Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#5606 - 03/14/08 08:54 AM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: TornadoCreator]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
I'm more inclined to agree with Asmedious. We are generally tolerant people but I am far from respective of other peoples beliefs and opinions. I listen but that's about it. I give respect only when it's earned however I find I'm more swayed towards the opinions of people here. This forum has served well as a haven of intellectual discussion so I tend to show more respect to the opinions and ideas presented here.

Interesting point. However I don't see what is intelligent in dismissing half the opinions and, in a way, stating that one's opinion is wrong?

Quote:
I think this is a little more personal than you realise DaVinci, people for some reason have decided you are this weeks punching bag and quite frankly I don't care why. I think it's childish and pathetic that people want to cause a damn argument over this.

More foolish of them to make it personal. If they don't like me, fair enough. I won't go out of my way to sway them otherwise.

Quote:
1. All commonwealth armed forces have methods by which people can join units and regiments in foriegn countries for an extended period of a few weeks, even when that regiment is there for in excess of 6 months. If this didn't happen my job would simply not work, although granted normally even a TA soilder goes away for about 2 months if on a specific op. (Oh, and often they provide satelite links to the internet).

Correct.

#5607 - 03/14/08 09:18 AM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: DaVinci]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
When another thread gets locked, you start a new one where you can whine about people not acting as you would see fit. During my stay here, which has been a bit over a year now (as I recall), I have never had a need to bitch about peoples manners. Sure there have been some individuals whom I may not have liked. Until now, it has been nice and quiet, so to speak. Now, after you have taken it in you that you need to police other peoples behaviour and take everything so personally this place is like the hallways of a highschool. I know that an argument requires more than one, but none of the others have caught my eye. Except rob church perhaps, because of his poor spelling...
Perhaps you should be quiet for some time and reflect on things said, get over it and then come back with new fresh ideas. This is already getting old.
Just an advise.

#5608 - 03/14/08 09:22 AM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Actually MFM, that's not a bad stance to take. I must admit that even though I seem to have been dragged into this argument myself and I feel people have been quite direspectful to me over the past couple of days despite me being as civil as possible, I feel no desire to carry this one on anymore. It's just making people bitter, myself included. Perhaps it's time to just drop it all.

#5609 - 03/14/08 09:32 AM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: TornadoCreator]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
Actually MFM, that's not a bad stance to take. I must admit that even though I seem to have been dragged into this argument myself and I feel people have been quite direspectful to me over the past couple of days despite me being as civil as possible, I feel no desire to carry this one on anymore. It's just making people bitter, myself included. Perhaps it's time to just drop it all.

Of course everyone is right to have a say, but then again, we all should know when enough is enough.
I wouldn't just stand and watch should someone insult me, but to turn it into a fight? And it's good from time to time to think about things such as, is the disrespect I have received even remotely deserved. It usually is evoked somehow. Some things we say, or the way we say it. I'm usually not very tolerant, and don't expect it from others, so I wouldn't be very surprised to see it here. And especially here.
But like stated, this would be better off dead.

#5654 - 03/14/08 06:01 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: TornadoCreator]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
This totally reminds me of this one episode in The Real World (MTV)... you know, that show where they take total strangers and put them in the same house and things between everyone begins great, but then the drama happens. This forum is like our virtual Real World house. I wonder what secrets everyone's sharing in your PMs about everyone else? Its just exciting to be a part of it. It's like a sociological experiment, that has meaning: <Can Satanists get along when enclosed in the same locale?> The only thing missing to make this a cool reality show is the backstabbing sex! If all of us were stranded on a deserted island (like in Lost) and couldn't get off... boy - some of us would be plotting a murder - like in Lord Of The Flies (love the book btw), when they kill the fat boy. I can think of someone i'd like too...(X)... then there's some i wouldn't mind eloping with. To bad its just the internet.

~~352~~

#5656 - 03/14/08 06:12 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
TornadoCreator Offline

Hey. There's always cybersex with webcams and sending viruses by e-mail. That's the closest I think we'll ever get to actual sex and murder.

#5658 - 03/14/08 06:17 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: TornadoCreator]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
Hey. There's always cybersex with webcams and sending viruses by e-mail. That's the closest I think we'll ever get to actual sex and murder.
LOL; i forgot about that!? I don't know how to make viruses... but i can cybersex. Thats true. See thats all we need, backstabbing cybersex, and our Real Satanic World is complete. Thats hot. TC you wanna elope while these guys duke it out?

Yeah... if this forum were Gilligan's Island I would be Ginger... for obvious reasons. TC your the millionaire Thurston Howel cuz you have the most posts... Xear is the Skipper, cuz he owns the boat... Amina is the professor cuz she's academically inclined... DaVinci you can be Marry-Ann... whose Gilligan?

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/14/08 06:31 PM)

~~352~~

#5660 - 03/14/08 07:00 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
TornadoCreator Offline

Why the hell not. I should have been married 6 weeks already anyway so it's not like I haven't planned. Just so long as I can make one request... no church.

#5669 - 03/14/08 08:42 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: TornadoCreator]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
ha dont know about the others but this is my personal vendetta against ordenlli,i saw him in a new skin and exposed him for his lying way and if all that achomplished is that people know who they are dealing with so be it and give ammunation to others (the enemy of my enemy is my friend).i hate my enemys absolute and davinci/ordenlli is my enemy. you i have never liked your opions tc expcesslliy after you opinions on the socitey and acceptance thread. but you are not my enemy. and when you posted your pic i half expected a very ugly autsimy looking fellow as you have never show your pic and your opions on this forum but i was quite suprised to see your sexyness well done on that. remeber its easy to be wolf on the internet in rl it is alot diffrent.you have to back up your words.and half the memebers on here i bet it was some one like me that made you not want to go to school .in real life i am a predator as i know some on here are. it is my belif matthew is the prey in real life and it was some one like me beating him down in school every day all talk no action. but this can of course not ever be confirmed unless i ever come to austrilia (witch i cant even legaly leave the country right now) or matthew leigh ordenlli come to canada witch i doubt either will happen. till that day that i face my enemy in perosn he is a ghoast to me on this board, anyone can say anyhting on the net but with out the violence to back it up words are nothing.

#5670 - 03/14/08 08:47 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: TornadoCreator]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
I think this is a little more personal than you realise DaVinci, people for some reason have decided you are this weeks punching bag and quite frankly I don't care why. I think it's childish and pathetic that people want to cause a damn argument over this.

It's got nothing to do with being this weeks punching bag. In the whole time you have been here, have I ever had aweekly punching bag? No, that's just plain wrong.

Quote:
If he says it's not his name, it's not his fucking name, DEAL!
Except it is his fucking name. He has already admitted that he was Ordellani, so that is not the crux of the problem.

Below is a post I wrote last night, but never posted because I had been drinking and wanted to reread it this morning when I was sober and able to be more objective.

TC, I understand where you are coming from and what you are saying and more power to you for your beliefs.

My issue however, is that like you, I'm a completely upfront person. I don't pretend to be anything or anyone that I am not.
I'm confident enough in who and what I am to be willing to show my flaws and admit my pettiness.

The reason that I find the need to question, poke and now totally disbelieve people like DaVinci in general and DaVinci in this particular instance is that I find it offensive for someone to so thoroughly misrepresent themselves in a place that I enjoy and actually think of as a safe haven to people like myself, that are not part of the general crowd.

Iím not saying that people here are part of the general crowd, quite the opposite in fact. And Iím not saying that my opinions are the be all and end all of anything, but I do know one thing. I know bullshit when I hear it and the fact of the matter is, DaVinci has been sprouting ALOT of bullshit, for some reason known only to him.

The sad thing about it is, he is obviously intelligent and well versed in satanic philosophy and by doing what he has done, he has alienated people like myself, who are open minded, to his own detriment. Now because of his need to lie, Iím not interested in any of his opinions regardless of how intelligent, well thought out or educated they are. To me his is just a liar and in my personal world and philosophy in life, lying is right up there with rape and child abuse.

How can you have thought provoking and ethic evolving discussions with someone that isnít putting forth the same honesty as yourself?

If you go back to the beginning, back to where Ordellani first introduces himself youíll find that Matthew actually does give his full name and quite a bit of personal information. He also makes complete opposite statements to that which he makes only a month or two later when he introduces himself as DaVinci.
Ē [url=http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/258/Number/2398#Post2398[/url]

"I am Matthew Ordellani - Satanist and founder of Ordellani Studios. I enlisted in the Australian Defence Force when I was 17, and have just recently completed my training to be sworn in as an Officer in the Australian Army. Juggling my work as a web designer, and being in the ADF full-time can be a strain, but the eventual outcome is completely worth every minute of struggle.

I was first introduced to Satanism through my own curiosity at the young and impressionable age of 14. After dazzling through a few Occult books and documentaries, I eventually came to the understanding and realisation that I was a Satanist - being because I was seeing my own reflective thought-process within the philosophical literature of Anton Szandor LaVey - Founder of the Church of Satan.

I detest those who lack basic human intelligence, and those wanting to be spoon-fed information instead of doing the research beforehand. I hold honor and respect in high-esteem and dislike anyone who fails to show respect to those who have earned it, or those of authority both on the Internet, and in the real world.

I have no time nor patience for pseudo-intellectual besmirching morons who are out to 'stir the pot' and simply fool rubes. I'm a proud Father to my 3 year-old Son Eric and I am engaged to the Mother of my beautiful boy, Emily."

And back then, he was only having some sort of personal joust with Rob, but instead of standing up and saying hey, this guy is attacking me personally and I donít like it, he ran and hid only to come back with a different identity later. Not just a different identity, but a whole new ĎIím not a Satanist lineí that was a complete flip flop on something he wrote only a couple of months earlier.

He hasnít backed up any of his claims made with facts or proof, something that when I first found this club, I got thoroughly caned for doing.

You forget that maybe people like Ta2zz has previously put forward and had all these discussions on the nuances of Satanism, so unless something truly Ďnewí comes up in a thread, probably canít be bothered having the same conversations all over again.

This is probably true for quite a few of the old timers (and I donít mean literal age). I know it is for me. It really is a huge shame that all that information was lost from the old site. Had I known that that was a factor I would have been trying to back it up myself as there were things lost and discussions had that I would have liked my children to read when they are older and maybe Iím dead?

I know that I did attack him in a rather emotional manner when he made that first post about the whole sorry thing, but it would have gone no further than that, if he had been mature enough to back off, post only when he had something of relevance to add and stop trying to chase either the blue nametag or a post count. Because whether you like it or not, heís chasing something. Otherwise he would not need to fill the boards with things like ĎI donít know the answer, but there will be someone on here who doesí or write I agree with you after every comment that says what he was thinking on the subject.

We could all be doing that. Actually I personally have found that often, by the time I get through a thread (because of time zones or whatever) my initial thoughts after reading the initial post will already have been covered, which is why I make sure I read through the complete thread before answering. Because no one on here cares if I agree with something written, if I donít actually add more to the conversation.

You do however, have to expect some repercussions if you actively enjoy being considered an arsehole.

[url=http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/155/Number/2433#Post2433[/url]

ďI'm a Satanist - and quite frankly I enjoy playing the "asshole" role. If you don't like it that's your problem and you'll have to deal with the consequences of that decision.

Satanists act on impulse - and me being an asshole is generally who I am. In the words of Jack Malebranche "Put up, or shut up!"Ē

What he is failing to realise and what he is whining about in this post is that he also has to deal with the consequences of that. Actually if that statement doesnít read troll I donít know what does?

Weíre all pretty tough on this site. Matthew is never going to be the man that he pretends to be, whilst he has this attitude of Iím bigger and better than everyone else.

Ta2zz has said two of the wisest things that I have ever heard on this site. He may be overbearing to some and he may not hold the authority that apparently DaVinci needs to respect someone, but he IS worldly wise. More so than either of you boys.

One of the wise things that Ta2zz believes and you can see practices is that everyone has something to teach you. It doesntí matter if they are smarter or dumber than you. It doesnít matter if they are older or younger, richer or poorer, they do have something to teach you. There is going to be things that they know more about, because letís face it, no-one knows all about everything. So if your end goal on this site is to just win debates, you arenít actually going to be open to what others can teach you. If your not really reading what is being said, but rather thinking instead about how you'll reply to it so it looks wrong or foolish then why bother being here at all?

Now Iím hoping that this is the last I will have to say on the matter, but I canít promise you that it will be. ;\)
Zeph

#5673 - 03/14/08 09:02 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
All this shit is stupid.

This is a satanic board, not a hippy tree hugging site.

No one has to like anyone, respect anyone, tolerate anyone, or have sex with them unless they choose to.

Respect is earned.
The idiots get called out, and the weak get eaten.
If one can survive, and learn, you will thrive, and make lasting friendships.

We are all supposed to be intelligent.
I think its time to start acting it, and just ignor the idiots.
They will get tired of the lack of attention, and go away.

While the intelligence level will again rise.

Enjoy the weekend,
Morg

#5674 - 03/14/08 09:07 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: ZephyrGirl]
rob_church Offline

yes he was not my enemy till he made some outrages post aobut his so called noexistant company and insulted mine .i have no problem with people being arrogent had i looked at his site and had decent work i would have gladey told him nice work and left it alone but to insult my success when he had nothing of his own thats just weak and then to lie aobut it to try to make him self look better.im with zeph on how liers rate up their.when you are arrogent and you havent earned it that i have a problem with.

#5678 - 03/14/08 09:16 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: rob_church]
rob_church Offline

but yes i shall take my vendetta from public eye and let this site get back to its usal quality i shall post no more on this matter.i informed people on who this perosn is and that was all i wanted to do. till i meet my enemy in perosn its all just words anyways.

#5688 - 03/14/08 10:31 PM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: rob_church]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
This post is in response to everyone: Knock off this petty cunt infighting or I'm locking the thread. The only thing your replies to this shit are doing is feeding the bull and keeping it alive. Let it die.

If another user's posts grate on your nerves in some way, block them. See no stupid, read no stupid, post no stupid. If you get off on this kind of exchange with complete strangers, stick to PMing each other. The board is not a vomitorium nor a lubricated hand with which to masturbate one's ego.

Rob, thank you for stating your intention to back off. We'd all appreciate it if everyone would do the same.

Sincerely,
Nemesis

#5704 - 03/15/08 05:18 AM Re: Tolerance & Respect [Re: Nemesis]
TornadoCreator Offline

I was intending to reply but I have nothing that is an absolute must to be said, so I'll just leave it at this point now as Nemesis has requested.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.