Page 2 of 14 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#57334 - 07/22/11 03:56 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Diavolo]
Managor Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
 Originally Posted By: Managor
Doesn't even sound political. Sounds like some extremist terror. They're terrorist, they'll attack anything.

Which part of "shooting at the Labor Party youth camp" does not sound political to you?

D.

None of it does. Just because a Left-leaning place get shot up doesn't automatically mean Righties did it...If a Right leaning place got blown and shot up, would you blame terrorist or Lefties? Iraq is mad at Norway..And how do you hurt a country? Kill it's future generation and leaders.(AKA trying to blow the Prime Minister to bits)

That being said, it's best to keep speculation to a minimum until the facts actually come out.

Islamic terror groups are already claiming it, not some Right-wing extremist group.

Edited by Managor (07/22/11 04:01 PM)

#57335 - 07/22/11 04:02 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
 Quote:
Now that Christianity is almost dead in northern Europe, what will replace it that can stand up to Islam?

Using one religion to try and "stand up to" another one is retarded. Why replace one set of shackles with another? That seems counter-productive.

At best religion can function as a unifying force with a people that can stand to resist a threatening force. In a scandinavian perspective Christianity is way less dangerous today than Islam has the potential to be.

Now I would prefer something else as that which unifies a people or nation in need but we also have to see what we have at hand. Im not sure about Norway but in Sweden alot of out national solidarity has been undermined with the multicultural project. What seems to rally people more than anything against unwanted muslim influence seems to be Christian in nature.

Atheists for example tend to be way more soft in their approach since critique towards Islam has become a taboo more with each year.

I would prefer a country that does not cling to Christianity but if we can use this religion to combat an even more unwanted religion then why not use it? I would see it as a means to an end. The end not actually involving Christianity at all.

#57336 - 07/22/11 04:03 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Managor]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

If tomorrow I shit my pants, Islamic Terror groups will claim that too. It does not mean anything.

Most terrorism in Europe has always been home-grown and about always political inspired. It wouldn't surprise me to find out some small radical native group is behind this.

If you got suicidals to deploy, those sure do a better job among some hundreds of youth than some lonely gunmen. I could be wrong but this smells like "made in Europe".

D.

#57337 - 07/22/11 04:03 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Managor]
TheInsane Offline

Doesn't even sound political. Sounds like some extremist terror. They're terrorist, they'll attack anything.

Which part of "shooting at the Labor Party youth camp" does not sound political to you?

D.

None of it does. Just because a Left-leaning place get shot up doesn't automatically mean Righties did it...If a Right leaning place got blown and shot up, would you blame terrorist or Lefties? Iraq is mad at Norway..And how do you hurt a country? Kill it's future generation and leaders.(AKA trying to blow the Prime Minister to bits)

That being said, it's best to keep speculation to a minimum until the facts actually come out.

Islamic terror groups are already claiming it, not some Right-wing extremist group.

The question was if it was political or not. Of course it is political - right wing or islamic or something else.

#57339 - 07/22/11 04:09 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Diavolo]
Managor Offline

If you got suicidals to deploy, those sure do a better job among some hundreds of youth than some lonely gunmen. I could be wrong but this smells like "made in Europe".

D.

That I can agree with, and you're right, it is political, just not Rep Vs Lib(which was what my point was trying to get at, -not- that politics has nothing to do with it) I was just wording my thoughts incorrectly.

However, the whole thing is pretty fucked up regardless of who does it.

Edited by Managor (07/22/11 04:13 PM)

#57343 - 07/22/11 04:46 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Managor]
TheInsane Offline

Norways prime minister now confirms that the shooter is a Norwegian. Nothing said about possible religious or political views.
#57346 - 07/22/11 05:00 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: TheInsane]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

I will never forgive. I will never forget. And for my money, Sean the fucking mystic can eat crap and die. This hurt. And it won't stop hurting anytime soon. And it's ok if people don't care about that. I don't want pity. But I object to being pissed on. Some fuck shot kids. You don't shoot kids. If I get to waterboard that man every hour of every day for the rest of my life it still won't be enough.

#57352 - 07/22/11 05:35 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Hear hear!

Fucker will suffer.
Our lenient penitentiary system will do some.
My dear flock of fellow previous inmates will do what must be done.
I trust...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#57357 - 07/22/11 06:19 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Woland]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Firstly, Woland, I am glad you and yours are safe.

Now, I can see this thing going either way - Islamists or Right Nationalists.

Still way too little info at this point. And, as I understand it, under the European system, we may not know the true identity (with ethnic/religious data) until after the trial.

Just keep in mind that the PM is from Labour so it should come as no surprise that any enemies of the govt would hit the PM where it would have the maximum psychological impact - terrorism by definition.

Of course, my bet is on Islamists. Typically, in Europe, bombings (esp large bombs) are the stock in trade of Leftist and Islamic groups. The Right tends to shoot, stab or beat it's opponents directly. If this is a Nationalist bombing it would represent a significant tactical and ideological shift.

#57374 - 07/22/11 07:28 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Woland]
SinisterMoon Offline

Loc: Florida
 Originally Posted By: Woland
Cowardly bastard fucks...

Interesting. Amrika has been killing civilians in Afghanistan by remote controlled drones for some years. So far - around 500 civilians killed, including women and children.

Who calls those who control the drones and authorizes those attacks *cowardly bastard fucks* ?

#57375 - 07/22/11 07:34 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: SinisterMoon]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Who is Amrika?

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#57379 - 07/22/11 07:58 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Woland]
SinisterMoon Offline

Loc: Florida
 Originally Posted By: Woland
Who is Amrika?

Rather - what is Amrika. Amrika is what those on the receiving end of State-sponsored terror call America. To wit - Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and places such as Yemen.

So far -in the last decade - Amrika has been responsible for (at a conservative estimate) the deaths of around half a million Muslims in such places.

#57380 - 07/22/11 08:01 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: Woland]
TheInsane Offline

Swedish media now says that the person probably is Anders Behring:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

The wiki naturally is updated all the time. In regards to politics he seems to have been a nationalist (allthough as I understand it not an extreme one in terms of ideology). He was also pro-sionist if that makes any difference.

#57381 - 07/22/11 08:01 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: SinisterMoon]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"Rather - what is Amrika. Amrika is what those on the receiving end of State-sponsored terror call America. To wit - Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and places such as Yemen."

If you dislike it here so much, then move there.

M

#57383 - 07/22/11 08:09 PM Re: Oslo 22/7-2011. Never forgive. Never forget. [Re: TheInsane]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Made in Europe it is.

Still, a whole lot of ravage for only one guy.

D.

Page 2 of 14 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.