Topic Options
#5623 - 03/14/08 01:23 PM Teriyaki Shrimp
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Teriyaki Shrimp (Stir-Fry)

Makes 4 servings:

Things you need:

A clove of garlic
8 skewers of frozen Shrimp, thawed (i like prawn)
3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables

1. Put the thawed shrimp skewers in a shallow dish, pour 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce and the lemon juice over and turn to evenly coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the skewers on the foil, discarding the marinade. Broil until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
3. While the skewers are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet (preferably nonstick) over medium-high heat. Then chop up the clove into little bits and pieces and fry them first! (fried garlic pieces smells sooo good). When they're brown add the remaining teriyaki sauce and the vegetables. Cook, stirring, until tender and heated through, about 5 minutes.

I fry the shrimp with one Thai chili pepper which i cut up into little rings. It tastes great, but when it comes out the other end boy...

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/14/08 01:24 PM)

~~352~~

#5751 - 03/15/08 09:50 PM Re: Teriyaki Shrimp [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Oh my, you've just made me think back to when I first had teriyaki. Only it was on wings instead of shrimp.

Damn you! Now I'm craving teriyaki.

#6475 - 03/27/08 01:26 PM Re: Teriyaki Shrimp [Re: DistroyA]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
That sounds good have you ever thought about putting a little pineapple or mango in the sauce. It gives it a liitle more zing.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.