Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#56715 - 07/11/11 07:46 PM Paranormal?
LeftHandOvGod Offline
stranger

As the majority of us are Satanists by LaVey's definition, how do you view the paranormal? I know that this is an Atheistic religion, but remember, LaVey was a paranormal investigator at one point. (Despite the fact that they were mostly nut calls). Please, share your thoughts.
#56725 - 07/12/11 02:43 AM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

If the proof of a paranormal activity has been given then I would believe in whatever activity it was.

Extraordinary statements requires extraordinary proof etc..
I'm quite hard headed on such topics. I want to believe but..

Quote:
but remember, LaVey was a paranormal investigator at one point.

I do not see him as an idol. And there are 2 kinds of investigators: those who have a critical mind and those who don't.

#56727 - 07/12/11 03:15 AM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: LeftHandOvGod
I know that this is an Atheistic religion, but remember, LaVey was a paranormal investigator at one point. (Despite the fact that they were mostly nut calls). Please, share your thoughts.

LaVey was indeed a "paranormal researcher," but not because he believed in paranormal activities. The main reason was to see what made people tick and to try to understand why their minds automatically jumped to the paranormal when they heard bumps in the night that could easily be traced with a bit of skepticism and critical thinking.

My source? I got it from the horse's mouth.

#56909 - 07/15/11 02:42 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: Jake999]
LeftHandOvGod Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jake999
The main reason was to see what made people tick and to try to understand why their minds automatically jumped to the paranormal when they heard bumps in the night that could easily be traced with a bit of skepticism and critical thinking.

I understand. I am a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. I feel if something happens that seems unexplainable, it is a natural duty to try and explain it. If I cannot explain it, then it can be labeled just as that 'unexplained'. I am not one to quickly accept something as paranormal.

Edited by LeftHandOvGod (07/15/11 02:45 PM)
Edit Reason: Adding Response

#56917 - 07/15/11 07:16 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Consider this.

#56918 - 07/15/11 07:34 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Hegesias Offline

Why ignore Diavolo, Dan Dread, and MindFux as those writers are some of the most radical?

Simply because their tone is unsympathetic to you is cause to ignore them?

I'd like to see male bonding, positive reactions in real life, completely different to the way people here are so trivial and unappreciative due to forum views that aren't necessarily carved in stone, but are respectable questioning of ideas towards an understanding.

People change, people come to realisations through conflict resolution Mike, you know this and I'm not trying to be condescending or anything like that, I respect your work, and likewise, the respectable questioning of it's ideas.

It all goes toward realisation and improvement on all sides, but breaking communications with some of the most radical thinkers on this forum is something I can't really understand.

#56919 - 07/15/11 07:43 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Hegesias Offline

On topic; considering the nature of consciousness and perspectivism relating to reality, it is plausible to consider that our wakefulness and perceived solidarity may not be as it seems but working along quantum holographic principles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fWtBq8uWKE&feature=related

I would conjecture that there is a link to the paranormal.

Sleep paralysis and release of DMT from the pineal gland has caused hypnagogic hallucinations that exposes the perceptions to the most primal and pure fear. The sensory perception of the manifestation can lead to Sudden Unexplained Nocturnal Death Syndrome (SUNDS) whereby the only factor between hallucination and the paranormal is belief.

Given the nature of quantum consciousness, it is plausible that what our field perception perceives; what we vibrate in unison with, may be revealed and communed with.

#56995 - 07/17/11 11:15 AM Re: Paranormal? [Re: Hegesias]
LeftHandOvGod Offline
stranger

So, Hegesias. Do you believe the paranormal is nothing but hallucinations from our own minds? Caused by the release of DMT?

Personally, I feel there could be more to it than that. Is the EVP's and PX Devices just for show? What about the spikes in EMF detectors and the sudden change in room temperature, along with the draining of battery life during a supposed manifestation?

#57012 - 07/17/11 04:35 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Maybe it is wise to check all sides on these ghost boxes. A funky radio receiver going though frequencies does not make a good communication device.

We are hardwired to find sense in the nonsensical. All that stuff does is exploit that weakness.

D.

#57014 - 07/17/11 05:26 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: Hegesias]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It find it very possible that there are different levels of reality completely removed from normal human consciousness.

However, if humans are capable of even remotely perceiving such things, our limited senses would most certainly be unable to fully comprehend the complete nature of what lies "beyond".

Quantum physics may provide some speculation into how such things could theoretically work, but we are faced with the problem of our own cultural and religious prejudices, which more often then not distort our perception of the unknown in search of "transcendence", "higher intelligences", or worst of all, "life beyond death".

At the worst, we are simply toys to our own psycho-somatic delusions. And the other (though slightly more picturesque) worst, we are on the edge of Lovecraft's "Black Seas of Infinity".

#57016 - 07/17/11 06:49 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: The Zebu]
LeftHandOvGod Offline
stranger

I don't see the paranormal as proof of life after death, but perhaps a way of showing our bodies energies stay 'alive' after our bodies die. Science states that energy cannot be destroyed, only transformed. So what if the 'supernatural' is just our bodily energy transformed after death? Just a thought.
#57020 - 07/17/11 07:58 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Hegesias Offline

Do those machines react to human vibrations?

I'm a skeptic but it doesn't mean I'm not really interested in finding the scientific explanations that can possibly be more dark than the fiction.

#57025 - 07/17/11 08:19 PM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Hegesias Offline

Idea.

Energy does "die" it becomes unusable by the law of Entropy, the hidden force in Nature some refer to as Satan.

Since perception ceases after death, causality ceases, hence, there will be no linear transition to be perceived for any "energy" of the person meeting annihilation by the law of entropy. Anything remaining of the person is instantaneously equalised with the one black hole state of universal heat death. To be one with deadness. \:D

To think that a "consciousness" or "energy" would retain any anthropomorphous traits or perceptions in relation to the living would be ill conceived? The unfeeling deadness of chaotic information, the essence of consciousness, experiences itself as human only because of it's parasitizing of the human apparatus that experiences the five senses as something profound, although as utterly insignificant as the cosmic dust we are.

I would suggest that something more hideous and unfeeling, indifferent to human fears could exist, to destroy us without specific intent. Nature itself and our discovering of it.

#57040 - 07/18/11 12:50 AM Re: Paranormal? [Re: Hegesias]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
Energy does "die" it becomes unusable by the law of Entropy, the hidden force in Nature some refer to as Satan.

Energy "dies"? I thought the principles of entropy imply that it simply moves from one system to another?

But I do agree that it is highly unlikely that any semblance of consciousness or humanity survives once one passes the threshold of death and returns back into the cycle of Chaos. Physis-- alchemical dissolution and coagulation, if you will.

To draw a graphic analogy, you might as well throw yourself into a wood-chipper and hope all of your limbs and organs somehow reconstitute themselves into a bipedal form after the blades and gears spit them out.

Quote:

I would suggest that something more hideous and unfeeling, indifferent to human fears could exist, to destroy us without specific intent. Nature itself and our discovering of it.

Pretty spot-on in my opinion.

Edited by The Zebu (07/18/11 12:55 AM)

#57045 - 07/18/11 02:38 AM Re: Paranormal? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I don't see the paranormal as proof of life after death, but perhaps a way of showing our bodies energies stay 'alive' after our bodies die.

That's called decomposition, a natural proces which will make you look like Lindsay Lohan.

Or you can still believe in the will-o'-the-wisp in its most traditional sense.

Originally Posted By: zebu
It find it very possible that there are different levels of reality completely removed from normal human consciousness.

I do not find that very possible, unless it stated that different levels of reality are unseen by organoleptic limitations.

Edited by Dimitri (07/18/11 02:42 AM)

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.