Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#56749 - 07/13/11 03:23 AM Apocalyptic Visions
Sean the Mystic Offline
Banned
stranger

I have been in the grip of apocalyptic visions for quite a while now, a sense of impending doom and an urge to totally destroy the existing order. I have this strange desire to watch the whole world burn before I die. I think I've turned the "dark side" because I decided that I needed to make fear my ally as I face this dark future. Now that I am in this dark place spiritually, I'm starting to look forward to the Apocalypse, which feels much better than dreading it. I was just wondering if other people have these demons and how they deal with them.

Edited by Sean the Mystic (07/13/11 03:26 AM)

#56750 - 07/13/11 06:13 AM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Sean the Mystic]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Most just take their medication.

D.

#56751 - 07/13/11 06:29 AM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Sean the Mystic]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

One way there could be an apocalypse is if someone or some group of people had the military, economic and political power to make it happen and did make it happen for whatever reason.

Or, the apocalypse could take place if this military, economic and political power was resisted by another great power and the resulting damage from the clash or battle produced such an apocalypse.

Or, maybe our way of living, our growing population and our way of producing things may mean the end for us.

We hold our own fate in our own hands, so I tend to look towards the power and control we wield, who has it, and the effect we have when we do something.

There is a darkness to us, a will to power expressed as destruction; balanced against a will to power expressed as creation and production. There is an archaic savagery to us, balanced against a will to celebrate greatness and brilliance through culture, re-creation and art. There is a tribalism, a will to chaos; but it is manifested in our society through conventional means, through the tools of language and through objects and our rules and institutions I think.

Still, I am curious why you want to see the world burn before you die?

#56760 - 07/13/11 12:07 PM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: ]
Sean the Mystic Offline
Banned
stranger

I'm not sure why I have this feeling, it sort of came out of nowhere a few years ago. I guess since the world ends with me, I feel like I should take it down with me. It probably also has something to do with the state of the world, which to me seems quite apocalyptic. I don't consider it likely that 7 billion tribal/religious monkeys capable of building ever more lethal weapons of mass destruction and intent upon consuming everything they can grab are going to avoid some very apocalyptic outcomes in the next several decades. I tend to think that the 20th century was just a little preview of the horrors that await us in the 21st.

A term I like for the coming Eschaton is the "Satanic Singularity": a time like the return of the Old Ones when all morals are cast aside, everyone is shouting and killing and reveling in joy, and we find out how many humans this planet actually wants to support. I see it as a "survival of the evilest" situation, in which the strongest, most ruthless and violent will survive at the expense of the weak. This has probably happened countless times in human history, but in our age of Christian delusions we have become blind to it. Soon, I suspect, we will have our eyes opened wide like Colonel Kurtz to the full horror of our situation.

Edited by Sean the Mystic (07/13/11 12:16 PM)

#56771 - 07/13/11 03:37 PM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Sean the Mystic]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
It probably also has something to do with the state of the world, which to me seems quite apocalyptic.

Your sentiments are shared by nearly every human that has ever lived in all of recorded history.

The concept of a human singularity or anarchic apocalypse is a farce. Even under catastrophic conditions, our society will still run under some kind of authority attempting to control and condition human behavior. It's been this way since the dawn of time, and everyone waiting for Armageddon's "red light" to go off has died in unfulfilled anticipation. The only way to destroy civilization is to destroy all human life.

Quote:
I see it as a "survival of the evilest" situation, in which the strongest, most ruthless and violent will survive at the expense of the weak.

How does this differ from normal human conduct?

Edited by The Zebu (07/13/11 03:38 PM)

#56780 - 07/13/11 06:06 PM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Sean the Mystic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Maybe you should join a gym?

A good solid workout usually gets rid of some aggression.
You in that robe/hoodie whatever don't look strong enough to do any fighting or martial arts.

Oh, the movie Fight Club is a good movie to watch if you thinking about the world burning/coming down. Its different than Star Wars, but as it is, I think you watched those movies too much.

Morgan

#56795 - 07/14/11 01:37 AM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Sean the Mystic]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
 Originally Posted By: Sean the Mystic
I have been in the grip of apocalyptic visions for quite a while now, a sense of impending doom and an urge to totally destroy the existing order. I have this strange desire to watch the whole world burn before I die. I think I've turned the "dark side" because I decided that I needed to make fear my ally as I face this dark future. Now that I am in this dark place spiritually, I'm starting to look forward to the Apocalypse, which feels much better than dreading it. I was just wondering if other people have these demons and how they deal with them.

Well dude I am not sure about you turning to the dark side. But the dark robe and stars behind you is pretty convincing. You certainly have turned to the dork side though . Congrats man ( golf claps) . I am impressed.

#56830 - 07/14/11 03:35 PM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Zach_Black]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
The existing order is doing well killing itself, starting with the financial crisis which will start rolling through the global system over the next few months.

Check out the ONA if you wish to participate in assisting the existing order to fall.

As an alternative create a deadly virus and unleash it into humanity: small pox, an adapted H5N1 virus...

Welcome to the world of the misanthrope.

#56848 - 07/14/11 11:26 PM Re: Apocalyptic Visions [Re: Sean the Mystic]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
Well your certainly not the first idiot that buys into the end of the world paranoia. Perhaps a visit to the local Asylum is in order.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.