Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#56676 - 07/09/11 09:49 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
And, you are stating this because you know how many Satanists, 3, 5, 7, or 9? How many in real life?

"The only research to be done here is a proper study. It's also rather hard to set up, but still possible. Maybe someday I'll do it, if nobody does before me..."

So basically, its just your opinion, based on a whim with no real data or research.

Its not an ego or pride thing, if you can't back your shit up, you will be called on it. No one here takes anything for granted. For something that you seemed so sure of, you lack any proof or research. Just a lot of hot air.

Morgan

#56678 - 07/10/11 12:58 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Morgan]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Thank you both, Morgan and Daafje. I was beginning to think I was the only one seeing Assult do his little dance.

Assult, if I used your reasoning with the GP, I could easily counter with a lot (more than your mere 10%) of those that claim to be Christian and have Schizophrenia because out of several Christians I know personally, 4 have Schizophrenia and 3 of those 4 are diagnosed. All 4 have extreme symptoms of SPD and obviously stand the better chance of having SPD, but haven't been diagnosed. I also know several more Christians that have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and more with severe depression issues. All of these exhibit SPD symptoms.

If you had taken 2 seconds to look at the links I provided you with, you would have understood that your guess is not an "educated guess" at all. The GP (everyone to include Satanists) have some serious mood/mind shit going on with everyone and anyone being medicated for these issues and it has nothing to do with them being from a select group, like Satanism. Perhaps you should go look at the links now?

When you do your little survey, you better know your stats on the GP as well, since you seem to have this need to make the comparison that way. Just make sure you get your numbers straight, because someone WILL call you on them.

#56684 - 07/10/11 06:07 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Diavolo]
Pull The Plug Offline
lurker

I think I'm a psychic vampire. I'm working on it though.

Satanism does help.

I seem to enjoy others' suffering. I have found, after observing my own actions and being more conscious of a being (read: The Power of Now, by Eckart Tolle - I don't support his beliefs 100% but it helped me a lot in my everyday life), that I seem to (used to?) make it a point of all social interaction to hurt the other as much as possible.

Why is this? It must be some malfunction in my brain. Most likely, though, I think its how I was brought up. My father is the same way. I hate the thought of turning into him.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your debate or whatever, I just read the first post and figured I should give my .02

If anybody has any suggested reading or any other support that would be great. Therapist would be good, unfortunately I doubt I could afford one.

#56685 - 07/10/11 06:15 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

And here we go again...

Whatever problems the general public has is besides the point here. That would not affect the connection of SPD with Satanism in any way. Are you going to bring that up again?

Quote:
The GP (everyone to include Satanists) have some serious mood/mind shit going on with everyone and anyone being medicated for these issues and it has nothing to do with them being from a select group, like Satanism.

You don't have any evidence to say that. Any kind of identifiable group may have specific mental health differences from the general public.

Also, just so you know, SPD is mutually exclusive with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. That's why your friends were not diagnosed with it.

Morgan: Call me out on what? On the fact that there was no study on it yet? Well, that's pretty easy — I said this myself on the page one of this thread. Or me being sure in my own theory, until it's proven wrong? Don't see anything wrong with that.

As to your question, how many satanists I know... It's about 10 real-life and some more online.

#56687 - 07/10/11 11:47 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Assult, you seem to have forgotten why this conversation got started in the first place and why I have been questioning you all along. Let me refresh your memory and quote you directly, "On the other hand I'm pretty sure that there are more satanists with schizoid personality disorder, than within general public."

Those are your words and the very reason I questioned you in the first place. You make a general statement, then you damn well better be able to back it up with more than "I know....". You're not playing with the GP anymore, but a group of people that understand the fine lines drawn on many levels. So yes....here YOU go again. Next time think about how you word things if you don't want someone to call you on them.

BTW...this statement, "You don't have any evidence to say that. Any kind of identifiable group may have specific mental health differences from the general public." is comical at best coming from you of all people after your performance here in this thread.

#56747 - 07/12/11 11:57 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
Sanfilippoj Offline
lurker

Well i just found this site googling satanic views on bi polar disorder and had to reply first off i know my grammar is not the best i am going to college now to work on this so i apologize a head of time second off i know this form isn't talking about bi polar however i do have a life experience that i feel could answer the original post miss may posted back in 2009 if something like this was posted earlier i am just here to share... end disclaimer

iv been bi polar 1 all my life which got out of hand at age 10 i would have rages and say things and break things not really meaning too i would also have periods of being hypertensives and trouble sleeping growing up in a baptist family my father and step mother saw this as well the devils work so they took me to church and i got involved for a while they had me scared i was possessed and i blamed everything on well the devil and bad medication that was me until i was 14 and because of my rapid mood swing lost my first love before hand i prayed and prayed make it go away when i lost her i was no longer angry at the devil and unfortunately i wasn't angry at myself either no now i was even more foolish and was angry at god so i stopped praying stopped going to church and stopped my medication as i grew older with puburity my condition worstened until i was about 17 in jail on a domestic battery charge from fighting with my dad did 8hrs in holding cell then went straight to school talking to my English teacher about it concerned he asked me if i wanted to better my life i told him yes and out of his desk he pulled out the Satanic Bible he told me he wasn't pushing religion on me in anyway and to read the book like i would a self improvement book and he promised me i wouldn't be parsing the devil under a full moon so i read the book when i got home in one setting the effect the Satanic Bible had on my life was amazing it taught me what i was doing wrong all that time i spent pointing my finger at satan i should have been talking a look in the mirror the Satanic Bible taught me to take responsibility for my actions sence then iv gotton my ged held 2 jobs at once had my own place im 20 and fully indepent and now that i have medical insurance again seeking treatment for my relapsing bipolar (however handing it alot better and more maturely thanks to lavey ;\) ) iv never taken it to an extream and was never active on any forms or groups until now by the advice of my wise grandmother told me if Satanism helped you coped then then now's the time to get involved with it on a deeper level to overcome it so in closing the Satanic Bible made me a better person today rather then the out of control person i was yesterday feel free to make any comments to this feel free to ask me anything and i hope this gives helps for the original topic of how would the Satanic Bible affect a mentally ill person and going a little off topic i would also like to say iv battled a drug addiction and have been sober for over a yr not because i gave myself over to a higher power but because i took myself away from a higher power

#56798 - 07/14/11 02:13 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

If that doesn't work, [also privately] ask the mediation of someone up the totem pole.

(2) You don't like someone's posts, just put him/her on "ignore"
... just my

What is this the Army General? Do we all follow the chain of command now? And where are our stress cards?

Edited by blackzach (07/14/11 02:25 AM)

#56823 - 07/14/11 02:40 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Sanfilippoj]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Sanfilippoj, trying to make sense of your post could make anyone go crazy. A few pieces of advice:

1. Grammer (punctuation, capitalization, spelling) is a good thing.
2. Spacing your ideas into small bite-sized chunks called paragraphs? Also good.
3. Browse the forum for a bit, and you'll see how following 1 and 2 make things so much better for the reader.

A few more posts like the last one and you'll certainly get banned. It seems like you have something meaningful to say, but it won't matter if you don't say it properly. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

#56910 - 07/15/11 04:52 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

I've never said that I know exactly how many more. I'm sure that there is a connection, but details of it are yet to be studied.

Well you're asking for evidence of something you find doubtful, why I can't? Let's see if you do better than me.

2Sanfilippoj: Nice to see somebody who were really helped by Satanism.

On a related note, another interesting area of research concerning Satanism would be tracking changes to the lives of people who were introduced to it. May lead to interesting conclusions...

#56913 - 07/15/11 06:19 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
 Quote:
I've never said that I know exactly how many more. I'm sure that there is a connection, but details of it are yet to be studied.

Well, this sounds a lot more balanced.

Quote:
Well you're asking for evidence of something you find doubtful, why I can't? Let's see if you do better than me.

Remember you were the one making a statement without any evidence. But if anyone on this forum comes up with statements\guesses\whatever without evidence in the future, you should call them on it.

But really no hostility intended, I hope you will do your study someday. I'm really curious of the outcome, will you let me know? ;\)

#58158 - 08/13/11 02:04 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Diavolo]
RobertDonohue Offline
stranger

Loc: NY USA
I feel no religion should be used to cure or aid mental illness. That could prove to be very dangerous. a person in the wrong frame of mind may get overzealous
#58172 - 08/13/11 05:11 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: RobertDonohue]
Hegesias Offline

Jesuitical Judeo-Christian values deny natural human functioning, this repression creates an environment for unhealthy psychology to develop, unseen.

Consider some people are beyond such a morality and still thinking good and evil morality is an absolute abounds reality. They will consider themselves a “evil person” in a negative context even setting their aims at lowly and despicable compromises. they may dislike this about themselves in some way, whilst still their nature would cause them to be beyond such a morality, hence carrying negative feelings and negative connotations about being isolated in their “different” psychology in the company of others.

People with mental health illness often have habits such as drugs, smoking, drinking alcohol and obesity, whilst a certain personality type also labelled a “disorder” believes in taking care of themselves, health, exercise etc. whilst the only “disorder” comes to those who reek like prey and practically beg to be exploited; the dog like men who let themselves be abused.

“Oh my goodness! That's evil just for thinking like that and so we want to destroy you!” Hence proving my point.

Overzealous? That's a naysaying word which sets a fictional line between fictional absolutes. A Satanist does not set limits to experience nor does he submit to anyone or anything.

Nonserviam seems to be misinterpreted as being oneself only insofar as it is acceptable. Somewhere along the lines, some “Satanists” seem to think they ought to follow the Jesuitical model of psychology.

Edited by Hegesias (08/13/11 05:39 PM)

#58184 - 08/13/11 11:27 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Hegesias]
a. don Offline
pledge

Satanism isn't a magical pill that's going to solve the world's problems and each and every person in it. And it shouldn't be. Just imagine an army of satanists with this mentality, preaching that the path of salvation and the answer to one's problems is through TSB: As soon as you realize, Satanism would be on par to christian-like proselytization. The prospect of that makes me shudder.

However, if you find inspiration or a rational guideline in TSB, that is totally different. But if you are looking for an emotional substitute for emotional problems, then you haven't really solved the underlying cause(s) of such. A rational inclination to the LHP (or to anything for that matter) is not only preferable, but a lot more healthy.

Let the professionals (psychologists and psychiatrists) do the job, which only consists of pointing out what you need to do (although psychiatrists may find it in your interest to prescribe drugs depending on the gravity of the problem).

Edited by a. don (08/13/11 11:28 PM)

#58202 - 08/15/11 02:54 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: RobertDonohue]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: RobertDonohue
I feel no religion should be used to cure or aid mental illness. That could prove to be very dangerous. a person in the wrong frame of mind may get overzealous

Religion is a form of mental illness, albeit a voluntary* one but a form of mental illness none-the-less. Anyone who believes in any god(s) or devil(s) or any other form of childish bullshit is automatically in the wrong frame of mind. Any believer can easily turn into a fanatic (overzealous) with very little provocation, which makes religious belief inherently dangerous.

* "Voluntary" meaning the willful acceptance, or retention of, religious belief; despite, or without regard to, conflicting evidence.

#58211 - 08/15/11 11:12 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Hegesias Offline

I conjecture that because the model of thinking of westerners is based upon religious values and the illusions abounds those values amount to the greater web of negative connotations in peoples psychology.

I would venture to argue that religion is the “essence” of mental illness which emerges in many forms.

The cognitive dissonance abounds natural drives and naysaying in the mind creating confusion as to what is “real”.

All manner of schizophrenic symptoms and narcissism is in the bible, hallucinations and magical thinking abounds.

Edited by Hegesias (08/15/11 11:15 AM)

Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.