Page 6 of 18 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#56402 - 06/30/11 11:10 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Mister Cage]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Most, perhaps all, of the points that would be raised in such a thread have already been discussed here.

Z.

#56403 - 06/30/11 11:28 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: The Zebu]
Mister Cage Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: The Zebu

To the man's credit, though, I've never seen him "troll" for membership on this forum. I also don't want this thread to turn into a "LET'S ALL BUTTFUCK AQUINO!" dogpile.

I agree...lets not turn this into an Aquino witch hunt (again) the guy has put his time in, no matter how you slice it. I give him credit for him seeding the world with LHP practitioners. Some, not all, of the ToS affiliates are, more often than not, learned in occult studies and can provide valid arguments concerning tbe Dark Arts even if we agree/disagree with the goals or aims of the Temple.

We can argue points without de-faming Mr. Aquino. Like i said, he put his time in. Im just curious Michael, why haven't you published any books other than those memoirs on the Temples website? I would think you have much to share over the last few decades. What are your current goals and aims? Im sure Mr. Flowers at runa-raven is a decent start.

#56405 - 07/01/11 01:43 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Mister Cage]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mister Cage
I'm just curious Michael, why haven't you published any books other than those memoirs on the Temple's website?

I prefer ebooks and .pdf-papers, which I can make as extensive, complex, & colorful as desired, and which are available to anyone worldwide for $0. This also facilitates expansion, revision, and updating; The Church of Satan went through 6 Editions before I was completely satisfied with it, and The Temple of Set has already been through 11 drafts and counting. Black Magic many revisions over the years since 1975.

I have some more stories that I would like to write or am already playing with, but these are just fun things that will appear on the site when & if done.

Lilith and I are extensively involved in various animal rescue, protection, and sanctuary efforts and are configuring the Barony of Rachane to perpetuate this.

I did quite a bit of research & writing in my Army career, but unfortunately the really choice stuff is also highly classified, such as during my Space Intelligence Officer time at USSPACECOM 90-94. Well, just go buy my good friend John Alexander's latest book ... ;\)

Quote:
What are your current goals and aims?

I have completed what I came to this planet to do, and am now just tidying up a few loose ends pending my departure. I will risk a fleeting transgression of the 600C's ban of verse to quote my mother [at age 14 in 1926]:

Originally Posted By: Betty Ford, Pegasus in Pinfeathers
THE YOUNG MARINER

So was it that the magician spoke and died.
And I, who held his fantasies in vain,
Felt the gulls’ screams and the thin-whispered tide
Pluck strings within my heart to singing pain.
And I, who knew the thoughts that men put by,
Came to know some strange flame upon the sea,
And the clear flame, that fled before the eye,
Moved in the distant mists heart-breakingly.
Since then I had no voyages for gold,
Nor ebony, nor silks dyed peacock-blue,
Nor Eastern spice, nor jewels bright and old,
Nor ivory, as I was used to do,
And steered, while Sun and Moon and stars were bright,
Most childishly, by a far-distant light.

#56406 - 07/01/11 03:28 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: paolo sette]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Hi Paolo,

The Book of Coming Forth by Night is Appendix 2 of Dr. Aquino's Temple of Set ebook.

Appendix 3 is the 'Analysis and Commentary' on the book.

Also Chapter Two of the T/S ebook gives some further insight because it deals with the experience the Dr. went through with regards to the emergence of the book and also addresses the historical/personal context within which it emerged.

Enjoy.

#56408 - 07/01/11 11:19 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: ]
Autodidact Offline

Hoary jeebus - concise, on-point posts from both Heg and Paolo in one thread. The Apocalypse draws nigh! "And on the Third Night, the Angels all relaxeth at the Pub, yeah, and they did sip of the nectar of fermented grain, and they blew Horns until the Sun riseth again, and thence did the Mad become as wise men ..."

Here the crux of the issue, as I see it portrayed in this thread. Hopefully I haven't compressed it to the point of losing clarity.

Your authentic Satanist (or, I suppose, Atheist) acknowledges only himself in his own Will, his Purpose (if any), his Godhood. Your average theist acknowledges a separate consciousness (implicitly not himself) with implicit dominance and implicit superiority, which entails a slippery slope of implied or imposed Will, implied or imposed Purpose (thus dictating all the major actions in one's life), implied or imposed Godhood over one that does not originate with himself.

In the will-to-power model, the former allows one to be number one. The latter never allows one to be the alpha male - the highest possible attainment is number two.

#56409 - 07/01/11 11:34 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Dr. Aquino, my point (which I concede I didn’t verbalize as well as I could have) was that there is the realm of the known – the physical, material world – and there is the realm of the unknown – the supernatural. Because we do not know with regard to the supernatural, we BELIEVE either that it exists or that it doesn’t exist. We can believe very strongly, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is merely a belief, an opinion, a theory.

With regard to Set, you either believe or you know. There is no middle ground. Since you don’t know, you believe. And that’s fine – but Set is not THE theory, it is YOUR theory – well, yours and those who agree with you. You may be right, and you may be wrong.

It bugs me when you and other theists, and atheists for that matter, speak with a certainty that suggests you know when it is clear that you don’t. A little humility would be refreshing – “This is what I THINK.” To say you know THE WAY and that others who don’t latch on are somehow deficient is insulting. It’s not that people don’t get what you’re saying. They’re just not buying what you’re saying. Like Matthew, many of us here are evidence based, and the “evidence” you present is insufficient.

#56411 - 07/01/11 11:56 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: William Wright]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: William Wright

It bugs me when you and other theists, and atheists for that matter, speak with a certainty that suggests you know when it is clear that you don’t. A little humility would be refreshing – “This is what I THINK.” To say you know THE WAY and that others who don’t latch on are somehow deficient is insulting.

And this strikes at the crux of the problem. The only person that any man (or woman) can speak for with individual and personal clarity is that individual. You may feel certain that you have found that center that will hold... the touchstone of your life... but that center applies only to you and, while you might wish that it applied to everyone equally, there is no way "in heaven or on earth" that that can be possible. Individuality is a point of singularity.

LaVey once told me (and I don't know if it's a quote from someone else), "Beware of the man who KNOWS the truth." Such men (and women) have no problem dictating to others what THEIR truth must be as well. That applies to Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Setians, Wiccans and yes, even Satanists. When someone tells you what something MUST BE, your reaction should always be, "Why?"

#56418 - 07/01/11 03:01 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Jake999
 Originally Posted By: William Wright

It bugs me when you and other theists, and atheists for that matter, speak with a certainty that suggests you know when it is clear that you don’t. A little humility would be refreshing – “This is what I THINK.” To say you know THE WAY and that others who don’t latch on are somehow deficient is insulting.

And this strikes at the crux of the problem. The only person that any man (or woman) can speak for with individual and personal clarity is that individual. You may feel certain that you have found that center that will hold... the touchstone of your life... but that center applies only to you and, while you might wish that it applied to everyone equally, there is no way "in heaven or on earth" that that can be possible. Individuality is a point of singularity.

LaVey once told me (and I don't know if it's a quote from someone else), "Beware of the man who KNOWS the truth." Such men (and women) have no problem dictating to others what THEIR truth must be as well. That applies to Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Setians, Wiccans and yes, even Satanists. When someone tells you what something MUST BE, your reaction should always be, "Why?"

You're both blurring two issues: knowledge of truth and communication of that knowledge.

I am a Platonist [after Pythagoras, after Egypt]: Truth is knowable through rigorous, meticulous philosophy: the dialectic, teleology, anamnesis. [I think I've posted on 600c fairly extensively concerning all three of these, along of course concerning Plato generally, so won't redo it here.] Asserting "the truth" absent such discipline [and the intellectual capacity to exercise it] is indeed insubstantial - either inadequate personal whim or propagandistic indoctrination.

I hardly need say that the latter approach to "truth" prevails in human society, as it always has, and both of you [along with Anton LaVey] are justified in expressing contempt for it. One of my Army professional specialties was PSYOP, in which not just "truth" but its sources, contexts, applications, and implications are all deliberately controlled variables. Indeed, by the time I graduated from the PSYOP Officer Course at the JFK Center, society and its beliefs, morals, laws, traditions, principles, religions, etc. just appeared to be one big cesspool, in which most people are blissfully unaware they are swimming. Even when someone discovers and objects to one piece of bullshit, he usually just counters or replaces it with another.

Platonic epistemology transcends this, hence an authentic philosopher (in Plato's sense) is quite capable of discovering, recognizing, and knowing Truth, which emanates from the primal universal Forms/Principles/neteru. Communication of such wisdom to others is an entirely different matter, and some would say impossible: One cannot "imbue" others with Truth; they must love, pursue, and attain it themselves [= the Parable of the Cave in The Republic]. The most that the wise can do is to convince others to trust in their enlightened guidance [as Philosopher-Kings of The Republic] or at least in a system of positive cooperation [The Laws].

It is thus that in certain matters in which I am such a philosopher, I indeed assert knowledge of the Truth. I just as forthrightly recognize my inability to transfer this to others. Other philosophers may apprehend it by themselves; non-philosophers experience it only through its reflection in applications (as for example Black Magic).

And of course non-philosophers don't like the notion that their thinking-processes are less than philosophical. Hence Mr. Wright is "insulted". In 507 BCE Pythagoras' school at Crotona was attacked by a mob of “deficient intellectuals” and entirely destroyed together with 40 of the students. Pythagoras himself fled to the Temple of the Muses at Metapontum, where, after being besieged by a mob for over a month, he finally perished. Plato, having failed to actualize The Republic in Magna Græcia (Italy), returned home to Greece and wrote The Laws. Such resentment and anger is no more necessary than, say, towards a skilled martial artist by someone who isn't. Both are disciplines requiring capacity, study, and effort. Popular acceptance of this in martial arts, but emotional rejection of it in thinking, is what makes the PSYOP/propagandist's job that much easier.

#56421 - 07/01/11 04:13 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

This is lovely written and it might be convincing to some but others might wonder about the claim “I assert knowledge of the truth” and ask if this is because you think it is or because someone told you so which both would not rule out the option nothing of it being truth at all. Truth is, there is no truth (ha) and that anyone claiming to know the truth is, if convinced, fooling himself while trying to fool his audience.

There have been so many knowing quite different truths and you'd think anyone of them would wonder why it's always the others being wrong.

D.

#56425 - 07/01/11 05:55 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Diavolo]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
This is lovely written and it might be convincing to some but others might wonder about the claim “I assert knowledge of the truth” and ask if this is because you think it is or because someone told you so which both would not rule out the option nothing of it being truth at all. Truth is, there is no truth (ha) and that anyone claiming to know the truth is, if convinced, fooling himself while trying to fool his audience.

There have been so many knowing quite different truths and you'd think anyone of them would wonder why it's always the others being wrong.

Again this is simply the supercilious rationalizing of the uneducated, inexperienced, and untested in philosophical epistemology.

I assert such competence because the University of California judged me so (Ph.D. Political Science, in which one of my graduate qualification fields was Philosophy), the Defense Department judged me so (Primary Specialty Politico-Military Affairs Officer, qualified by the JFK Special Warfare Center, the CIA, the DIA, and the State Department Foreign Service Institute), Anton LaVey judged me so (Magister Templi IV°) and Set judged me so (Ipsissimus VI°). Beyond all such external education, qualification, and judgment, the philosopher must appreciate and observe a personal threshold and standard of disciplinary precision: the Agathon. As one of my graduate teachers & judges, Prof. Raghavan Iyer, summarized it in his Parapolitics:

Originally Posted By: Raghavan Iyer, "Agathon and the Cave", Parapolitics
... In the world of knowledge the archtypal idea of the Good, the Agathon, appears last of all and is seen with strain. It is only then inferred to be the universal source of all things beautiful and right; the parent of the orb of light in this visible world and the immediate source of reason and truth in the intellectual world; the power upon which the eye must be fixed in private and public life in order to act rationally. It is not surprising, we are told, that those who attain to this beatific vision are usually unwilling to descend to mundane affairs; for their souls are ever hastening into the upper world where they desire to dwell. Those who do descend from divine contemplations to the underground den [of Plato's Cave - M.A.] will not find it easy to deal with those who have never yet seen the fire of the cave, much less the Agathon, the transcendental Good ...

#56427 - 07/01/11 06:29 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

No, this is not the uneducated, inexperienced and untested speaking, this is the satanist asking “so you know the truth huh, well, why should I believe that what you say is true?”

Your whole rapsheet does nothing but say “this is why you must agree I am capable of speaking the truth, not that it is the truth.” Mike, baby J had old graybeard up there as his credentials and we didn't really consider that a solid argument either, so why suddenly change our approach?

D.

#56431 - 07/01/11 09:39 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Diavolo]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
No, this is not the uneducated, inexperienced and untested speaking, this is the satanist asking “so you know the truth huh, well, why should I believe that what you say is true?”

Your whole rapsheet does nothing but say “this is why you must agree I am capable of speaking the truth, not that it is the truth.” Mike, baby J had old graybeard up there as his credentials and we didn't really consider that a solid argument either, so why suddenly change our approach?

Don't. Bliss is so much more comforting. Take the blue pill.

#56435 - 07/02/11 04:51 AM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Mike you are an intellectual coward.

D.

#56447 - 07/02/11 12:52 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: Diavolo]
MindFux Offline

MAA's point is he is right because he believes he is. Any attempt to discuss ideas becomes him putting his hands over his ears then stating again, that he is right because he believes it and others that don't clearly are intellectually deficient because they do not share his faith. (When faith has nothing to do with intellect.)

The fact is he knows nothing of 'Egyptology' - his assertion that a Ph.D in psychology means he's a recognized philosopher (despite never having produced a peer reviewed paper of any kind among philosophy academics) is just more of the same irrational over reaching. (The fact it's a doctorate of Philosophy doesn't mean that everyone possesing one is a de facto philosopher as understood by the school of philosophy. After all I'm not expecting esoteric wisdom from a phd of engineering). As to relying on his army record as a symbol of his worth - given they recommended he be discharged in part over false claims of child molestation and refused to remove his name from a report on the subject I don't think they can exactly be called a reliable judge of character one way or the other.

This is the same act played by all of this cult leading ilk. They are right because they believe they are and because they are 'intellectually special'. These are just the rantings of an old man, crushed because his Wikipedia page has been deleted, stunned that his only achievement is being mentioned in the same breath as the man who made him. Pretty pathetic really but I'd expect nothing less from such a sham. For all his claims of philosophy and knowledge when put to the test he fails every time, from his absence of knowledge on his founding tenets, to JK owning him up and down the forums on basic philosophy which it's clear MAA just wasn't familiar with it's the same pattern. He's shown up, produces a nonsense response and argues that because others rationally disagree with him they are somehow less than him.

The only one taking the 'Blue Pill' is his mundane ass that requires so many fictional causal abstractions to provide meaning to a life clearly devoid of any given it can't stand on its own 2 feet. Ideas need to stand separately from the man that produced them and irrespective of his background. Unfortunately for him his don't and LaVey is dead so no one has reason to even care who MAA is any more. This response may seem harsh, well so be it. I am tired of a wrecked old fool calling into question the intelligence of his betters.

MF

Edited by MindFux (07/02/11 01:13 PM)

#56461 - 07/02/11 04:14 PM Re: Satanism and real live achievments [Re: MindFux]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm not bothered if his Egyptian lingo is correct or not MF, as I am not bothered about the product he tries to sell but what I find quite remarkable is that someone who should know satanists, expects them to exclude him from their normal critical approach.

If overly critical, to his ignore list you go, but truly this doesn't change anything since those criticizing are on that ignore list anyways. Sure he's acting as if they're rude and he is so above that, but how would we call an approach that constantly ignores any substantial criticism or downplays it with childishness. Take the blue pill boy. Sure but I first got to believe some harder like the other suggested.

Fact is, he's a Missy acting prude while prostituting herself at night. Down here, if you got a product to sell, convincing works better than fooling.

D.

Page 6 of 18 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.