Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#6012 - 03/20/08 02:51 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
It is natural to judge someone like that, it's in our genetic make-up. It's just plain moronic to physically harm someone because of the way they look or how they think.

If they want to "slash" themselves and listen to crappy music, that's their problem. I wouldn't go out and kick someone's ass because they're emo. As adults, we should have better things to do anyway. Jumping people on general principle is too high schoolish.

#6019 - 03/20/08 07:01 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Sinistar]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
 Originally Posted By: Sinistar
I would never say that us Black Metal fans are better than fans of Emo. I'm a grown up. I might've participated in that Black Metal love fest that you're talking about, though.

I also did advise Mask as to just be himself (Before he clarified that he wasn't an Emo per se) and not to worry about what others think.

I'm not clear as to who you're calling a hypocrite because you replied to me, called out Pan, and then started a new paragraph. Just in case, I thought I'd clear my name up a little bit.

Music is great and all but it shouldn't be the lone factor on how we judge other people. Period.

sorry if you thought the comment was directed towards you. i have a tendency to just read the text and not look at who posted or read them all and then forgot who said what. it was mainly directed at the entire first page of people bashing emo.
and the only reason why i replied to that one specific post by Pan was because i found his "i'm original" statement to be absurd.

#6020 - 03/20/08 07:19 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: TheMask
"Emos are picked on relentlessly and why you ask? "

I never asked that. I said that i find it excessive.
Some wise guy once said: "He who minds other people's lives, don't have a life of their own."

I'm just trying really hard to understand why you made it your business to be so concerned about how awful Emos are treated. This is a joke. Who cares?

I mean I can understand it if you were with PETA fighting for the dignity of animals and arguing with people to get them to stop eating meat or wearing fur... I could understand if you stood up for Bush from all the excessive Bush bashing... but Emos???

I can list different groups that get an excessive amount of bashing, and sometimes genocide, and murder, who deserve some real sympathy like the Kurds in Iran-Iraq... Jews... Gays... Transexuals... Japanese guys that like to wear cowboy shit... The Ainu in Japan... Native Americans... Native Australians... Britney Spears... Barbara Walters... Martha Stewart...

But of all things to defend, Mask picks Emos. LOL, and you whine about it too: "stop it, its too excessive, leave them alone..." My god.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/20/08 07:20 PM)

~~352~~

#6023 - 03/20/08 07:42 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Obviously you have nothing to learn here. Why did you bother asking for other peoples opinions only to say they are all invalid and you are misunderstood? Seems like a waste of time to have even bothered....

#6059 - 03/20/08 10:10 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
TheMask Offline

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
I'm just trying really hard to understand why you made it your business to be so concerned about how awful Emos are treated. This is a joke. Who cares?

I just find it a bit annoying seeing as how there are so many worse things to call someone then "emo" and i see people calling each others "omg u fukin emo" alot.

#6062 - 03/20/08 10:23 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA

I just find it a bit annoying seeing as how there are so many worse things to call someone then "emo" and i see people calling each others "omg u fukin emo" alot.

Oh... like 'motherfuckin fag' instead of emo?
well, blaim it on Political Correctness. We can't go around saying stuff like: "Dude, thats gay..." cuz gay people are people to and its politically incorrect. We can't say things like: "dude, what a Jew..." cuz that is tasteless and just plane sorry... this doesn't leave very many derogatory words to call people, so Emo is used in lieu, until the Moral Police takes that word away too.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/20/08 10:28 PM)

~~352~~

#6070 - 03/20/08 11:45 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
What next, "Leave Britney alone" clones jumping in here? Crying for equal rights for Britney and her followers? Leave the fluffy bunny version of Satanism to the Wiccans and internet gods. I'm sick of it. "Might is Right" "Lex Talionis". Grow some leather skin.

#6072 - 03/21/08 12:13 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: fakepropht]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Again and again, I will point out their is nothing satanic or sinister about whining and crying "poor pitiful me." You simply look pathetic and nothing more.

#6073 - 03/21/08 12:54 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
TheMask Offline

Have i been doing this? No.
Youre making yourself look like quite a jackass. I have never said nor suggested that i would do what youre saying - Yet you immidiatly assume so because of one post of mine that contains the word "emo".

Yes, people tend to generalize. But youre really fucking extreme.

Oh... like 'motherfuckin fag' instead of emo?
well, blaim it on Political Correctness. We can't go around saying stuff like: "Dude, thats gay..." cuz gay people are people to and its politically incorrect. We can't say things like: "dude, what a Jew..." cuz that is tasteless and just plane sorry... this doesn't leave very many derogatory words to call people, so Emo is used in lieu, until the Moral Police takes that word away too.

Interesting thought dude.

#6083 - 03/21/08 05:50 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
morgoth Offline
stranger

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
What the fuck is an EMO. Isn't he a Seasame Street character. Maybe i'm just getting old and don't fully comprehend all this modern mumbo-jumbo, how about just being YOU.
As for racism, I'm just like any human of any race, it's inherant in all of us.
Like it or loath it, It's part of the human existance.

#6602 - 03/29/08 09:35 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Octavius]
Kon Offline
pledge

Loc: Berlin, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Octavius
Modeling your life after a musical movement is idiotic. Hippies, Punks, Emos, headbangers; idiots all. We can all have our musical preferences, but to take that and base your lifestyle around it is self-slavery.

Actually Octavius, someone who does that would be called a musician.

Hm, Emo bait and that was the funniest thread I've read since I registered here.

#6608 - 03/29/08 12:10 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: TheMask]
Meq Offline
Banned

From what I've gathered about the emo subculture, such a 'victim' mentality attracts further perpetrators.
Further reinforcing the emo's 'victim' identity.

OK, so what does beating up a bunch of whining emo kids accomplish?
It adds fuel to their fire and attracts public sympathy.

A few more acts like this, with the way things are going in today's politically-correct culture - it will soon be illegal to express hatred towards emos.

Martyrdom is a powerful weapon. Ask any Islamist...

#6728 - 03/30/08 09:29 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Meq]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Well I was thinking about posting here before but decided I'd wasn't going to until Mask recently told me I should come here and bash him.

So first of all emo is NOT a race. So It's not racism. It's barely even prejudice considering the fact that they are really fucking annoying and pretty much ask for the attention. Good attention makes them feel better. Bad attention fuels there depression or mental instability ( If they have either ) and makes them commit more acts as to draw more attenion. Such as cutting. So btw what is with the mass self mutilation this emo generation seems to like so much and why is it so popular?I guess it's part of the attention seeking? Any opinions?

I am not implying that ALL people's of this emo subculture participate in self harm and am not implying that all people who commit acts of self harm are emo. Merely the fact that it seems in the last few years numbers of people committing self harm have increased and that MANY of them ARE emo. And many of the emo subculture do self harm.

#6735 - 03/30/08 11:37 AM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: PigFeeder]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Truthfully, I didn't even know what "Emo" was until last year. Also, could someone please tell me what the Hell "Scene" is? Am I getting old or something that I've heard of these terms after the fact?

Time to take my Geritol...

#6762 - 03/30/08 05:54 PM Re: Emos and racism. [Re: Sinistar]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
pigfeeder slashing was around long before emos.i personally use it to keep my anger in check if im about to snap. pain brings me back to reality ,and the consequence of what you are about to do, and release some of that rage.the last time i was pissed off my legs where black and blue for a week from punching them until i had calmed down.metal also has its share of slashing culture thought if you think about it. how many metal heads had slayer cut into their forearms after the divine intervention album.

what i find annoying about (cutting) is that they are weak little cuts and that is not self harm, that is attention seeking if you are going to self mutilate do it right, do it deep, hidden,let your hate out on your flesh, when they are angry cuts they are not all in line neatly cut(think more of an abstract painting) this is how you can tell.so yes slashing has kept me out of jail many a time by giving me a vent for my hate.wounds heal.

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.