Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#58189 - 08/14/11 01:45 PM What does "vanne" mean in 6th Enochian Key?
Dylan Offline
stranger

Hey all. Got a question. The sixth Enochian Key says:

"The spirits of the fourth angle are Nine, mighty in the trapezoid, whom the first hath formed, a torment to the wretched and a garland to the wicked; giving unto them fiery darts to vanne the earth, and Nine continual workmen whose courses visit with comfort the Earth, and are in government and continuance as the Second and Third."

Does anyone know what "vanne" is supposed to mean in this context?

Thanks a lot. \:\)

#58191 - 08/14/11 04:44 PM Re: What does "vanne" mean in 6th Enochian Key? [Re: Dylan]
Jake999 Offline

The term "Vanne" is an archaic for that has a meaning that would mean almost like "span the earth," but under the influence of some power order. The closest use of it I think you could find today would be in the French term "Vanne Directionelle," (directional valve) that sends fluids in various directions from the source (perhaps a refinery or main vat) to other locations.

So, in the case of the 6th Key, we're looking at the feiry darts to vanne the earth... powers that can be directed anywhere from the hand of he who holds the power.

Probably clear as mud...

#58198 - 08/15/11 12:39 AM Re: What does "vanne" mean in 6th Enochian Key? [Re: Jake999]
Dylan Offline
stranger

Thanks a lot Jake. I understand what you're saying. A valve makes me think of water, as in the opening of a floodgate. I think I have a lot better understanding now anyway. Appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.