Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54650 - 05/18/11 06:59 AM Question
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
If I want to just quote a sentence or two of someones post,how do I do this? I tried highlighting the sentence and selecting 'quote' and 'quick quote'. Every time that action seems to quote the entire post?

#54651 - 05/18/11 07:37 AM Re: Question [Re: Zach_Black]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
The best way I know of is to hit "Reply" at the bottom of the person's post, which will take you to the Full Reply Screen.

Select which text you wish to quote, and then click on the little quotation mark icon above the text input field. Paste the text between the quote /quote, and put your response below it.

Or, alternatively, you can use the "Quote" function which you mentioned, and simply cut and delete which ever parts of the quote you're not addressing. I'm not sure which method would be faster. Both take about the same number of steps.

#54658 - 05/18/11 11:33 AM Re: Question [Re: Nemesis]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You can also manually type the [ quote ] or [ quote=sexyboy ] and end with [ /quote ]. Without the added spaces of course.

D.

#54672 - 05/18/11 04:50 PM Re: Question [Re: Diavolo]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I write longer posts in Word myself. It gives the brain to hand signal more time to hit reply. Simple things like this I just type in the box. Most url's images or quotes I will just type out the code. I rarely use the buttons for anything except a quick font color change.

BB code is simple enough once you know it.

~T~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.