Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#56207 - 06/23/11 10:16 PM So many acronyms!
HeWhoWearsShadow Offline
stranger

Being a relative novice to the philosophy of Satanism, it can get pretty confusing for me when all these organizations and acronyms are brought up in the posts I am reading: CoS, FSC, ToV, ToS, ONA, and I'm sure sure there are more I haven't seen yet. I know what the acronyms themselves mean, but what are the differences in philosophy with all these groups?

I am already familiar with CoS and FSC. I would greatly appreciate some insight on the other organizations. Granted, I could simply google them; however, I already have. The plethora of information on just a single group leaves me utterly overwhelmed! Really I am looking for a more condensed summary of the groups' philosophies and practices.

Thank you.

#56209 - 06/24/11 01:48 AM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: HeWhoWearsShadow]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
For CoS, start HERE

For ToS, start HERE

For ONA, HERE

For ToV, HERE

These things I give you because I realize how incredibly hard it is to work google.

#56210 - 06/24/11 01:51 AM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: HeWhoWearsShadow]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

The ToS is the Temple of Set

The ToV is the Temple of the Vampire

The ONA is the Order of the Nine Angles.

Man alive, can anybody sum up these organisations quickly?

I am not sure a condensed summary exists. There is info at the Temples website and there are a couple of good ONA websites with a lot of imformation. I am not sure if the ONA owns or runs these websites or not.

I am not sure about the TOV and what they have on the web? I did find and read one of their bibles from a long time ago.

Edited by MatthewJ1 (06/24/11 01:52 AM)

#56211 - 06/24/11 02:02 AM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Psst, those funny underlined words above are links. The one beside 'ToV' goes to their website. I know, who would have thought right? \:o

#56213 - 06/24/11 06:13 AM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: Dan_Dread]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Psst, you'll note the time that you posted and the time that I posted and you will realise that I was composing a post as you put yours in so I was unaware of your actions. Who would have thought right?
#56215 - 06/24/11 08:18 AM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

My grandma, what slow fingers you have. Either way the ToV website is the very first thing that comes up when you google. In fact, in the time it took you to tell this guy you don't have a clue, you could have had a clue.

But there again, both google and edit post are very hard to use. Not just ANYONE can do it!

#56218 - 06/24/11 10:24 AM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: HeWhoWearsShadow]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Here's a brief rundown of some various acronyms, including some additions. I could explain their philosophy in detail, but that would (a) take too much time, and (b) give you the easy way out, since the best way to learn more is through your own research. READ A BOOK! Maybe this could serve as a map or something.

CoS- Church of Satan. Needs no introduction. See the Satanic Bible for more information.

FSC- First Satanic Church. I know absolutely nothing about them aside from that it's Karla's own attempt at salvaging LaVey's legacy, and that she likes organizing concerts. They helped make the site, so they're in my good books, I guess.

ToV- Temple of the Vampire. Pyramid scam fronted by a bunch of high-ranking CoSers. Don't bother with it.

ToS- Temple of Set. They're like Satanists, but not. They're like theists, but not. I'm not quite sure either. They're an initiatory order into Thelema/GD-type magic, aiming for some sort of mystical self=actualization or whatever.

ONA- The Order of Nine Angles. They probably have the wackiest mythology out there, but you wouldn't be able to tell since they devote almost all of their efforts towards 'practical action', ie, survivalism, political subversion, etc, in an attempt to bring down "The System" and create new ubermensch individuals to serve some greater Aeonic goal or whatnot. Not for the faint of heart.

TotBL- Temple of the Black Light. (Not to be confused with Jason King's bedroom.) A bunch of Qabalists-dyed-black who worship chaos and death and all that fun stuff. Jon Nödtveidt is the only reason anybody cares about them.

FCS- "First Church of Satan". Group made by ex-CoSer John Allee after a bunch of drama-llama bullshit that nobody cares about. I once tried to learn more about them, but the founder seems to like talking more about the flaws of the CoS than his own ideas.

SIN- Satanic International Network. A social network/forum of supposedly comparable quality to this one. We share a lot of members. I think there's I rivalry or something but I don't know or care.

I'm sure that others who read this are welcome to elaborate or correct any errors.

Edited by The Zebu (06/24/11 10:27 AM)

#56222 - 06/24/11 01:38 PM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: The Zebu]
HeWhoWearsShadow Offline
stranger

Based upon all the information provided thus far, as well as my observations and readings concerning the links provided by Dan, it appears to me that the only "real" groups (and by real, I mean not a scam or otherwise "fan-based" group) would be the FSC, ToS, ONA (maybe?), and of course CoS (although I suppose some would argue that the CoS today is "fan-based").

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to sound pitiful or not, but I still do not fully undertsand the philosophies of ONA. Using the link provided by Dan, there was just so much information and texts that I had no idea where to start! The "Quick Guide to the ONA" wasn't quick by any means. I suppose the best way to get information about ONA is to actually speak with someone who is affiliated with the group, but the way it seems to me, that isn't going to happen.

I thank everyone for the information provided so far! I now know ten times more than I did to start with.

#56230 - 06/24/11 04:04 PM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: The Zebu]
Hegesias Offline

"TotBL- Temple of the Black Light. (Not to be confused with Jason King's bedroom.) A bunch of Qabalists-dyed-black who worship chaos and death and all that fun stuff. Jon Nödtveidt is the only reason anybody cares about them."

Just some random conjecture relating to Gnostic Satanism.

Jon is indeed the main attraction it seems, his melodic death metal music seems to have brought about a kind of acceptability to the Order as his music, while meticulously crafted from a deep urge to create, was rather acceptable by any standard of the contemporary scenes today, probably unintentional. In no way am I being disrespectful but the accessibility of the music was maybe what put me off TotBL for some time. I respect the man and the ideology which he was part of, but cannot make claims to understand or feel what is behind his music that was obviously with deep dedication, meaningful and inspirational to many, my loss I presume. I favour a raw expression of primitivism in extreme black metal. Each to their own and no disrespect. But I can still take an inspiration from what underlies within the 218 current that the music of Dissection dealt with in a dedicated way.

In a simple way, I recognise ugly and harsh nihilism chasing it's elusive maxim, not embellished traditionalisms using it's idea in an abstract observationalist way. What I can credit is the same affirmation of a lacking that causes people in and about extreme metal to criticise their peers preferences to the music, it's this affirmation of a lacking that pushes the anti-cosmic Satanist toward the ever maximising ideal of intensity, extremism. The want for more is not necessarily a negative outlook toward what is inspiring the thirst.

Associations with Satanism and art aside.

That being said.

What I feel is wrong with TotBL is too much esoteric lingo without any residual empirical descriptions except references to string theory and mulitiverse theory, carrying way too much religiously paralleled metaphor and terminology, a few references and parallels with Jungian concepts and quantum physics could do more towards synthesising a concise scientific coagulation of currents of Gnosticism far more paradigm shattering than what ambiguous wordings could deliver.

The diverse views of ideologues involved are much more insightful than the plain text, I have found.

But surely we're meant to feel what's behind the words and philosophy, they'd likely say, it's a "test" to weed out the elect from the herd of weaklings. I find it unnecessary as blunt force nihilism and death affirmation renders 99% of the deification and anthropomorphism unnecessary. To vector intuition about chaotic potentiality about the dark unconsciousness, Jungian Shadow or otherwise, and the direction of will towards self-mastery through malignant nihilism, in a deeper philosophic sense than the non nihilist would care to glance. I just think why all the esoteric embellishment. We who are nihilistic can see what the design is, and so there is no need to add so much arbitrary abstraction to colour a grander design of what I will choose to call "malignant nihilism".

I could elaborate similarly but in a simplified way. A condensed version from yours truly, limited to what is personal conjecture related to, but not limited to, anti-cosmic Satanism. Why be limited in a formless philosophy with maxims stressing lawlessness.

The dark intuition is inaccessible by sensory apparatus, but the Gnostic knows the lie of creation, the demiurge crime, imposes upon his shadowy tomb of flesh and bone, consigning him to a hylic prison of matter, of which the ego is it's blinding reflection, casting a shadow over all potentiality which resides beyond the imposed laws of cosmic censorship and how others expect him to react.

Hence, nihilism is the annihilatory apotheosis of chaos potentiality, the salvation, which is the dissolution of the narcissistic demiurge, or ego. The demiurgos creation crime is one in the same with the individuals perception of the world and of himself, as imposed by that external influence, hence the foolish demiurge is only the phenomenal form of it's idea and a metaphor for overcoming, being the ultimate opposer and accuser against creation itself which "is" the only scientific explanation of what is God, God and the creation as one in the same imposed rules of existence for which the anti-cosmic Satanist strives against.

There are more efficient ways of polarising intuition regarding the extreme scepticism that is nihilism. Einstein rejected the possibility of singularity as do other physicists conjecturing that the universe forbids singularity as it could alter the whole universe unpredictably. There is not even a residually sound theorem for what happens at naked singularities except that of evident cosmic censorship. The laws of physics break down, space and time are null and void, cause and effect cannot be discerned.

When cause and effect are revealed to be non linear, time as we know it ceases to exist. At the extremes of relativity, the rules break down without dimension to space, interaction, causality, does not there, exist.

There is too much embellishment toward religiously obscure syntax in The Temple of the Black Light. There is a lot of shit to cut through to realise there is more than a sound conception, but why not simply minimise it into blunt force malignant nihilism working through antinomian Gnostic currents, religious malfeasance as a means to express the will to power over the self and thus, the world, as in such a paradigm, the sensory perception about the creation is one in the same with it's phenomenal form and imposed belief system of the ego— the demiurge crime. I think it's designed to vector an intuitive sense about nihilism and to suggest that the anti-cosmic Satanist find his own path towards gathering empirical evidence.

In a simple way, I'm of a similar current affirming the impulses of active and passive nihilism over the world. There is no need to formalise things into religiously obscure compartmentalised substratum in subtext or otherwise.

TotBL can appear meaningless under nihilism realised through science, psychology, revealing that the nature of the world is inaccessible to intuitive, intellectual or sensory apparatus. Why? Man is part of creation and his body is a flawed apparatus for which to perceive "reality". No matter what we design to observe the universe it will only be within the limits of our flawed, or at best, limited, perception and fixations.

For example, mathematics is always going to find order because it's very design is wrought from the preconceived limits of the human mind to do so etc. The universe cannot be infinite as a enlarging sphere, as a sphere gets larger it's curvature decreases.
So as a sphere tends to infinity it's curvature tends to zero curvature. A staright line has curvature of zero. So therefore an infinitely large expanding universe cannot exist. Unless by the limits of our perception of causality in which a strait line cannot ever be perfectly strait because if extended for an infinitesimal amount of length it would eventually converge full circle explaining in part, the nature of the way we perceive. There is no order except that which nature has imposed that we perceive and all is paradoxical. Infinity can be encountered down through quark size and up through cosmic size with no pivotal point to measure the observable universe except an apparatus with a limited design (human condition) and so any apparatus we design, telescopes, atom splitters, etc. everything in the universe is actually the same size of zero with life, and that entire universe held within the eye of the beholder, the individual, a speck of fleeted light, the dead light of a dead star as observed in time dilation. Considering that space time and therefore distance is not a factor as to dimensions already collapsed all around us. We are perceivers assembling a reality from raw chaotic data bound by the limits of our corporeal design. Scientific insights into the nature of infinity have driven quite a few revolutionaries insane and strait for a vacation to the psych ward.

I have read somewhere that some occultists regard Shadow Work as dangerous as it fractures ego, but, a merging with, of impurism, of mixing with the Shadow is desirable pathworking for some, also going towards dissolving what is arbitrary, illusions about moral duality etc.

Cultivation of the will to power through malfeasant depth psychology. Not for everyone I suppose. I find it ironic to vector the progressive triumph of active nihilism over passive nihilism in the world. I could explain the principle of malignant laughter/laughter, a warped Chaoism principle, but I guess the reader has a well formed holistic picture.

Nihilism is transgression of our consciousness which has attributes of the society that shaped us. The face of nihilism rears it's ugly head for you to face the responsibility of cause and effect, to affirm that nature's raw ugliness is beautiful or to have her turn her face and forsake you. I've always been a naturalist (the feral way as opposed to the spiritual) but use the anti-cosmic paradigm for a hyperbolic effect against societal ways of thinking. In a simple way, a tool of active nihilism.

It's always about the cause.

#56234 - 06/24/11 11:56 PM Re: So many acronyms! [Re: HeWhoWearsShadow]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Some extra thoughts.

There is a lot of imformation out there.

To make things maybe even more difficult for you I would recommend a site called 'The Mendes Library,' which is chock full of ebooks.

http://goatofmendes.ning.com/group/themendeslibrary

Also I want to draw your attention to the website of Dr. Michael Aquino. He has written a few books which you can download.

http://www.xeper.org/maquino/

I think you already have the C/S website. I would also recommend the 'Letters to the Devil' website with its 'Questions to the Church of Satan' forum.

http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

And finally, there is of course the threads here and trust me there is some very good ones here.

Unfortunately, I don't know if you can gain a real undertstanding of orgs like the Temple of Set, The Church of Satan, and the Order of the Nine Angles quickly.

This path can be hard work, in terms of finding where everybody stands and what everybody is saying. However, you do seem like you may be committed enough to put in the work.

Good luck to you.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.