Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#57 - 09/02/07 12:04 AM Fakers
darkangel Offline
stranger

Loc: CT
I can't stand these types of people...They're the ones who give us a bad name. They should be responsible for the crimes they committed, not blame them on 'the Devil' because it just makes us look bad...ugghh they make me so angry =(...

http://www.local10.com/news/13909541/detail.html

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/karencuriojonesarchive.htm

#58 - 09/02/07 12:23 AM Re: Fakers [Re: darkangel]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
...says the guy with the bloody baphomet avatar.

#59 - 09/02/07 12:32 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Octavius]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
 Originally Posted By: Octavius

LMAO, dick.

I say if you kill someone you get whatever is coming to you; but there should be an extra ass kicking for hiding behind the "devil made me do it" defense. It goes against the whole "responsibility to the responsible" deal that comes with being a Satanist (and a decent human being).

As for giving Satanists a 'bad name', one could argue that they did it to themselves by standing up and using the name and symbolism of one of earth's most hated and globally known figures in history.

- Rick

#64 - 09/02/07 09:03 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Octavius]
darkangel Offline
stranger

Loc: CT
 Originally Posted By: Octavius

girl actually ^_^ 8P

#75 - 09/03/07 01:43 AM Re: Fakers [Re: xear]
The Blackangel Offline

Loc: Missouri
 Originally Posted By: xear aka Rick

As for giving Satanists a 'bad name', one could argue that they did it to themselves by standing up and using the name and symbolism of one of earth's most hated and globally known figures in history.

- Rick

True, if you're referring to LaVeyan/Modern Satanists. But to my knowledge Traditional Satanism Has been around too long to fall under that statement.

#77 - 09/03/07 03:00 AM Re: Fakers [Re: The Blackangel]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
 Originally Posted By: The Blackangel

True, if you're referring to LaVeyan/Modern Satanists. But to my knowledge Traditional Satanism Has been around too long to fall under that statement.

No, I'm pretty much applying that to anyone who was born in the 20th century and knowingly took on that particular definition to describe their belief system.

I'm not knocking the principles of Modern Satanism (I could knock on Traditional Satanism as I find the literal belief in a deity absurd, but I won't. My previous statement was a generalization to all self-proclaimed "Satanists."), but yes, if you knowingly describe yourself as a Satanist, then you can't really bemoan the societal reaction you receive given the level of notoriety that 'Satan' has had over the last 7 centuries.

Now, with that said, my only point was to say that the people who kill and then claim to be a Satanist aren't the ones giving Satanists a bad name. They always had one by default :-)

- Rick

#86 - 09/03/07 04:27 PM Re: Fakers [Re: xear]
Trismegistus Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: xear aka Rick
-if you knowingly describe yourself as a Satanist, then you can't really bemoan the societal reaction you receive given the level of notoriety that 'Satan' has had over the last 7 centuries.
- Rick

I agree completely. It's implausible to be contemptuous towards those that use a "Satan made me!" masquerade and excuse just for that reason alone.

I do believe that the one who commited the act of murder should be held fully responsible, but that's just because murder is reprehensible. If he said that he was doing the will of god, then most would consider him insane. If he said he was doing the will of satan, people would still consider him insane. It's not going to ruin the image of either god or satan. God would still be at the virtuous end of the moral spectrum and the devil at the malignant end. It's just spilling the most trivial amount of fuel on a weak kindle.

#98 - 09/04/07 06:21 AM Re: Fakers [Re: darkangel]
Belial 666 Offline
lurker

Loc: Texas
The guy obviously had issues going on inside his head that more closely resemble schizophrenia rather than Satanic ideals & practice.

Here we have prosecuteres & detectives deciding that the evidence points to the practice of Satanism. They have no problem tossing in the terms "devil worship" as they fail to see the difference in the two.

Of the countless number of murder trials we'll see in a lifetime - very few of them will have the headline "Christian Convicted Of Human Sacrifice".

Satanism isn't the same as devil worship and has nothing to do with hearing demonic voices.

Once those misinformed people in question understand this, they also need to understand that Satanism is not synonomous with crime and/or murder.

Edited by Belial 666 (09/04/07 06:22 AM)

#115 - 09/04/07 09:46 PM Re: Fakers [Re: Belial 666]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I'm not into the kinder, gentler Satanism. I really don't see how this makes us look bad. Who's going to believe this crap anyways? Complete morons. Do we really need complete morons in Satanism? I think not. Let it scare them off.

Besides, he may be a murderer but at least he didn't try to drag Satan down with him in the courtroom:

"At no time did I ever say anything about that I killed for Candelo or I kill for Satan. I didn't do anything like this," said Galindo."

If anything it makes me wonder what the cops were thinking...

Satanists are pretty ethical people, we know this.

#207 - 09/10/07 06:35 AM Re: Fakers [Re: darkangel]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

Fleas dream of buying themselves a dog, and nobodies dream that, one magical day, good luck will suddenly rain down on them - will rain down in buckets. But good luck doesn't rain down, yesterday, today, tomorrow or ever. Good luck doesn't even fall in a fine drizzle, no matter how hard the nobodies summon it, even if their left hand is tickling, or if they begin the new day on their right foot, or start the new year with a change of brooms.

The nobodies: nobody's children, owners of nothing. The nobodies: the no-ones, the nobodied, running like rabbits, dying through life, screwed every which way.

Who are not, but could be.
Who don't speak languages, but dialects.
Who don't have religions, but superstitions.
Who don't create art, but handicrafts.
Who don't have culture, but folklore.
Who are not human beings, but human resources.
Who do not have faces, but arms.
Who do not have names, but numbers.
Who do not appear in the history of the world, but in the crime reports of the local paper.

The nobodies, who are not worth the bullet that kills them.

#211 - 09/10/07 08:20 AM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Very poetically put, Mistah Schoolbully.

Your attitude seems infested with broad generalizations, something witch btw strikes me as contradicting in relation to our (common?) philosophical platform; ultra-individualism.

I for one find it impossible to demand respect for the individual, without displaying the same respect when looking at my fellow human beings.
Granted; most people seems to be a waste of space, but this sorry fact does not alter another fact; human potential and the power of education...

IMNSHO; I tend to find human potential more often than not.
We could of course discuss whether people are born "nobody", or made into "nobody", or if "nobodies" are beautiful, or what is a "nobody" etc.

However; I will satisfy my self by addressing your poetry...

Who are not, but could be.

If one considers Satanism to be about personal evolution (which I wholeheartedly believe), the state of "becoming" should be a process which goes from cradle to death.
Those with both feet planted firmly on the ground is in fact standing still. Any major event in any given individuals life could set this process in motion. Of course; there are conformists of all colours, in all layers of society, who fears nothing but change. I'm having problems with understanding both your contempt and your (possible) admiration.
Care to enlighten me on the subject?

Who don't speak languages, but dialects.

Such a strange wording...
Are you referring to illiteracy?
Or perhaps narrow mindedness?
Or rural populations?

Who don't have religions, but superstitions.

Born & bred in a religious organization (Orthodox Xian).
I truly hate religions.
I firmly respect "superstitions".

What is a superstition anyway?
A set of thoughts & focal points that society deems barbaric & unfit.

IMO civilization is a terrible monster.
There is magic out there, so why otherwise?
I am not talking about waving the wand whilst striking poses and quoting incantations from some book.
I am talking about willpower, the true source of all magic.
To travel in fantasy is IMO a worthy goal in life.
Reality simply does not interest me.

Who don't create art, but handicrafts.

This is stupid, and I am not used to seeing direct stupidity from your pen (or keyboard).
Define art, would you?

Ive crossed blades with many a scholar on this subject, and when cornered they all give the same answer (whilst gritting teeth):
Art is in the eye of the beholder.

I for example see beauty & wisdom in an object who has a practical purpose, might that be a song, a chair, a mug, a weapon, a portrait etc.
Our current definition is simply art-ificial, shallow & hollow.
I prefer something real...

Who don't have culture, but folklore.

Fuck culture, for the same reasons as stated in several wordings above.
You've never stricken me as a snob before, what happened?

Who do not have faces, but arms.

Depends on who is looking, and you seem to be looking in the wrong place.

Who do not have names, but numbers.

His name was Robert Paulsson.

Who do not appear in the history of the world, but in the crime reports of the local paper.

Thievery is an old & respected profession.
Been there, done that, still doing it, but in a very subtle manner.
More subtle than governments and politicians at least.
Human rabble, human waste... ;\)

The nobodies, who are not worth the bullet that kills them.

Ehhhh...
Planning some action , matey?

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#215 - 09/10/07 12:00 PM Re: Fakers [Re: Woland]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Suggestion:

Satanists are born, not made ?

#216 - 09/10/07 12:11 PM Re: Fakers [Re: ballbreaker]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Originally Posted By: ballbreaker
Suggestion:

Satanists are born, not made ?

That sounds disgustingly LaVeyan....

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#220 - 09/10/07 02:20 PM Re: Fakers [Re: Woland]
The Blackangel Offline

Loc: Missouri
It may sound LaVeyan, but you need to remember that whether you like it or not a lot of people here are still stuck on LaVey's bible. There are plenty of his "Modern Satanists" out there, and I'm sure quite a few of the people that come here are Modern Satanists.

#222 - 09/10/07 02:35 PM Re: Fakers [Re: The Blackangel]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Alas: it was a joke...

That said, I have never taken much interest in the works of the good Doctor LaVey.

A Satanic Bible is IMO a contradiction ans well as an impossibility.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.