Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#58032 - 08/07/11 07:51 PM The Principia Discordia
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
http://principiadiscordia.com/book/1.php

I happened upon this "movement" I guess you could say it is, called Discordianism. From what I've gathered it is a parody religion that looks to the Goddess Eris and recognizes that discord and confussion are just as important as order. It sure has some interesting points. So far I'm about 44 pages in.

Anyone else read this? If so what are your thoughts toward Discordianism?

#58033 - 08/07/11 08:12 PM Re: The Principia Discordia [Re: Lamar]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Discordianism, I think, succeeds as an intelligent postmodern alternative to conventional occultism/religion where Chaos Magick failed.

My own theories are very close to their own, especially in regards to the essential nature of Chaos. The principle difference is that I take myself more seriously-- perhaps out of youthful naivety?

#58035 - 08/07/11 11:03 PM Re: The Principia Discordia [Re: The Zebu]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
What I took from what I read is that the Discordian view of chaos is that both peace and conflict are illusions of chaos, both being manifestations of it. Would you care to expand upon your theories in regard to chaos?
#58042 - 08/08/11 01:07 PM Re: The Principia Discordia [Re: Lamar]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Read Robert Anton Wilson's The Illuminati Trilogy. Seriously, read it. Much like Satanism and The Church of the Sub-Genius, Discordia is a modern construct.

#58060 - 08/09/11 08:57 AM Re: The Principia Discordia [Re: Fist]
Autodidact Offline

They may be watching you ... ACT LIKE YOU AREN'T READING THIS!

Are you 'different'? Then YOU are one of the Chosen! Join the Church of the SubGenius and become an ordained Minister of Slack before the spaceships arrive on Day X! Even morons know these are the end times! Only J. R. "Bob" Dobbs stands between the conspiracy and total planetary freakout!

Eternal salvation or triple your money back!

(You gotta admit, it is amusing )

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.