Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54592 - 05/17/11 01:43 AM Question about The 600 Club World Map
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
The World Map feature/link here on the site kicks ass. I want it. I spent a while looking for that exact same map in google maps. But, I can not find it. Can someone please help me locate it? Link or embed code would be awesome . Thank You

Edited by blackzach (05/17/11 01:43 AM)

#54618 - 05/17/11 02:12 PM Re: Question about The 600 Club World Map [Re: Zach_Black]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think you best PM Xear about it. I'm not sure but I don't think anyone besides him knows much about the core of the club.

D.

#54619 - 05/17/11 02:36 PM Re: Question about The 600 Club World Map [Re: Zach_Black]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I took a look at the page source and it looks like it's part of the UBBThreads software that the forum runs on. I searched the name of the .php doc along with UBB Threads and found several forums running the same map feature so I'm pretty confident that this is the case. It probably won't work outside of UBB as these things tie to specific data within the users table.

Maybe the software you're running has something similar?

#54645 - 05/18/11 03:05 AM Re: Question about The 600 Club World Map [Re: Fnord]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
Thank you for taking the time to look into it Fnord . My software allows me to embed widgets. But not this particular one. I guess I will send a private message to Xear and see what he can suggest. I was hoping it would be an easy issue with just cutting and pasting a code.

#54654 - 05/18/11 10:27 AM Re: Question about The 600 Club World Map [Re: Zach_Black]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Incidentally, in poking around looking for this, I did some reading over at UBBThreads. They really do offer a pretty cool software package for online communities. There are many features, including the forum and map, that come standard with the basic install including user blogs, portals and a bunch of other stuff. I thought vBulletin (more expensive) was the only board software offering this stuff out of the box.

Anyway, good luck. I don't think it will work outside of this software though as it uses specific fields from the user table to populate the map. Unless your user table is set up exactly the same way (and the links to the table) it won't work.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.