Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#57886 - 08/01/11 07:01 PM Profile Pic
Ophelia Offline
stranger

Loc: Portland, ME
Is just me or is it difficult to upload a picture? Everytime I update the new pic on my profile it doesn't try to upload at all. It just deletes the information I put in there.

#57887 - 08/01/11 07:43 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Ophelia]
Jake999 Offline

Ophelia:

One problem may be that the pic you are trying to load is too large for the site to accept. It normally is very easy to upload a pic, and that was where I had problems when I initially tried.

#57889 - 08/01/11 08:16 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Jake999]
Ophelia Offline
stranger

Thanks, I'll try to find a pic that is smaller.

#57890 - 08/01/11 08:20 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Ophelia]
Ophelia Offline
stranger

Yay, success! Hedonismbot: I apologize for NOTHING!!!

#57892 - 08/01/11 09:03 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Ophelia]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
You can use ANY image you want as an avatar, provided it's ok by the admin here on the site, as long as you resize it.

When you attempt to upload an image it gives you the guidelines that the image must be... use PhotoShop or similar software to resize it to the desired size.

#57893 - 08/01/11 09:21 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Ophelia Offline
stranger

Thanks for the advice ;\)

#105723 - 03/03/16 11:51 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Ophelia]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Tried changing my avatar, however, there is an issue. Upon changing, a resized version of my current avatar is displayed. I have tried switching from 'no avatar', and this worked, but every time I re-upload (back to 'uploaded image' option), it gives me the same avatar I have now, resized. Speaking of which, I have made sure the picture does not exceed 125x125.

#105735 - 03/04/16 02:56 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Creatura Noptii]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Have you tried using several avatars, or just one new one? There might be an issue somewhere with the particular picture that you are trying to use.

I can play around to see if I can delete your current avatar and then see if you can reload another one. However, I haven't used any administrator options as of yet in regards to avatar's so just to let you know, I might accidentally completely mess things up.

I also see an option where I can put in a link for an avatar for you, if you have one. Not sure if it would work, but if you want me to give it a shot, send me a private message with the link to it.

#105738 - 03/04/16 03:42 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Creatura Noptii]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Creatura Noptii
Tried changing my avatar, however, there is an issue. Upon changing, a resized version of my current avatar is displayed. I have tried switching from 'no avatar', and this worked, but every time I re-upload (back to 'uploaded image' option), it gives me the same avatar I have now, resized. Speaking of which, I have made sure the picture does not exceed 125x125.

Had the same issue. Try changing the file type. I can't remember which it is, (.jpg, .gif, .png) but I remember distinctly there was one type of file it just wasn't having, even though it was the right size and technically on the "allowed" list.

#105756 - 03/05/16 08:06 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: XiaoGui17]
Creatura Noptii Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thank you both XiaoGui, and Asmedious for the help. Xiao, you were correct, changing the format did the trick. I tried several, it seems for some reason it doesn't like .jpg, but .png is acceptable.

#105757 - 03/05/16 10:31 PM Re: Profile Pic [Re: Creatura Noptii]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Something I ran into when I changed my avatar: Initially it continued to show my old avatar. I thought I'd made a mistake, but when I went to a computer I don't normally use and logged in it showed my new avatar. Apparently on the computer I normally use the old avatar was stored in cache. After a couple days it showed the new avatar.

At least I think it was a cache issue. Logging off and back on might've activated the new avatar. I didn't try that.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.