Page 5 of 11 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#67236 - 06/08/12 02:06 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Zach_Black]
Kali Offline
stranger

I'm here to learn more about various topics and enrich my understanding. I'm still on the fence about my belief system and I'm trying to condense it into something more objective. I've been inspired by The Satanic Bible, as it gives food for thought. I don't think having fun and occasionally doing things for yourself is wrong, and yet I don't consider myself selfish or selfless. I think Satanism is something I never quite fully understood, and I'd at least like to get a more in depth understanding of it. I don't practice magick but I do consider myself more Pagan, as I think NDE's and afterlife does exist. I mostly believe in Reincarnation, but still not 100 percent. I'd like to refine different concepts. Maybe some others can help me get an idea of what Satanism is all about. I've been browsing this forum and reading various topics for about a year.
#67241 - 06/09/12 05:52 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Kali]
Morgan Offline
stalker

Loc: New York City
I would suggest you reread the book again, and use a highlighter marker to make stand out the things that resonate with you.

If you consider yourself pagan, and believe in an afterife then maybe Satanism just isn't for you. Maybe look more into buddism and hinduism.

M

#68078 - 06/30/12 10:16 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Morgan]
Robert Paulson Offline
pledge

Loc: Montana, America
I came on this website looking for conversation with other Left Hand Path-minded people. I know better than to look for like-minded people as Satanists are individuals, like cats, and cannot be herded. I know I will encounter opinions different than my own, but the posts I've read so far show that the brighter ones here tend to back up their opinions with reason. To me, Satanism represents thinking for oneself and responsibility for one's actions. I look forward to meeting others on this site and agree to behave myself in discussions.

#68082 - 06/30/12 10:45 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fist]
Deep Time Offline
pledge

In some ways I find these forums refreshing.

Recently, for curiosity, I visited Christian forums. I asked the members why they believed that humankind's only hope came to the Middle East 2000 years ago and not some other place and time.

Why were they positive that Jehovah created the world? Why not one of the other countless gods?

Round and round and round we went. We kept coming back to "...because my book says so" and "Those other gods are false gods." I was accused of trolling for not accepting these answers.

I like that answers like that are not accepted here.

Edited by Deep Time (06/30/12 10:57 AM)

"All the witches had to show their respect for Satan by kissing his ass."

#68137 - 07/01/12 02:13 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Deep Time]
nith Offline
stranger

Loc: Aust, Tasmania
It has been said before that finding people with unconventional views (said by Nemesis). Added to that is challenging the views and questioning both mine and the views of others is near impossible in many other places as most don't challenge their own views.

Like Mattle said early on feedback is a key reason and although I too have little interest in being part of a group it is hard to reflect on thoughts without some outside input. The idea that no matter how objective I try to be it boils down to my perspective so outside perspective works like a proof read.

I liked Diavolo's analogy “ Satanism , is your new car”. I find we can't blame the vehicle for it's limits not matching our expectations. We can mod and change the vehicle as much as we like but in the end it would be our fault if the destination was not to our liking. Though I have a curious streak as to why people pick vehicles/ paths made by others, the only all terrain transport/ path I rely on is my own feet (metaphorically speaking).

So sites like this are a road stop to see how I am going and if there are interesting sights I have missed or need to see again.

#68145 - 07/01/12 05:14 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: nith]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
Today is july and at 15th july I'll celebrate one year here - the reason for beenig here is simple. I'm Satanist and for me is important to grow and mature in my Satanic stance and it's not healthy always be in solitude or privacy. For me isn't enough to be in Latvian Satanic Comunity...

I found many strong individuals in the 600 club and there arn't stupid trolling or herd mentality. It's interesting for me read posts and take part in fruitful discussions. I want to be together with people who share similar lifestyle and values.

#70169 - 08/12/12 04:43 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fnord]
White Offline
stranger

Loc: Knoxville, TN
I came here hoping to find out more about Satanism as a belief structure and a culture, and to find an opportunity to see how everything comes together in person.

I stay because this place has proven educational, inspirational, and amusing, and isn't full of hai masterz of teh dark lord beulzzabump.

In short, no regrets!

#70195 - 08/13/12 06:35 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fist]
D_Kindle Offline
stranger

Loc: South Carolina
I,myself,wanted a connection with a different kind of approach to Satanism. My first contact with Satan and the idea of Satanism was through Lavey's Satanic Bible around 1993. Since then I've "evolved" to a more theastic practice but still love and intensly respect Lavey's ideas on the human animal. By being a little Laveyan and theastic at the same time may sound a bit contriversal but it actually gives me a broader view of Satan and Satanic communities on Earth. The ideas and discussions in this forum,so far,[I've only been a member here a few days] have been thought provoking and the people are interesting,too. Plus,I know people who are strictly theastic and they tend to "float away",losing touch with the real world and what not. I desire to be spiritual while keeping grounded.
#70236 - 08/14/12 06:38 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Fnord]
Latvian Offline

Originally Posted By: Fnord
[quote=Thule]Deeper study and deeper application is the way of the few.
In reality it's way for me! I like to know more and practise LHP! It's the reason why I'm in the 600 Club and joined more than 7 years back our Latvian forum and some days back SIN! Of course it takes only small part of my time - mostly I read books and I have to work too - now not so much, because after 17 years hard work I'm one year have moved up in my career and ovesee other peoples work and have more time for me, my hobbies and Satanic path!

#70238 - 08/14/12 06:45 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: D_Kindle]
Filthmessiah Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia
My reasons were to in part expand my horizons. I have believed as do for so long (much of it in a social vacuum) that I was concerned that I had become narrow minded and complacent. Forgetting that the path I follow is a path and not a park bench.

Also I wanted to interact with others in an intellectual way. To both bare my teeth, and be bitten. To have my view of Satanism challenged, and to challenge the views of others when I can back it up.

To learn grow and evolve. There is far more to the L.H.P than my personal concept of it. It is a very individual life philosophy, but seeing different (and sometimes better) view points gives a much greater understanding of the whole picture.

I simply don't want to watch the movie with all the unpleasant bits edited out. I want to know the entire plot and story line. That's why I am here.

#70239 - 08/14/12 07:05 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Filthmessiah]
Latvian Offline

Originally Posted By: Filthmessiah
...There is far more to the L.H.P than my personal concept of it. It is a very individual life philosophy, but seeing different (and sometimes better) view points gives a much greater understanding of the whole picture...
I've the same interest... I lived and practised my own Satanism in Latvia, than visited Scandinavia and I got friends, who are Satanists and sometimes I'm in touch with them, when we met in some black metal event..., but here in the 600 Club I start to feel a bit other dimension and other facets of Satanism. Of course I don't accept everything and I keep my own style, values and everything, what fits for me, but here I got some new pleasant taste!

#70241 - 08/14/12 08:06 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Latvian]
Filthmessiah Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia
There is much to learn, and In the short time I have been here it proven very fruitful. I never really took the time to understand the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism before. Now I know, and look forward to delving deeper into it. Or the O.N.A I have always been interested in their tenants, and gained greater access to them here. O.N.A literature can be a bit cumbersome in its linguistic style, but very rewarding once grasped.

Not much about black metal however which is unfortunate. Perhaps a new forum topic on it would be in order. I consider it to be more than music and art. I consider it a valid aspect of the left hand path. It is a far deeper and more powerful movement than most think.

#70302 - 08/16/12 11:42 AM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Kali]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Kali
blah

You really should be more respectful of the name you choose to post under. I can tell you this about Kali: the day you meet Her, you will pray to every god in your lexicon that you be removed from history.

JK

#70306 - 08/16/12 02:48 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Filthmessiah]
Latvian Offline

Originally Posted By: Filthmessiah
...Not much about black metal however which is unfortunate... I consider it to be more than music and art. I consider it a valid aspect of the left hand path. It is a far deeper and more powerful movement than most think.
Hi, Filthmessiah! You're right! Black metal is realy deeper than aggressive music… Already more than 20 years back black metal moved me to Satanism... I like black metal really much and small secret - in black metal shows You'll not find stupid christians, jews, muslims, brainwashed religionists like new age fans, RHP freaks etc. There You enjoy community of Satanists, occult fans, individualists and people with black flame in it – I belong to them and I enjoy black metal and I attend mostly all black metal concerts here in Latvia and even in Baltic States... I try to visit and always when I'm in Norway or other part of Scandinavia I enjoy black metal clubs, events and people, who attend such places, they are in LHP... For me very important is lyrics and ritualistic meaning of blasphemous symbolism… I know, that in other parts of world black metal isn’t popular, but it doesn't mean anyting for me - I’m typical north man…

#70315 - 08/16/12 10:05 PM Re: Why are you here? [Re: Latvian]
Morgan Offline
stalker

Loc: New York City
"I like black metal really much and small secret - in black metal shows You'll not find stupid christians, jews, muslims, brainwashed religionists like new age fans, RHP freaks etc. There You enjoy community of Satanists, occult fans, individualists and people with black flame in it"

NOPE, you are wrong about this. There are tons of people at these shows that are not Satanists.

For all the black metal shows I have been to, there are idiots, poseurs, and etc. There are actually very few "real" Satanists.
Since a lot of the music is not even in English, people just enjoy the music and style. Most don't even delve into what the lyrics actually mean. That would be too much work.

M

Page 5 of 11 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.