Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#56111 - 06/20/11 10:27 PM 2012 GOP
Meph9 Offline

With john huntsman, michelle bachmann, and rick perry getting more into the race who is your pick for the 2012 republican nomination? What kind of role might the tea party or corporate interests play in the race? Is there a Republican who can smash Obama?
#56115 - 06/20/11 11:26 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Meph9]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
The people who should run for office don't, or can't due to outside pressures from all sides. If you watched Ted Nugent speak on CNN a few weeks ago you would understand what I mean. Not meaning he should run (wouldn't be a bad thing) but he named names who should. I am more Independent, but I cannot vote for the lesser of two(or three) evils. If I dont like any of the candidates I dont vote, period.

#56131 - 06/21/11 01:53 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Meph9]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Well, I think we should approach Zach to run again. At least he has a platform (or perhaps we should say "slab") that gets down (about 6 feet) to basics.

#56203 - 06/23/11 07:25 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Meph9 Offline

Yes this will be a "unique" election cycle. It's going involve the people deciding not who is best but least stupid one might say.

You got the left with its zero solutions to our problems. The left which seems to want to mismanage our money

On the right we have xtian extremists who as all extremists wish to annihilate that which doesn't fit into their world fantasy. There own statements reveal people who want to destroy our system of gov't and replace it with theocracy.

Obama likes the sound of his own too much
Romney has no genuine convictions
Bachmann is a xian radical, a perfect definition for the word loon
Palin's not running which I find is a little sad. I mean our country is gonna get seriously tough here in a minute and without Palin who will we have to laugh at and relieve a little stress
Herman Cain is not going to win I mean really do you think the gop is going to pick someone with less experience and a darker skin tone than Barack

Pawlenty has no charisma
Gingrich is a racist and overall just is a fool
Santorum wants to push for radical social indoctrination

Ron Paul is the only one of these candidates that has the intellect, charisma, and experience to win. Which is exactly why he wont win because the incompetent party leadership aren't so down with real liberatarianism

#56219 - 06/24/11 10:42 AM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Meph9]
Pizgatti Offline
stranger

If I thought the system wasn't fucked. If I thought that my vote would count. If I thought that whoever the real world "elite" wants to put into office, wouldn't go into office... I might vote. I'm 19 now. I didn't register, and I won't participate.
#56233 - 06/24/11 08:51 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Pizgatti]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
This is more of a general political rant. This thread seems as good a place as any.

What frustrates me about politics is that I have so little control over it. So I like Obama, so I like Romney or Paul, so what? It doesn’t change a thing. Don’t get me wrong, political conversations have their place, but most of the time it seems more like stirring up shit than anything else.

The problem with politics is that so much of our lives depend on it, and yet the only real voice most of us have is at the voting booth – one vote, or if we have enough of an influence on our family and friends, a few votes. A few votes out of millions. Last election I voted for Obama and my wife voted for McCain. We knew we’d be canceling each other’s vote, but we voted anyway. I guess it makes us good Americans. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

I can appreciate politics in the same way I appreciate sports, except in this case the Super Bowl is every four years. We grab our popcorn and talk shit and celebrate if our team wins, and then we go back to the real world.

#56239 - 06/25/11 12:08 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: William Wright]
Meph9 Offline

If one does not engage in the political process one has no right to complain about the direction of their nation. If "so much of our lives depend on it" why would one choose to not use their only way of influencing it?
#56245 - 06/25/11 02:34 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Meph9]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
You missed the point. I’m just saying my one vote means next to nothing. Collectively, something – individually, not much. Not exactly rocket science.

#57841 - 07/30/11 07:44 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: William Wright]
Robert O. Offline
stranger

Eh, I don't think I could vote for the Republican Nominee this cycle. The only one that I could possibly see myself voting for is Ron Paul and even then I disagree with a lot of his views.

The political system as a whole is and always will be dominated by the big money groups but so be it. They used their skills and bought their way into power, I can't fault them for that.

#58430 - 08/21/11 07:39 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Robert O.]
Squiddles Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Well, I shall pretend my single little vote matters for the purpose of this.

Frankly, I find the institution of "government" to be nothing but a hindrance to just about everything productive in life, so if my vote affected anything I'd cast my lot for Ron Paul.

#58442 - 08/21/11 09:33 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Squiddles]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I would only wholeheartedly support a candidate who completely rejected corporate backing-- which of course would make them unelectable.

I have a soft spot for Ron Paul despite his conservative social platform, since he favors scaling back our global military presence, but I doubt his electability, and his ability to actually make good on this should he actually win. No candidate is a "silver bullet", and in all likelihood, the miltary/corporate agenda will simply keep on rolling forward.

Voting, to me, is more useful as an excuse to come in late for work than anything else. Democracy, at the end of the day, is still a form of oligarchy, and humanity is far too stupid for direct democracy to function effectively.

#58570 - 08/24/11 06:07 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: The Zebu]
Meph9 Offline

Quote:
I would only wholeheartedly support a candidate who completely rejected corporate backing-- which of course would make them unelectable.

You're in lucky! You should research a Republican candidate Buddy Roemer. He's a small time candidate and former governor of Louisiana who's running mostly on the issue of campaign finance reform.

#58592 - 08/25/11 09:35 AM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Meph9]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
If i'm not mistaken I was raised Republican. My father was always into the GOP and NATO World News. He was so sure the World would turn to a "One World Government" with NATO being the ruling party, the U.S. dollar would be the worlds currency, and The Bush family would remain in power because he was trying to radicate the 22nd Ammendment. .

He's died since then and I just said fuck it and voted for the black guy.

#59099 - 09/13/11 02:54 PM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Gilgamesh Offline
lurker

Cannot agree with all of Ron Paul, but I would vote for him this time around over the others, including Obama. No one should be surprised by Obama's Republican-lite act.
#59129 - 09/15/11 01:33 AM Re: 2012 GOP [Re: Gilgamesh]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
 Originally Posted By: Gilgamesh
Cannot agree with all of Ron Paul, but I would vote for him this time around over the others, including Obama. No one should be surprised by Obama's Republican-lite act.

I don't see Obama loosing this re-election. Lately all of the Presidents have won their second term and managed to fuck things up even more than before. I think the last president to have us headed in the right direction was Regan.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.