Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#54889 - 05/22/11 12:38 PM Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
A big row has errupted in Britain as people who wish to protect their private lives from invasion from the media have taken out court injunctions, and individuals have broken those injunctions by naming names on Twitter and Facebook.

Globalism produces one nasty side effect that the legal strengths of a nation like Britain can be destroyed by people on the internet. Most of the big internet companies are American and run under American law, which means:

1. defamation actions are harder to pursue.
2. hate and invasion of privacy can be done under freedom of speech.

British citizens are unable to protect our own privacy under British laws because of the internet and American laws.

Of course being a carrier the Twitter and Facebook claims they are not liable for what is posted on their networks, however as shown by Wikileaks they can be made to enforce their own terms and conditions, but this can be horribly expensive when hundreds and thousands of people are delibrately abusing British law. The alternative is to have Facebook and Twitter banned totally and a full firewall imposed on Britain like they have in China and in Australia.

Edited by mabon2010 (05/22/11 12:39 PM)
Edit Reason: added link

#54891 - 05/22/11 01:47 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: mabon2010]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Twitter is a stalkers wet dream.

Facebook is the same way. You can only control what is posted on your own page. There is no privacy anywhere anymore. If you have any skeletons in your closet, its only a matter of time before they get pulled out.

And if not, there is always photoshop.

Morgan

#54895 - 05/22/11 02:17 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: mabon2010]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

People talk shit, deal with it. Before the internet the shit-talking was done face to face (though not always to the face of the person in question).

If you want your private life to remain as such, I suggest you keep to yourself and never interact with anyone.

#54912 - 05/22/11 06:00 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: mabon2010]
Czereda Online

Loc: Poland
There is so much talk about hackers and stalkers being very active on Facebook and Twitter. However, there is little work left for them to do as many people cheerfully reveal all the sensitive information about themselves.

You have little influence on what others say about you online or offline but you can still help yourself by keeping certain things secret, behind the so-called closed door.

#55743 - 06/12/11 04:56 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Czereda]
Meph9 Offline

If you can't defend your own privacy without the assistance of government or the law that's your own problem.

People say mean things, it happens. To say we should impose some sort of restrictions because mean things get said is not foolist it is a dangerous idea. I don't use either service(Twitter,Facebook) so I'm open to the that some of their posting rules and standards need to be examined again but not if that means suppressing our freedom of speech.

#55895 - 06/16/11 05:23 AM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Meph9]
Dialectical Offline
Banned Troll
stranger

The government should regulate speech in all forms. If it disagrees with what a person is saying, that person should be 1) indentured to hard labor 2) executed. Before you liberals get feisty on me you should imagine how much the economy would improve if we enslaved those who disagreed with the party line.
#55903 - 06/16/11 07:09 AM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dialectical]
Dedalus Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Considering some of the more sensitive issues discussed on this website, I'm sure that under those conditions the 600 club would be heavily affected by censorship, and we could all have fun slaving away together.

#55917 - 06/16/11 12:45 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dedalus]
Pizgatti Offline
stranger

Every website can set it's own privacy rules and speech regulation. However, when everyone gets tired of that someone will make a new site. When they start regulating the whole internet, we will do what we should have done and stop using it and start meeting in dark corners again. The internet may someday just be for the "original" AOL users like my mother, and those who want a quick search on a topic.

The rest of us will revert to books, logic, reason and being superior to everyone else because we actually appreciate literature. Duh.

#55921 - 06/16/11 01:27 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dialectical]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
The government should regulate speech in all forms. If it disagrees with what a person is saying, that person should be 1) indentured to hard labor 2) executed. Before you liberals get feisty on me you should imagine how much the economy would improve if we enslaved those who disagreed with the party line.

Wow. For someone who bitches about "Fascism" you sure seem to advocate a lot Fascist ideals.

You are a fucking idiot. Leave this site immediately.

#55933 - 06/16/11 06:15 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dialectical]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: Dialectical

Which government?

Points one and two are they concurrent, or to be carried out spaced apart?

Actually these things are already done the world over by friends of democracy such as North Korea, Libya, Syria and other wonderful places to have a holiday. Drinks will be served by those "free-thinkers" you mentioned wearing chains and dripping enough blood of their own into your martini to make it unfit for consumption.

If they spill the drink they can readily be shot, or killed by the visitors for a nominal fee.

You are a fucking moron.

Posting something about forced anything to your ideals proves you are not a Satanist, you are a conformist dressed in black attire. The Christians did this as well as Muslims to speak against the church was to be put to death.

You are in the wrong place.

#55934 - 06/16/11 06:25 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dialectical]
MattVanSickle84 Offline
stranger

Loc: London, UK
Sir,

You have specifically chosen to call yourself "Dialectical" (and so presumably are aware of the meaning of the word) and yet you believe in government regulated speech, dissent leading to execution?

I would say this leaves me speechless, but I wouldn't want to excite you...

M V-S

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

#55938 - 06/16/11 07:57 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: MattVanSickle84]
Jake999 Offline

Damn, Dialectical.

"The government should regulate speech in all forms. If it disagrees with what a person is saying, that person should be 1) indentured to hard labor 2) executed. Before you liberals get feisty on me you should imagine how much the economy would improve if we enslaved those who disagreed with the party line."

The party line around here is that we're pretty much in favor of freedom of speech, except when you talk about my mama... I don't mind if people talk about my mama, except that it causes bruises to appear on my knuckles and their face, somehow. Humor aside, this is just ignorant.

I know it's popular these days to say ignorant things, and even things you don't believe just to play games. We have several people here at the 600 Club who've been doing it for some time, and it's not my place to cull their asses. Lucky for them. But at least let some modicum of common sense prevail... maybe do a reality check before you come up with this kind of verbal diarrhea.

#55940 - 06/16/11 08:25 PM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dialectical]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Good thing you can say all of this from the comfort of your "capitalist" home, right in the heartland of the USA. Considering the shitty, Tetris-shaped state you currently reside in, it's no small wonder that you've dreamt up this wonderful fantasy of forced labor camps, Big Brother breathing down your neck, and each and every dissident thrown in a jail to rot for all eternity. I mean, good god, ANYTHING would be better than being surrounded by cornfields and cow shit.

I think we should all chip in and send our little Red Dialectical over to North Korea. Let us know how you like it over there, would you? Oh wait, you won't be able to, since they have nearly all websites blocked off to its citizens.

They wouldn't want anyone "disagreeing" with them!

Quote:
You have specifically chosen to call yourself "Dialectical" (and so presumably are aware of the meaning of the word) and yet you believe in government regulated speech, dissent leading to execution?

Matt, I think he's more interested in sounding "cool" than actually showing intelligence.

#55947 - 06/17/11 02:49 AM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Dialectical Offline
Banned Troll
stranger

[quote=6Satan6Archist6]
 Quote:

You are a fucking idiot. Leave this site immediately.

No. I personally don't care who you feel you are. You simply don't have any authority to make a command like that and expect a result. If you can't convince me to comply, then your command is futile in the first place. Why do you bother to give orders to show how strong you are?

This isn't a statement of disrespect, just a certain statement of fact. It's not my problem what you do or do not feel nor is it my fault that you feel one thing or another, that's completely under your control.

#55950 - 06/17/11 02:55 AM Re: Why Twitter and Facebook should be censored [Re: Dialectical]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Why are you on a site devoted to the LHP (read, individual sovereignty) preaching the joys of slavery? Where the fuck do you think you are, son?

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.