Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#56099 - 06/20/11 07:41 PM Borderline disorder
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
borderline personality disorder is a mental illness. People with BPD are often uncertain about their identity. As a result, their interests and values may change rapidly.
People with BPD also tend to see things in terms of extremes, such as either all good or all bad. Their views of other people may change quickly. A person who is looked up to one day may be looked down on the next day. These suddenly shifting feelings often lead to intense and unstable relationships. Some of the symptoms include intolerance of being alone, repeated crises and acts of self-injury, such as wrist cutting or overdosing, and fear of being abandoned. When learning about this disorder, it occurred to me that this definition seems to match that of a psychic vampire. In Satanism, stability is sought after and i honestly believe that anyone suffering from this disorder would find the Satanic Bible extremely useful in their recovery, if they were open to the idea of it. I would greatly appreciate any input from my fellow satanists this subject. Do any of you believe this philosophy to hold water.....

#56102 - 06/20/11 08:07 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
I've dated a girl with BPD for a couple of months and I recommended TSB to her, but unfortunately she took it as an insult.
But I think your in the right direction with this philosophy. Since a person with borderline often has problems with rational thinking so the TSB would be a good start for them.

A down side of this methoud could be that since a person with borderline often thinks in black and white, it could result in more extreme thinking considering that some things on TSB require some personal interpretation.
(For example the 11 Satanic rules of the earth)

#56134 - 06/21/11 02:46 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
Hegesias Offline

The following words may be permeated with a sense of black humour, hence, the following may be considered nonsense or merely words of insanity, considering what passes as modern psychology with it's moral word associations, this would not be surprising. If what lies below appears incomprehensible or absurd, then forget these words forever.

Some individuals have a problem with "object constancy" which can be summarised as: The maintaining of a lasting relationship with a specific object ideal, and rejecting all and any substitute for such an object.

The individual sees in absolutes, black and white, others are either "all good" or "all bad", thus bolstering idealisation and devaluation. Idealisation is supposedly necessary for feelings of mature love but at this stage idealisation is associated with borderline pathology. I can elaborate insofar as to describe polarised extremes as not necessarily an entirely "bad" thing.

I can relate to object constancy through of my code of personal honour. I do not use the traditional morality terminology of good and bad unless it is to apply a distinction apart from it. I apply something else in which good equates to "noble" or bad equates to the "despicable" or peasantry evil.

Here are three kinds of people, the last one is beyond traditional moral constraints, yet the other two have little or no gradients in-between what is the good and the bad of which everyone has a little good and bad in the Judeo-Christian paradigm.

I shall explain the irony of the good, the bad and the ugly:

The Good (moral nay-sayer, glorifier of the powerless, imposes equality out of envy, overtly passive aggressive and hubris about being "a good person", fond of moral blackmail, orderly insofar as being predictable)

The Bad (the tactless, much too vulgar a display of power, deliberately immoral (not amoral), tantalised over fantastic mediocrity, ill mannered opportunist, petty thief, misogynist etc.)

And then there is The Ugly (the sinister and adept expresser of the will to power, both direct and subtle forms, proving that nature's raw ugliness is beautiful and demands respect).

The third person I will describe relates to nobleness and adept tactfulness with his/her evil relating to transgression, expression to live and affirm life with courage. The despicable is always relating to a much to vulgar a display of power: misogyny, child neglect etc. filthy pettiness punishable by violent conclusion, in my worldview. The other two types of people described would equate to the negative, nay-saying, or transparent and tactless individuals who embody and perpetuate the open and disguised forms of despicableness, ignobleness, and dishonourableness.

Bare in mind the first two types "the good and the bad" like to switch roles when convenient within their scope of utilitarian compromise.

Say, a person is either shy or rude, that person has defined themselves despicable by their needlessly short attention span towards thinking deeply about what they want from life. They will be seen as nothing more than a unwanted follower, a parasite that will only skew my gait, they'll be quickly domineered or preferably, dismissed, politely if possible. An incompetent person whether insecure or hubris about it is still incompetent and therefore a parasite. I will see them as inept at bolstering any productivity exemplary of strength.

I'm continually painted as the image of a heartless, inhuman being by my team of mental health workers who like to cloak moral judgements in a white lab coat, they squirm at my presence and show body language that is cagey while I enthusiastically express my value for things. I'll often come across as arrogant, opinionated, domineering, and sarcastic to "some" and not all males and females. Those who are self-assured often laugh seeing the funny side and show the same respect right back in a relaxed atmosphere. It is the majority of nervous and twitchy individuals who make the atmosphere turn negative for themselves because they can't assert their tried and trusted, morally acceptable, disguised forms of the will to power effectively.

Mundanes are tactless and oblivious and appreciate nothing beyond the promising plentitude of their security blanket contentments. I find it very hard to confer respect unto somebody who thinks they have got one up on me with a transparent act of emotional or moral blackmail. Mundanes assume that when their acceptable blackmail fails, that I have a lack of empathy, when it's my emotional intelligence and cognitive intelligence that is beyond their experience, not any higher than anyone else's, but those who would think otherwise simply have a poor attention span, being so unaccustomed to thinking deeply about anything at all that they assume I lack empathy, rejecting what I have expressed simply because the direct tone of it is perceived as unsympathetic to them.

For the most part, I've never remained attached to anyone or anything, but to my friends for many many years. I don't use others as a prime modus because I affirm value in higher ideals, I'm often stimulated by what my partner values, and likewise impressed by what my friends produce for themselves and I've never had any reason to betray or dismiss my partner or friends simply because nobody here takes petty liberties like mundanes do in their tolerant and contented worldview. The deal is simple, lets cut the shit and get productive and stimulated, which to me is more honest, caring and attentive than pottering about being needlessly reassuring to negative and insecure people who feel they have superior emotions simply because they have infantile and abysmal powers of control over them, assuming that people like me will respond in the same way to their inept blackmailing ways.

The negative get fucked over on principal for stepping on my time. Once a person has proved themselves as noble through their deeds I'll likely respect that person forever regardless of my preference to being fond of them or not. Revenge is not so important to me as an emotional appeasement, as singular mundanes are not important enough to devote such attention, but I have no problem in using an offender as a cardboard cut out to exemplify my power to other potentially suitable candidates.

I have not read the Satanic Bible since I was quite young, I have respect and have been looking up select parts now and then, also because that book was how I came to discover Nietzsche and then onto other currents of the sinister.

I do believe your philosophy to hold water but how about emptying your cup to have it filled? Such could be regarded as being uncertain about ones identity and as a result, interests and values may change rapidly. A revaluation of values is not for some. Stability seems to be the issue but on what terms and what is "stability"? Is stability a settlement on a pleasing state of egocentricity or the ability to remain cool in chaos and uncertainty?

#56170 - 06/22/11 07:09 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
The seriousness of this condition, fortunately, can be easily and economically (5˘) corrected through experienced professional psychiatric help.

#56188 - 06/23/11 11:08 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I think reading the Satanic Bible would be good for anyone open to its concepts. However, people with mental illnesses may not be in the proper frame of mind to understand and utilize these concepts. Those believed to be suffering from a mental illness would probably benefit more, at least in the beginning, from the help of a trained mental health professional.

I don’t think most psychic vampires suffer from mental illnesses. I think they know exactly what they’re doing and are often quite clever. If I ran across someone I thought was a psychic vampire, I wouldn’t hand him a Satanic Bible. I’d get the fuck away.

#56264 - 06/26/11 03:00 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: William Wright]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

Well, I doubt that Satanism could have and use for people with BPD.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure that there are more satanists with schizoid personality disorder, than within general public.

#56265 - 06/26/11 04:05 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Hegesias Offline

Conjecture.

I'll go out on a limb here and assert that a Satanist is more often calm and rational in visiting pain unto enemies.

Borderline personalities, with the very nature of their condition itself being on the fence, can tread the murky water between psychotic behaviour and psychopathic behaviour.

Psychopaths and psychotics are two very very different sets of conditions with very different propensities, the psychopath is calm and methodical, a cerebral sadist with deep seated rage, and a psychotic is nervous and reacts with obsessional compulsions, very different to impulses that a psychopath has, it's all up to the individual as there will most certainly be variable gradients as to rationality, balance between willpower and impulse and how a person individuated, if at all.

Borderlines may harm themselves, even feign suicide attempts then lie compulsively and arrange theatrical events to the point of absurdity to impose the blame on those around them convincingly. They are parasitic and impose burden on their surroundings.

Psychic vampire is somebody who leeches off the energies of others, an opportunist who has coloured his inane persona with a silly name.

I've always preferred to visit pain and suffering unto those who have a conception of sadism themselves, thereby visiting a much more severe sense of sobriety about what is being done to them and what will be done to them.

A psychic vampire or social parasite of any other name, relies on others being compassionate or otherwise emotionally respondent unto their cognitive distortion regimes.

All in all I'd say there is some potentiality for borderlines to express what conventional morality would define as evil, Satanist label or otherwise.

But some of us see an inept display of peasantry evil as a window of opportunity to express our intimate disgust.

#56284 - 06/27/11 06:20 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Miss May]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

Oh, also I forgot to mention that a proper psychic vampire has narcissistic personality disorder, not borderline.
#56289 - 06/27/11 08:46 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: assault_ninja
Well, I doubt that Satanism could have and use for people with BPD.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure that there are more satanists with schizoid personality disorder, than within general public.

I'm curious. Do you have some kind of proof to back up your opinion? Or is it just something you "think"?

You do realize that the "norm" in today's general public is on some kind of medicine to keep their mood and/or mind in a "normal" state, right? You also realize that a lot of the population in the US considers themselves to be Christian, right?

#56304 - 06/28/11 04:25 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
Hegesias Offline

Some Satanists have borderline Satanism disorder, they don't know what's theistic or atheistic.

Seriously though,

If lasting pleasure comes about as a result of being able to live according to one's instincts which is the ability to express the will to power. This would explain a lot of things. Normal people do not have the ability to act violently toward one another because of the Judeo-Christian pathos infection in their souls, and not necessarily because of the Judicial deterrent as would be the only obstacle to deter a sinister individual. In other words, normal people cannot exert their will to power in the violent ways which nature would express. So they use passive aggressive disguised forms.

What is the psychic vampire type person doing otherwise? Is he compromised in expressing the will to power, and if so, in what way, or is he adept at doing so in a societally unacceptable, disguised form?

#56306 - 06/28/11 05:52 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

I'd say it's my educated guess. It's not proven, since there were no studies on it, but if there's going to be one, I'm pretty sure it will be.

Sorry, I could not catch the point of your questions in the second paragraph.

#56312 - 06/28/11 08:47 PM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Your educated guess? Are you a psychologist that sees a lot of Satanist with mental disorders or something? Why would you think that there would be more psychological disorders in the Satanic community than in the general public? Think hard about what I asked prior and you just might get my points.
Or maybe not.....

#56322 - 06/29/11 09:05 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
Hegesias Offline

Satanism being based around rationality and the tangible, in many ways the realisation of a dialectic between Dionysian passions and Apollonian reasoning towards the expression of the will to power.

A Satanist is hardly going to be neurotic unless he has borderline Satanist disorder, which is a Satanist disturbed by theistic memes. If a Satanist is going to be into hokery pokery then let them parade themselves as something exemplary of Zarathustra's ape highly suitable for the Blackwood circus.

#56328 - 06/29/11 10:59 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: Nyte]
assault_ninja Offline
Banned--Idiot
stranger

There's more people with a particular personality disorder, not "more psychological disorders". Why? Because Satanism fits really well on top of it.
#56330 - 06/29/11 11:25 AM Re: Borderline disorder [Re: assault_ninja]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Are there more people with a personality disorder in Satanism than any other group? No matter how plausible this seems, I don't think so. Most people considering themselves satanists are just as normal as those that don't. I'd say most hardly differ at any level.

But even when, there sure are those in Satanism that would classify as having a specific personality disorder not because they suffer one but because society considers their behavior or thinking as a personality disorder.

To give you an example; I'm a pretty normal person if I may say so myself. I don't run through town after dark, rubbed in feces, stalking lonely pedestrians at the park. But when I visit a bar, I always position myself in such a manner, I have a view on about everything, especially the entrance. I also directly scan my direct environment for eventual hardware. Ashtray check, glass check, bottles check, spoon check...etc. If I'd reveal this “habit” to an analyzer of minds, I don't doubt a specific label will be slapped on it. But the question remains if I am showing signs of a disorder or if all those that do not have this habit suffer one?

D.

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.