Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#55050 - 05/25/11 06:08 AM Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
Those that claim to be, or claim others to be an authority or a mover and shaker in the Left Hand Path are misguided.

The Left Hand Path is an individual thing, an individual who is attempting to manifest their full human potential using knowledge, skills and tools that are available to them in their personal paradigm. Since the individual is unique, and follows a path that must be individualistic in nature reflecting their individual needs and potential, how can they be an authority or mover and shaker, other than in their own lives?

The idea that an LHPer is a mover and shaker or authority infers a master and a bunch of followers, and this moves against the spirit of LHP, which is about manifesting the individual will, in an individual way, to achieve an individual state of apotheosis.

The LHP in spirit should be about a bunch of gods with no god above any other. If a person is considered a mover and shaker, it means they have become a master over a bunch of sheep. If a person is an authority it means they are the master and the follower is the slave. Sheep and slaves have no place in the LHP.

An individual may be considered to have more knowledge, or greater skills, or greater influence than another, this just means they are more advanced in their journey than the others in the LHP, but since the path is unique and individualistic they are not a master of the LHP, no man is master of anything other than in his own life.

Lets get away from thinking in terms of authorities, movers and shakers in the LHP, these are incorrect and retarded ideas to hold for the LHP.

#55052 - 05/25/11 08:44 AM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: mabon2010]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
However I might agree with the premise that there is no central authority in Satanism as a philosophy, the overarching undertones (thats right, I said it) of egalitarianism here are certainly sigh-worthy.

Satan is a face of a living philosophy under the banner of which some offer real insight and crystalization , while others do not. The only standard of authenticity lay with how this insight is vectored and the sinister sorts that might resonate with it , but it is a standard none the less. One that many are either blind to or find very inconvenient when peddling their ideas.

#55056 - 05/25/11 12:31 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Dan_Dread]
MindFux Offline

Mabon,

There is a difference between someone's ideas having an effect, thus making them a mover and a shaker, and said individual being a 'leader' per se with followers. The fact that you struggle to separate an individual who could propose ideas that generate thought in more than one person from a leader, and individuals that find those ideas useful from a 'bunch of sheep' seems to indicate a deep seated mental problem that you've clearly been wrestling with for a while.

Egalitarianism is not the fuel for the LHP. The LHP should be Gods among Gods? Maybe so, but stratification doesn't stop the second someone decides to lace up their boots and walk the LHP. Like minded individuals will seek to extract usefulness from their thoughts and philosophies for their own ends. Those that provide such food for thought will naturally garner interest. Those that don't (you being one of that number Mabon) will naturally not.

Trying to heap, 'being of interest' to 'being a leader' or 'being counter the LHP' is a bitch move, from unsurprisingly, a bitch.

Edited by MindFux (05/25/11 12:34 PM)

#55058 - 05/25/11 12:38 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: mabon2010]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: mabon2010

Lets get away from thinking in terms of authorities, movers and shakers in the LHP, these are incorrect and retarded ideas to hold for the LHP.

I also agree with the general tenor of your post, but don't personally see it as a problem. There are people who I encounter who I suspect either have the capacity to understand in equal measure to myself or in perhaps greater measure than myself in a wide variety of subjects. These people I respect for various reasons, the least of which would be the ability to gather a following. That said, that's only my perspective. Gathering a following IS a skill and talent that could reap many benefits when employed with the correct intent/control.

Please refrain from using presumptuous words and phrases like "Let's get away from..." as if your implication is that your reader isn't already aware of your point(s), or worse, that we are somehow complicit in being fooled by the same things that have fooled you. I won't rail against your post too much since you did have the foresight to put it in the 101 forum. In the future, though, you would do well to not presume to speak for others. Your point would have been better served, in my opinion, as presented as a personal epiphany rather than a revelation that most here are already painfully aware of.

And so now that you've seen the point, will you stop attempting to garner a following flock or will you continue in your present vein?

It will be somewhat interesting to see what you choose to do with your new found knowledge.

Edited by Fnord (05/25/11 12:57 PM)

#55124 - 05/28/11 12:32 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Fnord]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
A lot of people agree with there not being a supreme authority within the satanic culture. However I would say that this statement is misinterpreted. The dictionaries definition of authority is as follows –noun, plural -ties. “The power to determine, adjudicate, or otherwise settle issues or disputes; jurisdiction; the right to control, command, or determine.” When you take this definition literally the statement made above concerning there being no authority in the LHP is quite false. I say this because if you take one good look into the mirror you are gazing into the eyes of the only authority when it comes to the satanic belief system… Yourself. You have the right to control yourself, you are the only one who commands yourself, and you are the only one who determines your own mentality and your own outlook on life. Satanism is the philosophy for the selfish.

While one can argue that certain laws dictate actions so on and so forth; I find that argument to hold no validity whatsoever because your acquiescence of societies laws coincide with your own personal beliefs OR in the interest of self-preservation. However no matter your personal feelings of certain laws you act on your own authority by choosing to abide by said laws. Just because there is a generally accepted method of practice and understanding when it comes to Satanism doesn’t mean that is the way it goes all the time. Even TSB (while this is paraphrased I can do direct quote if so desired) mentions at times throughout the text that some things are up to the individual.

CHEERS,
RING

#55125 - 05/28/11 02:00 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Ringmaster]
MattVanSickle84 Offline
stranger

Loc: London, UK
The central issues you're addressing mabon2010, are authority, individualism and collectivism and the conflicts between these particular modes of operating. Since Satanism is accepting of hierarchy or more specifically encouraging of stratification or meritocracy, there may be a conflict between this and individualist autonomy.

It could be argued, very persuasively in my opinion, that there is such a thing as illegitimate authority and domination (which would go against Might Is Right though this is a discussion for a separate forum) which must then infer that there is the corollary: legitimate authority. It seems to me that such authority is always one based upon brilliance or exceptionalism.

For example (though this might appear counter to the scientific method, which is inherently non hierarchical) an individual such as Stephen Hawking is clearly, both outside of scientific communities and to a large extent inside them as well, an authority on certain matters. So his authority is one based upon intellectual, scientific and creative brilliance: natural hierarchy or meritocracy. The idea (and truth) of the carnality of man as beast goes hand in hand with Herbert Spencer's ideas of survival of the fittest, in this case in the arena of ideas. It is also worth mentioning that such authority can by no means be necessarily hereditary.

Now, we can apply this to Satanism in the sense that those individuals with such a mastery and breadth of knowledge and experience of the subject would be akin to the all seeing eye at the top of the pyramid (supposedly all Satanists belong here, though I tend to doubt that). Dr. LaVey, for instance, is rightly seen as an authority on Satanism based upon his synthesis of various related strains of thought and practices and his mastery of these. Therefore he has earned his place of high regard.

The most inescapable contradiction, if it is that, is that the central symbol of the Satanic religion was a defiant, anti-authoritarian figure who would not be a serf. So a case could be made that Satanism is actually anarchistic in nature based upon this position of hostility to authority. However I hardly think we can count the Biblical God as a legitimate authority, either intellectually or actually!

Left Hand Path groups (though I see no reason to care about most of them), are characterised by a distrust of the status quo and they say organising atheists is akin to herding cats and that certainly applies to Satanists as well. Nothing inherently sacred about authority, if we believed there was we perhaps wouldn't call ourselves Satanists...

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

#55126 - 05/28/11 02:40 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: mabon2010]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I would argue that all who walk the LHP are movers, shakers and an authority. But only insofar as it concerns oneself. I am the one who moves my life forward, I am the one who gets things done, I am the ultimate authority in my life.

Indeed, I am a Leader, however, I neither have nor want any followers. And there certainly is no room for followers on the LHP either. I would discourage anyone from following me or anyone else. Remember: If you follow someone you can only end up wherever they do; and where they end up might not be where either of you intended.

Therefore, to truly be "on the LHP" one must be those three things which you said they aren't/can't. Otherwise you are just following the flow of traffic and will most likely miss your exit.

#55139 - 05/28/11 11:29 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: MattVanSickle84]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
MattVanSickle84:

Quote:
Left Hand Path groups (though I see no reason to care about most of them), are characterised by a distrust of the status quo and they say organising atheists is akin to herding cats and that certainly applies to Satanists as well.

While your words are undeniably true, I feel compelled to note the value of collaboration and cooperation. It is hardly uncommon to encounter self-proclaimed Satanists who, knowingly or not, envelop themselves in the rhetoric and outer accoutrements of individualism solely to justify (or even to encourage) indolence, unqualified personal ineptitude, and a complete lack of civility and social graces. In my experience such people consistently broadcast their pretensions to power in order to shield themselves and others from the fact that they have none. Seemingly unable to fathom the possibility that cooperation with anyone could be other than weakness—its continuous practice by scientists, for example, does not occur to them—and too fixed on the most perfunctory image of "the rebel" to realize that a strong ego is not threatened by pragmatic troth, they either imbibe a glut of titles to lord over the servile or devolve into blindly malignant idiots. This forum has seen people (I refuse to call them "members" in any but the most technical sense) of both inclinations come and go dozens of times.

The formation of a group, provided that its existence is conducive rather than inhibitory to individual excellence, is not anathema to Satanism. Nor, it should be noted, is a broad sense of community based on good conversation, earned respect, and the exchange of ideas. I hazard to say that a respected member here would be fiercely defended en masse in the event that he or she were treated carelessly, not because it would be needed (the Satanists here are more than capable of defending themselves), but out of basic esteem. Sharp debate and some internal tension is contributive to the betterment of all willing to draw from it, but so is a working cabal. A simple comparison of the quality of discussion here with that found on any other Satanic forum emphatically bears this out.

Organizing Satanists may be like herding cats, but I speak from experience when I say that herding cats is entirely possible; they simply need something of shared interest to pursue.

Z.

#55143 - 05/29/11 04:31 AM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Ringmaster]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
A lot of people agree with there not being a supreme authority within the satanic culture. However I would say that this statement is misinterpreted. The dictionaries definition of authority is as follows –noun, plural -ties. “The power to determine, adjudicate, or otherwise settle issues or disputes; jurisdiction; the right to control, command, or determine.” When you take this definition literally the statement made above concerning there being no authority in the LHP is quite false. I say this because if you take one good look into the mirror you are gazing into the eyes of the only authority when it comes to the satanic belief system… Yourself. You have the right to control yourself, you are the only one who commands yourself, and you are the only one who determines your own mentality and your own outlook on life. Satanism is the philosophy for the selfish.

While I think many will agree with your take I think a nuance should be made.
The egoistical view/stance of authority which is common amongst the likes of us almost seem naturally. But, in comparisation with others here, in the short time I have been dwelling around in different Satanic "communities" an almost unspoken feeling of egalitarianism was present while most were trying to cover it up with self-reference. Only to be smashed down by social pressure from the inside.

It is all nice and dandy to say you can call yourself an authority to your own Satanic belief system, but there are always those who are unofficialy regarded as an authority.

You are right by giving the hint that there is an authoritive stance within LHP. But in my opinion wrong when you say that it is only yourself being the authority in the Satanic belief system. Just take a look at "the stars" of Satanism and their gatherings.

#55150 - 05/29/11 07:18 AM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Zophos]
MattVanSickle84 Offline
stranger

I concur with what you've said and you seem to be advocating or referring to a form of voluntary association. I don't see this as necessarily problematic and it could indeed be that a false dichotomy has erected between this and hierarchical systems.

To digress, this reminds me of the supposed conflict between liberty and equality. Obviously I don't mean tedious and ungrounded "all men are created equal" sentiments, but equal rights to establish a just meritocracy which need not limit anybody's personal liberties. This is Just a thought, and if persuaded I could see how this may amount to a kind of cognitive dissonance.

I think that in many instances voluntary consent and cooperation would be the appropriate way for those with a common interest or philosophy to operate and organise. It would be merely polemical to caricature this as collectivism, and it can be just as easily agued that hierarchy is naturally conducive to totalitarianism, another enemy of individualism.

It may be that we are talking about a genuinely difficult contradiction here, but remember what Ayn Rand said about those. (Please note that I'm not putting Rand on a pedestal, and never will. I only invoke her as a relevant thinker and someone whose ideas I respect.)

The cats picture shows the very opposite of collaboration and cooperation. I wonder how many of those cats stuck around once their bellies were full?

Consider this: http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-03-26/teamwork_rats.jpg

#55194 - 05/29/11 10:09 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: MattVanSickle84]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
I was glad Zophos covered what I was going to say.

It is possible to herd cats, although briefly, and only if they are interested. Cats being a simplified example for Satanists, even if you manage to get them together...some will wander off after they take what they want, not always what you are offering.

I did alot of thinking on this premise, and how it related to, for instance CoS. Good example of herding Satanists...I mean cats. There is something which draws them in, be it food(for thought) light petting and story time. And evidence proves some do leave, like members of this forum. Sometimes we just get lucky and we all find the same watering hole which was left out in the open. We weren't herded but by chance found each other in the same place. All differences aside.

Eventually the drinking truce ends and the word jousting returns.

#55211 - 05/30/11 12:38 PM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: MattVanSickle84]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
I was trying to touch on it being a voluntary association you happened to word it better than I. Also there will always be voluntary association within the LHP or anything in society for that matter, however just as the authority is unofficially (or pseudo-officially) given it can always be revoked if the masses aren’t appeased properly. A “falling from grace” so to speak. A good example being; a member within the CoS is acting against what the CoS deems against the desired collective interests of the group, so the strip him/her of membership. The same works on an unofficial level within a group. I would venture and say this is why true anarchism can never truely exist (that topic though would best be put in a separate thread so I won’t go into detail).

But it would all go back to that being an individual choice being that the masses individually choose to pay respect where they think the respect is deserved. But that is if you argue literal semantics. It really wouldn’t be against individualism for a person to have the same opinion or acceptance of totalitarianism provided it is in tune with what they as an individual want. Because if one rebels for the sake of rebelling it isn’t individualism in my mind it would be counterproductive pride and ignorance. There are times when a person has to make a sacrifice in their choice because more often than not the reality is that one won’t get everything they desire from one source. As long as the person makes a decision based of the pros and cons of said decision I think it would still be exorcising an individualistic mentality.
But also it never really is not a false dichotomy or hierarchy because while the authority that is give may or may not be officially given, it still is given. I guess that would be like saying a tree that falls in the woods with no one to hear it; it won’t make a sound because it isn’t officially validated.

If this is hard to follow I apologize I just got off work and running on very little sleep.

CHEERS,
RING

#55241 - 05/31/11 03:28 AM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: MattVanSickle84]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
MattVanSickle84:

In the interest of logical presentation (mine, not yours), please allow me to respond to your post in reverse order.

For a person of strong and intelligent constitution, the rewards of a calculated risk with the mutual support of one's friends and peers are sometimes greater than those offered by a solitary venture. (But not always, right Diavolo? ;\) ) All historical evidence suggests that this appraisal formed the predominant ethos of the early Church of Satan, for example, as even Dr. Aquino has acknowledged.

Quote:
The cats picture shows the very opposite of collaboration and cooperation. I wonder how many of those cats stuck around once their bellies were full?

Would an answer of "None" to the latter necessarily imply the truth of the former?

My use of that picture was intended to represent a concept closely related to but ultimately distinct from the social contract—let us call it self-interested cohesion and define it as the fact of individuals consistently being in the same place at the same time for the same personal reasons without actively forming explicit articles of incorporation, legal or otherwise. Obviously I do not have in mind an afternoon at the DMV or a night at the bar. (Indeed, one may be reminded of Galt's Gulch in Atlas Shrugged, the "voluntary association of men held together by nothing but every man's self-interest.") My point rather was that, given a goal shared in common by a collection of individuals, its value to each member as an individual will continue to encourage him or her to pursue that goal (in this case, like-minded people and intelligent conversation therewith) through the most favorable venue or venues (in this case the 600 Club, I'm happy to say). As Ghostly1 stated, "Sometimes we just get lucky and we all find the same watering hole which was left out in the open. We weren't herded but by chance found each other in the same place." I would add that, having done so and found the water plentiful, refreshing, and cleaner than in most other places on the often-barren Internet savanna, visitors have colluded (composing the informal "working cabal" mentioned in my previous post) out of shared self-interest to protect it from unwanted company. Make no mistake, I and many others here are greatly appreciative of specific fellow members, even perhaps to the point of seeing a few as friends or close acquaintances, but I would surmise that the mechanism underlying the long-term participation of most members here is largely other.

This recognition also serves to check the hasty acceptance of received sentiment about the incompatibility of nonconformists and groups, and about the conditions under which they "must" work to survive. Although the simile of herding cats is most often used innocently as a humorous illustration, I have sometimes spoken or corresponded with individuals (yourself excluded) who deployed it purely as a thought-terminating cliché to justify the fact that their own group, due to the solipsism of its members, had failed to accomplish anything, or worse that their group had no intent of being more than a name in the first place.

In short, if we follow our simile to its logical conclusion, there is no demand for any cat to remain when its belly is full. Hunger will reappear, and as long as satisfaction continues to be found in a given cat's basic reason for congregating, it is likely to return. (Just watch those claws!)

Quote:
I think that in many instances voluntary consent and cooperation would be the appropriate way for those with a common interest or philosophy to operate and organise.

With very few exceptions, I would go further to say that such cooperation is the only course of action that would be at all appealing for someone of a Satanic mindset. Some degree of obligatory cooperation is inevitable, but as a Satanist seeks to minimize compulsion in his or her life, agreements and group formations involving submission rather than healthy cooperation are highly unlikely to be pursued.

In this vein, I think every Satanist would benefit in some way from reading David Gauthier's Morals by Agreement. Gauthier's neo-Hobbesian contractarianism is not without flaws, but contributes overwhelmingly to a model of cooperation rooted in subjective and self-interested valuation.

Quote:
I concur with what you've said and you seem to be advocating or referring to a form of voluntary association. I don't see this as necessarily problematic and it could indeed be that a false dichotomy has erected between this and hierarchical systems.

The problem lies, I think, in a basic social paradox well-known among Satanists, especially those adroit or seasoned enough to recognize its manifestation in real time (e.g., in the Church of Satan). As a group becomes more tightly organized, it also tends to become both more effective in meeting its ends and more prone to various forms of collectivism, especially sycophantic behavior, obsession with a "positive" public image, and the equation of merit with intra-organizational rank. (Additionally, there is a tendency toward what might be called the "Leviathan effect," in which a group's leadership begins to justify contravention of the group's own goals solely to maintain unified authority, leading ultimately—as with Ayn Rand's circle—to cultish mandates and restrictions.) By contrast, as a group's framework becomes looser, it allows for greater personal freedom, but usually at the cost of diminishing its ability to accomplish meaningful goals. Atheist organizations, as Diavolo noted in the "New Atheism" and it's Value thread, often fall under this category (although there are exceptions which have attained at least some tangible successes).

Because Satanism rests on the bedrock of both goal-oriented pragmatism and rational autonomy, the minimal criteria for any level of voluntary cooperation at the group level would be very hard to find outside of a Gauthierian social contract or the aforementioned phenomenon of self-interested cohesion. The most immediate example, again, is furnished by the 600 Club itself, which employs both simultaneously as a matter of course.

Z.

#55245 - 05/31/11 10:16 AM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Zophos]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
I can finally see why someone would bait you into working with them at a university.

If this were Facebook, you would have a lot of "Like" thumbs pointed in your direction.

There will always be some level of cooperation amongst like minded individuals. Some goals simply cannot be completed successfully without mutual support. And as you have so eloquently stated the CoS suffers from a self image problem. Its a popular girls club with limited opportunities to those who wont kiss ass or buy into the persona one must comply with to associate and mingle with the perceived elite.

I see the sycophantic behavior as a kind of hero worship for the most part. Anton is not around anymore and they feel by association they can somehow gain something from him indirectly in this manner, be it prestige or unearned credibility. Its easy to see all this behavior in posts made at the LTTD forum which although I am not a member I do visit time to time just to feel the pulse of current topics. Joy of Satan, well.... one must use a telescope to see if the mother ship is approaching.

In either case the "whats in it for me" person might be surprised if they ever realized all they gained by being a member is possibly a red card, and time devoted to a group instead of themselves. Exercising ones Satanic views by joining a group is like paying for an NRA membership and only wearing the t-shirt out in public. To me this rigid view of Satanism is one reason I didnt buy a red card. If Im going to be an outspoken individual then I wont let anyone speak for me. Especially if doing so costs me my precious membership card.

There is less risk in being anonymous. One could theoretically still be a mover or a shaker in society with hidden goals and we needn't ever know about them. Just because you dont see the young girl in front of you on line's labia ring and devil tattoo doesnt mean it isnt there.

I appreciate this venue. And even with disagreements this has to be the best watering hole out there.

#55248 - 05/31/11 10:33 AM Re: Nobody is a mover, shaker or authority in the LHP [Re: Zophos]
MattVanSickle84 Offline
stranger

Thank you for offering such a considered rebuttal Zophos, I hope I can do it justice. There appears to be many areas of consensus between us. I do wonder though, whether you have read what I wrote as an appraisal of the concept hierarchy in and of itself. That I have not done so is manifestly obvious and I have been careful to highlight contradiction or instances of possible false dichotomies and popular fallacy.

What interested my in this topic is these very contradictions which present difficulties and clashes between my own arguments, as I said: cognitive dissonance. I am going to take this into the realm of political ideas which are extremely similar in terms of the organisational and underlying ideological aspects.

I am persuaded by many an individualist argument whether political or in an aesthetic sense (like Baudelaire or Wilde) and yet I realise that to be completely autonomous, and self-interested can be tantamount to the pathology of the sociopath. This has been pointed out to me by my leftist friends, many of them extremely intelligent and worth listening to, though ultimately by my estimation, misguided.

I often wonder whether my perceiving of these conflicts is residual from my own false start as a younger man (not that I am that old now of course!) with an interest in the politics of the left. Having read collectivist tracts, Marxist and otherwise, and being of an anarchistic, anti-authoritarian persuasion myself (a tendency that I see reflected in much of Satanic literature - Baudelaire, Stirner, Nietzsche, some Orwell, Milton's Satan) I can sympathise and place myself beside the anarchist in principle. The anarchism of the right soon comes into focus the more you look of course, so it's not merely an egalitarian phenomenon.

The concept you've discussed as self-interested cohesion, and which I have heard others refer to as enlightened self interest, is an important one because inherent in it is the idea of equality of opportunity, something which seems at first glance (to some) to be totally out of step with Satanism. It isn't remotely.

There is almost nothing in common with the idea of "all men created equal" which fuels a collectivist mindset and equal rights or opportunities. The only connection is the use of the adjective "equal". What I am advocating is the latter: meritocracy, the much-maligned concept that some can do things "better" (the word is vague, I know) than others. This can only be achieved on a level playing field. The former is at best a failure to acknowledge that, somewhere along the line, "God" fucked up.

This would obviously lead to some hierarchy or maybe multiple ones or crossover ones, who knows, certainly this is not the path of least resistance, and I'm not making any predictions on the outcomes of such schemes. I'm simply not qualified to do so. I lack the sociological expertise. But whatever the solution to this perceived contradiction, need not entail the complete eradication of cooperation or the concept of solidarity, which is a good thing because I'm not interested in impossible goals!

To sum up this mess, for me this is an academic problem or a pragmatic one, ultimately for other people to be having. I don't mean that to be a denigration of this extremely thought provoking argument (sincerity not sarcasm). I practice Satanism as an applied philosophy or a convergence of various strains to be more precise. It has informed my outlook on life and my reflections and musings upon it.

In all honesty I personally care very little how Satanists organise or how cats are herded (and to me that analogy is about independence of mind and not individualist autonomy or anything so significant and the rats thing isn't my own creation nor does it represent my views, just food for thought.)

I view my own Satanism as I view all religions: as a personal pursuit and not a public one. This would be why I have never joined a Satanic organisation (a contradiction in terms in my opinion), why I never will and why it has taken me 12 years even to join an online forum! I'm very glad I did by the way but, anecdotally, most of the Satanist I've come across have been dunces. Not so here, obviously.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.