Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#55666 - 06/10/11 09:08 AM Altars and rituals
666CryingDeath66 Offline
lurker

Loc: united states, NH
hello everyone i just finished the Satanic Bible for the first time. and as i was finishing up the rituals i realized i did not 100% get everything that needed be done. so i pieced it together and got further knowledge on exactly the way a ritual is done and the altar is set up. i am here to confirm my knowledge on this topic.

first the ritual set up

1- dress for ritual
2- shut off all lights, light candles assemble altar
3- if a woman is used as the altar she now takes position
4- purification of the air by ringing of a silver bell
5- invocation of satan and the infernal names
6-drink from silver chalice
7-turning counter clockwise the priest points to each cardinal direction
8- perform benediction with teh phallus if one is used
9- read aloud the proper invocation of the respective ceremony
10- (this is where i got confused) here you follow the directions for ex lust you will leave the room fashion imagery and obtain strong orgasm
11- the priest takes requests either verbal or written on parchment
12- the proper enochian key is read
13- the final ringing of the silver bell and "so it is done"

this makes a lot more sense at least to me in a list in the Satanic Bible the structure is a little weird so i get lost sometimes
and the altar set up you need
a cloth to cover the altar a symbol of baphomet above a black candle to the left and a white candle to the right. a sliver bell is placed on the altar at good reach along with a gong but only for group rituals
a chalice or goblet at arms length wine will be used as the elixir.
an athame of any length
phallus if used
parchment small enough pieces to be burned in the fire of the appropriate candle

if i am wrong TELL ME if i am dead on right TELL ME i need to confirm my knowledge also i hope this can help other people who were confused on the same thing i was.

#55685 - 06/11/11 12:21 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: 666CryingDeath66]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Clearly you need to read The Satanic Rituals and start looking for a classic Moog synthesizer as well. I read it really sets the mood.

I am of the belief that one read should be all anyone needs of The Satanic Bible. You either get it or you don't and that is how it should be. The fact that your asking about rituals here makes me believe your one who doesn't get it.

Other than that you can work on how you present yourself. No capitalized letters beginning each sentence, no sentence structure and those atrocious little i's when speaking of oneself.

Since I'm in the giving mood and this is 101 I'll let you know not all Satanists need ritual. Yes I used the word need.

Try harder...

Good luck on your path

~T~

#55852 - 06/14/11 08:05 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: ta2zz]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Of course I am naturally suspicious of poor grammar, but even I must concede that my first few reads of the Satanic Bible left me a bit puzzled as to how exactly LaVey intended the ceremonies to be conducted. I never bothered to actually perform the rituals as I found them a bit tacky, but that's just my own personal taste.

My own advice? Go into ritual magic blindly. Mix up Goetia, Chaos Magick, Thelema, the Black Mass... whatever impresses upon your psyche. Tempered with a good sense of scholasticism, you'll find your own sense of balance with practice.

#55857 - 06/14/11 08:43 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: The Zebu]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I, like the OP and Zebu had to give TSB a couple reads before I finally got it, but I blame that on the fact that I treated it as a text book and basically scanned through it at light speed picking out key words and concepts the first time. I didn't actually 'read' it until the second time through and it was a completely different experience.

Anyway, as far as person ritual magic goes, it's best by the accounts of most I have read from or had dealings with, including myself, that you do not take the template from another to design your rituals around. You want to structure your ritual the way you see fit so that you can create the atmosphere as you want it, not as another intended.

I don't know, I guess it depends on how much you plan on getting into ritual magic, but if you plan on using it frequently and making yourself into a mental wizard of sorts, I wouldn't even take anyone else' rituals into consideration when performing my first one. This is what I did. I went in completely blind, as Zebu said. I didn't want anyone else directly influencing my ritual through having practiced how they practiced. I'll tell you, I made myself feel stupid and self conscious as fuck the first few times I attempted, and failed, even though I was alone. But I knew that, for myself, if I wanted to get the desired effect from my rituals, they would have to be MY rituals and that I wouldn't allow any influence to be left lingering in my mind from performing someone else'.

If you are going to go into it blindly, until you learn what you actually want, learn how you need to do things for yourself in the chamber, and what tools you want to use, you're going to be failing the goal of your rituals for a while before you get the hang of it. Most likely anyway. Of course, I can't say for certain. Just practice it, and learn yourself.

#56161 - 06/22/11 02:24 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Clicks]
Domum Domini Offline
lurker

I have an absolutely beautiful one:

#56164 - 06/22/11 04:37 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Domum Domini]
Hegesias Offline

Not bothering to post an introduction and instead treading shit all over the carpet with deliberate rudeness and disrespect. You have defined yourself suitable for conclusion.

The alter you have displayed is not of your own design or achievement. If all you have to be proud of is the achievements of others then you clearly haven't done anything in your life to be exemplary of productivity.

Would the Christian be shown the correct manners.

#56165 - 06/22/11 04:38 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Domum Domini]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Yes, the Catholic Mass is a wonderful sacrament of alchemical Theophagy, laden with rich sexual and cannibalistic symbolism.

It is all the better if one replaces the light wine with a strong fortified brandy laced with human blood, and instead of stone, the altar consists of a young nubile man or woman rapt in the heights of carnal ecstasy.

Hoc est Corpus Dei

We all have our own personal preferences in paying devotion unto Our Lord.

#56167 - 06/22/11 05:22 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: The Zebu]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
 Quote:
We all have our own personal preferences in paying devotion unto Our Lord.

Verum dicis, Frater Zebu. My tradition, for example, puts more emphasis on attaining the beatific vision.

Z.

#58063 - 08/09/11 11:05 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Zophos]
Spydos Offline
Troll, banned.
lurker

I want money
Go get it, troll.

Edited by SkaffenAmtiskaw (08/09/11 11:27 AM)

#58064 - 08/09/11 11:13 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: 666CryingDeath66]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: 666CryingDeath66
if i am wrong TELL ME if i am dead on right TELL ME i need to confirm my knowledge also i hope this can help other people who were confused on the same thing i was.

I will say that getting the ritual done exactly as it's written in TSB is not important. It is a guildeline. It is best to tweak and make any ritual you perform as personal to you as possible. The more you put into it, the more you make it yours, the more you will get out of it.

Originally Posted By: Spydos
I want money

I am sure you are about to get a swift boot the fuck out of here.

#58065 - 08/09/11 11:16 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Spydos]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
"I want money".
Then I suggest you do something to acquire it.
Work is usually the most productive means.

Edited by felixgarnet (08/09/11 11:18 AM)
Edit Reason: Quote omitted.

#58066 - 08/09/11 11:18 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Wicked Satanist]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK
 Originally Posted By: Wicked Satanist
 Originally Posted By: 666CryingDeath66

Originally Posted By: Spydos
I want money

I am sure you are about to get a swift boot the fuck out of here.

Not everyone uses or needs ritual; personally I've not used it for years & still feel pretty much connected.

Only sure fire way for money is to go out & earn it like everyone else.

#58067 - 08/09/11 11:22 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: when7iseleven]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
Please don't feed the trolls, stick to the topic at hand and reply/provide accordingly.

When, Same here... I haven't performed a ritual in a long time, but have been wanting to a lot more lately. It has always been a personal thing where I would write down a ritual and then tweek it a few times.

#58068 - 08/09/11 11:41 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Wicked Satanist]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK
What is that's making you want to?? It's not something I have any urge to do anymore & don't feel any lesser for it.

Don't get me wrong in my younger days ritual was everything but now it just doen't cut it for me.

Fortunately we're all different.

#58393 - 08/21/11 01:49 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: 666CryingDeath66]
ThugJesus666 Offline
lurker

sometimes i like to pretend that me and lucifer aree taking a nice walk on the beach before i masturbate. We are fucking peoples days over; ruining sand castles, kicking sand, etc. The ocean then proceeds to catch fire and satan followers come through the flames and start murdering all the non-believers. ive got a full on rager by now. Then Lucifer turns to me and says, "im ready", and pulls down his pants. I insert like any other devil-fucker would, and my penis turns too blood and wake up. my sheets are moistly sticky from semen. i feel ashamed and go to sleep. thanks Taylor Swift. 666
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.