Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#242 - 09/11/07 05:13 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Woland]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
 Originally Posted By: Woland
Who don't create art, but handicrafts.

This is stupid, and I am not used to seeing direct stupidity from your pen (or keyboard).

That over-used and much abused word should be banned from this forum until people know how to use it properly. You sound like a schoolboy who, because he cannot work out algebra concludes that maths is stupid.

Quote:
Define art, would you?

We've been through this before. It is the highest expression of beauty.

Quote:
Ive crossed blades with many a scholar on this subject, and when cornered they all give the same answer (whilst gritting teeth):
Art is in the eye of the beholder.

... which is simply a polite way of saying that some people have got no taste.

Quote:
I for example see beauty & wisdom in an object who has a practical purpose, might that be a song, a chair, a mug, a weapon, a portrait etc.
Our current definition is simply art-ificial, shallow & hollow.
I prefer something real...

Anyone can forgive a man for making something practical as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making something totally impractical is that one admires it intensely. All art is impractical.

#282 - 09/12/07 05:56 AM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Dearest Schoolbully.

Refreshing considerations around the subject of "art".
I do not really have to argue against your opinions.
You seem more than capable of pulling the carpet from underneath your argument, as you deliver it...

One question; is a piece of music impractical?

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#330 - 09/13/07 04:40 PM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Actually, there is a VALID psychology job field called Art Therapy.
I actually took this as my double major in college.
You use Art as a means of working with children and adults to help them deal with their psychological issues in a nutshell.
You learn how different imagery can be universal in how people express themselves. One of the saddest things I dealt with was a 4 year old anorexic. She had no control over her life, and used food as a means of control on her world.

#363 - 09/16/07 04:29 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Morgan]
School Bully Offline

Your point being what exactly Morgan? That any looney tune can put paint to paper?

#364 - 09/16/07 04:34 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Woland]
School Bully Offline

Britney Spears' music makes for an excellent source of land fill

#367 - 09/16/07 08:11 AM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I really don't have anything to add the discourse here, other than to say I love the way SchoolBully is handling this topic.

Well done Sir!

#368 - 09/16/07 10:10 AM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US

*shudder*

#385 - 09/17/07 05:32 AM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: School Bully

Britney Spears' music makes for an excellent source of land fill

Very slippery of you Agent Starling...

Not...

Care to address the discussion, which I (for one) finds interesting?

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#401 - 09/17/07 05:31 PM Re: Fakers [Re: xear]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
This thread got so off topic topic, I thought I bring back “home”.

Fake -> Sham (noun) “2 : cheap falseness : HYPOCRISY”

If you take it from dictionary, they where not, they worship what they call “Satan”. Satan being able to symbolize or mean so many things. But you take the quote by Galindo:

Quote:
At no time did I ever say anything about that I killed for Candelo or I kill for Satan. I didn't do anything like this

If you read more into it “Satanism” introduced by the prosecutor, but it would be hard who brought the idea out, without a court transcript.

Quote:
earth's most hated and globally known figures in history

I would have to disagree, I would say its hated by all Christian’s (Catholics, baptist’s, etc). If you move out of that, “Satan” has little or no meaning including in Judaism (Judaism has no devil, there is no embodiment of evil).

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#419 - 09/17/07 10:56 PM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

"Your point being what exactly Morgan? That any looney tune can put paint to paper?"

NO, you dense one. Just that sometimes depending on an individuals age, mental status, and emotional status, that art can be used as a means of commicating problems or issues that a person may not be able to put into words.

Art is not always beautiful, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, if beauty always mattered, there would be lots more dead ulgy babies floating around.

M

#423 - 09/18/07 03:53 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Morgan]
School Bully Offline

Originally Posted By: Morgan

"Your point being what exactly Morgan? That any looney tune can put paint to paper?"

NO, you dense one. Just that sometimes depending on an individuals age, mental status, and emotional status, that art can be used as a means of commicating problems or issues that a person may not be able to put into words.

Oh, I'm sorry Morgan. In that case perhaps I should have said: Your point being what exactly Morgan? That any looney tune can put paint to paper in order to express his/her emotions/ feelings/mental state?

There - does that make it better?

Van Gogh and Picasso's blue period has a lot to answer for.

Quote:
Art is not always beautiful, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, if beauty always mattered, there would be lots more dead ulgy babies floating around.

No Morgan, you are quite wrong. Beauty always does matter. There is no such thing as "ugly art" only good art and bad art. Likewise there is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.

#443 - 09/18/07 03:50 PM Re: Fakers [Re: School Bully]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Thus by stating Vango and Picasso in regards to their blue period you prove my point.

"Beauty always does matter. There is no such thing as "ugly art" only good art and bad art"
Thus spoke/paraphrased Guilani as he banned some art from being shown in a new york city museaum.
What you are arguring about is your personal preference, your views verses what is more of a generally accepted idea. How do you define "good art"?

"Likewise there is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all."
So based on that statement, how do deal with the books you decide are badly written?

farienheit 214

come on....

Morg

#446 - 09/18/07 06:09 PM Re: Fakers [Re: Morgan]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Hey Schoolbully,

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and actually post a picture of yourself?

Somehow I guess you would be too gutless to? Are you the ugly fuck on the outside that you come across as?

This obsession of beauty says to me that you are one ugly mofo, that knows he doesn't cut it and has to resort to being an online bully (the biggest posures of the lot) to get respect.

So when it comes to fakers, I think you are the biggest faker of anyone on this board.

ZephyrGirl (ps, I'm really good looking, with great big double d's and legs like Payneham Road - They go all the way to Paradise)!

#447 - 09/18/07 06:21 PM Re: Fakers [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and actually post a picture of yourself?

Hmmm, now this is an intersting point.

Nearly everyone here has posted pics of themselves either now or in the past. Most of us have fairly extensive myspace albums.

Hell, some of us even have half naked pics of ourselves out there. *Ahem*

#456 - 09/19/07 03:29 AM Re: Fakers [Re: Fist]
Disabuse Offline

In reply to the OT of this thread:

You receive that which you sow. Openly stating you're a "Satanist" to the public will automatically reflect a negative shadow upon you. I wouldn't be mad, I would laugh at their indiscretion and ignorance.

If you want to try and change the general publics opinion of what a Satanist really is, good luck to you. For the rest of us, luckily we have the art of manipulation on our side.

I am whatever the situation calls for in my personal benefit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.