Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#56428 - 07/01/11 06:43 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I understand the reasoning behind the temporary ban.

If there are lessons to be learned from this, it is to not count your words but make them count, and if someone has nothing to offer, wonder if you are.

For the rest, nothing to see, no harm done, proceed please.

D.

#56429 - 07/01/11 09:09 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
"I enjoy the word soup and salad better than the whos the best black metal band posts."

Sure sure, and I enjoy getting kicked in the nuts better than having my fingernails pulled with pliers. Surely there is a third option?

#56432 - 07/02/11 12:50 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
The third option is to put him on ignore and quit bitching.

That being said, it was always an option.

M

#56434 - 07/02/11 02:50 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Yes, the morgan era is in place. Let mediocrity have full reign.

You know, I don't know why I ever went to bat for you at all. Making you a mod has single handedly ruined this place. Consider this my resignation.

#56436 - 07/02/11 05:02 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

I see.

You have no idea about the past you weren't there. If anything, the emotional whiney bullshit that is going on wouldn't have been stood for. A few blues would have been on a time out.

You don't like my opinions, fine.
I don't turn my back on friends because of a difference of opinion over a man.

So, I ruined this place because I enjoyed Hegasis writings.
or
was it because I just temp banned someone for hitting on me and being annoying through private messages
or
was it some other reason you want to put out there?

Thanks Dan, that's 3 times, you pulled shit like this on me since December. I have to say, sadly I expected it.

Whatever, do as you will, its no skin off my ass.

Morgan

#56437 - 07/02/11 05:16 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Yes, the morgan era is in place. Let mediocrity have full reign.

Mediocrity has always been in full reign on the internet Dan. There are priorities my man and this should not be important enough to escalate into anything.

D.

#56439 - 07/02/11 06:49 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Consistency, Morgan.

You know how I feel about you, and damned if it doesn't make me sad as hell to see you sticking up for someone who, if you are going to be honest with yourself, has done the same thing that you, Nem, and others have been four square against in the past and have indeed supported for banning. Heg has posted SHIT. Rambling, off topic, random word soup that, were it OrgasmicKarmatic or Xuigi (or whatever her name was), you would (and did) want banned.

Me too. I won't be hypocritical about it. I, as did you and others, demanded that people come up to standard, rather than lowering our standards to meet the lowest denominator. We've used counseling, and we've used temp-bans and some have bounced back and become regulars people could enjoy reading. You, Nem, Diavolo, and Skaff have all spoken to Heg and he has, each time, reverted to form. A temp-ban was the next logical step.

So now all of this threatening because several people (and not just a few of us blues) call him out to step up his game. Nem even said it... he's been talked to over and over. It's reminiscent of Meq with his threats, Morg... and DAMN, if that doesn't make me sad to say. But if it means you'll be telling me I should get a "time out," please, if that's what you need to do, go ahead and do it. The 600 Club isn't the be all and end all of my existence. If you want my "blue suit," take it. I think I can function perfectly well here with or without it. If you think that means our friendship is over... well then, it would appear all I have done was waste time and good thoughts for someone I truly respect and admire. But I've made my bones here, just as you, Diavolo, Nem and others have. Threats don't faze me much.

Now, if we're going to lower that standard, great. It's not my board, and I don't make the rules. But let's be consistent and let's be intellectually honest and do it for all. and not just those you agree with or enjoy reading, because that can truly be said for each person who is banned for "word to value" ratios, etc. SOMEBODY is enjoying their writings, even though others might not. Let's simply drop the facade and admit that The 600 Club is NOT a cut above other sites, but just another site where one can come and post whatever, whenever. Instead of it becoming Fist's "Nexus" on the web, it can become just another of the thousands of other sites with black backgrounds and the wannabes of "the dark side" rolling 16 sided dice and throwing fireballs.

Even Camelot fell.

But please, my dear friend... and you know I mean that... don't YOU fall with it.

#56440 - 07/02/11 07:42 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Jake999]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Let me see if understand this....

You and Dan are both pissed and threatening to leave over 1 persons writings.

No one else has.

Its funny and sad.
You both call me soft because I and the other Mods didn't ban his ass when you both called for it back in April.

Now he gets a time out, and I get called out for being the downfall of this place because I didn't agree with it.

I simply explain how things were in the past, and you get pissed.

Honestly, nothing will make the two of you happy in regards to Hegesis. Do you both want his head on a plate?

You both don't know what get discussed between the Mods and Administration. Yet you both are claiming to know what is best.

Whatever, I'm tired, this is stupid.
I like both you guys but I don't understand the emotions wrapped up in this.
You both got your way, he was temp banned yesterday.
So why aren't you both happy now?

Morgan

#56441 - 07/02/11 09:32 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
Jake999 Offline

I'm not pissed. I haven't threatened to leave. I told you I don't post much here anymore because of the general direction the place has taken. I stand by that, but I have never stopped supporting this place or trying to make it better.

DAN called you the downfall of this place, Morg. I didn't. My personal take on the reason things are going downhill is that there's no sense of direction and that the standards we once knew are lacking. Hardly YOUR fault. It seems systemic, and the owner of the site is absent. When he does appear in chat, he says a few things, but not to those who have the hammer. It's clear that a clear sense of direction from Rick is in order, but I'm sure from what he's said in chat that he's busy as hell, much to the site's detriment. I consider Dan a very good friend, but we don't always agree or think alike by any means.

What I want with Hegesis is the same thing I want with every other poster. I want to be able to go through a thread and read it... digest it... and not have to plod through 1000 words of gobbledegoop saying the same thing over and over, to get to the 20 words that might have meaning to the thread at hand. Yes, I know we can put people on ignore. I have him on ignore. But when following the threads, something relevant to the subject at hand from one of his posts might be mentioned and, to put it into context usually requires seeing how he used his words within the text of his post... have to go out of ignore for that, and then it's like pulling wisdom teeth to get through. If it were on thread or two, mox nix. But the man has word barfed in many threads, usually out of context.

OK. The man has temp ban and what I am hoping is that he gets it under control. Nothing more and nothing less. I'm sure that there are several on the Forums who agree with me, if only for the fact that we'd like to not HAVE to put people on ignore. I regularly read the posts of people I don't agree with and enjoy the experience... MAA for one... he's not on ignore, and he makes long posts as well, but they have meaning and he's not "talking out of his ass" -- most of the time. \:\)

As for being happy... babycakes, happy is just something that the boards can't make me... can't make me sad either. This is simply a Forum. While I might feel strongly about something, anger seldom occurs. Joy seldom occurs. Most times, It's more like irritation when my time is sucked up plodding through 1000 words that could have conveyed a message in 200. Hey... I'm old. Minutes count.

Edited by Jake999 (07/02/11 09:35 AM)
Edit Reason: ** I consider Dan a very good friend...

#56446 - 07/02/11 12:26 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Jake999]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Morgan you simply ruined this place. You fucked up the zach situation, you routinely threaten people both in public and behind closed doors with 'my way or the highway' toe the line or else bullshit, you are rude, disrespectful to those whom have shown you nothing but respect (myself) and you seem incapable of owning your actions about any of it. Frankly, I feel nothing but disgust for you anymore, and by proxy this place I once loved that you have single handedly turned to shit.

For the record, because I know you are going to try to spin this, this has nothing to do with hegasias, or the lackadaisical moderation of this place. This is simply a straw piled on top of a mountain of fucking straws, all re YOU morgan, and the horses back can only take so much.

#56449 - 07/02/11 01:19 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

As a matter of public record, and as a matter of clarification, I have a deep respect for most of the blue names here, and also many of the greens, especially Skaf and Nem. If my laying it out like this, stepping over the line we are supposed to toe, results in my removal from the familiars, it's a price well paid for no longer holding my tongue on this. This is something that has been ongoing for a long time, and though this is just my voice here, publicly, many of these same sentiments have been expressed to me by many others.

#56452 - 07/02/11 01:26 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Dan, if people would get de-blued for having criticism, I'd be white as a babies ass. It takes more than stepping on toes. Issues are there to be solved.

D.

#56454 - 07/02/11 01:36 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

We shall see, D, we shall see.

#56467 - 07/02/11 04:45 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Lets see...

The Zach situation was solved and fixed. He is active and a member here. Would you like a signed note from him saying so? Zach is a grown man, and can defend himself. If he and I settled that shit, who are you to try to reopen it?

I don't threaten people. I don't have to.
I list options, no one pays to be here. Its the internet, if you don't like it, change the channel or put someone on ignore.

Really, if possible can you list the people who feel that I disrespected them? Anyone?

I see, so once again because I didn't tow your line and agree with a banning that happened, I am the ruination of this place.
Hmm, sounds kinda petty because you got your way and that person is banned.

So now you hate me, and what I have supposedly done for no reason?

Its not about Zach, its not about Hegasis, its not about the idiot who bothered me chat. Then maybe its time you looked inside and find out why on a personal level you have so much hatred towards me now after all the times in the past I defended your ass, and pushed for you to be made blue again.

I don't understand you Dan, and I am sorry that all this hatred towards me has been made public fodder. This isn't SIN, this isn't the fight room, this is the 600club, but I guess the vernier of civility is off.

All in all, I don't hate you. I am just saddened that you feel this way.

M

#56469 - 07/02/11 06:12 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

I don't hate you, Morgan, and frankly am a little disappointed you again deflect all responsibility and have chosen to pull the victim card here.

Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.