Page 5 of 18 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#56333 - 06/29/11 12:44 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: MindFux]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: MindFux
The only reason this discourse arises in the first place is that it is the basis for the founding tenets of the ToS. Their misapprehension of basic Egyptian used to justify a splinter group from the CoS which is resultant from 'butthurt', retrospectively justified by some 'metaphysical' consideration ...

Now I recall: You're the person who went on that boorish rant about Egyptian language and Xeper during a discussion of Don Webb's writings. Evidently neither your intelligence nor your manners have improved since then, so to "ignore" you go.

#56334 - 06/29/11 01:29 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: assault_ninja]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: assault_ninja
Not sure whether I should post it here, but if you're interested in connection between real world achievements and Satanism, I suggest you read this. Thanks to Dr. Aquino for mentioning it in his ebook.

Oh, yes, Jim Moody. Let's elaborate a bit:

Originally Posted By: M.A.A., The Church of Satan
Randall Alfred may have been the first academician to study the Church of Satan, but he was certainly not the last. During the following years there ensued a veritable parade of scholars interested in analyzing the institution for academic publications. Among them were James Moody, a Lecturer in Anthropology at Queens College, Northern Ireland, and Marcello Truzzi, Professor and Chairman of the Sociology Department of Eastern Michigan University.

Moody accepted the Satanic Priesthood, participated enthusiastically in rituals at 6114, and then faded from active involvement with his return to Ireland in about 1970. In his published article concerning his Church participation, he stopped short of an unqualified endorsement, but away from the eyes of colleagues he was comfortably enthusiastic. In October of 1973 he commented to the LaVeys that he perceived Antonís genius to lie in his commitment to intellectual freedom above and beyond all accepted philosophies. Moody remained, he said, the ďloyalest of Antonís disciplesĒ. His passion appeared to be reserved for Anton and Diane as individuals, however, and did not extend to personal participation in the national or international programs of the Church.

Jim was a nice guy who served as one of my assistant Priests at the first full-blown Missa Solemnis ("Black Mass") conducted at 6114 California Street in 1970. The MS was exceedingly graphic, indeed so much so that I officiated only after obtaining Anton's OK to dial my role down from XXX to PG-13. But it certainly didn't bother Jim [or Larry Green, my other assistant]. Guess I'm just a prude ...

Anyway, behind closed doors at 6114 Jim fell all over himself being dutiful, respectful, and considerate of other members. That's why it was a bit of a surprise to see him prostitute his experience and Priesthood, with careful "personal dissociation" for academic publication.

We used to get "academic researchers" all the time, both in San Francisco and around the country. If they were open and straightforward, fine. The two-faced ones got the bum's rush when exposed.

As for some of the "odd" people who joined the Church in its early SF days, the ones I met were perfectly pleasant and polite. If, as in Satanis, some of them let their fetish hair down in discussion or a thematic ritual, it was invariably in appropriate context and decorum. Anton would not have permitted it any other way, nor allowed any guest in his home to be insulted or humiliated.

#56335 - 06/29/11 02:30 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MindFux Offline

Quote:
Now I recall: You're the person who went on that boorish rant about Egyptian language and Xeper during a discussion of Don Webb's writings. Evidently neither your intelligence nor your manners have improved since then, so to "ignore" you go.

You can ignore me all you want MAA, I'm not aiming to convince you that you're a sham, fraud and charlatan with no knowledge of ancient Egyptian. You already -know- that. My posts are to present a reasonable counterpoint to the nonsense you are attempting to wholesale on this forum in the brief moments you raise your head to troll for membership for your cult.

Don't get all wounded because the entire world of Egyptology is currently aligned on your definition of Xeper being made up bullshit. Neither am I concerned about your lack of rejoinder to the many perfectly reasonable points made by me (and others for that matter) pertaining to your irrational, groundless leap of faith, because you know as well as I, that there is no rejoinder you can make.

Your actions merely reveal to any and all that are interested that in the face of what your 'faith' is ("I believe in a God because I want to subjectively, but I call it Set") you don't have a leg to stand on.

Thanks for the confirmation.

MF.

Edited by MindFux (06/29/11 02:32 PM)
Edit Reason: Corrections

#56336 - 06/29/11 04:13 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
No serious offense is intended by the following observations, I'm just being whimsically caustic. That said...

Regarding LaVey's depiction of Satan, he referred to the devil in a rather theistic fashion, speaking of "Our Lord Satan", and "Satanic Theology"-- the latter one always elicits a laugh or two from me, since the CoS is void of anything resembling real theology or mythos. I can only conclude these words were used with a sort of half-seriousness that was not elaborated any further due to the lack of occult(nik) sophistication on the CoS's part.

Moving on to Aquino, MF's rather brusque critique does pose some pressing questions regarding the practical integrity of Setianism. The pseudo-theistic robes with which the ToS garlands itself have always seemed rather out-of-place and unnecessary, and highlights that Aquino's "usage" of Set can be seen as a misappropriation of obscure, archaic symbolism pulled out-of-context to bolster the image of what would otherwise be just another uninteresting magical lodge. The "Book of Coming Forth by Night" strikes me as merely a string of petty complaints about CoS-related drama dressed up as a mystic gospel, and certainly not anything that could have come from an ageless God of Darkness who breathed chaos and bloodshed (and was almost certainly never venerated by anyone for nearly two millenia), and much less a life-changing revelation. News flash, Mike, we all spit out bombastic "channeled texts" at some point in our occult careers-- people like you and Crowley are the only ones that don't end up throwing them away with all your other half-baked juvenilia.

To the man's credit, though, I've never seen him "troll" for membership on this forum. I also don't want this thread to turn into a "LET'S ALL BUTTFUCK AQUINO!" dogpile.

That said, I'll leave you with that image to simmer in your imaginations.

Edited by The Zebu (06/29/11 04:23 PM)

#56341 - 06/29/11 09:59 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: The Zebu]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
No serious offense is intended by the following observations, I'm just being whimsically caustic. That said...

I never take offense from those incapable of giving it competently.

Quote:
Regarding LaVey's depiction of Satan, he referred to the devil in a rather theistic fashion, speaking of "Our Lord Satan", and "Satanic Theology"-- the latter one always elicits a laugh or two from me, since the CoS is void of anything resembling real theology or mythos. I can only conclude these words were used with a sort of half-seriousness that was not elaborated any further due to the lack of occult(nik) sophistication on the CoS's part.

Anton's personal beliefs, as well as his intentional tailoring of their communication to different audiences, have been previously discussed at some length in the 600C [and The Church of Satan], and I shouldn't think need yet another resurrection.

Quote:
Moving on to Aquino, MF's rather brusque critique does pose some pressing questions regarding the practical integrity of Setianism. The pseudo-theistic robes with which the ToS garlands itself have always seemed rather out-of-place and unnecessary, and highlights that Aquino's "usage" of Set can be seen as a misappropriation of obscure, archaic symbolism pulled out-of-context to bolster the image of what would otherwise be just another uninteresting magical lodge. The "Book of Coming Forth by Night" strikes me as merely a string of petty complaints about CoS-related drama dressed up as a mystic gospel, and certainly not anything that could have come from an ageless God of Darkness who breathed chaos and bloodshed (and was almost certainly never venerated by anyone for nearly two millenia), and much less a life-changing revelation. News flash, Mike, we all spit out bombastic "channeled texts" at some point in our occult careers-- people like you and Crowley are the only ones that don't end up throwing them away with all your other half-baked juvenilia.

Again, having discussed the North Solstice X Working at some length in The Temple of Set and answered thoughtful, courteous questions from others in previous threads here, I see no need to dignify this. Your opinions are assuredly your prerogative, and if the above expression of them represents and satisfies you, far be it from me to cast pearls.

#56342 - 06/29/11 10:09 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: MindFux]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Thanks for your reply M.F.

I have some last thoughts which I would like to share and would be interested in your comments on.

What is the difference between the Temple of Set and its use and understanding of Set and the Word of Set, and the Order of the Nine Angles and its use and understanding of Satan and the notion of Dark Gods etc?

Doesnít this choice and use of words by the ONA represent the investment of this set of words with a meaning deliberately chosen by the ONA? Doesnít this necessarily mean that the word/words in question have evolved in some sense?

And this word Satan, what is its history and its meaning over time? Doesnít the appropriation and use of the word Satan by the Christian cult result in an evolution of this words meaning in some sense?

Is a contemporary Satanist obliged, or condemned, to solely regard Satan and its meaning from the point of view of the Christianís, or as articulated years before the Christianís arrival? Is there no opportunity for evolution or change here in Satanism?

I am not in a position to comment with any expertise on whether the ONA holds theistic views or not so I will leave that alone, but, of course, this Atheism/theism question lies at the heart of this whole thing about the T/S and should be considered in order to get a proper view of how a Priest of Set would regard the Word of Set. There are a group of people who read the Book of Coming Forth by Night and were convinced by it. I donít think these people were being manipulated or forced into anything.

I would at least assume that the ONAís worldview or metaphysical position would play a large part in determining the meaning they attach to words such as Satan etc.

Anyway to each their own.

#56345 - 06/29/11 11:40 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: ]
Hegesias Offline

The causal form is not defining the acausal essence. Essence is the inner, the causal form is the outer. We could argue that the sinister is the inner of the ONA, but I could conjecture right now that it is the will to power.

The will to power motivates causal change in the phenomenal world. You have been left to your own devices to mechanise causal forms because everything something does is it's will to power.

I'm not speaking for the ONA but from what I have taken from it and hacked away at the outer form as is my way of nihilist inquisitor. Satan is an acausal entity apart from its causal, phenomenal properties of weak nuclear, strong nuclear, electromagnetic, and gravity, as it is not definable by the laws of physics but it effects the causal. Satan is not just a meme or a thoughtform.

I'd conjecture that Satan is the will to power of entropy whereby everything phenomenal wills its most disorganised state through entropy, the force of change. In a simple way, as far as we can observe the universe, Satan is the highest aspect of chaos where the will to power is playing out on the world stage.

This is the premise that I can present: Entropy permeates and motivates everything and so does the will to power, whether they are opposing forces is not important, as I can see a relationship.

Does entropic disorganisation and social anarchy antagonise the will to power into increased flux? Or is this relationship one in the same due to the limitations of human perception about the whole thing?

Is the will to power toward order creating disorder by opposing itself in greater and greater magnitude reaching out to seek resistance and entropy causes every system to seek it's most disorganised state, eventually entropy decides that energy is unavailable for work to the point of a cold dead universe, the singularity where all potentia would be unmanifest.

Entropy shattered the Judeo-Christian memeplex and thus emerged new complex ways of thinking. Entropy will exchange energy until some becomes unusable, and in doing so, more complex designs will emerge as the will to power seeks out resistance and to dominate, which means it's establishment of order emerging from the perpetual disorganisation of entropy.

All the outward causal forms through the aeons are born of the essence, whether this is the will to power or entropy or both, it's surely something some call Satan.

Edited by Hegesias (06/29/11 11:43 PM)
Edit Reason: lunacy

#56357 - 06/30/11 10:53 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Hegesias]
MindFux Offline

Matthew with regards to whether the 'ONA' is 'theistic' you're really asking a question couched in exactly the kind of 'causal abstractions' that are railed against by the ONA.

What is 'theism' but another causal abstraction, categorization or social discourse used to either marginalize or not, others? What is 'Atheism' but another causal abstraction thrown around to do the same? The issue for me isn't 'theism' vs. 'Atheism', it's rationality and intellectual honesty vs. absence of rationality and absence of intellectual honesty, which represent two decidedly different things.

The simple fact is, the 'acausal entities' to my mind (and I don't speak for the ONA, simply my ONA if you can see the distinction, and my leanings aren't particularly esoteric) represent in simple terms an aspect of the 'imaginative faculty' or as DD once put it, 'mindspace'.

For instance, when you imagine a series of events taking place in your minds eye, you can move back and forward in time at will, in a dimensionless space (in that it doesn't have physical dimensions to it beyond the ones you give it in the process of such imagining). While the firing of neurons may physically allow such things to take place, those imaginings themselves are something that transcend causality to a degree. It's the nature of the intractable hard problem that even if the physical mechanics of the brain are comprehended, the innate qualia of experience of the Self still defies explanation. (Which is why mystics heap shit on top of it).

Whichever way it is sliced, a series of atoms, electrons, qurks, neutrons, gluons, (insert other field names here) produce a qualia of 'being' that defies any conventional causality that we can grasp.

That 'pure consciousness' (bleagh), that acausal essence is then immediately tainted by 'causal abstractions' from the outside (social discourses, etc.) To my mind, much of the path of the ONA is burning away those acquired causal abstractions so that one can exist closer and closer to that pure, acausal qualia of experience and 'paint their own canvas', or 'populate their own mindspace' with ideas, memes, concepts and more importantly than all of that, practical wisdom of their own choosing. It's the only way of realistically being free of the 'Magian' abstractions that are fed to you from before you can think. From birth, from before you can make a rational choice about whether to accept them or not.

As to the 'dark entities', or the 'Dark Gods' (if one gets into the Traditional Satanism thing) they are 'causal forms' that 'causal forms' of the ONA take. They are ways of presencing an aspect of that 'acausal' into the 'causal'. For instance, it is possible and indeed has been stated that the ONA itself is something acausal, but I'll come back to that later.

Jung would probably have called them archetypes, and whether materially existent as 'Gods' is really neither here nor there. In fact that's just a way to put them in a Magian box.

All that can be said with certainty is that there is a commonality of human essence around an adversarial current which breeds change through fire. That is likely a product of evolution and a psychological function, but it is certainly part of that 'acausal' essence, that realm of qualia and people seemingly can tap into it. That is an 'acausal entity' because it seemingly doesn't come from without a human being, but seemingly originates in its pure form from within.

The ONA itself can be regarded as descriptive of a certain sort with a certain essence that results in a certain causal manifestation. That essence, that innate way of being, or experiencing, or that innate perspective is an 'acausal entity' being manifested into the 'causal' by a 'Nexion' (read a person, or living thing with a brain). Is that to say that 'acausal entity' exists independently of the brains that it exists within? Or that even if it did that's a 'God' or a 'theistic concept'? Well that's really utterly irrelevant to any individual adherent and what they experience. It just depends how it is convenient for any individual to think about it.

If it helps an adherent to think of it as a God in the walking of the path, then have at it. If it helps an adherent to think of it as a psychological feature of the human experience, that is somewhat mirrored in the cosmos itself (by definition) then that's fine too. There is no prescription going on here, that's why the ONA takes so many causal forms (Traditional Satanism being only one of them).

The fact is, whatever one believes the 'acausal entity' with the 'causal name' of 'Satan' to be doesn't matter one jot to the walking of the path itself, it is described by many as 'the current', or a fundamental feature of nature and the cosmos. That progress through challenges, adversity, conflict, the strong surviving (people,memes, ideas, concepts) etc etc. There is little question that such a current is innate to human experience in some way.

The issue with Setian bullshi...I mean dogma is that there is an emphasis put on the belief in what that entity is, in some way mattering when it comes to experiencing it, or coming into contact with it. Also this nonsense about this 'entity' known as Set somehow magically 'empowering' the adherent just because they believe in it and jack off over it in the ritual chamber is directly counter any left handed attainment. That practical wisdom comes from doing, not wishing you were while stomping around in robes spouting Egyptian words that are clearly not grasped at all. In fact every 'name', 'mythology', external abstraction form the outside world heaped onto that current merely takes the adherent further away from it as the form overtakes the substance and becomes something that is believed in subjectively.

Nothing could be further from the ONA. The ONA is a path of doing, acquiring practical wisdom to burn away the parts of your thought process and mind that have been acquired from the outside (causal abstractions) until you get closer and closer to that 'you' that defies causal explanation (at least for the time being) allowing you to be sure that what is in your mind is your own.

It's the antithesis of Setian nonsense, because that's about making up some fictional external entity because it suits you, sticking a bunch of mistranslated noise in the form of Ancient Egyptian all over it then essentially stating "believing this shit for a long time just makes you fucking awesome". It's no different from Christianity - one has a subjective experience of something seemingly divine and chooses to believe that it is despite an absence of any rational or evidential justification for that belief (conveniently at a time when one is butthurt and leaving the CoS)and then acting like others are deficient in some way, not because they aren't walking a similar path, but because they don't believe in some shit you just made up in the first place.

There is nothing 'evolutionary' in the prophet Aquino. Just another hack selling mystical made up prescriptive nonsense and constantly being upset because LHP practitioners don't swallow it.

MF.

Edited by MindFux (06/30/11 11:17 AM)
Edit Reason: more errors.

#56366 - 06/30/11 12:52 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Dr. Aquino, here is something I donít understand. You seem to have a problem acknowledging atheistic Satanists as authentic. Yet your organization recognizes first and second degree Setians who donít believe in Set. Why would you deride atheistic Satanists here while accepting atheistic Setians in the ToS, thereby recognizing them as legitimate?

The cynical side of me thinks it is because if you only accepted theists into your organization, membership would shrink dramatically. However, Iím sure you will have a different answer. Incidentally, during the nine months or so I was a member of the ToS, I never once saw you refer to atheistic Setians with the same condescending tone that you use with atheistic Satanists here. Hmm....

#56372 - 06/30/11 03:08 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: William Wright
Dr. Aquino, here is something I donít understand. You seem to have a problem acknowledging atheistic Satanists as authentic. Yet your organization recognizes first and second degree Setians who donít believe in Set. Why would you deride atheistic Satanists here while accepting atheistic Setians in the ToS, thereby recognizing them as legitimate?

Within the Temple there is no such thing as "belief in Set" in the sense of "belief" being a "blind leap of faith". What the Temple teaches are Black Magical techniques and skills, along with the ethics of where, when, and how to use these properly and responsibly. None of this requires apprehension of Set as a conscious entity per se.

The initial membership degree - Setian Iį - is a "studying" degree, but it is also intended as a time of informal mutual evaluation. The Temple needs to decide whether someone has affiliated for serious, not superficial reasons, and whether he/she seems to have the capacity to undertake this kind of initiatory regimen. On the other side, the individual needs some time within the culture & systems of the Temple to decide whether it's what he/she actually expected and will enjoy and profit from.

Recognition as an Adept IIį is as far as most Setians go, and it signifies just that: that they are intelligent, ethical, and competent Black Magicians who are comfortable and fluent using the Temple of Set as a resource (or "toolbox" as we say).

Nútic apprehension of Set as a conscious entity is requisite for his Priesthood (IIIį), of course, since it is a literal Priesthood. Such apprehension may also occur during Iį or IIį, or apart from Temple affiliation for that matter, but the Priesthood requires reciprocity and consecrated commitment.

Quote:
Incidentally, during the nine months or so I was a member of the ToS, I never once saw you refer to atheistic Setians with the same condescending tone that you use with atheistic Satanists here. Hmm....

Setians Iį/IIį don't pretend to be something they aren't, and they of course are not precommitted to the nonexistence of Set.

Atheists absolutely and confidently deny anything beyond the material and natural. If they left the supernatural door open even a crack, they would be agnostics. The satanatheists here [which obviously does not include the entire 600C] are far too rigid and dogmatic for that. They have absolutely no vision of Satan as an entity; their interest is rather in clutching to just the name as something to glamorize the otherwise intolerable prospect of Atheism:

Originally Posted By: James Thomson, The City of Dreadful Night
This little life is all we must endure,
The grave's most holy peace is ever sure,
We fall asleep and never wake again;
Nothing is of us but the mouldering flesh,
Whose elements dissolve and merge afresh
In earth, air, water, plants, and other men.

We finish thus; and all our wretched race
Shall finish with its cycle, and give place
To other beings with their own time-doom:
Infinite aeons ere our kind began;
Infinite aeons after the last man
Has joined the mammoth in earth's tomb and womb.

We bow down to the universal laws,
Which never had for man a special clause
Of cruelty or kindness, love or hate:
If toads and vultures are obscene to sight,
If tigers burn with beauty and with might,
Is it by favour or by wrath of Fate?

All substance lives and struggles evermore
Through countless shapes continually at war,
By countless interactions interknit:
If one is born a certain day on earth,
All times and forces tended to that birth,
Not all the world could change or hinder it.

I find no hint throughout the Universe
Of good or ill, of blessing or of curse;
I find alone Necessity Supreme;
With infinite Mystery, abysmal, dark,
Unlighted ever by the faintest spark
For us the flitting shadows of a dream.

I don't feel contempt for atheists, although I do feel sorry for them. As Maurice Conchis said to Nicolas Urfe, "You are like a porcupine. If you keep all your quills erect, you cannot eat. If you do not eat, you will starve." When their bodies disintegrate, they will learn differently, but will have wasted their incarnated opportunity.

As for atheists using Satan's name, I don't feel contempt as much as a sort of "ironic nausea" [in the Sartre sense]. Clearly they are fascinated by, even obsessed with Satan, but, as Anton once commented to me about one such individual, "He wants to dance, but his feet won't let him."

So I sense a great deal of "satanatheist" frustration here, which as we have seen explodes occasionally into anger and vitriol wildly disproportionate to any pin that pricks the balloon. Some I think will eventually transcend this self-imposed prison (aka Plato's Cave} and become Satanists [and not necessarily through the Temple of Set either]. Others will just continue in this City of Dreadful Night in which they have convinced themselves they must remain, with the Sigil of Baphomet ghostlooming over the 600C home page like H.P. Lovecraft's Silver Key.

#56375 - 06/30/11 03:49 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Hegesias Offline

Surely keeping attachments to old aeons, and particularly theism, is negative. All the confusion about Left Path ideologies stems from using the same old ambiguous words that hold connotations with theism.

The Satanist will smile and stroke his beard with amused indifference and say "it's all part of the test". This is when I kindly ask for scientific explanations at knife point.

As far as I'm concerned the hidden force in nature is entropy and all that motivates life is it's will to power, no lustre. Why the need for anthropomorphising everything and packaging scientifically and psychologically explainable affirmations into esoteric hokery pokery?

Surely due to our progressions of science and psychology, by now, the mere mention of theism ought to cause the room to go silent because whoever mentioned it could possibly be quite poorly.

#56386 - 06/30/11 06:21 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Dr. Aquino, atheists cannot absolutely and confidently deny anything beyond the material and natural, for the same reason theists cannot absolutely and confidently affirm anything beyond the material and natural. Well, I suppose people can deny or affirm whatever they want. But if we want to be honest, we must admit that both stances are based on belief and not knowledge because, as MindFux pointed out, such information is unknowable. In this sense we are all agnostics. Some of us are just less comfortable with this fact than others.

Admit it, you are just as rigid and dogmatic in your Theism as atheists are in their Atheism. As for me, I left the supernatural door open a crack as a Christian and later as a Setian. Both times I was left unsatisfied. You and Christians would argue that I just didnít give it enough of a chance, that it was somehow my fault. I say do what works for you and donít presume to know what works for me.

As for feeling sorry for atheists, save your pity. I much prefer cash. ;\)

#56397 - 06/30/11 09:52 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: ]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
 Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
There are a group of people who read the Book of Coming Forth by Night and were convinced by it.

The book written by Set is not available to public scrutiny. It's not like you can order it on amazon.com. I know that it's only accessible to members of the Priesthood. (I cannot remember what's on those pages, but I remeber the state of Mind. It's from Set's heart and Knowledge to give direction to take the Temple with leaving room for growth handed to Mike A. Aquino.)

Being infinite, Set is possessed of openness that is utterly beyond determination. This being the case, there is no determinate center. To the extent that any one point is the center, all points are the center (the people and Set in the Temple). Consequently, I say that there is many Self-identies as there are people in the Temple including Set in the contradiction that the centers are formed by every point (all members).

This is a circle within the Temple, but one that has no designated center being infinite (members of Set). What results is a center, but a center and circumference that form Self-identities through contradiction (Individiualized Psyches).

Ciao.

Edited by paolo sette (06/30/11 09:54 PM)

#56400 - 06/30/11 10:41 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: William Wright
Dr. Aquino, atheists cannot absolutely and confidently deny anything beyond the material and natural ...

Indeed they do, else they would be agnostics, not atheists.

Quote:
we must admit that both stances are based on belief and not knowledge because, as MindFux pointed out, such information is unknowable. In this sense we are all agnostics.

My friend, you have some studying to do in the field of epistemology.

Quote:
Admit it, you are just as rigid and dogmatic in your Theism as atheists are in their Atheism.

Not in the least. A day does not pass when I don't continue to learn more about the realm of the neteru.

Quote:
As for me, I left the supernatural door open a crack as a Christian and later as a Setian. Both times I was left unsatisfied. You and Christians would argue that I just didnít give it enough of a chance, that it was somehow my fault. I say do what works for you and donít presume to know what works for me.

What Christians would say depends upon what branch of it you sampled. As for Setian initiation, one does not "give it a chance"; one must pursue it. And indeed the further you progress, the greater your dissatisfaction.

Quote:
As for feeling sorry for atheists, save your pity. I much prefer cash. ;\)

Well, O.K.

#56401 - 06/30/11 11:05 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: MindFux]
Mister Cage Offline
stranger

@Mindfux

Its seems you are well versed in Egyptian glyphs and history. Will you take a few minutes of your time concerning your view on Xeper in accordance to its legitimate logistics and meaning from your studies, perhaps open a new thread on the subject? Im looking forward to your insight.

J. ©age

Page 5 of 18 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.