself. The Self has to lose itself in order to be itself. Such is my-Self.

I take the opposite course of moral goodness, and step backwards to reach Satan: my-Self. I look backwards to a point before the world with all its dichotomies has yet existed. This means I want to face a world into which time and space have not yet placed their cleaving wedges. What kind of experience am I looking for? My experience has always been conditioned by logic, time and space. (Experience will be utterly impossible without metaphysical properties.) To refer to an experience without such conditions would be non-sensical, a pragmatist would say. Perhaps it is, so long as I uphold time and space as Real and not conceptually projected. But, even when these basic conditions of experience (time and space) are denied, I talk of a certain kind of experience: my experience which takes place in timelessness of the past, present and future.

Loki. Shiva. Devil.

#54276 - 05/10/11 04:20 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fnord]
Thule Offline
temp banned
pledge

Originally Posted By: Fnord
 Originally Posted By: Thule

Generally being a satanist means you want to "oppose" something like Christianity.

This is the level of Satanism where the kids hang out.

It is step one.

Deeper study and deeper application is the way of the few.

Networking with real Satanists, particularly if you need to do so, is likely to be a sparsely populated road for you.

Indeed this is the problem in the world. Most people are sheep that need to be told what to do, general degeneracy etc. I definitely need to be around more people of quality- that is one of my life goals.

I think that most satanists probably don't call themselves satanist- there are really two types of people in this world. One type takes responsibility for their life and always seeks to improve and do better, the other type expects god/the government/someone else to solve problems, doesn't seek to educate themselves and is not the master of their environment.

Some people may feel there is an advantage to having large hordes of morons in society that we can exploit. Myself I feel society is being held back by the irresponsible and degenerate human beings. I would like to see a higher evolution of humanity rather than degeneration and dysgenics going on now.

#54278 - 05/10/11 04:37 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Thule]
Fnord Moderator Offline

Loc: Texas
Myself I feel society is being held back by the irresponsible and degenerate human beings.

True, however I can't deny that society (en toto) is largely responsible for creating degenerates of the weak minded.

I would like to see a higher evolution of humanity rather than degeneration and dysgenics going on now.

As would I. The question being, of course do we (collectively) really have any say in the matter?

#60372 - 10/23/11 06:13 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fnord]
blackflamedemon Offline
stranger

Loc: vaiden mississippi usa
im here to try to be a part to and of the satanic community,at the end we should stand together if we gonna beat this spiritual warfare togethes as one and with unity.
#60378 - 10/23/11 10:07 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: blackflamedemon]
Octavian Offline
pledge

I think you may be labouring under a misconception when you think of the words “Satanic community.”

I have yet to meet any group of people who were, in general, less willing to fall into line with the notion of a “one single viewpoint for all” position, and were prepared to act in unison on anything, and were even comfortable with the notion that there is a “we” from the outset.

Imagine a herd of more or less domineering cats and you are looking at the Satanic community in a more real way in my opinion. This is natural and is the way it should be with the Satanic community I think.

#60384 - 10/23/11 11:43 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fnord]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
The 600 Club is great place and personally for me it is the best place in internet... Only thing what I’m sorry – I joined the club so late...

I’m here to be together with likeminded individuals and here I’ve not disturbed by stupid retards… It’s only forum, where I’m member. Maybe I don’t have so much free time too to explore virtual world!

The 600 Club is very important for me – I live in Latvia and always I’ve been quite isolated in my satanic practices and now I start to communicate with real individuals who share my views and now I don't only read the books, magazines, explore internet resources, watch videos etc… I'm out of circle of close friends, who knows who I'm...

Of course I practiced Satanism and TSB truths before..., but during my staying here I see – I become braver in my satanic stance and it gives real joy to know, that we are so many!

And there is other point too - I feel my satanic pride is growing – I’m not so tolerant more against brainwashed crowd, religionists – especially to Christian freaks etc…

#60410 - 10/24/11 11:14 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Latvian]
RAIDER Offline

Loc: PA
Originally I joined the 600 club to learn more about Satanism...what it means to be a Satanist, which 'kind' am I?, etc.
What I've learned so far is all that shit is entirely up to me...which is truly awesome. I would say there are some naturally inherent qualities that make one a Satanist, but there are no 'rules'...good shit.
I honestly value what you all share with me on this site...some thoughtful, well informed shit... and I even enjoy the bullshit too.
So thanks

#60418 - 10/25/11 01:36 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: RAIDER]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Well, my turning up here dovetails with my turn onto the LHP after decades of studying and doing other stuff, which in retrospect feels like a sound foundation rather than a series of bad choices.

I was surfing the net for Satanic groups and forums, sent a little time on the Modern Church of Satan site, which was interesting but a little "young" for me and somewhere in that vicinity heard about The 600 Club which gave idiots a hard time and had zero tolerance for pathetic spelling, grammar and punctuation. That sounded like my kind of people and I lurked here for a few months before throwing caution to the wind and signing up, being impressed by both the standards and content here.

I'd like to say it's been fun so far, I've learned quite a bit, had a few laughs and, I hope, offered some decent posts. \:\)

#60443 - 10/25/11 09:01 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: felixgarnet]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
Simple answer, fear. When I started running google searches on Satanism, I found threads at 600 quite a bit. I was intimidated and respected a number of people here so never joined. I joined SIN.

Over time what started as being slightly intimidated, grew to mammoth propertions. So I joined because I always attempt to conquer my fears, and fear of people on a forum is retarded.

#60458 - 10/26/11 10:15 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: FemaleSatan]
Vinter Offline
stranger

I'm here to discuss and learn more about philosophies and viewpoints that are not commonly expressed amongst people I know and in the society in general. I do not have a specific standpoint myself, but I'm interested in different religions and philosophies as well as spirituality in general. So I guess that's the whole of it as far as my reason for signing up goes.
#60717 - 10/31/11 06:24 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Vinter]
HeWhoWearsShadow Offline
stranger

I am here because this forum allows for intelligent discussion from many differing viewpoints. Although all who are participating in these discussions are more or less LHP, their views on the world are drastically different. Primarily, this is an educational website for me. I have not been here long, and thus have not contributed as much as I would like to; however, I feel that in time my understanding of the LHP will be sufficient enough that I can really call myself a member.

Another reason I am here is the satisfaction that I very rarely come across any idiots and BSers, and that when I do, they are dealt with in swift, merciless, and undeniably entertaining methods, which ultimately lead to them never returning again.

So thank you for all of that, 600C.

#60985 - 11/03/11 03:21 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: HeWhoWearsShadow]
MikeAndsaddie Offline
stranger

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
we are here plain and simple to continue a journey that we have started and this seemed like a good place to start. Although I have lived on this shithole planet for 40 years, I am somewhat new to the idea of Satanism, but you have to start somewhere. Not looking for bullshit or smart ass remarks, we are just here to appreciate what we have come to know of what we are....We are not one to jump around trying different forums to gain information, I had stumbled accross this site and wanted to endulge in what it has to offer.....
Page 2 of 11 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.