Page 3 of 18 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#56251 - 06/25/11 11:26 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Clicks]
Hegesias Offline

@Clicks

My achievements in society's grid are near zero, I weight train and box every day, I do not drink, and don't do drugs. I have never had a mobile phone, never had a TV in my adult life. Nor do I care to have those things. I create minimalist black metal music with lyrics dealing with nature and exemplifying what would be regarded as evil by conventional morality's standards. I too spend time at the woods, sometimes on my laptop. To feel what is there, within and all around, and forget my name and self.

At 31 my physical fitness and prowess in Olympic standards of strength to bodyweight ratio is still close to elite, and at 5'6 / 168lb's 44" chest, 15 3/4" arms, 29" waist. My cardio currently consists of cycling 8 miles and then running my bike on shoulder up to floor 8 of the tower block to finish, 2 times a week as I cut down. 14 years of JKD training, and a few years fencing, has been put to practical use. My achievement is that I can crush a human being proficiently without the use of weapons and have proved that I can devastate armed assailant in seconds, pre-emptively. I am considered a health freak by mundanes. I am in fact a militant Nietzschean and value my health and survival of the fittest through the expression of the will to power.

My partner proves to be in love with me and all I can hope for is that somebody does not do a dishonourable act unto her that defines them suitable for everlasting ignominy, and so forth in death. I am of noble virtue as defined by my past deeds. I feel love as fury and I can honestly say that I have never been anything but determined, so determined that I experience profound disappointment in affirming lacking around me, propelling me to be vigilant and honourable, loyal to my ideals. I have never in my life submitted to anyone or anything external of my own personal honour and ideals.

I have a criminal record for retaliatory violence in domestic and street scenarios, still every court appearance resulted in a not guilty as I was always left with no choice but to act. I still have issues getting a well paid job and keeping. I do sport science studies toward personal trainer qualifications, as my whole life has been dedicated to fitness. I had no formal education and so began to learn from books in my 20's, I have a fondness for Nietzsche and Bruce Lee's philosophy from which I learned much about impulse control and the will to power. Which goes toward having control over my propensities that can be transgressive.

So no impressive achievements. I strive to exemplify strength of body and will and to train young people.

Satanism is a retaliation to the society that lacks value around me as to affirm what is important to me, personally. These are not meaning to be boring words, but simply the mundane reality of what consists of my life.

#56254 - 06/26/11 03:07 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Hegesias]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
A general reply.

We all must work to survive in this world because it takes a job to earn money, with which we buy food and clothing. That's just the way it is. Some make the most of their talents and abilites and get promoted to a better salary. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. For some this is a great accomplishment, they have utilized the system to get ahead of the game and are self-sufficient and independent. Sure they had to take unwanted orders from their superiors or perhaps something contrary to their present happiness, but in the long run it paid off. Do not forget that such is a lesson in lesser magic. From this, I can't understand how the individual is less Satanic because he has manipulated his surroundings to best benefit his desires.

On the other hand as some have already posted, some people do not desire or care for a society and succeeding with in it. I interpret this as making a lot of money. As Hegesias has stated, some people are completely satisfied soaking up nature.

I am much like the original poster, I want money to pay for my pleasure such as my car and drums. Its just that I don't like to work much. I realize though that with this laziness I would not be able to keep gas in my car or keep myself in supply of drum sticks. So for now, my tangible goals are keeping my car running and pursuing my musical projects (which some would deem to be very negative and depressing).

#56266 - 06/26/11 04:51 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Lamar]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
 Originally Posted By: Lamar
So for now, my tangible goals are keeping my car running and pursuing my musical projects (which some would deem to be very negative and depressing).

If anything, you're in a perfectly normal state of Mind. It is called "mental upheaval", and some may be led to consider it as something to be shunned by ordinary people. This is a most mistaken view of your situation, but one unfortunately held by prejudiced critics. An aphorism, "it all depends on the adjustment of the hinge whether the door opens in or out."

The "mental upheaval" is more than that, you have acquired something altogether new. All your activities will be working to a different keynote which will be more satisfying than anything you experienced before. The tone of Life will be altered. There is something rejuvenating in your possession. The subjective revolution that brings about this state of things cannot be called abnormal. When Life becomes more enjoyable and its expanse broadens to include everything that yourself does, there must be something in it that is precious and well worth one's striving after.

the-Dark-Bearer: Katanya

#56269 - 06/26/11 05:30 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Empire of Dread]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Empire of Dread
I would really like to know your stance on satanism and real live achievements.

Every once in awhile all of the satanatheistic rationalizing really gets to me, and I have these flashback spasms ...

If you had come to me as Priest of Mendes III° in the Nineveh Grotto, Church of Satan, around 1971, I would have said, bluntly, "You will swear your body, mind, and soul to Our Lord Satan in his Rite of Baptism [Satanic Rituals pp.#208-13]; and thereafter, as long as you remain true to your Oath, you shall receive all that you desire and deserve." As, of course, it always came to pass. That was what it meant to be a true Satanist, in a sense that no other religion could even begin to imagine.

Since 1975, however, this door has been closed. The "Church" and its "priesthood" no longer have that authority or power - nor indeed can they even comprehend themselves possessing it. And in the 600C you are posing your question generally to atheists, who are thus limited to counsel concerning rational self-reliance. This is not to belittle RS-R, to be sure; and such advice here has all been thoughtful and commendable.

#56275 - 06/27/11 06:44 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I have to hand it to you Dr. You put your view across firmly and fearlessly as usual.

It is an interesting viewpoint as always. I have read a few of the books off the T/S list (as I have mentioned)and have always been impressed by the central importance of the individuals quest for self - realisation, and self - actualisation against or in distinction to a common world of objects and laws, or a predictable mundane existence.

I understand the disclosure of true and authentic consciousness to be determined by process, subject to time as I think the Temple suggests.

Your point of view on Satan in the 1966-1975 Church and then the 1975 breakthrough to a more pure form is interesting as always. Sometimes I wish I could take that further step, but I am an evidence bound animal, so I am not there.

As usual I have my long list of reading material and make all sorts of claims about what will be next on the list. Mr. Conchis is occupying my mind right now and I will review him soon, which I hope people will enjoy.

#56276 - 06/27/11 12:19 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Dr. Aquino, I’m not sure how this discussion fits into “satanatheistic rationalizing.” It sounds like you want to flip it into another tired theistic Satanism vs. atheistic Satanism debate. Regardless of one’s leanings with regard to that argument, I think most of us can agree that Satanism, first and foremost, is about forging your own path in life. Whether that means becoming a millionaire, travelling the world on a shoestring budget or simply living a quiet peaceful life with the wife and kids, it all comes down to getting what one wants out of life.

I’m glad I never came to you as a Priest around 1971, because if you had told me to swear my mind, body and soul to “Our Lord Satan,” I would’ve laughed in your face. Satan is not my lord; I am my lord. By the way, how do you know that it always came to pass that those who kept their oath received all that they desired and deserved? There is absolutely no way you can back up that claim.

Sorry, Empire of Dread. It looks like your thread has just been hijacked.

#56280 - 06/27/11 02:14 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Hegesias Offline

Gather round my fellow Satanist and share all your self incriminating confessions of exemplary heresy and socio-anarchy. Seriously, not anyone sinister, or otherwise intelligent, is going to do that on a forum.

Satanist are not likely to post certain things on here from their past that could lead to new evidence being brought to the attention of the law or other mundane accusations. I guess it's limited to achievements that are socially acceptable and nothing sinister. I could post memetic and dialectical achievements, goals, aims, but we know from other sources that a similar aim is shared by others of a similar cause.

I'd assume that more profoundly interesting accounts will be depicted anonymously in Satanism journals.

There is the desire to spread the message of Satanism through music and art and I can vector that Satanism in black metal obscures itself by it's own false reputation, this is because of the inevitable wave of black metal type bands dealing with Satanism without thinking things through deeply. The Order of Nine Angles is a way of life that one can be inspired by to create extreme black metal or NSBM with a genuine urge to create something feral and violent, Satanic, insofar as defacing ones own societal conditioning, defacing the images imposed by society, a true wave of heresy over Judeo-Christian flaccid and apologetic society and it's Mundane music.

I'm sure overground metal scenesters will object and declare that metal is about peace and feel good vibes or making a stand for pot smoking hippy culture, the usual portrayal that can only be exemplary of Zarathustra's ape. Each to their own devices.

#56281 - 06/27/11 02:34 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Empire of Dread Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: William Wright

Haha, no hard feelings there. Somehow I feel that its quite an interesting twist that Dr. Aquino added to this thread.

While I am a die hard Atheist at the core or as Matthew put it - an evidence bound animal, there is this tiny tiny little doubt in my head, that I sometimes cant get back to sleep. As a matter of fact, since the time I am fully commited to Satanism, my life has changed substantially for the better and while I know that its just the outcome of my own hard work, there are still things that I cant fully explain. Things that I thought would never ever happen to me. But they did, and in quite a strange timeframe I might add.

But then its probably just a funny coincidence.

Cheers

#56285 - 06/27/11 06:35 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Dr. Aquino, I’m not sure how this discussion fits into “satanatheistic rationalizing.”

There is absolutely no way you can back up that claim.

Originally Posted By: Empire of Dread
.Haha, no hard feelings there. Somehow I feel that its quite an interesting twist that Dr. Aquino added to this thread.

Mike is coping with logic which is Self-consciousness, and through logic there is effort and pain. Also, he is an ethical man which is the application of logic to the facts of Life. For example, an ethical man (Mike) performs acts of service which are praiseworthy, and he is all the time conscious of those acts. Moreover, he (Mike) may often be thinking of some future reward. Satanism abhors this because his Mind is "tainted".

Life is an art, and like art it should be "forgetting". Life ought to be lived as a bird flies through the air or as a fish swims through water. As soon as there are signs of elaboration, humankind (Mike) is no longer a free being. You (Mike) are not living as you ought to live, you are suffering under the tyranny of circumstances, you are feeling a constraint, and you lose your independence. Ethics aims at preserving your vitality, your native freedom, and the completeness of your being. Mike wants to not be bound by rules, but desires to create his own set of rules. Hence, he is striving for the superlogical.

Mike is where he wants to be.

Set: xeper

#56286 - 06/27/11 06:57 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Lamar]
Mister Cage Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Lamar
A general reply.

We all must work to survive in this world because it takes a job to earn money, with which we buy food and clothing. That's just the way it is.

Yes...i agree with you. Everything you've said, but if someone that lables themself an accomplished Satanist but is registering a counter at your local 7-11 it may not be true...even you have worked your way up the register to manager ...still, most likely not. Thats only because no other one in their right mind would take it.

But if you've created a successful business from the ground up out of nothing...this is considered a sovereign feat. As i had. To put it one way...if your still working for someone else, you are not as "autonomous" as you may think...you are still not "self-governing" in accordance to LHP theory and practices. If you live paycheck by paycheck...you most likely have a lot of work to do to identify yourself as an accomplished Black Magician.

LHP practitioners and Satanists alike can measure life achievements by the "quality of life" they have manifested through the hard-won work of the Initiate. Its the going against the grain, the testing the fences to learn how to learn and using those uncommon tools to achieve goals that are above and beyond others! Do what i had....follow your dream and create something that contributes to your quality of life.

#56290 - 06/27/11 09:56 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
I think most of us can agree that Satanism, first and foremost, is about forging your own path in life.

I of course agree that within the satanatheist community Satan has no place except as a bauble for personal glamour in an otherwise purely-materialistic existence. The forum, and this thread yet again, bulges with claims that "Satanism is this or that attitude, behavior, or lifestyle", none of which really goes beyond personal whim, enjoyment, and/or excuse. As I read through the previous responses to the thread question, it was once more this confused, inconsistent parade of many people with different lifestyles, none of which having anything to do with Satan, advising a questioner who also begins with some vague, undefined "-ism" without a clear idea what it really means.

i could [and probably should] have just let this go on, since the satanatheist culture is obviously quite content with it. As I noted, the questioner got a good number of materialistic self-reliance responses, and very thoughtful ones. The questioner is happy; the respondents are happy; who am I to disturb such mutual bliss?

Quote:
I’m glad I never came to you as a Priest around 1971, because if you had told me to swear my mind, body and soul to “Our Lord Satan,” I would’ve laughed in your face. Satan is not my lord; I am my lord.

Persons with that attitude did not come to the Church, nor of course to its Priesthood, in those days; they were perfectly content with MS-R flavored with narcissism. So none of these ever laughed in my face, and those others who came to me sincerely and respectfully in my capacity as Satan's Priest received what they came for, as they truly committed themselves to him. The Satanic Baptism was of course just the shell of that transition, but in print it illustrates it.

Quote:
By the way, how do you know that it always came to pass that those who kept their oath received all that they desired and deserved? There is absolutely no way you can back up that claim.

I observed with intense interest the metamorphoses of Satanists, each of which was necessarily different and individualistic, but each bearing the signature of his or her becoming a Being of Satan. And not only would I never "back up" such transformations to the profane; I would consider it a violation of my office to discuss it thus.

Quote:

Obviously it has not been hijacked at all, since the MS-R handshaking all around can keep right on.

Indeed the 1966-75 alternative no longer exists [Setian initiation is an entirely more complex and subtle concept]. Otherwise, if the Church still existed and I continued today in its Priesthood, anyone here with a pure heart and unreserved commitment would be able to undergo that Baptism and experience its consequences: which, I might add, included not just the benefits of adhering to it, but the results of falling away from it.

Where this thread is concerned, I will just add this: It is irrelevant to speak of Satanism as a tool for mundane success. The Satanist undergoes personal change, and everything he or she is/does thereafter is inherently different, and indeed not even consciously so. Anton LaVey was the most visible and conspicuous example of this insofar as he was what he was and did what he did in his High Priestly office; he didn't "go out and try to do" Satanism; he radiated it. If you can understand this distinction, you may be able to understand why discussions about "using Satanism to get or do this or that" are so, like, youknowwhatI'msayin', nowhere.

#56292 - 06/27/11 10:40 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Mister Cage Offline
stranger

@ mr. Aquino... i agree that we cant go out and "do Satanism" but you must admit that the Paths we incorporate that identify ourselves as LHP practitioners has aided us, or at least myself, in improving our quality of life via Will and advanced magical practices.

I know i would still have more worries and obstacles in life if i never picked up Antons Work 20 years ago, which led to countless more. And i say mundane worries, yes, like money, addiction, relationships...ect..ect. I believe whole hartedly that i dont have those obstacles and credit myself for the strict adherences to the Ethic, conscious intent and practices that are incorporated on the Left.

Do you disagree that treading this path effects the mundane? You say in your last paragraph that its irrelevant to speak of Satanism as a tool for mundane success, but after all...we are working from the mundane (physical plane of existence). Im not sure i understand your point. Please elaborate?

True Anton may have "radiated" Satanism, it would seem this way because he arrived at the right time... 10 years prior or later, the difference would be HUGE.

#56293 - 06/28/11 12:23 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
As I read through the previous responses to the thread question, it was once more this confused, inconsistent parade of many people with different lifestyles, none of which having anything to do with Satan, advising a questioner who also begins with some vague, undefined "-ism" without a clear idea what it really means.

Satan quite clearly encourages ideological freedom, anti-societal rebellion, and libertine decadence... but how the individual goes from there is understandably varied and personal. Deliberate transgression is a useful Satanic exercise, but this alone doesn't give an individual "the horns". I'll clarify this at the end.

Quote:
Otherwise, if the Church still existed and I continued today in its Priesthood, anyone here with a pure heart and unreserved commitment would be able to undergo that Baptism and experience its consequences:

Satanism is a primarily solitary path, both presently and historically. Satan beckons from the dark corners of our minds; not from steeples and crowded chapels. Covens, Churches, and Temples are all understood to be finite, short-lived phenomena. For this reason, rites such as the traditional (some might say stereotypical) "Blood Pact" are more useful for initiatory purposes because they create an intra-personal connection that is not so tainted by the external forms of a short-lived group.

(This solidifies an individual's personal dedication by freeing his bonds from the exoteric, which is enormously helpful in preventing the Satanist from declaring a new aeon and subsequently devising some overly complex vehicle for the LHP every time they get disillusioned with their current group.)

Quote:
i could [and probably should] have just let this go on, since the satanatheist culture is obviously quite content with it

Atheism itself is a form that can be used by the individual, but the would-be Satanist who constantly goes at great pains to apologetically explain that his philosophy is "just Atheism and rational self-interest" has let this form get the better of him.

The same can be said of Theists who cannot see past the stumbling blocks of theology or supernaturalism. A person can love and worship Satan as fervently as a Christian adores Christ-- and they most certainly earn the label of "Satanist" by the conventional definition-- but they cannot be called "Sinister" in the occult sense of the term, which demands that the initiate realizes his independence from all external deities.

It's all a matter of seeing the forest for the trees. Satanism is a part. A component. You can worship it, or you can pick it up and use it... or some combination of the two.

Quote:
he didn't "go out and try to do" Satanism; he radiated it. If you can understand this distinction, you may be able to understand why discussions about "using satanism to get or do this or that" are so, like, youknowwhatI'msayin', nowhere.

Is man saved his works or by faith alone? An old question.

Sola Fide. Solo Satana.

Edited by The Zebu (06/28/11 12:31 AM)

#56299 - 06/28/11 12:10 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Let me quote you, Dr. Aquino, so there is no misunderstanding:

“You will swear your body, mind, and soul to Our Lord Satan in his Rite of Baptism; and thereafter, as long as you remain true to your Oath, you shall receive all that you desire and deserve." As, of course, it always came to pass.

All that you desire? Really? What if you desire to flap your arms and fly? What if you desire to physically become a child again or raise your parents from the dead? Can’t you realize how ridiculous that statement is? It reminds me of something I saw in front of a church recently. The sign said, “With faith all things are possible.” This is clearly untrue, just as your claim is clearly untrue.

The reason you don’t back up your claim isn't because I am “profane” or because you would consider it a violation of your office. The reason you don’t back up your claim is because you can’t.

You say that Satanists undergo personal changes, which is true. However, personal changes are hardly limited to those who fit your definition of a Satanist. I would argue that everyone goes through personal changes in life, some profound and others less so. Satanists simply acknowledge that they (not God or Satan/Set or any other external entity) are the driving force behind these changes, which gives them greater control over these changes.

#56300 - 06/28/11 12:58 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Jake999 Offline

“You will swear your body, mind, and soul to Our Lord Satan in his Rite of Baptism; and thereafter, as long as you remain true to your Oath, you shall receive all that you desire and deserve." As, of course, it always came to pass.

All that you desire? Really? What if you desire to flap your arms and fly? What if you desire to physically become a child again or raise your parents from the dead?

This kind of pronouncement in ritualistic context is purposely inserted and serves a very valid purpose. It's the same thing that Christians use in their prayers when they say, "If it is God's Will." Of course, the Christians will tell you that if you don't get your desire, "It simply wasn't God's Will." In the theistic vernacular of the "LHP," it can be translated to..."You may have desired, but perhaps you didn't deserve."

So in his statement, "As of course, it always came to pass," he's making a correct and honest statement. Simply put, either they did or didn't get their desires. The devil is in the details.

Page 3 of 18 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.