Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#54982 - 05/23/11 05:30 PM Super High Me
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
I caught this On-Demand about a week ago. Personally, I thought it was a mediocre movie which squandered whatever potential it could've had by focusing more on the lame comedy of the documentary's protagonist; as opposed to focusing on the efforts to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes in California and the federal government's attempt to undermine state sovereignty in an unconstitutional manner.

The jokes of, whatever his name is, were uninspired and the "scientific" approach that he took to using marijuana was slightly better than boring. The movie however could've been much more interesting if more attention would've been paid to the battle that dispensaries were waging against the DEA.

Has anyone else seen this? Any thoughts contrary, or in agreement?

#55002 - 05/24/11 01:30 AM Re: Super High Me [Re: Shea]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I saw it and I thought it was pretty good. Yes, it could have been done in a more serious manner but what can you expect from a movie made by a stand-up comedian with a name a like that? (referring of course to the name of the movie and not the comedian himself)

I would suggest other entries like "Waiting to Inhale: Marijuana, Medicine and Law", "Marijuana Inc.", "Grass: The History of Marijuana" and "High: The True Tale of American Marijuana".

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.012 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.