Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#58394 - 08/21/11 02:47 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: ThugJesus666]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: ThugJesus666
sometimes i like to pretend that me and lucifer aree taking a nice walk on the beach before i masturbate. We are fucking peoples days over; ruining sand castles, kicking sand, etc. The ocean then proceeds to catch fire and satan followers come through the flames and start murdering all the non-believers. ive got a full on rager by now. Then Lucifer turns to me and says, "im ready", and pulls down his pants. I insert like any other devil-fucker would, and my penis turns too blood and wake up. my sheets are moistly sticky from semen. i feel ashamed and go to sleep. thanks Taylor Swift. 666

Here are some tips for posting here:

• Contribute something meaningful to the discussion or leave.
  • Use correct spelling and grammar.
  • Stop being a fucking troll.

Getting back to the point of the OP, I'd say experiment with whatever works for you. If you find the format of the rituals confusing then you could always type it out on a separate document and structure it in a way that makes more sense to you. Rituals aren't necessarily written in stone and there's a lot of room for experimentation before you'll finally get it right.

The way I understand it, you won't need other tools like the gong and phallus unless you're planning an organized group ritual (but if you still want to include it anyway, go for it).

I think you should go over "The Ingredients Used in the Performance of Satanic Magic" in TSB a few more times.

#58422 - 08/21/11 04:39 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Alex Crowley]
Squiddles Offline
stranger

Loc: California
I remember having similar confusion when I first wanted to perform a ritual (which was about the same day I read the Satanic Bible). Nowadays I read it and see that it was my impatience that caused the confusion.

But you really need to understand more than just a checklist to perform an effective ritual, so it's best to re-read that chapter a few times. It will "click" the way it all fits together.

#58480 - 08/22/11 02:30 PM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Squiddles]
Managor Offline

Originally Posted By: Squiddles
I remember having similar confusion when I first wanted to perform a ritual (which was about the same day I read the Satanic Bible). Nowadays I read it and see that it was my impatience that caused the confusion.

But you really need to understand more than just a checklist to perform an effective ritual, so it's best to re-read that chapter a few times. It will "click" the way it all fits together.

Practice practice practice.

One of my friends is a Satanist(LaVeyan) and I watched two or so rituals he did, and then I did four or five rituals with him before doing it on my own. Watching him gave me a general idea of what I was doing, and every ritual now is just a learning lesson.

All you need is your mind and you have everything you need.

I personally have robes, an athame and an altar, but each to his own.

Edited by Managor (08/22/11 02:32 PM)

#58875 - 09/06/11 12:00 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: Managor]
HornedOne Offline
lurker

Loc: OK, USA
I have never once done a ritual and really never intend to do one. I have a rational mindset and in my opinion if I tried to worship an entity that I don't thinks exists in the same way people say "God" exists, that undertaking such an act would prove irrational, dishonest, and hypocritical. Now, on the other hand don't let my opinion discourage your use of ritual. One of the best aspects of Satanism is its emphasis on freewill.
#58878 - 09/06/11 02:35 AM Re: Altars and rituals [Re: HornedOne]
RobertDonohue Offline
stranger

Loc: NY USA
One should never worry about checklists and choreography when it comes to ritual. A ritual is a tool used to gather and devote emotional energy to a predetermined goal.

If your worrying about technicalities, your focus is off of your goal.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.