Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#54818 - 05/21/11 01:57 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dave Pellani]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"The point being the unfolding of natural disasters that tend to affect particular populations, geographic, and demographic areas, as well as populations that live and die by following certain creeds or philosophies. There are quite a lot of these incidents, and they do follow a particular pattern right up to this very day."

Natural disasters, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tidal waves, and the plague.

Yes, they happen repeatably over time due to wind currents, ocean currents, fault lines, and stupidity. People know they live in an area with a history of major damage, but they stay and live there anyway. People have the knowledge, but they just don't really give a shit and think "god" will protect them.

Its like when there was a great drought in Africa years ago, and people were raising money. They need to move to where the water is. If you just stay in a place that will kill you, don't bitch when you almost die from it.

What divine interventionmakes me think of....
http://www.divine-interventions.com/index2.php

M

#54819 - 05/21/11 02:18 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Morgan]
Dave Pellani Offline
Banned. Moron.
pledge

Loc: Hawaii USA
Thanks for the lesson in Geology and Geography, narrow and short sighted as it may be. You need to study a little more, so when you go on one of your emotional tyrades it will make more sense, at least to those who know nothing about the subject. That leaves nobody's turf in a safe zone, as far as that all goes.

Life wouldn't be any fun without taking a few risks, wouldn't you agree?

#54835 - 05/21/11 09:57 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dave Pellani]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
 Quote:
I will go out on a limb, by sticking with “Divine Intervention” as a circumstance through which, at least some of these changes, do indeed occur.

I challenge you to prove it. You will have enough trouble, as Hume well knew, merely trying to show that a particular event has a definitively non-natural origin, let alone that it can be ascribed to a divine being possessing specific attributes.

Quote:
I believe that life and the universe are far too complex in “circumstancial” make up, to be just an accident.

Argument from incredulity

Quote:
That denotes a “creator” as is hinted in the Satanic Bible and Luciferian philosophy. Obviously, the LaVeyan doors are being left open to possibilities that may appeal to a broader audience, that at least appears to be all inclusive.

Provide strong evidence for such a creator, keeping this in mind. Someone else can demolish his illusions concerning the Satanic Bible; I'm tired of spoon-feeding idiots.

Quote:
I would use the example of the common shell fish, in it’s primordial simplicity and lack of complexity compared to many other higher forms of life. If Darwin, for example, decided that this was a fair comparison to the evolvement of human life and the human consciousness,, then whatever he was smoking, he can keep it to himself.

"Evolvement" isn't a word. Using the Satanic Bible as an atlas for inverted "Answers in Genesis" creationism will get you nowhere.

Quote:
I don’t have official statistics, but I think the most hardened Atheist or empiricist would have a hard time arguing the methodology behind numbers that tend to add up and/or follow a particular pattern. The point being the unfolding of natural disasters that tend to affect particular populations, geographic, and demographic areas, as well as populations that live and die by following certain creeds or philosophies. There are quite a lot of these incidents, and they do follow a particular pattern right up to this very day. I would even go as far as to say it primarily affects Hindus, Moslems, Christians, and Jews for the most part. This may sound a little homophobic, silly, or even extreme, but that’s the chance I take.

Congratulations, you just enumerated 68.22% of the global population. (Source)

Quote:
Superstition, maybe, but I really don’t think so. Keep a close eye out for it.

You need that advice far more than most of us do.

Z.

#54839 - 05/21/11 11:58 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Ghostly1]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Pardon me almighty admins and mods for the one-liner.

Ghostly1:
If you can't think and read the given responses in its whole but instead choose to pick out little bits you didn't quite get (despite them being clear when remaining in the full response): refrain from commenting and think for a change.

#54841 - 05/21/11 12:54 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dave Pellani]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
How narrow and short sighted is it?

Things happen in the same regions and area all the time. Going back over hundreds of years.

Tornado alley, Fault lines in Cali, hurricanes in Florida, Tsunamis in the far east, volcanoes in Italy and where ever. Its all a fucking pattern. How stupid do you have to be not to see it.

Its not an emotional tirade, its just common fucking sense.

You live in an area with a history of that shit, you have to be aware of the possibilities. You can't or shouldn't cry when that kinda shit happens.

As for people of various nationalities being singled out to be hurt or punished by a godform. They just seem to live in a area whereby shit happens. Sandstorms, droughts, and camel spit.

Its not a matter of taking risks. Its a matter of being aware, taking calculated risks, and seeing if the risk is worth the payoff.

If the payoff isn't worth it, why risk anything.
Then again, I am older and did enough dumb risk stunts already.

Morgan

ps, Yeah,I'm a chick, but you haven't seen an emotional tirade from me yet. People tend to bleed when I get pissed off and go into a well deserved tirade.

#54850 - 05/21/11 03:40 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Zophos]
Dave Pellani Offline
Banned. Moron.
pledge

Spoon feeding idiots….Being in denial of at least parts of your own scripture (assuming you read such things) is a common trait of, but not limited to, what I call fundie Christendom, and some of them are not even aware of it. It is a sure recipe for long term organizational failure and disconnect. You can also substitute with heavy doses of comedy, or Sci Fi fantasy, as an emotional appeasement.

There is also what I call the four animal propensities: (eating, sleeping, mating and defending) Even though we have a ritual that is an illustrative simulation of man’s inherent propensity to be animalistic, at times, it obviously does not speak for the entire philosophy. Any more than a ritual that is designed simply to blaspheme Judeo Christianity, can easily be taken out of context, and where such a blasphemy is not deemed to be politically correct in public forums, and the rightful denial of a Christian God is understood as denial, period. We can definitely “understand and discern” what is good for us, and what is not, and make appropriate adjustments, but an animal can’t do that, any more that it can wire an F 18, or build a pyramid that lasts for more than 5000 years, and where the most modern and sophisticated mathematical and architectural brains still can’t figure it out, including mental midgets like you! So, if simply being an animal who can spell, read, and write, is the end game, I can’t think of a better classic example of “Herd Mentality”

Welcome to the herd, Homie!

#54852 - 05/21/11 04:12 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dave Pellani]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Dave, you've been given good reasoning and examples for why your thinking is misguided already. I will try to make it clearer for you, though I'm sure this is probably an act of futility.

First off, I don't care what you think the Satanic Bible says or implies. It is just a book. I'm not going to bother trying to force my interpretation of it on you, though I think you might want to read the book again.

Second, we understand, for the most part, the mechanisms that cause natural disasters. A general understanding of these can be achieved with just a little study. If a disaster happens in India, mostly Hindus will be affected. If a tornado goes through tornado alley, mostly Christians will be affected. This is not because of a super being or force that doesn't like Hindus or Christians. Mostly Hindus live in India and mostly Christians live in tornado alley.

Your thoughts on the beginning of life are just ignorant. The theory of evolution has shown to be accurate. Research into abiogenesis has made great progress in showing how life could arise from non-living materials.

You need to stop looking for answers in some religious text. Instead of some speculation from what seems to be true from your singular perspective, do some research and find out what others have done in search for such answers. Your ignorance is your own fault.

#54853 - 05/21/11 04:26 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Morgan]
Dave Pellani Offline
Banned. Moron.
pledge

O K I'll put my titanium girdle on, just for you sweetie! I've been chased, threatened, and cursed, many times, so one more won't make any diff, and I'm sure it won't be the last. But I'm really not trying to be mean to you, unless you want me to.

I don't know who's crying, it sure as hell isn't me. It must be Zoph, or whatever the fuck he calls himself, assuming it's a "him". I think it's more laughable. Again, you're missing the entire point, and I don't intend to spend all weekend arguing with you about it. There is more to it than just natural events of disaster. Yes indeed, shit happens, and not always in ways you expect. Your knowledge of geology should include a phenomenon known as the "Super Volcano", which one of the most deadly and predictably disasterous is in Yellowstone National Park, that would take every piece of New York with it, and potentially the entire Northern Hemisphere, for that matter. Also, you overlooked the volcanic activity in the Canary Islands, which would, or could, generate a tsumani that would swallow the entire Eastern seaboard of the United States. Need I go further? There is an entire encyclopedia of it.

So when I say "no safe zone" you'll know what I'm sayin. No need to be concerned for volcanoes in the Pacific Rim, becasue I'm not concerned about it. And I live 10 miles from something that glows like a cancle in the middle of the night. So enough of this crap about who's crying. It would be nothing to pack up my shit and move to another state. I've been living here for 30 years, and you can best believe I knew exactly what I was getting in to.

When these Christian kooks talk about the end of the world, which is today, I guess, they use the same logic, in reverse.

Assuming you don't believe in any "godform", including Satan, then that entirely explains your concern. So, you see it your way, and I see it mine. Who wins the battle, and who wins the war is not my mission in this particular forum. We simply air out ideas, controversial as some of them may be. And, who likes it and who doesn't, I really couldn't give a shit. I guess that's obvious. It just pisses me off with this open ended ridicule of ideas that tend to be outside the box.. Maybe what they should do is take an ideological survey on potential members before they let them in here. It would save us all alot of aggravation and bullshit.

Edited by Dave Pellani (05/21/11 04:55 PM)

#54855 - 05/21/11 08:35 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dave Pellani]
Zophos Offline

Dave Pellani:

Quote:
O K I'll put my titanium girdle on, just for you sweetie! I've been chased, threatened, and cursed, many times, so one more won't make any diff, and I'm sure it won't be the last. But I'm really not trying to be mean to you, unless you want me to.

I doubt that Morgan will like being called "sweetie" in a patronizing manner by someone she presumably doesn't know.

Apropos of which, has it ever occurred to you that there might be a causal connection between acting like a jackass and being "chased, threatened, and cursed"? Perhaps I'm wrong, but there just might be.

Quote:
I don't know who's crying, it sure as hell isn't me. It must be Zoph, or whatever the fuck he calls himself, assuming it's a "him". I think it's more laughable.

If it were up to me, this nth display of puerile solipsism would have earned you a one-way ticket to the Hall of Shame. Unfortunately it is not up to me.

The brute fact that you characterize dissenting conclusions and my demand for evidence as "crying" is more than enough to convince me that you have no real desire for critical discussion on the topic you yourself raised. That you have not only failed to address, let alone counter, the very basic objections put against your claims, but have also consistently replied with incoherent reasoning and petty retorts, only cements this judgment in my mind beyond all restitution. Like all creationists, you implicitly expect others to cater to your assertions, and become indignant when anyone offers penetrating skepticism against you. In response, I will say to you what I would say to any creationist here: get used to it or find another forum. Pretentiousness is dealt with swiftly here, and you will not be coddled simply because you feel entitled to proclaim the validity of a belief without supporting evidence.

Quote:
Again, you're missing the entire point, and I don't intend to spend all weekend arguing with you about it. There is more to it than just natural events of disaster. Yes indeed, shit happens, and not always in ways you expect. Your knowledge of geology should include a phenomenon known as the "Super Volcano", which one of the most deadly and predictably disasterous is in Yellowstone National Park, that would take every piece of New York with it, and potentially the entire Northern Hemisphere, for that matter. Also, you overlooked the volcanic activity in the Canary Islands, which would, or could, generate a tsumani that would swallow the entire Eastern seaboard of the United States. Need I go further? There is an entire encyclopedia of it.

Na und? Your claim was that natural disasters "primarily [affect] Hindus, Moslems, Christians, and Jews for the most part" (which for some or no reason you describe as being potentially "homophobic"). Listing natural disasters ad nauseam will not show that this revelation is of any significance. (At this point I very much doubt that anything would, for my part.) Either offer justification for your claim or stop babbling about peripheral events.

Quote:
Assuming you don't believe in any "godform", including Satan, then that entirely explains your concern. So, you see it your way, and I see it mine.

And the Christian minister sees it his. Does that make him right too?

Quote:
Who wins the battle, and who wins the war is not my mission in this particular forum.

Read that again. What you have just said is that, despite going through the trouble of making assertions on a public forum, you have no interest in supporting them when challenged. Why even make them in the first place if they serve no purpose even to you?

Quote:
We simply air out ideas, controversial as some of them may be.

I am immediately suspicious of anyone who is able to say this after three months here. A cursory glance at the threads would easily cure your ignorance. If someone brings forward a set of claims anywhere on this forum, he or she had better be able to defend them.

Quote:
I guess that's obvious. It just pisses me off with this open ended ridicule of ideas that tend to be outside the box..

What you call "open ended [sic] ridicule" might be more accurately called "open-ended skepticism." If you don't like having your views challenged, you've come to the wrong place.

Quote:
Maybe what they should do is take an ideological survey on potential members before they let them in here. It would save us all alot of aggravation and bullshit.

I find it paradoxically more obnoxious and more entertaining to watch people make fools of themselves through a public medium. The consequences of derision and nonchalant mockery are usually deserved.

Z.

#54856 - 05/21/11 08:40 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Zophos]
Jake999 Offline

Welcome back Zophos. I know it's the wrong topic... but welcome back. \:\)

#54860 - 05/21/11 09:38 PM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Jake999]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
Morgan hit on what I was trying to convey pretty well. Despite all the warning signs, and symptoms people continue to defy nature and stand proud till the next natural disaster strikes. many of those truly believing God had spared them and their home.

Chance, not luck, and of course a myriad of other small circumstances which dictated the course of whatever natural action took place.

This thread was meant to be open ended, hence the title.

As for my preferences for commenting....

Dimitri: I read your entire posting. Whether or not I choose to waste words and comment on all your points, some of which I actually agreed with...I find a waste and unnecessary. I didnt mention twice I quoted parts of your posts and my spell checker caught your errors and fixed them, later postings I left unfixed. If my lack of detail is troubling to you, that is for you to dwell on and not me. I dont mind comments, or criticism as it only broadens my understanding of thoughts I would have otherwise kept to myself. Keeping things to ones self is unproductive, and you dont learn anything unless you actually challenge ideas in a forum such as this one. One of a few it would actually be appropriate for, and possibly appreciated. Im not a university scholar. I earned my knowledge and experience the old fashioned way. Slower, and possibly less efficient, but that was where my steps took me. Real life has made me who I am today. At 21 years of age I was on foreign soil, rifle at the ready and all my belongings stuffed in a pack. There were no books, or forums. There was no internet.

To make a long story shorter, comments are always welcomed. Don't expect long ones all the time. That is entirely my prerogative.

#54865 - 05/22/11 12:38 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Jake999]
Zophos Offline

Cheers, Jake! Good to see you again. I'm happy to be back. To indulge in a little sentimentality, I didn't realize just how much I valued the company on this forum until I had been without it for several months. The 600 Club may attract slightly more than its share of malignant stupidity, but its upper echelon (speaking intellectually rather than administratively, despite a notable correlation) has never failed to provide valuable conversation and worthwhile insights.

Enough grab-ass and candy corn. My hopes that life is treating you well.

Z.

#54874 - 05/22/11 09:27 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dave Pellani]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Yes, it all makes sense now! I wasn't sure if I was on board at first, you know with the idea that natural disasters are the will of god and have nothing to do with those pesky naturalistic causes, but the fact that super-volcanoes exist completely cements your case. This is iron clad, impenetrable logic, just as you display in all your posts.

I would also like to point out that you are by far the most coherent writer and brilliant thinker to ever grace this forum, not to mention the mature way you conduct yourself.

Kudos, sir.

</sarcasm>

#54875 - 05/22/11 09:45 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think this makes a solid case against immigration. With the influx of foreigners during the last decades, we are surely increasing the odds this country will sooner or later suffer from volcanic eruptions or tsunamis.

D.

#54877 - 05/22/11 09:49 AM Re: Nature's Wrath; An Open ended Observation [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
That's a salient point! So by that logic we just need to get rid of those pesky religious people altogether and all natural disasters would stop.

Surely if we gathered them all into one area a supervolcano would open under their feet almost instantly.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.