Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#55357 - 06/01/11 07:15 PM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: Diavolo]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
Maybe if the weak learn to help themselves they'd learn what it takes to become strong.

So you were saying?

In the eighteenth century in the West, serious conflicts arose amongst science as epitomized by the controversy of Darwin. Remeber: Theology acted as an important catalyst in the development of present science. The idea of God as ruler of the universe made people think about the idea that God had arranged things in an orderly way and their were Laws which a person could discover, if one searched hard enough. However, the assertion that theology preceded modern science does not demonstrate that God exists in Reality.

The present state of affairs is the radical development of this approach to the point of a person living without God and left to the Self: Satanism.

the-Afreet-Ravana

#55358 - 06/01/11 07:36 PM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: paolo sette]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Seriously man, I have no clue what you are arguing here. You come across as some madman who randomly shares something unrelated and then walks off again.

D.

#55363 - 06/01/11 08:56 PM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: paolo sette]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
paolo sette:

Quote:
In the eighteenth century in the West, serious conflicts arose amongst science as epitomized by the controversy of Darwin.

Both Darwin and the evolution controversy were born in the nineteenth century.

Quote:
Remeber: Theology acted as an important catalyst in the development of present science. The idea of God as ruler of the universe made people think about the idea that God had arranged things in an orderly way and their were Laws which a person could discover, if one searched hard enough.

Fact.

The Foundations of Modern Science in the Middle Ages: Their Religious, Institutional and Intellectual Contexts

God and Reason in the Middle Ages

God and Nature: Historical Essays on the Encounter between Christianity and Science

Galileo Goes to Jail and Other Myths about Science and Religion

The Scientific Revolution: A Very Short Introduction

Now then, how does that have the slightest relevance to anything said by Diavolo?

Quote:
However, the assertion that theology preceded modern science does not demonstrate that God exists in Reality.

I'm tired of this crap. You have thoroughly convinced me that you have nothing of consequence to offer, and your insistence on rendering the words "Satanism" and "Satanist" in red just makes you look even more asinine.

I mean, has anyone actually read the nonsense in this nitwit's posts?

"It is only when the pure heart of Reality reveals itself as Truth, Evilness and Beauty are we awakened. To the cold intellect these forms appear as 'robes of Darkness.' The intellect can never explain Reality; Reality will explain itself. It is Self-illuminating. Truth always challenges us to discover it (Reality), Evilness always challenges us to achieve it (Reality), and Beauty always challenges us to create it (Reality). The intellect unaided by intuition comes forward with high-sounding pretensions and accepts the challenge only to discover it is utterly helpless later on."

"Satanism takes on the reification phenomena of these religions. If one thinks that things fail to exist or exist absolutely, Satanism sees that one will be unable to attain peace of Mind. The reification process subjects a person to egoism: the overvaluing of oneself, one's achievements and of material things. Therefore, one will not appreciate the possibility of change of particular Forms of oneself and of one's possessions."

"In Satanism, all particular things are respectively just as they are with equality and disequality. This very realization is the source of Wisdom in Satanism in which both ignorance and Self-centeredness are overcome. Just because Satanism is seeing just as it is, it is full of things functioning freely which neither lose their particularity nor impede one another."

"Belief absolutely belongs to the one who has it: it is neither communicable nor transferable nor subject to partition. It is itself, its own authority, its own witness, and does not require anybody's confirmation. It is sufficient unto itself. No amount of skeptical argument can refute it because skepticism has to assume it: it takes for granted the existence of the skeptic."

"Stages of Mind cannot include or embrace a previous stage or latter. But, the Final Stage of Mind includes everything from the first to when it's finished. This means you cannot truly understand on the basis of a stage what happened in a previous or latter stage. There is no continuity, no ascending bridge to a higher stage from a lower one. There is a complete discontinuty or disjunction between each stage. A person must 'leap' from one stage to the next. Overcoming discontinuty indicates Absolute Negation. (Absolute Negation is simply an affirmation. The words of Absolute Negation and affirmation are dynamically identical.) Negation as through 'discontinuty' between stages of Mind is overcome through an 'abnegation', 'Self-denial' or 'renunciation' of a stage in the ultimate existential sense."

I could go on and on.

Since joining the 600 Club, I've tried very hard simply to ignore your posts, having failed to read even one thus far that wasn't bloated with every kind of insipid pseudo-intellectualism and obscurantist pablum conceivable, but you are an idiot, pure and simple.

Z.

#55366 - 06/01/11 09:48 PM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: Zophos]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
 Originally Posted By: Zophos
Since joining the 600 Club, I've tried very hard simply to ignore your posts, having failed to read even one thus far that wasn't bloated with every kind of insipid pseudo-intellectualism and obscurantist pablum conceivable, but you are an idiot, pure and simple.

I need not enter into any further details about the fundamental notions I have espoused. I have already far overstepped the limits of time at my disposal through my posts to threads. But, nevertheless, I continue to post. I have tried to present to you very briefly the outstanding features which constitues my philosophy. My principle aim is to bridge a unity with the Satanic Mind through other Satanists based on mutual understanding of this forum.

Each has something to contribute to the other in the name of "culture", and each can learn something from another. I cannot think of a better way to account for the acute differences than the development of philosophy between the best thoughts amongst Satanists. So much of the need today depends on the realization of genuine "culture" which depends on fostering a philosophy.

It is this kind of understanding which will impart Life to "culture", and will give the Self a stronghold against the storms of today: It is the Self within you which can be enriched by a synthesis of "culture" through the philosophy of Satanism.

But, you cannot help everyone such as yourself.

the-Dark

Edited by paolo sette (06/01/11 10:09 PM)

#55367 - 06/01/11 09:52 PM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: Zophos]
MattVanSickle84 Offline
stranger

Loc: London, UK
Zophos, I am in total and absolute agreement, and support your dismissal of paolo sette's weak and insipid posts.

I too have struggled to find anything aside from obscurantism in his writings. I imagine he has this aversion to plain and simple language as this would reveal massive logical fallacies and gaping holes in his reasoning. If you can credit it as reasoning.

His "arguments" exude two traits which I unreservedly loathe: new age cliché and postmodernist smoke and mirrors.

Utterly vacuous and meaningless contributions, all of them. Actually, I could only get through a few, and had to give in, there's just nothing there. It's as if by constructing meaningful sentences his world would fall apart.

Good call sir. Someone had to say it.

M V-S

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

#55374 - 06/02/11 01:00 AM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: MattVanSickle84]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
 Originally Posted By: MattVanSickle84
Good call sir. Someone had to say it.

Paolo's nonsense hasn't gone unnoticed, but as he hasn't violated any forum rules per se (only the intellectual sensibilities of others), he remains. Simply put, ignore him like everyone else.

Now, on topic:

I don't do charity anymore, especially when it comes to giving homeless people or other beggars money. They didn't earn any of my money, and therefore have no right to it. Caveat: I like CS's idea of working in animal shelters and in libraries. As those are things that are of value to me (animals and books), I find that a worthwhile expense of my time.

I don't really like to do it, but doing charity gigs is a different thing; it gets me heard, introduces me to certain people, and as such can in certain ways be more valuable than being paid for my time in that particular instance. I don't do it for fuzzy feelings, as that really has no value to me.

Homo Homini Lupus

#55526 - 06/06/11 10:20 AM Re: Charity: Disaster Relief, Welfare, Donations, etc. [Re: Ghostly1]
Damis Offline
pledge

Loc: England
When it comes to charity I like Rand's take on it. Fulfilling your own (rationally) selfish needs and desires first before even contemplating giving to others.

Most people earn their cash and therefore have a right to dispose of it how they so wish, this includes pissing it away on some inherently flawed charity project whose goals will never be met because they are tackling it the wrong way.

As the saying goes, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, but teach him how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime".

If it's a feed the African poor charity, your monetary contribution isn't going to do shit unless it's teaching them to feed and govern themselves. If it's in response to a disaster then that's all fine and dandy because it's towards a definite realizable goal in response to an event. And if it's towards a research charity, then all the better because that contribution if it helps find a cure will have a long lasting benefit and who knows; it could even benefit you someday.

Politically I'm against all forms of none privately funded aid, i.e Government aid to third world countries etc, because frankly it isn't their money to throw away, it's the tax that they harvest from the populace who earn it, which they obviously have to coerce. The problem is that you don't get a say as to if your tax money goes on charity or not.

So essentially I'm fine with others doing charity if it's what they want to do. But me personally if it ever was my will to give to a charity, I'd would make sure it actually counted for something, and I have given to charity on many occasion.

Edited by Damis (06/06/11 10:23 AM)
Edit Reason: Syntax

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.