Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#59836 - 10/08/11 03:24 AM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Latvian]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
I think Satanism is about individualism and not applied for masses. Masses always need leaders who promise them perfect society, brotherhood and other pipedreams (fair attitude, equality), Leaders ask only one think loose individual liberty to gain collective happiness.

I prefer individual happiness. \:\)

#59840 - 10/08/11 01:20 PM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Latvian]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Seriously, what does it mean to be an individual? It's a non-statement because everyone is an individual. It makes a person as unique as stating to be a human.

What is important is that what defines us as a person; the values we uphold and the principles we stand for. And it is exactly through these that we abandon this empty "individualism" and connect with similar people. It is through these we form tribes, become involved in "brotherhood". Through respecting ourselves for what we are, we respect those like ourselves.

Show me an "individual" and I show you weakness.

#59841 - 10/08/11 01:59 PM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Latvian]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Latvian
I think Satanism is about individualism and not applied for masses. Masses always need leaders who promise them perfect society, brotherhood and other pipedreams (fair attitude, equality), Leaders ask only one think loose individual liberty to gain collective happiness.

Something like that.

#59845 - 10/09/11 05:06 AM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Latvian Offline

Great example! \:\)

I'll use it in my teachers work!!!

It's one of the best, what I've seen to illustrate - impossibility to illuminate herd... I work as teacher from autumn 1993 and quite often I can make very similar videos. Even when I was pastor - it was the same.

#59846 - 10/09/11 05:13 AM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Diavolo]
Latvian Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
...we abandon this empty "individualism" and connect with similar people... Through respecting ourselves for what we are, we respect those like ourselves.
Brilliant formulation of healthy individualism.

It's the reason why I've joined 'the 600 club'! I was a bit too individualistic, even as satanist and now I fulfill, what I missed in my life... \:\)

#60826 - 11/02/11 07:03 AM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Loc: ^NY
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
The American Revolution is arguably still a work in progress two centuries later.

Is it? I wonder ...
The Mayflower was stocked with alcohol that would much later birth the 21st amendment which in turn birthed organized crime in the United States as we know it to be presently. Such in turn taught people that prohibiting the transportation of such things was not enough and that the possession itself must be prohibited. As such our prisons in the USA have doubled in population since 1985 and many people believe this to be a manipulation of the drug market such as to monopolize an industry in their favor. In turn what was once an isolated nation that kept to itself has become one of the most influential nations in the world by way of military prowess at the expense of everything else including it's own people.

As you say, a work in progress ... but it is not a forward progress by any means. The founding fathers grew and smoked cannabis, drank alcohol and cared nothing for the affairs of europe, asia or the middle east. Such is what they were running from and they encouraged immigration only such as to allow others to escape such things as they did themselves.

I would not consider such differences between then and now to be progress by any means. Sorry if I ventured a bit off topic here. Just speaking my mind as I have been thinking about that recently quite a lot.

#61761 - 11/24/11 12:22 PM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Latvian]
Ashley Corinne Offline
stranger

Loc: Utah

Edited by Ashley Corinne (11/24/11 12:24 PM)
Edit Reason: Mistake

#61762 - 11/24/11 12:25 PM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Dan_Dread]
Ashley Corinne Offline
stranger

Loc: Utah
I agree with you on several points. Although I'm a student of LaVey--as most of us Satanists are to some degree--I can easily see that the CoS was, at least initially, a religion of "Anton worship." And that's all part of LaVey's philosophy, of course. But one precept Old Man LaVey taught was, "Indulgence, NOT Compulsion." That extends to rebelliousness. To be compulsively rebellious is as foolish as being compulsively subservient, or any other compulsion.

The Conservative Right in America is tantamount to theocracy and they must be toppled, no question. But Satanism is about strength AND wisdom. One is nothing without the other.

#61768 - 11/24/11 03:21 PM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Ashley Corinne]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Well, falling back on LaVey for thou shalts and thou shalt nots misses the point, from where I sit. With that said, some root ourselves in where Anton was coming from, that being a contemporary manifestation of left hand path tradition, than the specifics of how he manifested it.

Satan represents contemporary heterodox/antinomian tradition, but more importantly the physical manifestation of this in our causal reality. If you look at what LaVey DID, rather than just what he said, you can easily see he was also about action rather than just words.

It was only posthumously that the CoS became a cult of LaVey worship, which in my opinion, based on the words of those that spent time with him, would have disgusted him. The pussified emaciated husk of the houseniggery do nothing philosophy now represented by the Church of Satan is in no was LHP or really even meaningful, as per the usage of a metaphorical Satan. This is the one think I agree with Aquino on;Satanism without a meaningful Satan, that being for me a matter of bringing that concept into the real through deeds, is vacuous.

As far as indulgence and compulsion are concerned, we are talking about a truism that transcends just Satanism, this is just a matter of rationality. Compulsive behavior is often counterproductive, regardless of your philosophical underpinnings.

#61776 - 11/24/11 08:30 PM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: Dan_Dread]
thedeadidea Offline

If one is talking of revolution the type of change and how it is brought about will deem its worth. Because as it has always been The Devil is in the details.
#61784 - 11/25/11 01:44 AM Re: The State and Revolution [Re: thedeadidea]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
The most adept toward revolution are those who's will is to change the world, not the people who believe more in the why and the to what. Megalomaniacs will always be at the forefront of real change, but they care little about the details of the change.
I'd love for the DaVincis to change the world, but I know to expect that when they do there will be a Stalin under that DaVinci mask.

There are few things in this world I would take great risk and sacrifice to change. I'm more concerned with what I can make out of my environment than influencing others.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.159 seconds of which 0.137 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.