Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#54420 - 05/14/11 04:39 AM The Need to Believe
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
The Need to Believe -

I learned a long time ago it is not worth arguing with religious folk. You cant hope to achieve much trying to enlighten mystical superstitious weak minded people.Why use logic and reason to argue or debate someone who has a deep rooted psychological need to resist it? It is like arguing the shape of a cloud with a blind man? People have a NEED to BELIEVE. I cant help but to see their "faith" for what it is. A Neurotic coping Mechanism deeply anchored in the character and emotional structure of a delusional and crippled victim.A even sadder fact is these righteous,pious pursuers of heaven will probably never recover.Their entire lives,security,thought process, logic,reasoning,longing and general impression of the world around them is built on these fairy tales .

These very people push into the trusting and delicate minds of children their very own fears and delusions .If faith based mentality was replaced over night with a rational objective approach to reality,Most of these peoples emotional and mental health would crumble in days.

Faith is rooted in fear. A fear of the unknown. The unpredictable. And most of all the fear of living a life free of their conflicting neurotic mechanisms. That they now are entirely dependent on as a permanent copping mechanism.A delicate house of cards to repress guilt,rage,fear,lust,ect..

If you doubt that it is the fear of losing " control" and letting go that fuels religious fever and devotion consider this question…
Why would Organized Religion launch crusades to exterminate entire cultures ,population and races?

They claim they are doing God's work by ridding the world of "savages ,heathens,beastly,course ,perverse and deviant people. It was to much for the Holy to see free and unrestrained happy people half naked not ashamed of their own passions. These " primitive " "Godless " free loving ,living people threatened to expose the fear and inherent irrational contradictions that their culture,religion and faith rest and depend on.
It was necessary to rid the world of people who reminded them of what it is like to not live in a world based on fear ,control,rigidity and repression.The righteous will not tolerate being reminded of what they gave up in the way of life, love and happiness to pursue their " faith" .Ironically ....They gave up the one thing they claim they value above anything else.The only thing they hope to reunite in some mystical intangible everlasting bless with their Lord. Their very essence,their soul.

It was necessary to burn countless thousands of woman alive simply because they reminded these miserable ,impotent men that they themselves once felt alive in their groins. And what could be more murderously provoking than to arouse the last bit lust in some miserable ,resigned ,hateful shell of a man who longs for death?

The righteous and holy will always attempt to remove and exterminate others who think differently and do not reinforce their delusions. Even others that are equally crippled holy men of a different cloth. After all ,what if the other religion is right? There was no clause for that in the gospels?So if they are right,that would make you wrong. And a cloud of anxiety and horror will surely await .There is no other reason or explanation to make light of how even intelligent ,educated worldly and presumably logical well adjusted people could ignore scientifically proven facts that are in sharp contradictions to their faith?
Even Scientist themselves are still spending their entire lives trying to prove evolution is false. That carbon dating and the known age of the universe around us is grossly inaccurate.In the opposition of all evidence and reason they still will not let go of their delusions. They can not. It is simply something they are incapable of doing. It would mean an end to the fictions they have grown depended on to cope and function. A dissolving of the very deep emotional layers of repression and rigidity they have spent a life time building.

Not to mention for the first time in their lives they are unsure of what lies beyond.

If a man of average intelligence reviews the idea of God with a rational objective approach he will come to one conclusion.
God is possible ,but highly unlikely.

And one more Agnostic is born. God is nothing but an imaginary friend for adults.

The universal need to believe should be looked at as a mass induced psychosis. A protective mechanism early man evolved after the horror,uncertainty and isolation he must of felt leaving the comfort of the jungle for the open fields towards the unknown.

Zach Black

#54433 - 05/14/11 12:48 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The reason religion is such an essential part of humanity is because it was evolutionary beneficial. Religion, even when controlling the believers, is a great glue for groups and as such, increases their odds in survival and dominance.

In the end, religion is merely an expression of Will to Power. Yes I know, I look at everything in this light but it is impossible to neglect it since it is so fundamental. Even the righteous and holy express their dominance in them being righteous and holy. They climb higher on the hierarchy compared to those less righteous and less holy, even when, in reality, this whole hierarchy itself, exists purely in their mind. It is interesting Will to Power expresses itself in a purely abstract realm and dominance there feels as real as were it real.

A part of our predisposition to believe is caused by nature having developed this tendency is us increasing the survival of our young. Not that nature constructed it as much as those showing these traits had better odds at surviving. When we are young, we are inclined to accept what authority tells us and it is probably this which makes many vulnerable to religion or authority in later life. This and the option it provides to channel our need for dominance into a group having the potential to manifest this.

Most of us are automatically inclined towards certain beliefs, some because they provide to our needs, others because not believing is so counter-intuitive, it is too hard to resist.

D.

#54435 - 05/14/11 12:57 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
It was necessary to burn countless thousands of woman alive simply because they reminded these miserable ,impotent men that they themselves once felt alive in their groins.

Countless thousands of men as well. And hung, drawn, drowned, imprisoned, et cetera.

Quote:
The universal need to believe should be looked at as a mass induced psychosis.

If psychosis can be defined as a mental illness, then why do you also categorize religious faith as a deep-rooted coping mechanism present in most of mankind? If the majority of humanity exhibits these behaviors, then they are not signs of mental illness, but natural human behaviors. It is the empirical logicians who are psychotic.

#54436 - 05/14/11 02:40 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
People have a NEED to BELIEVE. I cant help but to see their "faith" for what it is. A Neurotic coping Mechanism deeply anchored in the character and emotional structure of a delusional and crippled victim.A even sadder fact is these righteous,pious pursuers of heaven will probably never recover.Their entire lives,security,thought process, logic,reasoning,longing and general impression of the world around them is built on these fairy tales .
It almost seems you are saying that every religionist isn't capable of reasoning or using logic.
Religion is just that one thing to oversimplify life, a reference of ideological morals. God, in the light of psychology, shouldn't be seen as yet another fairy-tale but as a fictive reference. Just as children need a father and a mother figure to develop, adults need some kind of figure which can give basic references on how to act and live with others. The wanted god is but a psychological need rooted in any of us.

You can see that same trend developed in the beginning Satanist wherein ASL assumes the referenced place. In Luciferianism there is lucifer etc.. And if one person doesn't fit the bill then idolatry start to occur. Which happens quite alot with atheistic individuals wherein people like Dawkins and Brian Greene are the idols.

Quote:
These very people push into the trusting and delicate minds of children their very own fears and delusions .

Which probably are also your own fears and delusions for a big part. Each person acts differently on a situation or a question on morals.

Quote:
They claim they are doing God's work by ridding the world of "savages ,heathens,beastly,course ,perverse and deviant people.

I'm pretty sure you somewhere once had a discussion about culling and progressing a certain group of people. From what is it different?

Quote:
The righteous and holy will always attempt to remove and exterminate others who think differently and do not reinforce their delusions.
I already know what's going to happen next after this post was read carefully.

Quote:
Even Scientist themselves are still spending their entire lives trying to prove evolution is false. That carbon dating and the known age of the universe around us is grossly inaccurate.
I would love to see a scientist do that. But then again you have science (as done by people who got a proper education in their respective fields) and "science" (guess who..). Ofcourse the date of everything around us is inaccurate, but at least the borders of our inaccuracy are known.. (don't you simply love statistics?)

Quote:
God is nothing but an imaginary friend for adults.
It's a bit more complicated but still a nice ending.

#54437 - 05/14/11 02:42 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Although religion did have its finger in a huge amount of killing, I'd say the number can be neglected compared to all killed for quite different reasons.

The first World War resulted in about 15M dead, the second about 66M, Stalin's regime 20M, Mao's 40M; which provides good evidence religion is hardly a factor in conflict. We're just great at murdering others and the only reason behind all this is our irresistible drive to dominate.

D.

#54463 - 05/15/11 07:48 AM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: The Zebu]
Zach_Black Offline

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
 Quote:
It was necessary to burn countless thousands of woman alive simply because they reminded these miserable ,impotent men that they themselves once felt alive in their groins.

Countless thousands of men as well. And hung, drawn, drowned, imprisoned, et cetera.

Quote:
The universal need to believe should be looked at as a mass induced psychosis.

If psychosis can be defined as a mental illness, then why do you also categorize religious faith as a deep-rooted coping mechanism present in most of mankind? If the majority of humanity exhibits these behaviors, then they are not signs of mental illness, but natural human behaviors. It is the empirical logicians who are psychotic.

Your logic is flawed I do believe. Simply because the masses believe a certain something to be true does not mean this ideal moves out of the realm of mental illness. I do adhere to the fact that the masses are indeed neurotic.

#54464 - 05/15/11 07:59 AM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
Zach_Black Offline

@ Dimitri

(quote)

"Just as children need a father and a mother figure to develop, adults need some kind of figure which can give basic references on how to act and live with others. The wanted god is but a psychological need rooted in any of us."

I disagree . I do not think adults 'need' an imaginary friend. I do not. Sure the herd will cling to what makes life easier to swallow. But by no means is it required nor necessary .

#54466 - 05/15/11 08:20 AM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
Belief is an important attribute of growth:

1. the number one mode of growth in children is play, they cast no limits upon themselves unless adults have placed that restriction upon them. The child's imagination is limitless and so is their potential growth since the child believes the impossible.

2. those that are in a hole in life can rationalise that this is their only future, or could "believe" in a better future and strive towards that.

3. Those that believe they are stupid or ugly will convey that in their resulting actions, merely changing your belief in your self image to a positive aspect will change the body language and effect the attitude and reactions of others towards you.

#54467 - 05/15/11 08:45 AM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Just as children need a father and a mother figure to develop, adults need some kind of figure which can give basic references on how to act and live with others. The wanted god is but a psychological need rooted in any of us.

I am inclined to agree because I am inclined (keep in mind my use of the word inclined, I'm not totally sold on this) to believe the theory that neurotheologist Matthew Alper argues that the human brain is evolutionarily "hardwired" to believe. The theory is quite logical but neurotheology is a young field of study and there has yet to be any major hard evidence.

That said-

Originally Posted By: blackzach
Your logic is flawed I do believe. Simply because the masses believe a certain something to be true does not mean this ideal moves out of the realm of mental illness. I do adhere to the fact that the masses are indeed neurotic.

I would have to agree with Zach here. Mental illness does not mean unusual minds. Anxieties, moments of depression, nervousness, phobias, ect. are all subtle forms of mental illness (although that term may feel a little strong), and are normal functions of all our brains. Even the stronger ideas of mental illness are coping mechanisms built into the brain, not at all abnormal or unusual under the circumstances they occur.

Which happens quite alot with atheistic individuals wherein people like Dawkins and Brian Greene are the idols.

Perfect words before I could say them, and the perfect example of what I'm trying to get at. The need to believe is the manifestation of a more basic need, the need for authority.

It seems to me that evolution has set up a simple successful model to extend itself outside of genetics and into social structure for the survival of social animals. A few that try new things (the element of randomness previously found in DNA mutation and crossbreeding) and the many that follow those that appear successful in their new things. The distinction between the two is easily made in the psyche of whether or not one requires authority or not.

God is the idea of ultimate authority. Belief of the majority is the interface of majority behavior with their needs, environment, and some sly fellows that managed to pull the strings on that god puppet.

This is why I insist the battle on religion isn't such a big deal. You can fight the need to believe all you want. Even if you win it won't change the nature of social animals.

#54469 - 05/15/11 09:35 AM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Dimitri]
Dark Beauty Offline
stranger

It almost seems you are saying that every religionist isn't capable of reasoning or using logic.
Religion is just that one thing to oversimplify life, a reference of ideological morals. God, in the light of psychology, shouldn't be seen as yet another fairy-tale but as a fictive reference. Just as children need a father and a mother figure to develop, adults need some kind of figure which can give basic references on how to act and live with others. The wanted god is but a psychological need rooted in any of us.

You can see that same trend developed in the beginning Satanist wherein ASL assumes the referenced place. In Luciferianism there is lucifer etc.. And if one person doesn't fit the bill then idolatry start to occur. Which happens quite alot with atheistic individuals wherein people like Dawkins and Brian Greene are the idols.

While its not wise to begin an argument on the premise of "each", "every", and "all," one must ask, why would any rational or logical human being seek religion?
There is no NEED to believe. There are only needs which perpetuate our survival: food, clothing, shelter, and sex, for the further continuation of a species.

Religion does just the opposite in terms of oversimplifying life – it overcomplicates it. Though religion can be used to reference morals, its own compass is so destroyed by its own hypocritical tenets, unreasonable guidance examples, and blatant implementation of segregational theories, that there is now a very recognizable divide between religion, morals, and ethics.

The God concept shouldn't be viewed as another fictive reference, unless, it is taught as just that––a concept. One of ultimate human perfection attained in an aspect of life.

Using God to determine how to treat and live with others has been manifested for centuries in the state of mankind: war, famine, segregation, intolerance, misogyny, and murder, not to mention a force which asks of human sacrifices, impregnates women, and so forth. If this is where one develops their interpersonal skills, there is no surprise for the result of poverty, imprisonment, being killed, dying of disease, bigotry, and so forth.

We can replace the word "God" with guidance. There is no psychological need for an entity by something which is human. That idea can only be predicated by something human to begin with. As those who aren't delusional can confirm, spirits can't speak and have no effect on the tangible world. You'd be better off worshipping electricity. At least that makes sense.

Self-mastery and confidence eliminate the desire, or need, for idolatry. For idolatry to take place, there has to be a disconnect in one's own self-knowledge, in order to place anyone, or anything else, above one's greater good. This relates to the ignorance of the masses maintained by the elite in all fields. Blindness to one's self is the worst ignorance of all.

#54477 - 05/15/11 11:49 AM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Dark Beauty]
Thule Offline
temp banned
pledge

The problem I have with this is that people consider christianity, religion and a belief in god to be the same thing. I do not. I can believe in god or be religious in a totally anti-Christian way.

So therein lies the logical fallacy- Christianity is wrong= religion wrong= god is wrong.

They aren't the same.

Also different people are different. Maybe some people are hard wired to believe and others not. That is the main assumption in our culture today (all people are essentially the same) which I don't buy into.

Instead of claiming "fear" is the root of x-ianity it might be better said "weakness" is the root of it. Fear coming from weakness. The other half are those who don't believe in x-ianity but exploit it for their own purpose. Those would generally be the people who incite the masses to kill savages (competition) for they don't want to lose their control over the herd.

The average Christian doesn't have much of a will of his own so it does not seem he would be likely to accomplish or desire anything like destroying others. Most Christians attack other religions because their religious masters tell them too. This is used as a devise to control them, for they must have absolute fanatical faith in what they do, otherwise they may be forced to evaluate the world and think for themselves. Yes they do fear entertaining foriegn ideas because then responsibility would rest on them rather than on their book or their masters.

They want a simple world where they can simply be told the reality they are living in and told what to do in life and can follow others and derive their power from that of other people.

Indeed why would a wolf argue with a sheep? Why would the wolf need to convince the sheep that the sheep's life is not rational? It simply is what it is.

The weaker the person is (or the longer his conditioning is) the less likely he or she will leave the sheep thoughts.

However some stronger people have simply been raised in the slave religion so with a little nudging will leave it.

Similarly a weak person raised Satanist will be Satanist only in word, but become a "sheep" like Christian follower.

The religion doesn't make the man- the man makes the religion. The weak will be attracted to sheep ways of thinking and the strong with warrior ways of thinking.

In the same way a strong person raised Christian will more or less act like a satanist and become only christian in outer form or in term only.

It's all about weakness or strength.

So once you realize someone will not respond to logic, yes might as well stop arguing with them, but in some rare cases you might find some logical people.

Interesting side story: I once met a man in church who was getting a college degree in mathmatics. I debated the Bible with him and he was very knowledgeable, very smart, always completely logical. He would in bring up many good points, but in the end say "you are right". That's right- he admitted what I said was right. No other Christian had done this. They usually use the illogical to argue logic, or get emotional.

But in the end despite the lack of rational reason for the religion he accepted it. I suppose out of an emotional need. Probably also this was where his friends and family were (the church). I have seen that quite often.

This is one reason I shifted my own religion to be about "actions" rather than belief. If a person goes to the "temple" does the rituals, lives his life according to the morals and customs then he is a member, belief is not involved.

Belief is mostly emphasized only in slave religions, because it involves submission. Islam literally means submission. Christians literally become "children of christ". etc.

In pagan religions belief played very little role. It is what you are. Either you are a Greek (and thus follow Greek customs, rituals etc.) or you aren't. It doesn't matter what you believe. Judaism today still retains this "tribalistic" aspect of religion.

We can see it in Buddhism as well. You are encouraged to question. Buddhism is not so much about belief but about "right action" you live your life in a buddhist way or you don't. You can be x-ian and buddhist at the same time.

Similar with Taosim and so on.

A person could be Satanist and also a Taoist. Or satanist and also pagan. Satanist also buddhist. But a person can't be satanist and Christian. Christian is exclusive, and it also is based totally on belief (in theory).

Again it's all about control.

Edited by Thule (05/15/11 11:59 AM)

#54480 - 05/15/11 01:45 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Thule]
Dark Beauty Offline
stranger

@ Thule

True, belief in God and religion are not the same thing. However, God is a concept and religion is the organizational structure of that concept.

If Christianity is perceived as wrong, and Christianity is a religion, than yes both would be false. God is not incorrect when applied as a concept, instead of an invisible all-governing force use to manipulate human beings.

Satanism is classified as a philosophy and a religion. My inclination is based on a philosophic and Atheistic nature. Although I have a strong background in the magical arts, I don't utilize that aspect very much. I chose to dwell primarily in the intellectual realm of Satanism, and rarely in the religious realm.

I consider Satanism 'the Anti-Religion' since its practice and doctrines are based on man's enjoyment and satisfaction derived from every urge and desire. Adhering to one's instincts needs no interference from a deity, godhead, or floating entity.

Anyone who has the assumption that "all people are the same" either were born and raised in socialist countries and are completely ignorant, or are clinically retarded. The disparity between wealth and poverty throughout the world is unhinging.

" The average Christian doesn't have much of a will of his own so it does not seem he would be likely to accomplish or desire anything like destroying others. Most Christians attack other religions because their religious masters tell them too. This is used as a devise to control them, for they must have absolute fanatical faith in what they do, otherwise they may be forced to evaluate the world and think for themselves. Yes they do fear entertaining foriegn ideas because then responsibility would rest on them rather than on their book or their masters. "

The very Bible the Christian quotes from speaks of his own free will. He just hands it over like change going into a collection plate while he signs onto madness. Christians don't accomplish or desire anything like destroying others? Have you been tied up in a basement sense birth? Read the Bible, then... you know what, you can fast forward to googling Terry Jones. There are so many ways you could be ripped for that statement alone...but I'll let have you have your Sabbath day.

Christians don't need pastors to incite attacks. Nor does man always need a reason to kill. Christians, like other animals, simply respond to uncontrolled urges to defend what they have given birth to ( albeit ideology or their young). Yet I have more respect for the animal. True to its instincts, animals don't protect their young based on faith, but on biological evidence that the particular animal came from its womb and is of its family.

Religion doesn't make the man, man makes the religion? Really? Well, man has failed. But only an insane man pledges his allegiance to a religion which creates a manual for and fosters centuries of bloodshed, as well as other human atrocities while claiming perfection, holiness, righteousness, moral superiority, and obedience. How schizo and hypocritical?

The man you debated agreed with you to appease you, knowing sooner or later you'd bow down to his ever-powerful trump card--faith. Belief can be proven, but faith creates delusional evidence for the unseen and unproven. So how can one on the fence not fold?

Someone whose royal flush consists of many faith cards is already ripe for the slaughter. This is insight into their decision making process and gives the wiser man an opportunity to add them unknowingly to his ranks. What better soldier than one who asks no questions, requires no evidence, and bases his entire life on something unproven and theoretically impossible, all to be manipulated by the next looney cultist in a cheap Sunday suit. What a waste of life.

#54483 - 05/15/11 01:56 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Dark Beauty]
Hegesias Offline

Well, considering that experiments in quantum physics reveal that we are all made of subatomic particle waves and only perceive what is necessary to survive in our ecosystem, what perpetuates the stream of causality from beyond the 4th dimension can be seen as god, raw data, although I would regard black holes as the dark gods of all creation and destruction, the universe eventually coming to one black hole state via entropic heat death— primal Chaos. And if you think about it, we reach and become with that primal state instantaneously upon death considering that causality and perception cease.

But anyway, since humans stimulate their ego almighty with ordered nonsense, the most fixated are the most vulnerable victims, of their own beliefs. If we can realise this and realise that we have the ability to alter our beliefs we free ourselves from the creeping fractures that rigid belief is prone to by smashing the belief to the ground and rebuilding on hard earned experience.

We who are active nihilist' have nothing in common except that we eventually value a master morality based on instinct. Why? Because even if you don't believe you inexplicably feel.

#54492 - 05/15/11 08:03 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
Hello \:\)

Quote:
I learned a long time ago it is not worth arguing with religious folk.

It is even better for me, I will have the last word.

Quote:
These very people push into the trusting and delicate minds of children their very own fears and delusions .If faith based mentality was replaced over night with a rational objective approach to reality,Most of these peoples emotional and mental health would crumble in days.

You write as if you had no fears or delusions. Lucky you! You are unique. What about the thought that only your views are rational and people who do not share them are stupid, naive or, worse, mentally disturbed? Is not that a delusion? What makes you different from Christians?

And what is reality? Can we view reality objectively, if it is filtered through our senses and emotions? The environment in which we live, people whom we meet, our biology, our beliefs, our personality, the level of education, even our changing mood, they all shape the way in which we view reality.

All people have fears and illusions. The way in which we view the world is very subjective and religion is a way of perceiving, explaining and judging reality. You would say that judging the facts and altering them is not the same. People who deny scientific facts do it because of their close-mindedness and plain ignorance. Faith does not interfere with science, because it belongs to the realm of the spirit not matter.

#54493 - 05/15/11 08:36 PM Re: The Need to Believe [Re: Zach_Black]
Autodidact Offline

You are correct that the basis is "fear", but you extrapolate too far and mistake survivalist-emotional fear with intellectual fear.

Diavolo almost got it right in stating it's evolutionarily beneficial, but it's not religion per se, it's the deference to a tribal leader to make decisions and call the shots. Usually the most powerful got to lead the clan, and usually that meant better survival for that clan. What most people are "hard-wired" to do is delegate the thinking and dealing with unknowns to that leader - it's a heuristic that also saves on brain power.

I think it barely falls short of a need, but there's no denying that human brains are bred to work that way, and it certainly saves a lot of time and energy for them. If they continue to actually survive and procreate, then by definition it's a successful survival strategy.

Understanding that humans work like this is helpful. Judging them inferior for being what they are is pointless, and, I might add, a tad egotistical. Why waste the energy? Simply exploit it. Unless you have a need to believe so ;\)

If you doubt that it is the fear of losing " control" and letting go that fuels religious fever and devotion consider this question…
Why would Organized Religion launch crusades to exterminate entire cultures ,population and races?

It's Tosh.0, put 20 seconds on the clock:
More power
More land
More money
More resources
Destroy an enemy
Give the aristocrats something to do
Political gains
Political distraction
Ooh, we're out of time ...

It was necessary to rid the world of people who reminded them of what it is like to not live in a world based on fear ,control,rigidity and repression.The righteous will not tolerate being reminded of what they gave up in the way of life, love and happiness to pursue their " faith" .Ironically ....They gave up the one thing they claim they value above anything else.The only thing they hope to reunite in some mystical intangible everlasting bless with their Lord. Their very essence,their soul.

Here (as above) you are confusing faith with power. Most of the time, it's necessary to get rid of people who give the masses hope of not living in fear. Religion is useful as a tool in this context, but in this case the main driver is power.

The universal need to believe should be looked at as a mass induced psychosis. A protective mechanism early man evolved after the horror,uncertainty and isolation he must of felt leaving the comfort of the jungle for the open fields towards the unknown.

Your main thrust is basically correct, but I say again - if you acknowledge that humans evolved with this behavior, how can you expect them to be something else?

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.