Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54708 - 05/19/11 02:56 PM Old/"closed" thread section
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Most likely not the first time this has been brought up but couldnít find a precedent soÖ
Iíd like to bring up creating a new section solely dedicated to older threads that have either been locked or not replied to within a certain amount of time. Kind of like in a person to person conversation, they all end at some point. I think it would improve how easily the site can be navigated to current threads instead of having 500 threads in a section that havenít been responded to. Maybe itís just my dislike of clutter but I figured it was worth bringing to the table.

RING

#54785 - 05/20/11 11:40 AM Re: Old/"closed" thread section [Re: Ringmaster]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I understand where youíre coming from Ė perhaps an archives section. The problem is that if someone responded to one of those threads, it would become current. How would it get moved back into the proper section? It could be done manually, of course, but that would be a hassle.

New threads automatically push old threads toward the back of the bus. That seems sufficient to me.

#54794 - 05/20/11 03:12 PM Re: Old/"closed" thread section [Re: Ringmaster]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Before anyone else mentions it, it is true that archives files could all be locked and therefore read-only. However, sometimes people may want to reply to an old thread. Threads should be locked only because moderators consider replies to be undesirable and not simply because the threads are old. Again, I donít think changes are beneficial here.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.