Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#58250 - 08/16/11 01:18 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Hegesias]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
I don't care much about psychiatry, because sometimes I think it's lucrative business and other form of control. In Western Europe percentage of people with different psychiatric disorders are many times higher as in Latvia, where we don't have so good medical care and I found similarities with doctors business...

Maybe it's only my opinion, but I think, that healthy person is lost client for doctors.

#58510 - 08/23/11 06:52 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Latvian]
Hegesias Offline

ASPD behaviours are selectively predicated on a lack of affective empathy in a certain tone of naysaying, academically demonised by Judeo-Christian morality cloaked in a white laboratory coat. This is withholding of an important affirmation by means of ambiguity.

What does this mean?

“Affective empathy” and “cognitive empathy” are not distinguished but merely quoted as “empathy” in association with the word “lacking” and other emotive word combinations that stand out in among dead words by design, slogans such as “emotional poverty” in place of emotional control and understanding.

Said individuals propensity and its emergence, the all pervasive impulse being able to run its course in a society of mediocrity without negatively affecting the individual is dependent on intelligence. Obviously low intelligence ASPD's will be despicably tactless opportunists and get caught for their peasantry crimes.

Seeking stimulation is both normative and rational for highly adaptive intelligentsia. No amount of “therapy” can reverse evolution.

#58542 - 08/24/11 03:36 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Hegesias]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Judeo-Christian morality cloaked in a white laboratory coat
Very good point! I think you are right!

There is a lot of hypocrisy - sometimes doctors can have more disorders than their patients, but they just know – it’s normal and there I always remember first satanic statement about stupidity and it is so with these disorders, if you are stupid and go to them, when you're in bad mood, you can be put on drugs. It is doctors business… They need patients.

It's similar with psychological tests - when you do in good mood, you can have perfect scores, but when you're depressed - you find out - you have some disorder.

#65733 - 03/27/12 03:28 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Hegesias]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
Those who have a mental illness are truly more aware of certain aspects of the world than normal people. Some of the most recognized scientists, writers, and artists are well known for their psychopath tendencies. If someone understands their emotions and pays attention to them enough then their intention should still be known even if it is lost in times of chaos. Therefore psychic vampires are not necessarily people with psychological problems.
#65809 - 03/30/12 11:48 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
wagthedog Offline

The term mental illness has a haphazard way of being interpreted. Something is only a mental illness if it has a direct and tangible correlation to upsetting your life. OCD might be a good one if you use that force to be dedicated to your work and station in life and say exercise as some people do by definition you do not have a mental illness. If you had OCD and your pattern of behavior impeded your work, social relations and health then it certainly would be classified as such.
#65814 - 03/31/12 05:06 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
Frumious Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Psychotherapy might as well be deemed a religious practice - and when I say that, I am not being derogatory. I am not disparaging it. Quite the contrary. My comment is made in the context of the only religion I could ever claim, which is I-Theism. Psychotherapy done right is the art and science of helping someone probe, confront, and terminate self-deception, so as to expand the domain of self-awareness, which will always be the desideratum of any I-Theistic practice.

#76465 - 05/19/13 07:41 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: Miss May
i honestly believe that anyone suffering from this disorder would find the Satanic Bible extremely useful in their recovery, if they were open to the idea of it. I would greatly appreciate any input from my fellow satanists this subject. Do any of you believe this philosophy to hold water.....

Why do you believe this? In my personal observation and experience, people with BPD are already reading TSB and run amok in the world, in fact you can find them on most Social Networks. Some are medicated. Some are on-again/off-again with their medication. They have a twisted perception of the world, and have no real interest or ability in managing themselves. They seem to have a vested interest in trying to manage everyone else and blame everyone else for their problems.

See: Updates to the DSM-V and BPD

Most people that suffer BPD are impaired, the last thing you want to throw more fuel on the fire by pushing reading material on them that just over-complicate their sense of self. It's already in turmoil.

I've been following the Jodi-Arias case. (3) Clinicians tested her using Diagnostic tools, and only 1 out of 3 came up with a real prognosis using raw data and objective evaluation methods. She was diagnosed with BPD. Based on her patterns of provable behaviors, I'd say that's accurate and she carried out a poorly planned murder. Would I want her armed with the TSB? Perhaps, if only to carry out a better exit plan, she completely botched the clean-up and covering her tracks. Instead she chose to use wiles to try to fool the public into believing she was a battered person and suffered from PTSD. Had she not had BPD, she may have gotten away with it. Her patterns of behaviors is what found her guilty.

#85906 - 03/21/14 02:41 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: SIN3]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

HERE is a cute cartoon which offers an overview of BPD.

Brain Imaging of BPD.

See also: Article

Quote:
The findings, by Harold W. Koenigsberg, MD, professor of psychiatry at Mount Sinai School of Medicine suggest individuals with BPD are unable activate neurological networks that would help to control feelings.

The research will be published in the journal Biological Psychiatry.

Using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), researchers viewed how the brains of people with BPD reacted to social and emotional stimuli.

Koenigsberg found that when people with BPD attempted to control and reduce their reactions to disturbing emotional scenes, the anterior cingulate cortex and intraparetical sulci areas of the brain that are active in healthy people under the same conditions remained inactive in the BPD patients.

“This research shows that BPD patients are not able to use those parts of the brain that healthy people use to help regulate their emotions,” said Dr. Koenigsberg.

Once Jodi Arias was diagnosed, having watched all the testimony, there didn't appear to be a defense prepared from the scientific aspect of what regulated her actions. She was found guilty because she was capable of pre-planning and concocting a narrative (Domestic Abuse) as well as her initial denials of having killed her estranged boyfriend.

Still, it strikes me as odd, that she would be referred to the prison system vs. a medical facility, if the BPD diagnosis is being accepted by the State of AZ as legit.

#85936 - 03/22/14 09:29 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
Azerelus Offline
stranger

Loc: California, USA,
 Originally Posted By: Miss May
In satanism, stability is sought after and i honestly believe that anyone suffering from this disorder would find the Satanic Bible extremely useful in their recovery, if they were open to the idea of it. I would greatly appreciate any input from my fellow satanists this subject. Do any of you believe this philosophy to hold water.....

Considering how every other holy book ever written was badly misinterpreted and used as a weapon or a 'good reason' for people to do some pretty crazy crap.... I think in the wrong hands the Satanic Bible could become a powerful weapon.

Look at how badly people take 'Do as thou Wilt' and turn it into a reason to pursue their freak show desires without understanding the responsibility and potential consequences implied by this simple 'law'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every person with this condition will leap to the wrong extreme... but one of the underlying symptoms of this disorder is a tendency to go to extremes. Seems like a set up for a really bad time exists.

I think some of the tenants of the Satanic Bible would be helpful. I even think that some of the tenants of the christian bible would also be helpful - but there needs to be guidance, structure and a full ability to read and understand the context and what is really being said and application with a rational mind.

The Satanic Bible must be read with a rational mind, and reasoning applied to its words. When that is impossible for the reader (or there is a general lack of willingness) we end up with people abusing the word, and using it to justify all manner of deeds which I guess the word 'evil' would sum up nicely.

The first question should be is if the individual is capable (willing and able are two different things) to approach the Book with a rational mind? Can they apply real reason, or does their disorder end up leading their rational mind astray?

People don't actually recover from these sorts of disorders. They can learn tools to make their life easier, tools to cope with the drives that lead to things like cutting... But 'recover' not really - perpetually recovery (like the addict who takes it one day at a time to keep from using) is possible.

So yes some of the Satanic Teachings can indeed be applied as tools on the road of recovery. Which teachings are tools and which are road blocks and potential landmines in recovery? That would depend on the individual and how their symptoms present and how the disorder affects them. Not everyone with BPD presents the exact same symptoms.

#85950 - 03/23/14 12:30 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Azerelus]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
The Satanic Bible must be read with a rational mind, and reasoning applied to its words. When that is impossible for the reader (or there is a general lack of willingness) we end up with people abusing the word, and using it to justify all manner of deeds which I guess the word 'evil' would sum up nicely.

Perhaps you might cite an example of this evil you speak of.

Quote:
People don't actually recover from these sorts of disorders. They can learn tools to make their life easier, tools to cope with the drives that lead to things like cutting... But 'recover' not really - perpetually recovery (like the addict who takes it one day at a time to keep from using) is possible.

The mind can trigger some rather interesting neurological responses. Such as the case, with the brain scan data I shared.

Quote:
reduced activity in a frontal area of the brain, called the subgenual anterior cingulate

Most of the scientific reporting demonstrates that behavior therapy reaps the most effective results. In other words, patients are trained how to regulate their own emotions, which triggers the subgenual anterior cingulate. When prescription medications are added to the treatment plan, these are usually to manage other symptoms vs. the BPD itself. In some cases, it can even exacerbate matters.

So I think the question to ask is: Can a person recover from their own behavior?

#85952 - 03/23/14 01:04 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: SIN3]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Azerelus

The Satanic Bible must be read with a rational mind, and reasoning applied to its words.

Reasoning filtered through some sort of abrahamic morality is not rational.
As shown here:
 Quote:

their freak show desires

meaning of course, out of step with what you find to be 'acceptable'
And here:
 Quote:

we end up with people abusing the word, and using it to justify all manner of deeds which I guess the word 'evil' would sum up nicely.

What is summed up as 'evil' is rooted in morality, which is completely arbitrary.

Quote:

Not everyone with BPD presents the exact same symptoms.

Of course not, because there is no actual science involved.

#85954 - 03/23/14 01:46 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Azerelus]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Ya know what I like to do? Read the DSM V (I think they're on a slightly newer edition by now, but V is what I grew up with and it's the one sitting on my shelf) and just read through and go "hmm I have that! \:\) this totally sums me up! oh and that one describes this person I work with"

It's like astrology - I dare anyone to flip through it and come up empty with at least one condition that does not describe them.

I can only imagine what type of hollow and empty shell of a person would have to be in order to be completely sane by the DSM's definition.

While some of these conditions are quite real and very frightening, a good majority of them are just putting a label on what I'd consider mere "quirks" and suffixing the word "disorder" to it.

Borderline personality "disorder" is a prime example.

Borderline to "what" exactly? Since when was feeling things, like, a disorder at all? Impulsiveness is a bad thing? Yeah, fuck us for not being potatoes. \:\/

The definition of borderline personality describes basically every single interesting person I've ever met - including myself.

I'm not so apt to call it a "disorder" though. Especially when implicitly the only "sane" people out there must have all the personality of a slab of cheese.

Edited by antikarmatomic (03/23/14 01:46 PM)

#85956 - 03/23/14 03:06 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: antikarmatomic]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Ya, that. ^^

It doesn't take a lot of digging to see the big pharm game.

Luckily for the profiteers in that industry, most don't look any deeper once something is designated as 'authority'. ;\)

Just shut up and take your pills!

#85961 - 03/24/14 12:21 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Dan_Dread]
antikarmatomic Offline
BANNED
stalker

Loc: El Mundo
Precisely! However you are - whatever weird quirks you have there's a solution for that! We all know that basically every personality feature is a liability and a cause for concern.

Whoever you are we got pills to make it all better - you too can become a perfectly sane and apathetic drone... hell, your insurance covers it too! Win-win, no? Who'd want to go through life, ya know, thinking and feeling stuff - too much effort.

Just smile and watch TV. ;\)

#85967 - 03/24/14 10:19 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: antikarmatomic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Never mind how these 'conditions' are decided. I've shared this on the video forum but it seems suitable to add to this discussion:

THE DSM: Psychiatry's Deadliest Scam

Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.