Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#5830 - 03/17/08 05:22 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: DistroyA]
TheMask Offline

Thank you very much TC. I appriciate it.

Originally Posted By: DistroyA
He proclaimed to be a devil worshipper/Theistic Satanist/whatever A week ago. No-one got up in arms about it questioning why he's on the forum. DaVinci has proclaimed to being an atheist than a Satanist and no-one was bothered until this week when his "big secret" was discovered. And remember; LaVeyan Satanism is basically atheism with more dogma (in a nutshell).

Yes, i did and thats what i thought as well. I have seen that DaVinci is a "Freemason" and i dont see anybody trying to get up into his stomach through the ass about it.
http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5250#Post5250

Does that answer your annoying questions, Fist?
Stop fucking asking me what im doing here, you got your reply now. I dont take kindly to you or your opinion, you seem to be locked up in a small little box of your own. If you dont like my beliefs then thats your problem and not mine.

Now you know. Im a traditional devil worshipper and im very interested in getting in touch with the spiritual world. Thats what im doing here. What are you doing here other then trying to act like a badass over the internet?

What annoys me the most about how this thread has evolved is that alot of you immidiatly assume that im an Emo, without anything at all to back it up and then flame me based on that.
All i said was that i find the emo-bashing excessive and i made a comparison that i wanted your opinion on. You havent even seen a picture of me yet nor do you know how i look yet you immidiatly jump to these drastic conclusions.

No. I like emo-music alot but i listen to a mixed variety of music and as far as the look or simply whatever is concerned i dont consider myself to be emo. I wouldnt say that i follow any "fads" or whatever of that sort, i strongly dislike mainstream fashion and such things.
However this doesnt mean that i have a principle which doesnt allow me to associate with people of the sort or listen to mainstream music. Im confident enough in myself to know that im not part of a fad or whatever just because i allow myself to like certain things.

I do have a common alternative haircut which is common among underground fashion so im not gonna say that im completely free from any kind of fashion. But thats just because i dont think that anybody is.

Edited by TheMask (03/17/08 05:28 PM)

#5841 - 03/17/08 09:13 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
My reply is in response to your original post, Mask.

Emo is a subculture of a subculture. It is watered-down diet goth. It's a manifestation of the rebellious suburban youth who have too much time on their hands and parents that don't seem to give a shit. They crave attention, probably because their home life really does suck. I'm sure in many cases, they only perceive their life as shit because they don't know any worse and think they've ended up with the short end of the stick. They are perceived by outsiders as whiny, self-absorbed do-nothings. Losers that wear a mash-up of punk, goth, rockabilly and whatever the hell else is in their closet or from the nearest Goodwill store.

Emos are picked on relentlessly and why you ask? Because it gives them the attention they crave, no matter if it's negative. Their entire sub-sub-culture is centered around the concept of "martyrdom". If no one is hating on them, giving them wedgies in school, writing "Emos Suck" on their locker, or grinding their face into the pavement, how can they justify their existence? They might have to actually get a life and grow up.

But to even compare the "discrimination" of emos with say, blacks, is utterly ridiculous. African blacks were forced into slavery hundreds of years ago, were raped, beaten, whipped, starved, kept ignorant, and subject to the whim of a white man. How can anyone compare the suffering of a people who didn't ask for it, who were miserable NOT OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING, to a bunch of disaffected middle class white kids with ipods, cheap eyeliner and boys who wear girls' jeans?

Disliking emos is not "discrimination". It's more of a dislike of pathetic weakness in another human being that makes people want to attack them. Like a killer whale that can't help tossing around a seal before he eats it.

And no, in case you were wondering, I did not immediately assume you were emo, so my opinion on this should not be taken as a personal attack. If you take it as such, then, oh well. \:D

#5843 - 03/17/08 09:22 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Sinistar]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
 Originally Posted By: Pan420
I find all fads to be rather a conformity to some one elses standards and ways of thinking. I for one follow no fad or genre. I believe my self to be an indivual and self reliant.

They have a name for this pan, it's called denial. do you really expect anyone to believe that you have INVENTED your own lifestyle and fashion sense?

Everyone is part of some fashion and music taste and if i'm not mistaken i remember a thread about black metal that exceeded 3 pages of post from people stating there "love" for black metal and heavy rock and industrial and all that other shit.
so let's just cut this hypocritical show of superiority out.

Now, regarding the original topic of this thread before it was hit by a wave of self-righteous ignorance: the discrimination on emo's has become excessive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMp7Nnn7VbY
take this video for instance, for those of you who don't understand spanish. It's footage of metal fans beating on emo kids...for hanging around what they for some reason have come to believe is their venue. This shit isn't being made up. Where do you draw the line between dislking a fad and being a complete douchebag?

#5864 - 03/18/08 02:05 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: L Fern Tej]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
people need to lay of this fellow for being a traditional so they are big deal? whats the diffrence bettwen some one worshiping satan as an enity or some one believing in the occult and magic? yet one is accepted here and one isnt, thats seems kind of silly, if you going to give this fellow a hard time you need to go into the occult section of this site and do the same to the people who actualy belive in magic and not thouse that do a ritual to clease them selves i mean the ones who do a ritual and actually belive that will affect the world.

to attack this fellow for beliving in satan and while i do not share his views it seems kind of hypocritical that 2 forums beneath this one is the occult section. make belive is make belive whats the diffrence?

as to the emo thing i dont really like emos i just dont see what a bunch of teen angst suburbanits have that mutch to get depressed about. daddy dint buy me a new car im going to do a weak cut on my arm with a razor, do a real cut deep and hidden where onyl you can enjoy it. now real slashers slash their feet that way every time you walk you feel the pain and then your not out begging for attention but still get that pain.

ahh thanks for that video funny stuff i imagne thats like being a white kid in the getto with nigga please across your stomach <--(my buddy owns a tat shop and they hired a new artist and he put that on a white kid funnyest tat ever the guy got fired for it but damm funny )what im saying is its just asking for trouble and this fellow if he knew that the violence agisnt them was getting to that level must have had some idea befor walking in the lions den so to speak.

#5865 - 03/18/08 08:48 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: L Fern Tej]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Now I don't really accept unfounded violence, but that video was just too hilarious, when after the beating two girls where hugging and comforting the miserable emo kid. It just summed it all up...
It's emo till the end.

#5871 - 03/18/08 03:04 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Nemesis]
TheMask Offline

"Emos are picked on relentlessly and why you ask? "

I never asked that. I said that i find it excessive.

"But to even compare the "discrimination" of emos with say, blacks, is utterly ridiculous. African blacks were forced into slavery hundreds of years ago, were raped, beaten, whipped, starved, kept ignorant, and subject to the whim of a white man. How can anyone compare the suffering of a people who didn't ask for it, who were miserable NOT OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING, to a bunch of disaffected middle class white kids with ipods, cheap eyeliner and boys who wear girls' jeans?"

I dont think you see my point. Discriminating against someone because of their clothes/appearence is the same as discriminating against someone because of their looks. One should not have to change their appearence to be liked.
The point here is discrimination. Not black history.

Youre doing some extreme generalizing by claiming that every single emo in the world fits the stereotype. You seriously think Like with everything else - Not everybody is like that.
Thats the same as me claiming that all black people rob and steal. Thats the same as me hating all black people because of the actions of alot of black people but not all black people.

And yes, it is the same because its generalization. Im not saying that it necessarily has to be something bad but i find my point in the first post to be valid.

Edited by TheMask (03/18/08 03:15 PM)

#5874 - 03/18/08 03:37 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: L Fern Tej]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
I would never say that us Black Metal fans are better than fans of Emo. I'm a grown up. I might've participated in that Black Metal love fest that you're talking about, though.

I also did advise Mask as to just be himself (Before he clarified that he wasn't an Emo per se) and not to worry about what others think.

I'm not clear as to who you're calling a hypocrite because you replied to me, called out Pan, and then started a new paragraph. Just in case, I thought I'd clear my name up a little bit.

Music is great and all but it shouldn't be the lone factor on how we judge other people. Period.

Edited by Sinistar (03/18/08 03:42 PM)

#5875 - 03/18/08 03:46 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: TheMask
One should not have to change their appearence to be liked.

But that's exactly what emos do in most cases, isn't it? They start dressing a certain way in order to become an accepted member of their "scene."

I agree that it's possible that some of them genuinely like the clothes and haircuts they sport, but it's more likely that they enjoy the feeling they get from going to the mall and knowing that they're part of something bigger than themselves. It could almost be compared to religion when you think of it in that sense, ne?

I personally don't really care about emos. They're an inconsequential mainstream sub-culture that will never destroy the metal. I'd have been much more vitriol if this discussion had been regarding the gangster/prison sub-culture, though. I fucking hate people who try to act like their poor and purposely keep themselves ignorant, as if they fucking a have a clue about what being poor is really like.

Quote:
You can't kill the metal
The metal will live on
Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
New-wave tried to kill the metal
But they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground
Grunge tried to kill the metal Ha,hahahahaha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground
Aargh! yeah! [x2]

[Singing]

No-one can destroy the metal
The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow
We are the vanquished foes of the metal
We tried to win for why we do not know

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way
Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way
Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong
Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong
Yea!

Metal!
It comes from hell!

It's too long to use as a signature, but I couldn't resist working it into this thread.

#5879 - 03/18/08 05:27 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Jeseth]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Ok, I am confused. What are other people doing to you that you find so offensive. How are you being picked on?

Personally, I don't walk around seeking the affirmation of other people.

#5889 - 03/18/08 08:07 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
The point here being is discrimination.
To me, discrimination against a certain group of people is discrimination. It doesnt matter if its blacks or emos. Its still all the same discrimination and prejudice.

I do understand the point you are trying to make, but you seem to have failed to have grasped the point that Nemesis was trying to make.

You really can't compare people teasing, raggin on or even bashing someone with centuries of slavery, aparthied and deep seated discrimination like that.

Yes it's bad and stupid and generalizing to descriminate against someone by their looks, but that is how alot of people are. That is how they feel 'better' than someone else. You feel it is excessive because it's generally when people don't like something that they are the most vocal about it. The people who aren't like that just continue on with their lives and ignore the whole schebang knowing it will pass over like the fad itself.

And isn't that one of the things Satanism is supposed to be about. Seeing the world how it really is, rather than how we would like it to be. Not judging books by the cover, but rather judging people on their merits?

You are then starting to preach to the choir. I'm sure none of the people on this site do discriminate against emo's just because they are emo. I'm sure they discriminate against them for being insipid individuals. If they do indeed discriminate against them at all.

Zeph

#5890 - 03/18/08 08:25 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"People hate on emos alot and i think that this hate is getting excessive. There are so many worse things to hate and certainly so many worse things to call a person other then the "emo"-flaming that i have seen going on on so many websites."

Its just silly.
If you look like an emo, whine like an emo, chances are you're an emo.
It just gets annoying. If you are a boy dressing like a girl, wearing more eyeliner than me, and being all wussie like, and having the off symetrical haircut. You're emo.

Now, I dont care if you are emo, you made the choice to be emo. Just dont whine to me about it.

People get beat up for how they look all the time, its nothing new.
Rockers, hippies, beatniks, mods, disco freaks, goth kids all got beat up and into fights for how they looked.

If you can't defend your CHOICE of style, maybe its time for a different look.

Dude, everyone gets discriminated against.
Its just a matter where you are, and what time it is.

The black guy in a white neighborhood at night.
The white guy in a black neighborhood at night.
The white guy/girl in a spanish bar.
The long haired rocker in a red neck bar.
The goth kid in a spanish club.

I have had my share of fights, had problems in various bars, its just something everyone goes through.

The experiences you go through, and the choices you make, can either make you stronger or make you a victim.

Why choose to be a victim?

Be who you are, but be strong with it.

Morgan

#5999 - 03/20/08 01:11 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Sinistar]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Isn't it just an aspect of primal human nature to look at another human and judge him based on their tribal/herd markings?

You can't just erase thousands of years of natural wiring to observe, judge, and dislike some one who doesn't belong to the same social group as you do. Back then this was a matter of survival. If a human back then spotted another human with different markings it could mean another tribe or herd of humans was in your territory and may compete for food and take your females.

We might think ourselves to be all evolved from those sncestral days living in our high tech cities; but we are still human; and we still have what might be considered "Psychological Territories" which like its land based cousin also has landmarks and limits, and offers the same benefits - survival, resources, group association, and mates.

As an example Satanism is a Psychological Territory. It has Landmarks which defines its territorial boundaries. Landmarks like "Satan" "The Nine Satanic Statements"... and if one were to venture beyond these recognized landmarks, one would not be a "Satanist" anymore.

Emo is just another Psychological Territory... a stupid one, with its own group identity landmarks: the music, the hair, the "dress code" the underdeveloped belief system or group way of seeing life - as depressing...

We should as Satanists embrace our human nature and not fight our natural feelings of hatred for people from other psychological territories... especially those sissies in black from the land of Emo.

~~352~~

#6001 - 03/20/08 01:15 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Jeseth]
TheMask Offline

Originally Posted By: Jeseth
 Originally Posted By: TheMask
One should not have to change their appearence to be liked.

But that's exactly what emos do in most cases, isn't it? They start dressing a certain way in order to become an accepted member of their "scene."

I agree that it's possible that some of them genuinely like the clothes and haircuts they sport, but it's more likely that they enjoy the feeling they get from going to the mall and knowing that they're part of something bigger than themselves. It could almost be compared to religion when you think of it in that sense, ne?

Yes, thats quite possible.
But the ones arguing against me seem to suggest that because youre born a certain way - Its not right to be made fun of.
If you now choose to be a certain way - Its completely alright to be made fun of, even if that "way" is your way or expressing yourself. I dont consider this to be correct.

Sure, choosing to be a certain way does mean that you have a certain price to pay since you chose to be that way - But that still doesnt make the discrimination that you have to endure any more right in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Fist
Ok, I am confused. What are other people doing to you that you find so offensive. How are you being picked on?

Personally, I don't walk around seeking the affirmation of other people.

Misunderstanding me with posts suggesting that i myself am emo. Kind of like the posts you made. I find this a tad annoying.

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
You really can't compare people teasing, raggin on or even bashing someone with centuries of slavery, aparthied and deep seated discrimination like that.

Thats all in the past in my opinion. These are new ages, black people now have equal rights and even white kids want to be black so that really doesnt work for me. Yes, discrimination still exists and it always will but that just brings me back to my point.

Quote:
Yes it's bad and stupid and generalizing to descriminate against someone by their looks, but that is how alot of people are.

I know this very well. Thats not the problem. The sole purpose of this thread was to see what people think of my point since that point started a huge argument on the last forum i was on. I wanted to see what some allegledly intelligent people would think about my point.

Thats really all there is to it. I already know that people are idiots, i already know that everybody discriminates in some way or another and i already know that the mainstream sucks.

#6002 - 03/20/08 01:15 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
especially those sissies in black from the land of Emo.

Emos wear black? I thought they wore blue denim and neutral-colored band t-shirts?

#6004 - 03/20/08 01:20 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Jeseth]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Jeseth
 Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
especially those sissies in black from the land of Emo.

Emos wear black? I thought they wore blue denim and neutral-colored band t-shirts?
My bad; there aren't many of them roaming around where i live. I've only seen three and they had black on with glittery belts. I hear they're nomadic and evasive. Its prolly a survival mechanism to avoid being lynched by the aggressive anti-emo brigade.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/20/08 01:21 PM)

~~352~~

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.