Topic Options
#57918 - 08/02/11 11:08 PM Ride Of The Valkeryies
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA

#57920 - 08/03/11 12:22 AM Re: Ride Of The Valkeryies [Re: Jude Leaven]
a. don Offline
pledge

Nice version, who conducts?? Boulez?? I must admit I this version is better than the one I have with James Levine and the Metropolitan Opera with Hildegar Behrens as Brunhilde and Jessye Norman as Sieglinde. I think the version I prefer is the Decca recording with Birgit Nilsson as Brunhilde and Wolfgang Windgassen as Siegfried conducted by Solti.
#57929 - 08/03/11 11:59 AM Re: Ride Of The Valkeryies [Re: a. don]
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA
@a.don: I wish I knew the answers to your questions. I was just looking for a good version of "Ride Of The Valkyries" to share online and listen to other than the "Apocalypse Now" version which most people like because of the Air Cavalry coming in shooting up the beachhead. I found something by Siegfried last night that was very nice. I'll post it here for you.

The thing I like about this particular opera is the costumes and the set decoration.

#57951 - 08/03/11 11:55 PM Re: Ride Of The Valkeryies [Re: Jude Leaven]
a. don Offline
pledge

Allow me to post a good version of the finale of the Ring tetralogy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=146tTKSXu7s

#57952 - 08/04/11 12:00 AM Re: Ride Of The Valkeryies [Re: a. don]
a. don Offline
pledge

Whenever you speak of the tetralogy, you have to consider the underlying meaning: the self-destruction of the gods (by Wotan's will) for the birth of a new free race: the Human race.

In the final scene Brunhilde realizes that the prophecy that the Wotan gave in the end was true. Now she realizes what her destiny is, and jumps into the fire after Siegfried, an act of love and devotion, but as well as as vengeance and duty.

A truly beautiful and poetic act for one of music's most dramatic and beautiful moments.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.