Page 4 of 8 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#56472 - 07/02/11 07:04 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA

(1) You have a personal problem with another 600Cer, take it to PM. If that doesn't work, [also privately] ask the mediation of someone up the totem pole.

(2) You don't like someone's posts, just put him/her on "ignore" and give your time & attention to other 600Cers who do interest and impress you. [As a matter of courtesy, don't post concerning an "ignored" person.]

(3) People who post here presumably expect some interest and feedback. If enough people "ignore" you, formally or otherwise, you'll eventually lose interest and leave. So "ignore" is a gradual, non-crisis, problem solver, not a buck-passer.

(4) Indeed, if I were designing this board and had the option, I would add to each person's postings the names of those 600Cers currently "ignoring" him/her. Everyone involved might learn something constructive.

(5) Lighten up, take slow/deep breaths, go do a workout at the gym, get laid, watch the sunset.

... just my

#56478 - 07/02/11 09:16 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
For once I agree with you Pat. You will hear no more of this from me \:\)

#56563 - 07/05/11 08:11 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

There's only one "schizoid personality disorder" and I never said that "most satanists" have it. And yes, it's harmful to those satanists, but Satanism can be a form of therapy for this disorder.
#56564 - 07/05/11 09:40 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Are you a Satanist? Have you been with a Satanist? Do you "see" any other personality disorders?

From everything I've read on SPD, that's not an accurate "diagnosis". Satanists "choose" to withdrawl from specific people in their lives, where someone with SPD doesn't have a choice. It happens because of the SPD, which is completely different. Also, those with SPD are "emotionally cold", again without choice. I personally am not emotionally cold at all and I happen to know several other Satanists that aren't. We choose who we "allow" to see our emotions (completely). Again, a huge difference.

#56578 - 07/06/11 04:40 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

I don't consider myself a satanist.

On the other hand I know quite few satanists. I also know one who has SPD diagnosed by a psychiatrist.

Also, I don't see other personality disorders within satanist community. One might expect antisocial personality disorder, but it does not seem to be the case.

You see, people with SPD "choose" to withdraw too. It's their "choice".

And again, I've never said that most satanists have it. SPD is pretty rare. But even if 10% of satanists have it, it would be much more prevalent than within the general population.

#56583 - 07/06/11 09:50 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Nyte Offline

I'm done giving you the opportunity to at least show justification as to why you take an "educated guess" the way you have about Satanists and then all you do is blither. I'll make this quite simple for you.....

Your statement..."But even if 10% of satanists have it, it would be much more prevalent than within the general population." is not an educated guess by any stretch. The highlighted word proves that BUT I'll help you out a bit further.

Here's something to get your teeth around that are facts....
http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/mentalhealthstats.html
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/Americans-Continue-Believe-God.aspx

The GP has many more "issues" than most Satanists I know. \:D

#56606 - 07/07/11 11:18 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

I never said that I know the exact percentage of satanists that have SPD. I'm only saying that it would be more than within the general public. That's all.

Maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions, especially wrong conclusions and then being defensive about them?

#56621 - 07/07/11 09:38 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Nyte Offline

Originally Posted By: assault_ninja
I never said that I know the exact percentage of satanists that have SPD. I'm only saying that it would be more than within the general public. That's all.

Maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions, especially wrong conclusions and then being defensive about them?

You made a statement, and I've repeatedly tried to get you to answer questions to figure out how you came to your "educated guess" to no avail. Now you're stating you don't know the percentage but that SPD would be higher in Satanists than the GP? Why do you think that is? Because you know some Satanists and 1 is diagnosed with it so you apply that reasoning to all Satanists?

Never mind, it's not like you're going to give a straight answer anyways. And it's not like you've given tangible reasoning to anything else.

#56645 - 07/08/11 04:03 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

Because I know some Satanists, I'm sure that a couple of them have it, a few more may have it, and in one case it is confirmed.

That's the thing with SPD, it's rarely confirmed clinically people with it just don't go to psychiatrists.

#56647 - 07/09/11 03:40 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
Come on man, Nyte is repeatingly asking you a simple question and you just keep evading and bouncing around it.

Why can't you just admit that you made a mistake bringing up your 'educated guess' which you can't back up since it is based on your own ideas rather than real statistics and facts?

#56648 - 07/09/11 06:46 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Daafje666]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

Do you know the difference between a guess and a confirmed theory?
#56651 - 07/09/11 10:38 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
If a theory was confirmed and proved true, it wouldn't be a theory anymore.

A guess and/or a theory, the respect given either is based upon any research done in regards to such ideas.

If you haven't done any true research, and are just postulating bs based on your own ideas, just fucking admit it, and move along.

"Because I know some Satanists, I'm sure that a couple of them have it, a few more may have it, and in one case it is confirmed."

Hmm, so this can be applied to anything?
Cocks, kids, tattoos, virgins on altars, dead cats swinging from chandlers, bats in the belltowers, and dead cars sitting on bricks?

M

#56654 - 07/09/11 02:22 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

According to you my guess or whatever you'd call it, would NEVER be a theory. Because it's truth status can be either inconclusive or conclusive. If it's inconclusive it's BS or if it's conclusive it's not a theory. That's a really weird understanding of what a theory is.

Yes, this kind of thinking can be applied to anything. It's called induction. And yes, I'm aware of possible problems with it.

#56659 - 07/09/11 04:16 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
This sounds to me like: 'You said it, you believe it and that settles it'

As a matter of fact I DO know the difference between a guess and a confirmed theory. But I would never post a theory here unless it's for constructive reasons and I have really done some research to back up my theory.

Morgan beat me to it saying you haven't done any research at all to back up your so called
guess-theory-induction-whatever you want to call it.
And yet again, you don't answer the question Morgan asks you but start rattling about what the difference between a guess and a theory is according to you instead.

We have a saying in The Netherlands: (literally translated): A cat pushed into a corner makes strange jumps.

#56664 - 07/09/11 05:29 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Daafje666]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

If you know the difference, how would you explain your previous post?

The only research to be done here is a proper study. It's also rather hard to set up, but still possible. Maybe someday I'll do it, if nobody does before me...

I'm not asking anybody to believe me until there is a study, but I think that this subject is important enough, so people within the satanist community should be at least aware of such possible connection, even though it's not conclusively proven yet.

You should not believe me, if you don't have the proper knowledge of both subjects and see the connection yourself, but some people here are too dismissive, IMO. As if their egos somehow got harmed by my humble theory. I think that's what LaVey called counterproductive pride.

P.S. Induction is in no way a synonym to guess\theory. Induction is how somebody comes up with a theory. The other way is deduction.

Page 4 of 8 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.