Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54637 - 05/18/11 12:11 AM EVIL?
Cerberus Offline
lurker

Good evening, Friends.
I have just finished a short conversation with my father on the topic of "crime." He states that this is relative to the laws of the land in that whatsoever they ban then becomes what many call "evil". With great respect to those whom are convinced that evil is what anyone dislikes and good is what anyone likes. I am so deeply in love with LOGIC, the idea which I hail as the standard of all that is. Logically, I see "evil" as any act which has wrongfully harmed, affronted, or imposed cost to someone. For example, I believe I have the right to consume all the beer I want just as long as I do not steal anyone else's. If I do, I have committed evil. If I were to witness a man draw a .357 magnum revolver from his belt and crisply cock it only to blow another man's rib through his kidney, laugh and walk away, have I observed an act of evil? If the man who was shot had stolen the identity of the shooter and cleared out his bank account for over $25,000, certainly not.
People, Logic is a great force. Don't you see it? I know you do. It's the reason the piston rings in your vehicle aren't made of chocolate. It's the reason we address one another as "Sir" and "Madam" for the sake of human dignity. It is the reason I hail children as Gods and Goddesses among us for the sake of innocence. I have this burgeoning weight in me that makes me think of this all the time. I love logic, women, and good so much, it's overwhelming.
The law of the land does not determine what is crime or is not. "Ultimately, do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" said The late Sir Allastor Crowley. As a Satanist, I cannot hold my belief in free thought to myself. Evil should be defined as the wrongful encroachment upon another. Too many are convinced that the laws of this land as according to politics can rewrite what is right and wrong. What if I blow my nose and etch in the snot that I am the only one who shall operate a paddleball and anyone else who does shall be punished by death and then pick up a length of steel pipe? Does that make it right if I kill someone who I see playing paddleball? It certainly does not. That is exactly what American Tyranny is doing.

"We are defined by the limits we choose to accept." Author Unknown

Shemhamforash.

Edited by Cerberus (05/18/11 12:33 AM)
Edit Reason: I found typing errors. I am not a killed tyist.

#54640 - 05/18/11 12:59 AM Re: EVIL? [Re: Cerberus]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Evil should be defined as the wrongful encroachment upon another.

Here's the problem; "evil" and "wrong" are subjective terms. Sure, many of us might agree on what constitutes those things but not all will. Who get's to define what is good/bad/wrong/right for everyone else and on what authority?

Also, this is the wrong forum for this post. The Philosophy sub-forum would have been a better place.

I moved the topic... Morgan

Edited by Morgan (05/18/11 12:20 PM)
Edit Reason: info

#54663 - 05/18/11 01:50 PM Re: EVIL? [Re: Cerberus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Cerberus
With great respect to those whom are convinced that evil is what anyone dislikes and good is what anyone likes. I am so deeply in love with LOGIC, the idea which I hail as the standard of all that is. Logically, I see "evil" as any act which has wrongfully harmed, affronted, or imposed cost to someone.

Your idea is not different because it is based upon logic, as it being quite identical, and based upon the same personal preference others use to value what is good or bad. The keyword you should pay attention to is “wrongfully”. Here we encounter the same personal interpretation others use to define good or bad. You do nothing different but merely use a different word for something similar; wrongfully is bad, rightfully is good.

Ask yourself the question: who decides which is which and you'll see it yourself.

D.

#54667 - 05/18/11 03:38 PM Re: EVIL? [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
D and 6 hit the nail on the head. The idea of 'objective' morality requires an arbiter, a written in stone reference by which all actions can be measured. Lacking such a standard(as it would seem we are), right and wrong are left as contextual judgment calls, and nothing more.

Certainly we are wired for empathy, which can to a sort of foundation based on the 'golden rule' on which complex moral systems can be and are built, but even that foundation remains ultimately arbitrary and open to interpretation.

'Good'(in a moral sense) can only ever mean 'I agree' when stripped of pretense.

#54679 - 05/18/11 08:55 PM Re: EVIL? [Re: Cerberus]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
First comes the awakening of "root" Evil (ant-imorality) which makes us wonder what is it that acquaints us with the prescence of the Self while we ourselves are greatly immersed in it. This seperation from the all-embracing, all-submerging Self is the function of the Intelligence or Mind, for it is because of this that we crave for atomicism or material things. Here lies a pragmatic tetralemma of humans: 1) material possessions are craved, 2) sensible sensuousness surrounds humankind that soaks human intellect, 3) enters into every fiber and cell of human tissues, and 4) is indeed 'human-Self'. Yet, the vast majority of humans do not realize it and seek things outside themselves even beyond which suits the Self. (This ponderance is the retarded beguine or dance known as goodness.)

Evil is a mischief-worker, and yet without it we shall never be able to wake up the greater one (Self). It separates us from corporeal property in which we live. If not for this separation, we should be forever found slumbering under physical Life stupidly blind and ignorant. The only trouble is when we look for concepts of things in words or combinations, and the result is that you know nothing, understand nothing, and when necessary people to your vitality ask for help: you completely fail to satisfy them because you have not realized Evil.

The-Infernal-One

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.