Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#58251 - 08/16/11 01:22 PM Re: Stealing [Re: Latvian]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I had the same last winter. I had some shitty French car which suffered some electrical problems. So the heater broke down. Now I don't like cars. As a former biker, driving a car always has this "elderly" feeling to it, as if you're one of the turtles on the road. So I can't spend much on them, or even fix what I consider "trivial".

So yeah, it's freezing and you got to drive with the windows down, spend most of the time trying to keep that front window free from ice so you actually have a clue where you are on the road. And you throw in some blanket to save some body heat.

But I ain't bothered about that shit, I forces you to adapt to the circumstances. Sure getting into a tropical heated car during winter is pleasant but driving an ice-cube does make you tough.

D.

#58252 - 08/16/11 01:33 PM Re: Stealing [Re: Diavolo]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
...but driving an ice-cube does make you tough

You're right! Of course during years with Lada I hadn't any weight problems. I was busy with Lada…

I am teacher and I'm not smart in repairing cars... Many, many times my Lada was broken and usually, when I was far from any civilization and I spend many hours in hot sun, hard rain or extreme winter to fix problems... and my wife and children spent hours with me to help fix them. Real experience!

#58267 - 08/17/11 09:40 AM Re: Stealing [Re: Latvian]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Lada's are decent cars actually as far as Eastern European cars go. I was surprised at how much power they had.

On the other hand my cousin owned an old Trabant and I couldn't even get going in first gear for some reason, even though I've driven standard transmission cars for many years at that point.

#58618 - 08/26/11 01:46 AM Re: Stealing [Re: Asmedious]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
Lada was my first car and it was good robust brick and told some nice stories in previous posts, but Lada is already memories for me. Maybe I am slowly becoming old and I need more comfort. I sold it in 2005 for 150,- Lats (about 200,- €)...

You wrote about Trabant, DDR wonder – now I am in Dresden, in capital of Saxony, which was part of DDR and I saw during 8 days only on Trabant on the street… Ladas, Trabants, Polski Fiat, Ziguli, Volga, Moskvic time in most of EU countries are away… Maybe we have to go to Russia! There Lada can be even stolen!

#60370 - 10/23/11 05:57 PM Re: Stealing [Re: Knievel74]
blackflamedemon Offline
stranger

Loc: vaiden mississippi usa
a satanist should never steal.thats if he is true loyal and honest,thatshe is pure to what satanisnm represent.should not steal unless the neighbor cries out.take this for it is a burden over my shoulder.
#60373 - 10/23/11 07:08 PM Re: Stealing [Re: blackflamedemon]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Satanism is fundamentally incompatible with any sort of moral objectivism. If anyone (not just a Satanist) steals something and has the skill not to get caught, well, then there's not much anything can do about it. It's not "wrong" or "right", it just "is".

Sure, espousing amorality isn't that good for PR purposes, but that's the hard reality of life.

#60376 - 10/23/11 09:54 PM Re: Stealing [Re: The Zebu]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Zebu, I kinda get where you're coming from, but the whole "nothing's right nothing's wrong" idea doesn't quite sit well with me. Based on that, genocide isn't wrong, rape isn't wrong, child molestation isn't wrong, torturing animals isn't wrong. How can this be?

Even LaVey advised not to harm children. Was he off base?

#60377 - 10/23/11 10:03 PM Re: Stealing [Re: William Wright]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
What would be the criteria to draw that moral line in the sand though? The world doesn't care either way.

Nothing is wrong or right, but that realization in and of itself doesn't preclude personal standards of behaviour, or personal honour if you will.

#60386 - 10/24/11 12:08 AM Re: Stealing [Re: William Wright]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
When I refer to what is commonly called "right and wrong", I cannot speak of morality in the conventional sense-- only cause and effect. I can truthfully say that some human actions flatter my disposition while others disgust me, and I am not ashamed of this. But I refuse to fall into the trap of ascribing a universal significance to such human conduct, because I see absolutely no value in it.

Ultimately, when one must resort to pulling out the rape/genocide/molestation card, they are discrediting their own argument because they are effectively scraping from the bottom of the barrel. A typical socially-functioning human doesn't need to be told not to sexually abuse children or bludgeon cats to death.

And such lifeboat scenarios are rhetorically meaningless, because the extremity of the situations can be reduced to sheer absurdism, and shows just how illogical moral codes are.

Quote:

Even LaVey advised not to harm children. Was he off base?

I could punch holes in pretty much every one of the 11 Rules, but let's leave it at the "Do not harm little children", to which I would answer with this:

10 Youngest Murderers in History

If I got into an unpleasant situation with charming youngsters such as these, I don't think there would be much of a question.

#60390 - 10/24/11 01:14 AM Re: Stealing [Re: William Wright]
Octavian Offline
pledge

I would like to offer my support for what The Zebu has posted here and add some of my thoughts.

I think there is a definite difference between the viewpoint or the perspective of a Satanist and the more or less inflexible moral conviction of a morally or RHP bound human being.

A Satanist, in my view, necessarily adopts a subjective empirical morality as a consequence of removing belief as the foundation, or the absolute objective basis, for assessing actions or states of affairs or attitudes in the world.

This subjective empirical morality of the Satanist does not bind a Satanist. I may be disgusted or horrified by actions or attitudes which other people, who I would regard as morally RHP bound, also find disgusting or horrifying, or I may not. And that works the other way as well. I may value some actions or attitudes as good, just like a morally bound RHP person, might value that same action or attitude as good, or again I may not.

Many times I value something as wrong or as right because the consequences of acting in a certain way may necessarily lead to a consequence which I deem unworthy of my personal integrity/honour or may not lead to an advantage for me when I look at it from a rational point of view. I think this is what The Zebu means when he talks about cause and effect as a factor underlying moral choices and actions.

From this viewpoint being a Satanist – for me - involves careful calculation: if I do this, what will happen and if I do that, what will happen. Being “moral” in this way demands intelligence and an understanding of what I can get away with, and finally a willingness to accept total personal responsibility for the foreseeable consequence of my own actions because this is what I have chosen and done.

No doubt others can elaborate on this theme in a more effective way.

#60402 - 10/24/11 10:29 AM Re: Stealing [Re: Octavian]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I guess the key word, then, is subjective. A particular action is right or wrong to me, depending on how I look at it. The actions of the 9/11 terrorists were, to me, disgusting – wrong. However, from their perspective they were right.

Even from an RHP standpoint, right and wrong can be seen as subjective. If one believes in God and serves God, then the believer usually defines right and wrong according to how God defines it. Therefore, "universal" right and wrong is simply piggy-backing off God's view of right and wrong.

Ultimately, each of us will do what we think is in our best interest. That is our "morality".

#60409 - 10/24/11 09:04 PM Re: Stealing [Re: William Wright]
Octavian Offline
pledge

I am the centre of my universe and therefore I am a God.

You are the centre of your universe and therefore you are a God.

Another Satanist is the centre of their universe and therefore they are a God.

A person, who can be correctly defined, as belonging to the right hand path see themselves as a part, or an element, in something larger than themselves and outside of themselves, from which they derive their “meaning of life,” or their “sense of self.”

Their moral code is something which they follow. It is a code which comes from outside of themselves; which they see as more or less universal in nature; and one which, they usually think, everybody else should follow as well. A nice, easy and sleepy life is guaranteed for all who see this way and just follow.

I am sure you can grok all of this Will, and if you can, then you may grok this as well: the essence of Satanism (for me) is objective subjectivity.

If there is no God; if there is no universally objective right and wrong or good and evil; if belief is not an adequate foundation for making determinations about codes or claims about the world, then what would be an adequate foundation. What is the real in – itself:

Will to power, or even might is right, or even might makes right.

Gods are the centre of their universe, but not all Gods are equal and they will be sorted and will find their place quite naturally and organically.

#60411 - 10/24/11 11:21 PM Re: Stealing [Re: Octavian]
RAIDER Offline

Loc: PA
Personally, I steal when I want to and I don't steal when I don't want to...I'm the one I have to 'answer to'.
When stealing feels like a nice little piece of revenge I enjoy it. When faced with the need to earn more money I prefer to work more.
These are subject to change based on my needs, and there are many ways to steal...and to earn.
Hey man...whatever works.

#66098 - 04/13/12 08:10 AM Re: Stealing [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Me Incarnate Offline
lurker

"no matter from whom or by what means, the consequences are yours just as much as the reward"

I'm not a thief but this made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Good advice.

#66099 - 04/13/12 08:42 AM Re: Stealing [Re: Me Incarnate]
Hegesias Offline

I have long believed in encouraging others to steal from me or otherwise issuing tests of character. This can be attributed to the way I invent laws and rules for others to be judged by, obviously these laws and rules remain hidden to track genuine violations, and not to void the authenticity of punishments.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.