Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#56734 - 07/12/11 04:44 PM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: paolo sette]
Meph9 Offline

"In the wake of recent events, it has become incumbent upon the management to institute a new rule. Posts made with the deliberate goal of flaming this site or its members, to incite internecine rivalry or create a conflict between Internet sites where none existed, will simply be deleted. Don't waste your time doing this. It is not big and clever, and will be dealt with swiftly."

Not only was that completely off topic Paolo that was really unnecessarily rude. If you're going to post try to keep it on the topic instead of trying to insult others.

#56739 - 07/12/11 07:36 PM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: Meph9]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
You'll get no apologies from me.

And that one earned you a fortnight of introspection Mr. Sette.
Behave or be gone.

Edited by Woland (07/12/11 11:24 PM)

#59678 - 10/01/11 10:24 AM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: paolo sette]
Milchar Offline
stranger

Loc: Göteborg, Sweden
Not only the cross...

Ideologists of the Christian church made the four-pointed cross their emblem, but it was a symbol that used to be sacred for all the peoples on Earth since long before. The church artificially assigned a new meaning to this old sign and made up a story that Christ was crucified at a cross. However, nobody was executed in such a way at that time; really, a T-shaped pole was used for crucifixion...

#59684 - 10/01/11 05:33 PM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: Milchar]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
Ideologists of the Christian church made the four-pointed cross their emblem, but it was a symbol that used to be sacred for all the peoples on Earth since long before.

The cross used by non-Christians since antiquity was equilateral, like this:

The "latin cross" adapted by Christians was not equilateral, because it resembled the crucifixion cross which the Romans used to execute criminals.

Quote:
The church artificially assigned a new meaning to this old sign and made up a story that Christ was crucified at a cross. However, nobody was executed in such a way at that time; really, a T-shaped pole was used for crucifixion...

Actually, the Romans did call this "t-shaped pole" a cross (crux). Reports of Christ being crucified on such a cross predate the institution of the roman Church, and most certainly before the Christians adapted the cross as their primary emblem.

Early Christians rarely used the cross as a symbol, because for them it was an uncomfortable reminder of the death of their savior (and their own possible punishment for practicing Christianity). They preferred the "Ichthys" symbol with iconography of the fish.

The cross only found currency among Christians once Constantine had a vision of a Latin cross (In hoc signo vinces) and made this the standard of his army.

The rest is history.

Edited by The Zebu (10/01/11 05:34 PM)

#59819 - 10/07/11 08:27 AM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: battlescar22]
S8ANIST Offline
lurker

I think if you're a Satanist, you should readily understand the answer to these sorts of queries. Christians are both ignorant and immune to reason. Their brainwashing blinds them to the obvious contradictions of their faith. Why do christians use pagan symbols? For the same reason "devout" christians support the death penalty, for the same reason "devout" christians embrace war, for the same reason "devout" christians disdain logic: christian belief is a cancer.

I do enjoy the fact that xtianity borrows so much from various pagan traditions. In revering their christ, they actually bow before the primal (and, of course, satanic) mythical gods of the past!

AVE SATANAS!

#59826 - 10/07/11 03:58 PM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: ]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
...I was young, rather naïve and looking for the herd based way of solving my problems instead of taking personal responsibility...
I read 3 or even 4 times your post - great story. Thank You! I like to be here, in the 600 Club! We are people who live in reality and accept experiences... We don't have any fear to share our past and can be really free!

I can tell my story - I joined in age of 20 Pentecostals (the oldest congregation/church of this movement church in Latvia) and I was there even in position of second pastor for 3 years and studied seriously Christian Bible... Very soon I understood that the Bible is only theory and is made for the herd and small group of its leaders, which want to get income from stupid people. Many legends of new and old testament, even brutal Legend of Crucifixion - great sufferings of Christ and other saints (Stephan, John Baptist etc...) are tools for manipulation and control of masses. Nothing more and nothing less... I made some experiments form pulpit with congregation and I experienced how simple is manipulate with scary stories, sufferings of Christ and other shits...

Quite interesting fact - I read during the time in this movement TSB too , other LHP literature and hear black metal, enjoyed all drinks and were involved in so called sins, which were forbidden for saints... For me the most important was following activity - I compared theory and praxis and I found my way - I am born Satanist, true follower of dark path, I'm not part of brainwashed herd and at the end I didn't want to be the pastor more, who gain some advantages from masses. It's not the way for me - I have one life and I want to live the life in the way, which the best fits for me.

Edited by Latvian (10/07/11 04:06 PM)
Edit Reason: again some mistakes in my English

#62994 - 12/27/11 03:13 AM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: battlescar22]
kvac Offline
stranger

Loc: raleigh NC
christians are blind followers meaning they follow something they believe on faith called hope through fear for a sin! They walk in grouped controlled fashion for a purpose to give their power away. Like herding sheep they enslave themselves not realizing they worship a sun god. The bible is a pieced together work to continue to mirror what the religion created for them as framing for the christian teachers. christians see what they want to out of the bible. They are weak followers. Crucifix shit many have died the same for others.

#63031 - 12/27/11 04:31 PM Re: The crucifix: The Brutal Truth [Re: kvac]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
 Originally Posted By: kvac
christians are blind followers meaning they follow something they believe on faith called hope through fear for a sin!...
You’re right! Stupid brainwashed Christians... I can compare this brood with people, who have dementia in last stages - there is no cure!

Fundamental Christians don't ask even for proof of truths, what is written in the Bible. They believe in idiocy of God's word promises and they never learn from mistakes of other believers, who believed and experienced only misery or never analyze contradictions of God's promises... Jesus Christ is one of the worst liar, who have milliards followers, who believe in him and millions, who are ready to sacrifice their rights and thousands, who are ready to die for his promised heaven...

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.007 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.