Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#5787 - 03/16/08 09:24 PM Emos and racism.
TheMask Offline

Alright, i need to get some intelligent peoples opinions on this matter. I recently discussed this with a guy on my msn who i respect alot, but the conversation ended with him telling me to fuck off a number of times. He is intelligent so thats why im doubting my stance on this question a little.

People hate on emos alot and i think that this hate is getting excessive. There are so many worse things to hate and certainly so many worse things to call a person other then the "emo"-flaming that i have seen going on on so many websites.

I feel that discriminating on emos is the same as discriminating against other things such as goths and whatever - But i also feel that it is the same as being racist towards people of different skin.

Some people then counter with the argument "You cant change your race but you can change how you look, dress and act".
I think that this argument doesnt hold much water since i dont see why someone should have to change themselves just because the majority of people dont like how you look. It also goes away from the point of the matter.

The point here being is discrimination.
To me, discrimination against a certain group of people is discrimination. It doesnt matter if its blacks or emos. Its still all the same discrimination and prejudice.

So what is your opinion on my opinion? Do you agree with me or disagree? If so, please explain your stance!

#5789 - 03/16/08 09:44 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Why are you here?

Satanism is based on Might is Right doctrine. LaVey has been accused of out right plagiarizing "Might is Right" by Ragnar Redbeard.

Satanism is about elitism. Satanism is not for everyone. Satanists are born - not made. Satanism is about self deification and living a vital existence. This would seem to be contrary to the 'emo' fad of wallowing in self pity.

Yes, if you look like a clown people will laugh at you. Does this confuse you? And, perhaps more to the point, why would this bother you?

As to racism, most people who use the term do not know what it means. However, all people discriminate. In other words, all people choose 'this' over 'that.' All people like 'this' and dislike 'that.' Discrimination is a part of human nature. You might as well lament the fact that people can see at all!

#5790 - 03/16/08 10:09 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Fist]
TheMask Offline

Oh god, its you again.

Yes, thanks for the lesson about things that i already know.
Why do you think that you are teaching me something? Im not a Laveyan Satanist and i dont care much for it either.
You seem to think that the entire forum are Laveyans and that certain rules go for everybody. Last time i checked, following a book word for word is being blind. Kind of like the christians.

I myself discriminate quite a bit but that isnt the point here. In fact every little thing that you wrote simply isnt the point here.
I am wondering what people think of this argument of mine. Nothing more. If you have a problem with me then take it in a PM.

End.

#5791 - 03/16/08 11:30 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
LOL! Emo? What the hell Mask?

""Emo is a style of rock music which describes several independent variations of music with common stylistic roots.

Emo is also oftenly associated with a certain fashion. The term "emo" is sometimes stereotyped with tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts (sometimes with short-sleves) which often bear the names of rock bands (or other designed shirts), studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old and beaten up) and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses. Emo fashion has changed with time. Early trends included straight, unparted hair (similar to that of Romulans and Vulcans in Star Trek), tightly fitting sweaters, button-down shirts, and work jackets.[citation needed] This fashion has at times been characterized as a fad."" Wiki...

How does a Satanist go around saying he is against conformity, but goes buying into fads and musical fashion?

Like Fist states: 'Satanists are born' its got nothing to do with race or skin color. its a 'mental disease' as LaVey states...

So what does Satanism have anything to do with Emo or Racism. Hating someone cuz they're stupid is way different than hating them because of their skin color, nationality, and ethnicity; and who really cares if Emo boys in here???

Whatever happened to worrying about global warming... Darfur... Iraq... China... the crazy guy from communist Korea... our (America) economy and gas prices... or even Gay Rights? And your fretting over how Emo boys are being treated. What you gunna fight for Emo Rights? lol

Your interested in stuff like Emo and "Luciferian Witchcraft" and the JoS... are you in the right religion? Do you understand Satanism?

p.s. Emo boys are queers. My opinion on your opinion is: stop smoking the dope. This is what happens.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/16/08 11:55 PM)

~~352~~

#5792 - 03/17/08 12:11 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Pan420 Offline
pledge

Loc: New Mexico
I find the masks post rather amusing, If people would pick on me for what I wear I would probaly turn 'emo' also. Cause I thought 'emo' stood for emotional something or another. I find all fads to be rather a conformity to some one elses standards and ways of thinking. I for one follow no fad or genre. I believe my self to be an indivual and self reliant. But thanks for that amusing post, I hope that 'emo' thing works out for in five years.

"Use your fist and not your mouth",
Marilyn Manson

#5794 - 03/17/08 12:26 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
Im not a Laveyan Satanist and i dont care much for it either.

Then you are at the wrong site. This is clearly a modern satanist site built on the foundations of Lavey. Move along.

To equate hating "emo" with racism is plain stupid. You chose to follow the emo herd. You selected the mindset that dictates how you lead daily life. A Jew or Latino did not choose how they were born. Your argument is retarded.

Perhaps reading this thread emo will enlighten you.

#5795 - 03/17/08 12:52 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: fakepropht]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Actually, at this point, TheMask owes the committee an explanation.

Why are you here? The web must be full of emo-fag sites. Please, take that nonsense elsewhere. If you have not read TSB or any other foundational LHP material, and have no interest as a student of the LHP, then you are little more than a waste of space. Come to think of it, that is pretty emo "my live is black void...."

I can only hope that these posts serve as an object lesson to others.

#5797 - 03/17/08 01:57 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Fist]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Right. I think I have to appologise on behalf of the appauling and rather childish behaviour of my fellow Satanists. I am a member of many forums but it's not because of who I am. I'm a member of the BNP forum yet have very little interest in white supremecy, I joined to discuss things with people who would have a different opinion and outlook to myself. I'm also a member of a New Zealand general chat forum, I'm not from New Zealand and don't find it all that interesting. I agree that if you're not all that interested in Satanism you'll likely get a lot less from this forum but I am shocked and appauled at the responses that people have given you in this topic. Saying that, I would expect people who come here to be familiar with the Satanic Bible and the basic ideas of Satanism and unless said otherwise I assume all people here are Satanists.

Now to get to your point. This recent emo-fad that was created by the generation just after me honestly pisses me off. They took aspects of loads of different subcultures and groups from when I was a kid, threw them all together, pissed on them, act exceptionally depressed and call themselves "emo". Well considering "emo" simply means emotional I guess we're all fucking emo, the description and subculture as a whole, is flimsy, inconsistant and irritating. That said I hate emo-hating even more.

Emo-haters are nothing more that people with limited brain power who want someone to pick on to assert their manliness. It's especially annoying over the last year or so where the internet has been literally drowned in it. If you so much as say anything that would hint that you actually have emotions you get a endless stream of abuse from people calling you "emo-fag" and telling you to slit your wrists. This I find irritating.

People who identify themselves as "emo" often have a paper thin personality. They are regurgitated copies of the same damn person with no ideas or opinions of their own, they're normally teenagers, they will normally grow out of it.

People who hate emo just because it's cool to hate emo, they are morons who hate whatever is popular or common in that particular area at that particular time. Be is trekkies, furries, goths or any other group, they will show hatred because their stupid little monkey brain can't handle the idea that some people are different than then. They will either grow out of it or the Darwin awards has a new candidate, either way they're not that important.

In closing really it's morons taking the piss out of kids with a popular regurgitated ideal that is rarely consistant. It's not important and I view the whole situation as some kids having a tantrum. Yes it's discrimination, but it's based on action not just looks. "Emo's" are irritating. To discriminate someone based on their actions is perfectly justified. The random emo-bashing however is purile and pathetic.

As for my fellow Satanists, if you're not open to discussing things other than Satanism you're rather pathetic. If the subject is not engaging to you and you see no value in it don't join in but beleive it or not, not everything relates to Satanism. There is no need to flame and criticise another member just because they express an opinion on a subject you find inconsiquencial, you're better than that. I'm seriously unimpressed at the responses here. A gathering of intellectuals or a crowd of fundimentalists and single minded fools... which are you?

#5798 - 03/17/08 04:44 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TornadoCreator]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Y'know, reading some of the responses, TC's said it best.

Now concerning Satanism, and the fact that TheMask is not a LaVeyan Satanist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't The 600 Club a "Community for Satanism AND The Occult.

Secondly, He proclaimed to be a devil worshipper/Theistic Satanist/whatever A week ago. No-one got up in arms about it questioning why he's on the forum. DaVinci has proclaimed to being an Atheist than a Satanist and no-one was bothered until this week when his "big secret" was discovered. And remember; LaVeyan Satanism is basically Atheism with more dogma (in a nutshell).

Now, due to the "elitist" nature of LaVeyan Satanism, I'm not asking that we all let everyone join in with our discussions. However, if there are intelligent people who want to join the forum to discuss everything from Satanism to the events of the world, I say they're welcome, providing they can back up their statements and/or learn from the others.

Concerning the original topic, I find the "Emo" and "Scene" fad boring and highly irritating. It's mainly the attitude that I hate, since these kids are so fucking arrogant, and think they are better than you, even if they have nothing to show that they are. As for the whole whininess of most emos, this is irritating, since whining just gets old quickly. And the whining is usually over their girlfriend leaving them, and they make the biggest deal over it. That coupled with their promotion of self-harm is highly irritating. This isn't to say that they go around to people saying that "self-harm is real cool etc. etc.", but rather, they just display their self inflicted wounds and scars as though they should get a fucking medal. No.......*shakes head*.... promotion of such a self-degrading act is of the highest in ignorance and stupidity. Promotion of weakness doesn't sit well with me.

Some of the music can be irritating, but fuck it. Let people listen to what they want. I like some of every genre of music (okay, to tell the truth, I hate gangsta rap, but that's it really...).

So yeah, in short, I agree with TC's statement concerning the "emo" and "scene" trend that has infected our world. And I completely agree with his final statement in his argument.

#5800 - 03/17/08 05:55 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: DistroyA]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Everyone is a minority in some aspect. Discrimination is human nature and, as Fist pointed out, everyone does it. Emos have earned themselves the reputation of being nothing but attention-whores and self-mutilators. Cutting themselves apparently 'relieves' pain; yet it causes the individual (appropriate term, anyone?) to bleed and thus, enducing pain.

However, as human beings they reserve the right to do as they please. They don't harm anyone else, only themselves. They aren't intolerant to other scenes, and don't project their views and lifestyles on anyone else. If they listen to what you perceive as being 'shit music' then who cares? They most probably think your musical-taste is shit. They don't break the law.

#5804 - 03/17/08 08:41 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: DaVinci]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

My problem with emo kids like Mask is that they are trying to co-opt Satanism and re-define it to fit their own sad world view. Everything about emo is contrary to Satanism - herd conformity over individualism, self piety over the Overman concurring his obstacles, depression over vital existence. Can you dig it?....

Please go be a sad emo kid somewhere else but do not call this crap Satanism.

As to theistic satanists, they can be equally annoying. However, at the very least a theistic satanist can live a vital existence. As long as I am spared tales of Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny then we will get along fine. Hell, for that matter I get along just fine with plenty of Xtians as long as we stay off the subject of religion. Remember, this site is for all devotes of the LHP, like minds and fellow travellers. Emo falls under none of this.

Having said all that, let's put emo boy to the test:

Please tell us three of your personal beliefs that you feel are Satanic.

Edited by Fist (03/17/08 09:11 AM)
Edit Reason: dyslexia

#5805 - 03/17/08 08:48 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
I really don't care about how emo's look, dress, act, etc. TC says that an emo's personality is "paper thin". I think that that description best fits the music. I just think that it's not very good. It's just coincidence that quite a few people feel that way and post derogatory remarks. Who cares anyway? My own family hates my style of dress and musical tastes but I don't equate it with racism.

If you consider yourself an emo, who gives a shit what other people think? Live your own life, work out your issues, and forget the stupid shit. It's pointless and you should just move on.

#5808 - 03/17/08 12:21 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Sinistar]
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
Modeling your life after a musical movement is idiotic. Hippies, Punks, Emos, headbangers; idiots all. We can all have our musical preferences, but to take that and base your lifestyle around it is self-slavery.

#5819 - 03/17/08 02:45 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Octavius]
silligum_diaboli Offline
stranger

Loc: redhill, surrey , UK
I think that anyone that goes out of their way to be pidgeonholed into a particular group or stereotype is 'asking for it' so to speak, and if you are going to broadcast your lifestyle so loudly in peoples faces then chances are someone will shout back.

I think the whole 'emo' doctrine is just based around the forcedly depressive tendency towards really bad attention seeking from teenagers with nothing better to do. Its just a phase and will fade out just like all the past ones.

And im not going to into all the different types of Satanism, you could go as far as any religion, pure fact that replicating lyrics from a song into your lifestyle is not in any way linked to any religion. When you spend so much time and effort into being something then dont call it racism when people start calling you it.

#5822 - 03/17/08 02:59 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Octavius]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Well, I really wouldn't call this whole issue modeling lives after a musical movement. People tend to attach the labels based on what kind of music one listens too. It's peoples attitudes that are shaped first and the music is just another part of the whole image thing, it's secondary. I really don't think that too many of us in this forum are guilty of doing what you said although some of the youngsters might be.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.032 seconds of which 0.011 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.